LOTROCommunity

Spotted a bargain - post here

Laurinaohtar

I needed the Arma 2 stuff to play the mod anyway. The current standalone is still in Beta and suffering from a number of bugs that the mod doesn't have.

I needed the Arma 2 stuff to play the mod anyway. The current standalone is still in Beta and suffering from a number of bugs that the mod doesn't have.

Yeah it sounds in really bad shape. Very slow development and not that playable/fun right now due to bugs. But the DayZ mod is working well.

FYI - you need Arma II: Operation Arrowhead also to play the Day Z mod. So you have to get all the game for $6 not just the first set - in order to play Day Z.

• 2 weeks later...

New Humble Bundle is up

https://www.humblebundle.com/

It's a three tiered bundle this time.

Sid Meir Collection:

Civilization III Complete

Civilization IV Complete Edition

Ace Patrol

Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Rails Roads

for $8.18 or more

Civilization V

Civilization V: Gods and kings DLC

and for $15

Civilization V: Brave New World DLC

and the charity is Action Against hunger

New Humble Bundle is up

https://www.humblebundle.com/

It's a three tiered bundle this time.

Sid Meir Collection:

Civilization III Complete

Civilization IV Complete Edition

Ace Patrol

Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Rails Roads

for $8.18 or more

Civilization V

Civilization V: Gods and kings DLC

and for $15

Civilization V: Brave New World DLC

and the charity is Action Against hunger

Damn... bit too much for me to pay. I've gotten too used to buying half a dozen games for only £3.50.

• 2 weeks later...

New weekly humble bundle (The Adventure Company & Friends).

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Dead Reefs

Mystery Series: A Vampire Tale

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure

Aura: Fate of the Ages

Pay $6 or more to get

Dark Fall: The Journal

Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

The Book of Unwritten Tales: Digital Deluxe Edition

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition

Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

Deponia

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

Pay $15 or more and unlock

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief

New weekly humble bundle (The Adventure Company & Friends).

Dead Reefs

Mystery Series: A Vampire Tale

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure

Aura: Fate of the Ages

Dark Fall: The Journal

Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

The Book of Unwritten Tales: Digital Deluxe Edition

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition

Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

Deponia

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

Are any of these even worth playing?

GOG is giving away the original Dungeon Keeper for the next 40 odd hours and has DK2 for like a buck 50.

I got the free download and I've been playing original Dungeon Keeper. It's quite a fun game but I had forgotten the long periods of time you spend watching the imps mine gold while the rest of the creatures train. In the game design I find the actual creatures rather an odd collection too. It's a nice blast from the past though. Press ALT:A to double the resolution - that seems to be an undocumented feature!

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I actually quite like the actual Humble Bundle this week too -

For less than $5 you can get :-

Alpha Protocol

Company Of Hero's

Rome: Total War

Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Death rabbit

for $5 to $15 you can get these extra:-

The Typing of The Dead: Overkill

Binary Domain

Renegade Ops

Sega Genesis 10 Classic Games (Altered BeastComix ZoneCrack DownEcco the Dolphin,Gain GroundGolden AxeGolden Axe 2Golden Axe 3Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master and Vectorman)

Medievil II : Total War

and for $15 or more you get this extra:-

Total War: Shogun 2

Although now there is only 20 hours left to get this deal before a new weekly bundle is announced. 

I can vouch for all of those Total War titles if you like the wargame genre that mixes strategic turn based play with localized tactical RTS. The downside is it is a pain to set it up for modding, although modding is very rewarding and there are lots of mods out there. That being said, you might be able to snag the whole set as cheap or cheaper.

I just revisited Alpha Protocol, its a FPS with a lot of puzzles. There is a certain puzzle where I get stuck every time and QQ. I really want to like and play it but it just doesn't work for me.

Those are the only ones I have experience with, but the bundle seems pretty solid.

I can vouch for all of those Total War titles if you like the wargame genre that mixes strategic turn based play with localized tactical RTS. The downside is it is a pain to set it up for modding, although modding is very rewarding and there are lots of mods out there. That being said, you might be able to snag the whole set as cheap or cheaper.

I just revisited Alpha Protocol, its a FPS with a lot of puzzles. There is a certain puzzle where I get stuck every time and QQ. I really want to like and play it but it just doesn't work for me.

Those are the only ones I have experience with, but the bundle seems pretty solid.

That pretty much sums up my experience with those games too - I have Alpha Protocol on the xbox 360 and quite enjoyed it and i've always loved the look and general idea of the total war games. I figured that the bundle was worth it just for those alone.