Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Macdui101

Goss for Doro - The Arnor Scene

Recommended Posts

You expressed interest:

 

Too much time on their hand on a capped server.

Acorn Travel: but you can't make stacks, you have to make one and mail it off being unique. Who of thunk VIP mail would be used as an exploit? Enterprising if nothing else, but to actually obtain titles and rewards I'd have to question their senses.

 

Mac

Edit: You'll have likely just clicked on his youtube channel though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers, this makes so much more sense now. Amazing how much effort they put in to getting blatant exploit rewards, as if no one is going to notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,thank you for this .

Made me laugh because they banned me so many times because of troll reports ( in chat ) yet blatant exploiting will be ( mostly ) ignored,also the people who do this .. i mean putting your entire account at risk for what ? To be coolest crew in 21-st hall for couple days ... just facepalm .

On other hand maybe they are not in such risk anyway ... if Sherlock-Cordovan-Homes who thought that Mordor trailer is cool investigate this they have nothing to worry about .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to dislike exploiters and cheaters, but when it come to lotro I got to say I feel differently the grind is so massive in this game that I don't blame the cheaters anymore, it's natural reaction to the grind.

When so many system are being monetized and trying to get the players to use the store people will use shortcut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berry said:

I used to dislike exploiters and cheaters, but when it come to lotro I got to say I feel differently the grind is so massive in this game that I don't blame the cheaters anymore, it's natural reaction to the grind.

When so many system are being monetized and trying to get the players to use the store people will use shortcut.

Yeah, but this is something entirely different. They're not using a shortcut, they're using a time-machine to reach content they shouldn't be able to yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just you wait...  after Mirkwood dies off in about 2 weeks on the legacy servers...  because of these cheaters, SSG now has an excuse to reset everything back to SoA content!!!    :P

sarcasm aside, there would still be a contingent of folk who would lap that shit up.  🙄

even with the blatant evidence provided in the vid. bets on everyone with dirty hands skating on unscathed.  not like this has never happened multiple times before in other scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, berry said:

I used to dislike exploiters and cheaters, but when it come to lotro I got to say I feel differently the grind is so massive in this game that I don't blame the cheaters anymore, it's natural reaction to the grind.

When so many system are being monetized and trying to get the players to use the store people will use shortcut.

Bypassing grinds - either by cheating, or being a whale - makes them less likely to be addressed.

In any case, if the grind is too much, I'd much rather quit than cheat.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are probably going to be ignored because they are paying to play.... now if this happened on a free server.... bans would be incoming quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKickman said:

they are probably going to be ignored because they are paying to play.... now if this happened on a free server.... bans would be incoming quick

Definitely. Imagine them having to click ban and seeing over £100 a year disappear from what little revenue they already have, with the possibility of more losses if the rest of their shitty kin walks, too. They wouldn't have the balls to do it, which is why they never bothered to deal with the multi-boxing farmers either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bohemond said:

Bypassing grinds - either by cheating, or being a whale - makes them less likely to be addressed.

In any case, if the grind is too much, I'd much rather quit than cheat.

Quitting a game that you invested so many hours is not easy specially when you make friends so for some people it's really hard to leave this game behind.

I stopped playing few years ago, but the only reason I keeping login every now and then is to say hello.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, berry said:

Quitting a game that you invested so many hours is not easy specially when you make friends so for some people it's really hard to leave this game behind.

I stopped playing few years ago, but the only reason I keeping login every now and then is to say hello.

I completely understand that, as right now the only reason I'm playing again is to get through the content as I'm basically stuck in the sunk cost fallacy =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mxiio was in my kin, the guy is an OCD completionist. Not surprised to see him leading this charade

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, berry said:

Quitting a game that you invested so many hours is not easy specially when you make friends so for some people it's really hard to leave this game behind.

I stopped playing few years ago, but the only reason I keeping login every now and then is to say hello.

It was hard for me to walk away, but, I found some other games to invest time into quickly and am having much more fun playing those and discovering new titles I ignored whilst being a LOTRO addict.  Hell, I finally got GTA  5 and beat both Shadows of Mordor and Shadows of War at 100%.  Now im having a blast on MK 11 and the free games from Sony every month.  I log in for festivals here and there, but it actually pains me to log in.  I feel lied to and cheated as a customer and the forum ban was my last straw. So SSG can thank Cordoban and his army of minions for losing this paying customer and a few others that were banned that day as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKickman said:

It was hard for me to walk away, but, I found some other games to invest time into quickly and am having much more fun playing those and discovering new titles I ignored whilst being a LOTRO addict.  Hell, I finally got GTA  5 and beat both Shadows of Mordor and Shadows of War at 100%.  Now im having a blast on MK 11 and the free games from Sony every month.  I log in for festivals here and there, but it actually pains me to log in.  I feel lied to and cheated as a customer and the forum ban was my last straw. So SSG can thank Cordoban and his army of minions for losing this paying customer and a few others that were banned that day as well. 

My old potato laptop finally died last night, and I went out and got a new one this morning.  I'm currently downloading LOTRO only so that I can keep up the maintenance on my houses.  I have them all set up with decorations I earned from doing the epics and various festivals, and it's a nice reminder of all the years I spent enjoying the game.  I may log in and ride around to see how the 64-bit client performs on this machine, but I don't see myself ever seriously playing again.  I don't miss it at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, warspeech said:

My old potato laptop finally died last night, and I went out and got a new one this morning.  I'm currently downloading LOTRO only so that I can keep up the maintenance on my houses.  I have them all set up with decorations I earned from doing the epics and various festivals, and it's a nice reminder of all the years I spent enjoying the game.  I may log in and ride around to see how the 64-bit client performs on this machine, but I don't see myself ever seriously playing again.  I don't miss it at all.

that is where I am, in fact today I logged in and gave a kin mate half my gold and most of my FA symbols cause I aint using them so who cares.  The new client runs smoother but still has issues and the new virtue system screams store (even added a new virtue).  My previously maxxed out virtues are now only like hallfway done.  Seriously.  Its a joke. and a shell of its former self.  I sat in Arkenstone for about 20 mins and not a blip in world chat.  Bree was almost a ghost town.  So yeah, life moves on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheKickman said:

that is where I am, in fact today I logged in and gave a kin mate half my gold and most of my FA symbols cause I aint using them so who cares.  The new client runs smoother but still has issues and the new virtue system screams store (even added a new virtue).  My previously maxxed out virtues are now only like hallfway done.  Seriously.  Its a joke. and a shell of its former self.  I sat in Arkenstone for about 20 mins and not a blip in world chat.  Bree was almost a ghost town.  So yeah, life moves on.

I hear ya.  The great irony is that the OF used to actually be useful for seeking class advice, but given what I have seen as far as traffic goes, I highly doubt there's many there that have deep systems understanding to be able to provide good class advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, warspeech said:

My old potato laptop finally died last night, and I went out and got a new one this morning.  I'm currently downloading LOTRO only so that I can keep up the maintenance on my houses.  I have them all set up with decorations I earned from doing the epics and various festivals, and it's a nice reminder of all the years I spent enjoying the game.  I may log in and ride around to see how the 64-bit client performs on this machine, but I don't see myself ever seriously playing again.  I don't miss it at all.

The only reason I've been keeping logging on every couple months since I quit. As for the 64 bit client I've noticed virtually no performance increase whatsoever. I paid maintenance on Landy (gonna do on Crick but need to ask fr some gold from kinnies apparently), rode to Ost Guruth for old times' sake, parked back and quit (with the usual memory leak, force shutting down the new client process as I ever did the old one).

Been playing AC Unity (had been free for a week after the Notre Dame fire) and Witcher (too late!) when I get a chance. Made me realize how much I missed SP gaming since LOTRO gradually grew to be by sole game (with fleeting exceptions of M&B WB and EB2 for M2TW) through the years. I semi-accidentally joined a 4-man run in AC and it felt like the stale Sammy spam-runs a few years ago. Not again.

The latest added region is the first one I've not been to in the entire world of LOTRO. Next ones -if any- will pile up unvisited too. Took a peek at the OF and saw that they've begun to bullshit in earnest story-wise fucking up the lore beyond repair on their way as well (Radagast being responsible for Beornings and other shapeshifters, who had never been shapeshfters to begin with...) Hopeless attempt at catering to X-Men fans maybe? Shame on me for being a MoL fanboi for so many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×