LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Captain Build Advice

The issue is more that the relics are useless after Westenmet, maybe T10. Hitting Mordor and none of the player melded relics are any use. In Vales crafting of relics is back but has no link to the guilded relic crafting. Barter and raid item gated crafted relic. More forgotten tech and hacks.

Refinement is actually a fairly good way to earn IXP, as when you refine you get shards and occasionally an IXP rune.

Just be sure to set it to stack mode, and clear out your IXP runes periodically, or you'll end up with like 200 in your inventory.....

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything....

Edit:

After looking deeper into the relic system, I may as well just run 8 of https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Relic%3AInsignia_of_Commanding_Presence which would definitely make Moors amusing XD

IXP is not an issue. The blue pills drop like crazy. I was finishing up Vales last night, and had a quest to kill 10 deer, and ended up with 5 runes of varying amounts. I don't even look at the IXP amount any more, I just dump them into shared storage so the storage mule can pick them up in case I need them later.

4 minutes ago, Talisman said:

IXP is not an issue. The blue pills drop like crazy. I was finishing up Vales last night, and had a quest to kill 10 deer, and ended up with 5 runes of varying amounts. I did even look at the IXP amount any more, I just dump them into shared storage so the storage mule can pick them up in case I need them later.

I'm going to take the mindset of throwing out the longgame with SSG as (historically speaking) anything I've set aside for "I'm going to need it later" has ended up sitting in the vault until I threw it on the AH and I haven't missed it since.

That said, from refining the entire relic collection, I've pulled something like 200k shards, 10M IXP, and using what shards I had combined with what I got, I'm up 6 SoEs.  Thankfully SSG put in several sliders and other tools to help expedite the entire proccess, even though it's really the client doing a batch of transactions one after the other instead of all of this happening server side (which would make more sense).