LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

"Legendary" Mirkwood

Per Cord's stream yesterday, they are planning a down time next week. He did not come out and say it, but they will be releasing Siege of Mirkwood on the Legendary servers.

That area ought to last about two weeks while every place below it becomes a desert. It wouldn't surprise me if SSG merges Ithil and Anor then rolls out with another SoA progression server. Rinse and repeat, all the while those idiot touting how great the new servers are will again find their nostalgia hat. What better way to earn a living than laughing at idiots who are placed at the same entrance to run the same rat maze again and again.

Honestly though I think if SSG did do as I described above, all the idiots who ran from the ILI grind will be so pissed. It's likely half of them will come to some sense and see this charade for what it is. Cheap content for mindless fools.

Ever wonder what comes after the downward spiral? Watch and wait for the show. I'll be making popcorn. :Y

1 hour ago, Splay said:

That area ought to last about two weeks while every place below it becomes a desert. It wouldn't surprise me if SSG merges Ithil and Anor then rolls out with another SoA progression server. Rinse and repeat, all the while those idiot touting how great the new servers are will again find their nostalgia hat. What better way to earn a living than laughing at idiots who are placed at the same entrance to run the same rat maze again and again.

Honestly though I think if SSG did do as I described above, all the idiots who ran from the ILI grind will be so pissed. It's likely half of them will come to some sense and see this charade for what it is. Cheap content for mindless fools.

Ever wonder what comes after the downward spiral? Watch and wait for the show. I'll be making popcorn. :Y

So, is ITA going to come afterwards?

Are they also going to push Imbuement to the Legendary servers?  Otherwise, ILI grind is going to crush player spirit beneath it's oppressive mailed fist.

Maybe i'm just stupid,but i don't get the purpose of legendary servers .

As far as i followed the info about them from start they planned to add eventually most content available there too ( from " normal servers " ),so what's the point ?

So people can have vanilla feeling ? They could have that anyway anytime by starting a new character .

I was a VIP for last 6 months but didn't even bothered to visit there,seemed to me like a huge luxury resource wise while the main game is going more and more down .

6 hours ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

So people can have vanilla feeling ?

Pretty much, and it did sort of work for a bit. It's different from regular servers in that everyone has the same lower cap on content/items/regions, not just you or a couple of friends choosing to stick to low content. I started back up with LotRO in November when the Limited Servers started, enjoyed the nostalgia for a couple of months, then sat waiting for Moria for Jan and Feb. Then Moria kept me going through March, started to drag in April, and by May I was done with the game again. The lack of PvP to give an incentive to gearing up, the 4 month scrapping of everyone's LIs, and the new fucking about with the virtues has overwhelmed that vanilla feeling and now it's just the looming grind ahead.

You know like how if you're trying to pick a film to watch and you think "yeah, I'll put that one on", so you pick it up, but then the whole film flashes through your head quick and it puts you off? That's basically where those Limited Servers are at now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

Maybe i'm just stupid,but i don't get the purpose of legendary servers .

As far as i followed the info about them from start they planned to add eventually most content available there too ( from " normal servers " ),so what's the point ?

They worked for me for a while, I know where the game is now with those servers has probably run their course.  I took a long break and tried to come back with a few toons 85 to 90 and hitting that imbued LI wall was the end of it for me. I gave the LS a try and they were fun, with my sub just re-upped it looks like I will be headed to Mirkwood but cant say much for after that. Great River was the biggest disappointment at that time and it still will be today