LOTROCommunity

Spotted a bargain - post here

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's this one, but I'm an idiot and merged yours with this, and it moved the whole other thread instead of yours. Should be fixed now, though.

6 Free Batman games on the Epic Games store https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week The Arkham collection and 3 Lego Batman games.  Each of the 2 packs is normally

Theme Hospital is being given away on Origin for free. It was a fun little game back in the day, so if you have an Origin account it's well worth picking up. 

Oh god, Bloaty Head Syndrome outbreak! Yeah it's a fun little game, I played the original back in the day and got it again a few months back on GoG, it's still fun to play now even if it does look a bit dated.

• Upvote 1

GW2 for $10

sale today and tomorrow

This weekend, January 24 and 25, you can purchase the game for an unprecedented 75% off!* That’s our best offer ever on one of the most critically acclaimed and decorated MMO games of all time.

A special PAX appearance, double XP, 15% off experience boosters, and 75%* off the game – now that’s a weekend for the history books! We hope you will join us.

*Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 24, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on January 25, 2015.

Word of warning: do not buy ANYTHING made by Bandai Namco on PC. They do nothing but shoddy console-ports that don't work properly on PC without an arseload of adjustments required.

Evidence? What game are you talking about? Dark Souls 1? Did you play DS2 on a PC?

Anyone who knows about these games (or played them on a PC) knows that the first game had issues on the PC and was not a good port. But is this really true for Dark Souls 2?

From a review:

The PC version of Dark Souls II is the definitive one to own. It’s a good step up in the graphics and performance departments, annoying load times are drastically reduced, and players can even opt to play with the mouse and keyboard if they so desire. It shows that From Software spent a considerable amount of time attempting to come up with controls that would feel natural on the PC.

There are no new exclusives to the PC version, but the performance really shines in comparison to both console versions. Forget the occasional frame-rate drop or screen tear; the experience on PC is consistent, and absolutely feels like the way this title is meant to be played. Seeing the action in a solid and unwavering 60 FPS is a true joy. Players who had complaints about the responsiveness, especially in regards to menus, on console may find that things are more responsive here. Anecdotally, it seemed like an improvement to me.

From Software’s second attempt at bringing a Souls game to PC is head and shoulders above the botched initial foray that was the original game port.

Player experiences:

"I'm in the camp that loves how this port is done. Rock solid, stable, optimized, 110 hours without a crash. Shadows of Mordor is the same way. They're obviously made for a controller and whatnot but rather than half-ass a PC version and add 50 graphical settings for no reason, they've got what I'd say are the "core" of a good port correct - stable, fast, runs at native res, etc. I don't mind the lack of an FOV slider or 5 AA modes when they absolutely nail the native res/performance/stability combination."

"The port is fantastic."

"DS2 is pretty optimized for lower end hardware. Even integrated GPUs can purr it along at 30+fps"

More:

Can we take a moment to appreciate just how optimized this game is for PC?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2krrz7/can_we_take_a_moment_to_appreciate_just_how/

Evidence?

I own both. And a Naruto fighting game. All 3 made by Bandai Namco. All 3 absolutely shite console ports.

Edit: Oh yeah, and they're re-releasing DS2 as a HD version. Instead of just giving everyone who bought it the upgrade, they're monetising it.

I own both. And a Naruto fighting game. All 3 made by Bandai Namco. All 3 absolutely shite console ports.

Edit: Oh yeah, and they're re-releasing DS2 as a HD version. Instead of just giving everyone who bought it the upgrade, they're monetising it.

So why is other people think Dark Souls 2 is a good port?

"Dark Souls II performed well and I had no crashes or any game-breaking bugs hinder my experience.

If you were hesitant about buying Dark Souls II after the less-than-stellar port of the first game, then you won't have anything to worry about this time." - Destructoid

Also BN is just the overseas (not Japan) publisher - it was not "made by" Bandai Namco:

"Dark Souls II was developed for by From Software, which also published the game in Japan, while Bandai Namco Games published the game in other regions."

The same reason people think LotRO is a good MMO.

Good point. Ok, you win. Clearly, it is a port, and some menus, etc. were designed for a controller. So that is a weak point.

I was surprised to read how many people said it is well optimized and will run well on older PCs (which sounds nothing like Lotro).

Good point. Ok, you win. Clearly, it is a port, and some menus, etc. were designed for a controller. So that is a weak point.

I was surprised to read how many people said it is well optimized and will run well on older PCs (which sounds nothing like Lotro).

There were also a lot who said that it was regularly crashing on both older and newer PCs, that it kept trying to throttle its performance on machines that could easily handle it and a few who said they couldn't even get it to launch. Supposedly an improvement to DS1, but not exactly the sort of selling point I like to hear.

Walking Dead Season 2 and Portal 2 both 75% off on Steam until Friday. Definitely a bargain.

A friend of mine bought this thinking it was both games, as STEAM lists it as the franchise rather than a specific season. When he purchased it though, he only got season 1 and not even the 400 days dlc. Just a word of warning for anyone else who misreads their store page. 

falseadvertising1_zpsfb9c086c.jpg

They could have avoided any misunderstanding simply by adding the word "sale" after "franchise" or the word "each" after the price. 

Humblbundles latest big bundle is a Star Wars bundle, pay what you want and choose how much of the money goes to charity and get:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Pay over $11.27 and also get

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Star Wars: Republic Commando

More to de added later

Pay over $12 and also get

Star Wars: Empire at War: Gold Pack

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Humblbundles latest big bundle is a Star Wars bundle, pay what you want and choose how much of the money goes to charity and get:

More to de added later

I never played TFU, and the metacritic scores are far from promising. Is EaW any good when viewed as an RTS (rather than as a SW Universe RTS)?

More to de added later

£8 for all of those games... sold. I loved Jedi Academy.

£8 for all of those games... sold. I loved Jedi Academy.

Yeah me too, I actually have most of them on a second steam account (it was my first but I forgot my security info so created a new one, then one day I just suddenly recalled my info and was able to log into the old account but by that time I had hundreds of games on the second account) but I'm going to get the whole pack just so I can have them on my main steam account and not have to f about switching accounts :)

Yeah me too, I actually have most of them on a second steam account (it was my first but I forgot my security info so created a new one, then one day I just suddenly recalled my info and was able to log into the old account but by that time I had hundreds of games on the second account) but I'm going to get the whole pack just so I can have them on my main steam account and not have to f about switching accounts :)

Cool story. I like Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast the best. Nothing beats playing Kyle Katarn.

More to de added later

That is all steam keys, right? No additional big DRM?

Dark Forces was kind of cool. But I doubt I can find my disks :)