LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

Google is in fact... EVIL!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/re9Xp6cdkro/

unfortunately, i do not know a way to get bitchute to play or load the vlog directly into the post...  but this is definitely worth a watch!

Google has skirted its actual obligations globally by avoiding taxes in many countries all the while continuing to extend its strangle hold.

it is time to pull Googles plug.

EDIT:  i wonder if vimoo will work?

aha victory!  :)

This is why I use the term leftist. It's this sort of shit. There are genuinely people in positions of power in large companies and media outlets that subscribe to this extreme left-wing, fascist mind-set of "everyone has to believe what I believe or else". Anything they don't like is hate speech and should be banned, with the people who say it being ostracised and having their lives ruined, but anything they do agree with is free speech and should never be challenged. The hypocrisy of it is insane.

Their issue with "fairness" is a perfect example of their need to try to shape reality to their agenda. They want to make sure everything is artificially tweaked so that outcomes are more in favour of their views, be it forced diversity, controlled information, or manufactured controversies. If it doesn't benefit their agenda, it needs to be smothered, and they'll feed biased data into their algorithms to do so. This is something happen across the board and in multiple forms, not just at Google with algorithms.

• Upvote 1

It's one of the reasons why I wish the US government would take strong action against Google.  Hopefully there's enough smart Republicans that can see this as an existential threat, and enough of them that are persuasive enough to convince the Democrats that it's only a matter of time before Google decides you're intrinsically unfair.

The great irony of this is that the people in question are clearly NOT native-born Americans... she sounds like she's from the UK - and you really need to keep this stupidity over there please  >=(

Here is her response rebuttal.

https://medium.com/@gennai.jen/this-is-not-how-i-expected-monday-to-go-e92771c7aa82

I can't see how this is news or even worthy of conversation. Anyone with some commonsense is well aware that everywhere we go, everything we do is constantly being manipulated to serve some purpose or goal.

It doesn't matter who wins any election these days, nor has it for well over 100 years. They all serve the same masters who have the same goals. Which are, to remain at the top of the food chain at all cost. Everyone and everything is expendable to this will. Those who CAN enforce their will GET what they want. Divide and conquer is still the best and most efficient way to maintain power over the masses.

Google is not the exception in the world of manipulation. Hardly at all. I'd place Microsoft at a higher station for being a facilitator of manipulation.

The woman claimed she was duped. Perhaps, but more by her big mouth than the deceptive intents of those who produced the interview. So, I see this non issue as a matter of deception to deceive people to say things admitting they take part in deceptions thrown at the masses. I can just hear Plato saying. "How does this matter?"

Of slightly related interest is this. A subjective publication on the human condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_Deus:_A_Brief_History_of_Tomorrow

Free audio version. https://www.audiobookx.com/video/821

9 minutes ago, Splay said:

Here is her response rebuttal.

https://medium.com/@gennai.jen/this-is-not-how-i-expected-monday-to-go-e92771c7aa82

I can't see how this is news or even worthy of conversation. Anyone with some commonsense is well aware that everywhere we go, everything we do is constantly being manipulated to serve some purpose or goal.

And it's our duty to stop the corporations that are trying to exert unwarranted influence across the US.  I can only hope that the US Congress can move fast enough to shut down Google before they prove they can shunt an election to the Democrats, because once that happens, the US is screwed, and it's up to the US citizens to make noise to ensure that happens.  I mean, AT&T was broken up when they were at the peak of their power, and it's time the same happened to Google as Google is abusing their technology to warp society and that needs to stop ASAP.

It doesn't matter who wins any election these days, nor has it for well over 100 years. They all serve the same masters who have the same goals. Which are, to remain at the top of the food chain at all cost. Everyone and everything is expendable to this will. Those who CAN enforce their will GET what they want. Divide and conquer is still the best and most efficient way to maintain power over the masses.

That's not always true, and that's also why term limits are necessary for congress, as that's the only way to destroy this faux-aristocracy that has arisen in the US.  We don't have blue-bloods for a damned good reason, as the only way to achieve anything remotely like that is to become successful in business, and then teach that to your children.  There's just as many success and failures at this, that the market is really good at taking care of the business dynasties. 

Google is not the exception in the world of manipulation. Hardly at all. I'd place Microsoft at a higher station for being a facilitator of manipulation.

Except Microsoft all Microsoft ever did was chase profits, and not try to warp society.  Perhaps Gates tried to make the world a better place, but if you're really going after Microsoft for trying to build a walled garden, you should be going after Apple too.  Google, on the other hand, decided that it should use 1984 as a design philosophy, then executed upon that.

The woman claimed she was duped. Perhaps, but more by her big mouth than the deceptive intents of those who produced the interview. So, I see this non issue as a matter of deception to deceive people to say things admitting they take part in deceptions thrown at the masses. I can just hear Plato saying. "How does this matter?"

She's trying to deflect because she knows she screwed up, and Google has been exposed - but the Project Veritas video is huge because (assuming any of the Republicans in Congress are awake), it should be enough proof to show even the most technologically incompetent of them what's truly going on.

58 minutes ago, Splay said:

I can just hear Plato saying. "How does this matter?"

Considering they control most media and social media, and clearly have an agenda they're willing to push, it matters quite a bit. All this outrage people have here in the UK about how the unwashed masses were duped into voting for Brexit, and yet we've got US companies doing much more to control the narrative for their desired outcome. It's the old saying made manifest: "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it."

And today from Congress..

Methinks it's time for the Senate to start fining Google for contempt of Congress.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And it's our duty to stop the corporations that are trying to exert unwarranted influence across the US.  I can only hope that the US Congress can move fast enough to shut down Google before they prove they can shunt an election to the Democrats, because once that happens, the US is screwed, and it's up to the US citizens to make noise to ensure that happens.  I mean, AT&T was broken up when they were at the peak of their power, and it's time the same happened to Google as Google is abusing their technology to warp society and that needs to stop ASAP.

That's not always true, and that's also why term limits are necessary for congress, as that's the only way to destroy this faux-aristocracy that has arisen in the US.  We don't have blue-bloods for a damned good reason, as the only way to achieve anything remotely like that is to become successful in business, and then teach that to your children.  There's just as many success and failures at this, that the market is really good at taking care of the business dynasties. 

Except Microsoft all Microsoft ever did was chase profits, and not try to warp society.  Perhaps Gates tried to make the world a better place, but if you're really going after Microsoft for trying to build a walled garden, you should be going after Apple too.  Google, on the other hand, decided that it should use 1984 as a design philosophy, then executed upon that.

She's trying to deflect because she knows she screwed up, and Google has been exposed - but the Project Veritas video is huge because (assuming any of the Republicans in Congress are awake), it should be enough proof to show even the most technologically incompetent of them what's truly going on.

I haven't figured out how to break up a quoted post as you have. Maybe, I'll work it out in future posting.

If a person think its their "Duty" to engage, interact, or exert their subjective view to prevail, some would say there is already a process but lol. Hows that working out? Playing wackamole for whatever dregs are found at the bottom of the barrel that somehow managed to float to the surface is a never ending endeavor. Calling "Duty" to the forefront? Place it where it matters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood  Bring this to the forefront and be prepared to take a dirtnap. Nonetheless it is the heart, motivation and utility relied upon for the powers that be and they'll be damned if they let anyone reverse the rulings.

No elected level of government official is without a back room bargaining table, where everything is on the chopping block, to preserve any motion and often to the point of nearly having no substance by the time any proposal hits the floor for a vote or a ballot. Term limits have almost no bearing on this fact. Big business is willing to deal with anyone who will further their goals no matter how many years they remain in office. I had expected that Trump would have been assassinated in his first 90 days because he is just too fucked up in the head to reasonably lead a nation. I don't mean his political view. I mean he is damaged goods and doesn't represent my America with tact and intellect. There is no exception to the rule as far as Presidents go. They do what they are told or they end up dead or mentally incapacitated. Think about this and you'll realize what I say is true.

The moment Bill Gates went in front of congress to defend his source code, Microsoft became a government entity. So yes, once MS was built with honest integrity by its founders hoping to strike it rich and possibly make a positive difference in this world. This is no longer the case and many companies including Apple and 100s of others can also be included pushing the same wheel barrow carrying loads of cash to their investors at the cost paid by the citizens of their respective nations.

Without turning this into a sexist platform for later rebuke. It suffices to say, any dumbass who goes into an agreed interview in a public place, without doing some pre-investigation of who the interviewers are, deserves to get eaten by sharks. Its easy to see she has had a few drinks. Its easy to see she wants attention to some degree in some fashion. Poor choices were made all around. Speaking about non-public intended issues to virtually the public is just plain stupid. It brings meaning to the saying. "Dance like as if no one is watching."

Google has been exposed? Ha Ha Ha! Does that mean every other company manipulating the the worlds people get a reprieve? Nah! They all need to go down and the place to start isn't with some dumb cunt who got tricked. If you want to change the present day and the near future you need to place the priority and focus where it matters. Anything else is just complaining.

As an aside. I doubt our nation or our world would have been greatly changed for the positive no matter who would have won the last election, and for the matter, the next election too. The whole scheme is just too polluted and its only function is self preservation regardless which part of the spectrum reside on the throne.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Considering they control most media and social media, and clearly have an agenda they're willing to push, it matters quite a bit. All this outrage people have here in the UK about how the unwashed masses were duped into voting for Brexit, and yet we've got US companies doing much more to control the narrative for their desired outcome. It's the old saying made manifest: "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it."

One of the things that pump up the excitement of today's people is the instant notice of events. 40 years ago this wouldn't have been even a footnote on the back paper of any major news publication. 100 years ago no one would have ever known at all. So is it the fact that people don't have the ability to censor what they are exposed to today that causes them to act and react? I guess what I am saying is, it seems today people feel the need to know every thing all the time even if its just sludge flowing along into the sewer. To me most of the issues people get all worked up over are just background noise.

Think about this for a moment. People play a MMO, while watching net flix or news, at the same time have their smart phone in arms reach waiting for a call or text. Essentially they place themselves in their own echo chamber feeding and festering on all the incoming sensory input they enabled themselves. Over time the person becomes used to the level of self created stress and when they are without they feel restless. Feeling they are missing out on something. Social media knows this all too well and they pump out trash, moment after moment trying to figure out a way to increasingly create shock, allowing the stress threshold to continue to increase.

Here is a thought.

There is no reason to repeat a lie if no one listens to it.

I've long relieved myself of these burdens. These stresses other's fester and swirl around have no sway upon me. Care factor means a lot.

8 hours ago, Splay said:

One of the things that pump up the excitement of today's people is the instant notice of events. 40 years ago this wouldn't have been even a footnote on the back paper of any major news publication. 100 years ago no one would have ever known at all. So is it the fact that people don't have the ability to censor what they are exposed to today that causes them to act and react? I guess what I am saying is, it seems today people feel the need to know every thing all the time even if its just sludge flowing along into the sewer. To me most of the issues people get all worked up over are just background noise.

Think about this for a moment. People play a MMO, while watching net flix or news, at the same time have their smart phone in arms reach waiting for a call or text. Essentially they place themselves in their own echo chamber feeding and festering on all the incoming sensory input they enabled themselves. Over time the person becomes used to the level of self created stress and when they are without they feel restless. Feeling they are missing out on something. Social media knows this all too well and they pump out trash, moment after moment trying to figure out a way to increasingly create shock, allowing the stress threshold to continue to increase.

Here is a thought.

There is no reason to repeat a lie if no one listens to it.

I've long relieved myself of these burdens. These stresses other's fester and swirl around have no sway upon me. Care factor means a lot.

This particular video isn't the first time Google's internal bias has been shown, though, it's just one in a long list. And even Google itself isn't the entire issue, it's one part of a much larger cultural/societal issue that's spreading, they just happen to be one of the big, powerful companies that influence the wider public on a huge scale. You're looking at a raindrop and dismissing the storm.

If you're trying to say it's us in the echo chamber, and that we're doing nothing but creating our own issues, you are you're completely off base.

The problem is lots of people do listen to it, and those people have a massive impact on your life because that's how democracies "work". You could ignore it. You could say it doesn't matter. Yet the world around you isn't ignoring it and it does matter to them. It's the only reason I still give a shit, because if none of it actually impacted me I sure as hell wouldn't care, either.

• Upvote 1

Show me the full, unedited video.  Otherwise, not buying it.  In fact, the video itself almost comes across like a parody.  

/shrug.

3 hours ago, Doro said:

This particular video isn't the first time Google's internal bias has been shown, though, it's just one in a long list. And even Google itself isn't the entire issue, it's one part of a much larger cultural/societal issue that's spreading, they just happen to be one of the big, powerful companies that influence the wider public on a huge scale. You're looking at a raindrop and dismissing the storm.

If you're trying to say it's us in the echo chamber, and that we're doing nothing but creating our own issues, you are you're completely off base.

The problem is lots of people do listen to it, and those people have a massive impact on your life because that's how democracies "work". You could ignore it. You could say it doesn't matter. Yet the world around you isn't ignoring it and it does matter to them. It's the only reason I still give a shit, because if none of it actually impacted me I sure as hell wouldn't care, either.

I have no doubt more moments of exposure showing proof of bias will occur. I don't disagree how the evolution of data/information collection has led to a culture of power manipulation. I've watched this throughout my life as the technology age grows. Do I have concerns? You bet I do. Do I let it determine my mindset on any given day? Nope, its just background noise.

I'm not suggesting the individual creates their own echo chamber. It is already there and how it gets filled up is the reason why it can be manipulated so easily. The real world issues are already there and will continue to be. It's how it is being presented in an immediate, "right now" without the past's (Time before instant information) cognitive assimilation's. The media has changed the input, output cycle in a way that denies the consumer to provide themselves with more than the reptilian reaction of fight or flight. Compounded by this is the instant feedback loop created by today's technology, where soon as something occurs a person can enter into discourse with many people oft times before anyone has really taken the time to use critical thinking. The media loves this. They rely on it and anyone with the power to control media can and do sway opinions all the time to a high degree.

Democracies work? When? When an issue reaches critical mass and politicians feel the guillotine is being brought out? Democracies work? When thousands and millions gather together in every city to protest within that very democracy? No

Democracies work when each person has a vote and each vote counts. (Not being manipulated. IE: Electronic voting machines or by electoral votes.)

[For those not in the US: Electoral votes are basically collective proxy votes placed by each state during national elections to represent that state's vote to the Electoral College. In some states the Electoral vote can be placed in total disregard to that states constituency without repercussion to the person delegated to give the vote to the Electoral College. One person can at any given election determine the out come. So much for the US Preamble, Constitution, Amendments and all its value is for not and can potentially be undermined by one individual.]

Democracies work when people can discuss issues with civil discourse providing evidence for or against a proposal using cognition and critical thought. (Not being manipulated by media and sending its citizens into a frenzy of fight or flight.)

Democracies work when they can change and adapt to new or evolving situations by yielding to the wishes of their citizens through meaningful discussions. (Not being duped by double speak having people vote in favor of something to find out later they voted the opposite way of their wish and intent)

The ideology of Democracy is long broken and what we have today is not a Democracy anywhere people think they live in a free society which is governed by the people for the people. Nope it's governed by some people for some people and its biggest tool for surviving and manipulation is the technology we use to today, which ironically is what could be giving us all more freedom. Instead it straps us all to a treadmill where we have very little control of the travel speed or direction.

Obviously, lots of people do listen and they do care and have concern about how they are governed. It does matter and "should" matter to everyone. When a democracy works.

2 hours ago, Splay said:

I have no doubt more moments of exposure showing proof of bias will occur. I don't disagree how the evolution of data/information collection has led to a culture of power manipulation. I've watched this throughout my life as the technology age grows. Do I have concerns? You bet I do. Do I let it determine my mindset on any given day? Nope, its just background noise.

I don't think anyone here is letting it determine their daily mindset, though.

I'm not suggesting the individual creates their own echo chamber. It is already there and how it gets filled up is the reason why it can be manipulated so easily. The real world issues are already there and will continue to be. It's how it is being presented in an immediate, "right now" without the past's (Time before instant information) cognitive assimilation's. The media has changed the input, output cycle in a way that denies the consumer to provide themselves with more than the reptilian reaction of fight or flight. Compounded by this is the instant feedback loop created by today's technology, where soon as something occurs a person can enter into discourse with many people oft times before anyone has really taken the time to use critical thinking. The media loves this. They rely on it and anyone with the power to control media can and do sway opinions all the time to a high degree.

But you are suggesting that this thread is the result of being caught in an echo chamber, correct? That somehow either being aware of or discussing this sort of thing is solely reinforcing an echo chamber?

Democracies work? When? When an issue reaches critical mass and politicians feel the guillotine is being brought out? Democracies work? When thousands and millions gather together in every city to protest within that very democracy? No

Democracies work when each person has a vote and each vote counts. (Not being manipulated. IE: Electronic voting machines or by electoral votes.)

[For those not in the US: Electoral votes are basically collective proxy votes placed by each state during national elections to represent that state's vote to the Electoral College. In some states the Electoral vote can be placed in total disregard to that states constituency without repercussion to the person delegated to give the vote to the Electoral College. One person can at any given election determine the out come. So much for the US Preamble, Constitution, Amendments and all its value is for not and can potentially be undermined by one individual.]

Democracies work when people can discuss issues with civil discourse providing evidence for or against a proposal using cognition and critical thought. (Not being manipulated by media and sending its citizens into a frenzy of fight or flight.)

Democracies work when they can change and adapt to new or evolving situations by yielding to the wishes of their citizens through meaningful discussions. (Not being duped by double speak having people vote in favor of something to find out later they voted the opposite way of their wish and intent)

The ideology of Democracy is long broken and what we have today is not a Democracy anywhere people think they live in a free society which is governed by the people for the people. Nope it's governed by some people for some people and its biggest tool for surviving and manipulation is the technology we use to today, which ironically is what could be giving us all more freedom. Instead it straps us all to a treadmill where we have very little control of the travel speed or direction.

Obviously, lots of people do listen and they do care and have concern about how they are governed. It does matter and "should" matter to everyone. When a democracy works.

I put work in quotes because I don't think democracy does particularly work. It's founded on the idea that humans are equal in all aspects, and I've found that to not be true. But it's what we've got, and you agree that it "works" when people aren't being manipulated. The issue here is that there are companies that ARE manipulating people. They're manipulating the discourse, the exposure, the outcome.

22 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The great irony of this is that the people in question are clearly NOT native-born Americans... she sounds like she's from the UK - and you really need to keep this stupidity over there please  >=(

Ireland, Dublin.  and it did not go unnoticed.

17 hours ago, Splay said:

I haven't figured out how to break up a quoted post as you have. Maybe, I'll work it out in future posting.

you can either use the multi-quote feature, which is messy to manage...  or just highlight the text you want to use and mouse back over the highlight and a quote selection will appear, click it and it will add quoted text to your response.  can do it multiple times as needed.  ;)

21 hours ago, Splay said:

oh ^^^this^^^ is a gem....

I accepted an invitation to meet with a few people who claimed to be from “2 Step Tech Solutions”. They said they wanted to chat to me about a mentoring program for young women of color in tech, an area I’ve long been passionate about.

yes, they absolutely baited Jen Gennai with the perfect fish hook that had her biting.  had they not played the "Ally Card" and instead said they were looking to find out if conservatives are being censored & suppressed via AI being fed to reflect a bias, Jen either would not have shown up, or if she did, she would not have been so candid.

that was the whole point, to get her get her to talk like she would to someone she considers and "Ally."  to be honest and candid.  & that is exactly what happened.

The video then goes on to stitch together a series of debunked conspiracy theories about our search results

and yet Jen fails to provide a single link to any proof of actual debunking, let alone conclusive proof.

i just typed into google search, "men can " and got back these exact auto-complete results:

- men can get pregnant

- men can have babies

- men can have babies now

- men can have periods

- men can cook

- men can think about nothing

Jens debunking claim falls flat on its face.  the claims in the video are reality for search function, it no longer auto completes based of most popular or top searches.  not one thing has actually been debunked, regardless of her empty claim.  so excuse me Jen if i don't take your word for it..

despite what the video may have you believe, I’m not involved in any of these products

oh Jen you you lie so poorly.  Jen Gennai is the lead of "Responsible Innovation" @google and before that position, she did, as she herself claims head up, "Trust & Safety"  she is involved, which is why she can glibly say things like this:

I was explaining how Google’s Trust and Safety team (a team I used to work on) is working to help prevent the types of online foreign interference that happened in 2016.

and yet Jen Gennai repeatedly stated many times, "the Trump Situation" rather than stating foreign interference.

which it should be pointed out was "facebook groups" created to sow divisions, IE: black lives matter.  or in the case of google, user data, that ended up in the hands of firms that paid for that data, "Cambridge Analytica" being one of many, MANY such firms.

& there is that whole issue with what does google do with all that user data, or who has access to it & at what cost?   ...   https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/google-sells-future-powered-your-personal-data-n870501   ...

but Jen just misspoke, stating, "the Trump Situation"...    repeatedly.  so no i don't believe for one second she meant foreign interference.  nothing she said indicated the actual interference that took place.  Jen was very candid and honest, because she believed she was speaking with "allies."

it is no surprise Jen leads her post with this crap:

I had received an enormous collection of threatening calls, voicemails, text messages and emails, from people I’d never met.

Someone wrote “Your ideology will be shredded to pieces, just moments before you got executed for treason…you are living lended time, enjoy till then”. There were plenty more threats like this. I’ve never been so fearful.

... yes yes, feel sorry for me because what i am about to say won't be very convincing, so i need you to know i am scared and would like your sympathy instead of having to labor with convincing you i was not in fact being candid and honest to people who i thought were allies...

fuck off with that bullshit!

the only danger Jen faces, is having to deal with people en mass knowing what she is actually doing at google, with full company consent.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

This particular video isn't the first time Google's internal bias has been shown, though, it's just one in a long list.

indeed.  there have been company leaks from actual employees...  of internal memo's.  actual company conferences.  the actual executive spewing pretty much the same stuff Jen Gennai candidly talks about in the undercover video.

Full Video here.

• Upvote 1

I figured out a quick way to cut quotes, by the way. In the quote in your reply, select where you want to break it, then double tap enter, it should cut it.

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

I figured out a quick way to cut quotes, by the way. In the quote in your reply, select where you want to break it, then double tap enter, it should cut it.

now if i could only find a way to cleanly link to a video on a twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1143513128191320065/video/1

maybe that will do it?  if yes, ima edit the previous...   again.  fighting with it trying to get a clean link to actual video of Jen speaking.  🤬

6 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

now if i could only find a way to cleanly link to a video on a twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1143513128191320065/video/1

maybe that will do it?  if yes, ima edit the previous...   again.  fighting with it trying to get a clean link to actual video of Jen speaking.  🤬

The previous one is showing as an embedded video to me, but this one is just a link.

Edit: oops, no, looks like it's gone again.

41 minutes ago, Doro said:

The previous one is showing as an embedded video to me, but this one is just a link.

hmm...  might need to check my firefox settings as the embedded twitter displayed for me breaks the video & the actual twitter user text displays... oddly.

41 minutes ago, Doro said:

Edit: oops, no, looks like it's gone again. 

yeah i have tried a few things now, including looking at my settings...  think i'll just leave it as is, as i can't seem to get it to embed the actual video.  it may even be a forum memory setting messing with how it displays.  regardless, i can't seem to fix...  giving it up for now.

18 hours ago, Splay said:

The moment Bill Gates went in front of congress to defend his source code, Microsoft became a government entity. So yes, once MS was built with honest integrity by its founders hoping to strike it rich and possibly make a positive difference in this world. This is no longer the case and many companies including Apple and 100s of others can also be included pushing the same wheel barrow carrying loads of cash to their investors at the cost paid by the citizens of their respective nations.

This is 100% tin foil hattery nonsense.  I expected something smarter out of you.

While Microsoft does accept contracts from various governments across the world, they don't get carte blanche like you're suggesting.

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

This is 100% tin foil hattery nonsense.  I expected something smarter out of you.

While Microsoft does accept contracts from various governments across the world, they don't get carte blanche like you're suggesting.

If my memory serves correct, you work or did work on the Redmond campus that is Microsoft.  A campus barely in its existence at the time of the Congressional hearings where Bill Gates sat in the hot seat. I watched all of them. Did you?

I'll tell it true. I smiled reading, "100% tin foil hattery nonsense". However, my personal reaction matters not to the fact a person cannot offer an unbiased comment due to their alignment. Nor can said person who aligns them self with the subject in question. Nor can they offer proof of professed "tin foil hattery" without referring to the very same media they denounce as being manipulated and biased. Because well, It is manipulated and biased by its conveyance and intent.

So this is the point, where I might posit, If you didn't watch the hearings in real time and didn't know the events leading up to the hearings without knowing the introspective soul of the matter, then you might be inclined to honestly conclude, I do indeed wear a tinfoil hat.

But you will be ignoring the biggest truth. Bill Gates fought to keep his source code out of the hands of the NSA. He lost.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

If my memory serves correct, you work or did work on the Redmond campus that is Microsoft.  A campus barely in its existence at the time of the Congressional hearings where Bill Gates sat in the hot seat. I watched all of them. Did you?

I was in high school at the time, so the answer is "no" because I was... well... in high school.

Besides, if you're going to take information that's about 20 years old and try to apply it to Microsoft, you have no idea how fast the culture in that company changed once Satya became CEO (which means you're basing the information off of the first CEO, not the third and current one).  For those that don't know, the following is true of Microsoft during the Gates and Balmer CEO tenures:

manu_corp_struc.jpg?w=651&ssl=1

It's not true of Satya because Satya has worked long and hard to stop the tribalism that Microsoft was so known for, and for his effort, he's largely succeeded.

I mean, as weird as this is to say, information about the internal workings that's only five years old is out of date.

However, you clearly know more about Microsoft than I do, so I'll gladly take the word of a fossil over my first hand experience.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

I'll tell it true. I smiled reading, "100% tin foil hattery nonsense". However, my personal reaction matters not to the fact a person cannot offer an unbiased comment due to their alignment. Nor can said person who aligns them self with the subject in question. Nor can they offer proof of professed "tin foil hattery" without referring to the very same media they denounce as being manipulated and biased. Because well, It is manipulated and biased by its conveyance and intent.

Have you ever worked for Microsoft?

Do you know what the (internal) Microsoft procedures are around the US government?

If the answer to the above two are "no", then you are a fool talking out of your ass.  And as that's internal company policy (and thus under NDA), I will not disclose them on this forum.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, Almagnus1 said:

And today from Congress..

Methinks it's time for the Senate to start fining Google for contempt of Congress.

Fact:  Google employees did donate to Trump's Presidential campaign (according to the FEC website)--around 22K  (Cruz is called "lying Ted" for a reason).  Yes, there was more contributions ($$) towards Hillary, but there were also more people who voted for Hillary.  Imagine that.

Fact:  During the 2016 and 2018 elections, Google (as a company) donated more money to Republicans than they did Democrats.  Of course, that doesn't fit the right-wing narrative currently on display, but it's 2019 and actual facts don't seem to matter.

/shrug.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Fact:  During the 2016 and 2018 elections, Google (as a company) donated more money to Republicans than they did Democrats.  Of course, that doesn't fit the right-wing narrative currently on display, but it's 2019 and actual facts don't seem to matter.

Ignoring, of course, the employee donations to political parties. When Google's PAC in 2016 is going at most $150k more towards Republicans, but their staff are making up the deficit with about $5.5 million more to Democrats, it's fairly clear which direction the company leans.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.php?cmte=C00428623&cycle=2016

Tech political donations 16

Tech political donations 04â08

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-apple-amazon-netflix-google-political-donations-graph-2018-11?r=US&IR=T

Edit: I think the first link is to Federal candidates only, but this one might be for Presidential shit, where there's only a $10k difference in donations, in favour of Republicans. For a website that's called Open Secrets, I'm finding them difficult to figure out.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pac2pac.php?cycle=2016&cmte=C00428623

45 minutes ago, Doro said:

...it's fairly clear which direction the company leans.

No, it just means that the staff working at a company may lean more in one direction--again, I'm not seeing any actual proof that this sort of bias (as a matter of policy, dictated by higher management) is actually occurring.  For example, when I decide to go to the dark side and look at some right-wing conspiracy nut videos on Youtube (owned by Google), I don't see a rash of left-wing videos popping up as suggestions the next day to "sway my opinion back to the left", I actually see more right-wing style videos from other sources suggested for me.

So, I'm not buying it and Ted Cruz grilling some Google employee and outright lying about shit just to try and catch her out isn't helping the case that any of this is legit.

2 minutes ago, Papi said:

No, it just means that the staff working at a company may lean more in one direction--again, I'm not seeing any actual proof that this sort of bias (as a matter of policy, dictated by higher management) is actually occurring.  For example, when I decide to go to the dark side and look at some right-wing conspiracy nut videos on Youtube (owned by Google), I don't see a rash of left-wing videos popping up as suggestions the next day to "sway my opinion back to the left", I actually see more right-wing style videos from other sources suggested for me.

So, I'm not buying it and Ted Cruz grilling some Google employee and outright lying about shit just to try and catch her out isn't helping the case that any of this is legit.

Ok.