LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

Google is in fact... EVIL!

On 6/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, LasraelLarson said:

aha victory!  :)

Unfortunately, it looks like your efforts were wasted. Vimeo is banning the video whenever it pops up. YouTube is doing the same.

Saw this on Shitter.

I've not seen the stuff from day 2 or 3 yet.

Edit: some stuff about day 2: https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/06/26/rep-crenshaw-grills-google-executive-over-leaked-email-published-by-veritas/

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I was in high school at the time, so the answer is "no" because I was... well... in high school.

Besides, if you're going to take information that's about 20 years old and try to apply it to Microsoft, you have no idea how fast the culture in that company changed once Satya became CEO (which means you're basing the information off of the first CEO, not the third and current one).  For those that don't know, the following is true of Microsoft during the Gates and Balmer CEO tenures:

manu_corp_struc.jpg?w=651&ssl=1

It's not true of Satya because Satya has worked long and hard to stop the tribalism that Microsoft was so known for, and for his effort, he's largely succeeded.

I mean, as weird as this is to say, information about the internal workings that's only five years old is out of date.

However, you clearly know more about Microsoft than I do, so I'll gladly take the word of a fossil over my first hand experience.

Have you ever worked for Microsoft?

Do you know what the (internal) Microsoft procedures are around the US government?

If the answer to the above two are "no", then you are a fool talking out of your ass.  And as that's internal company policy (and thus under NDA), I will not disclose them on this forum.

Wait a second! You are implying something that has happened in the past has not only had no effect from that day forward nor has it as of today? Time is the measurement of one moment to the next. No matter what the equation is referring to. Time is linear. No way around this fact.

Why do I need to know whats happens in Microsoft today? Answer: I don't. My statement recalls a moment in the past which still has a wide influence today.

Why do I need to know how the culture has changed from then to today? Answer: I don't. It has no relevant detail that can change the past which still has a wide influence today?

No, I never claimed to know the inner workings of Microsoft. How ever that doesn't change a particular past, which I experienced first hand and you didn't.

Have I ever worked for Microsoft? My answer: No and nor would I ever for any amount of money or perks. This fossil has scruples.

Today, Windows 10. The most invasive OS ever created. The most connected OS ever created. It may have some advantages of this for the user but they are far outweighed by the intrinsic nature of the invasive aspect. Most of what is filed to send out isn't for a feedback loop. Data is value and today's world places a high priority on collecting as much as possible in every way imaginable. This includes governments, big business and the average scum bag who send you automated calls/texts and emails. All enabled by who? Err umm, we all know this answer.

Not only is the NSA in Widows 10, They have employees working at Microsoft at high levels. It is in their interest to do so and there by extension the US government. I highly doubt anything moves up or down the chain in the area of security without them knowing it, endorsing it, deny it or amending it to further their goals. Thus it is a logical conclusion the government to an extent owns Microsoft. Perhaps true they don't reap any financial gain directly but nor do they actually claim any tangible ownership as well.

Google is a piece of shit because of what they are. Saying this does not and cannot exclude any other entity which resides in the same area of the consumer's world. It is a well known fact, fortified every day by the experiences of the average person who consumes technology products.

I can't condemn Google for doing what they do anymore than I can for any other company that does the same things including Microsoft.

I've never bashed the opposing Football team because they are my opponent, my rival, my adversary just because I can. How about you?

2 minutes ago, Splay said:

39 minutes ago, Splay said:

Wait a second! You are implying something that has happened in the past has not only had no effect from that day forward nor has it as of today? Time is the measurement of one moment to the next. No matter what the equation is referring to. Time is linear. No way around this fact.

Why do I need to know whats happens in Microsoft today? Answer: I don't. My statement recalls a moment in the past which still has a wide influence today.

Why do I need to know how the culture has changed from then to today? Answer: I don't. It has no relevant detail that can change the past which still has a wide influence today?

No, I never claimed to know the inner workings of Microsoft. How ever that doesn't change a particular past, which I experienced first hand and you didn't.

Have I ever worked for Microsoft? My answer: No and nor would I ever for any amount of money or perks. This fossil has scruples.

Then it means you are talking out of your ass, and you have nothing relevant to add to this discussion other than a fossil's worthless opinion.

Today, Windows 10. The most invasive OS ever created. The most connected OS ever created. It may have some advantages of this for the user but they are far outweighed by the intrinsic nature of the invasive aspect. Most of what is filed to send out isn't for a feedback loop. Data is value and today's world places a high priority on collecting as much as possible in every way imaginable. This includes governments, big business and the average scum bag who send you automated calls/texts and emails. All enabled by who? Err umm, we all know this answer.

Yeah no.

All Microsoft did was point out a lot of the telemetry logging that's going on in Windows.  That's no different than the amount of telemetry a modern day car logs (or lets you log).  It's there purely for diagnostic purposes, while tin-foil hat wearing idiots like you think it's all about some NSA conspiracy theory.  I mean, my '18 WRX with an OBD2 port reader shows me a TON of telemetry with what the WRX is doing, and that's largely because the WRX has a metric asston of sensors in it, especially since that's necessary to do a high performance direct injected turbo.  Windows does the exact same thing, which makes figuring stuff out really easy if you know how to probably configure the logging for specific things.  Very little of this is actually being logged by default, and if it was you'd have Vista levels of performance (that's where 7's performance increase over Vista actually came from).  If you really want to go through this point by point (where you point to an actual part of Windows) so that I can prove you wrong, go for it.

That said, you've got your head shoved so far up your ass that it's gone around for a second pass, I doubt you'd believe anything I have to say.

Google is a piece of shit because of what they are. Saying this does not and cannot exclude any other entity which resides in the same area of the consumer's world. It is a well known fact, fortified every day by the experiences of the average person who consumes technology products.

On this we agree.

I can't condemn Google for doing what they do anymore than I can for any other company that does the same things including Microsoft.

And on this you have no idea what you're talking about.  What Google has done is orders of magnitude more evil than anything Microsoft ever did.

Microsoft has never attempted to alter how you think, nor shape society in anything other than producing what they think is the best product possible.  Given ChromeOS, Microsoft was actually waaaaay ahead of their time at the anti-trust hearings, as that's the direction Microsoft was going with their integration of IE into Windows (and yes, that integration was very deep as IE and Windows Explorer had become very intertwine for a smooth launch process to the web while also using some of the IE capabilities for what we see now as Windows Explorer - all of which is part of the Explorer shell which has been the Windows default shell since Win95).  If you're gonna throw stones at Microsoft, at least get your facts straight.

49 minutes ago, Splay said:

I've never bashed the opposing Football team because they are my opponent, my rival, my adversary just because I can. How about you?

Except in this case you are doing just that.

Well there we have it. Magnitudes of evil matter.

Btw I'm not the one playing in the Football game, I am a spectator watching the opposing teams continually pull cheap shots all the while they complain to the referee that the other team is cheating. The humor in it as a spectator is that those in the stands see it all and can form there own opinions on what is what. While those in the game do, must, and will constantly deny wrong doing. Its damn near as funny as watching Unicorns swatting hooves at each other while they turn their heads.

There is an emerging culture call Dataism. This is where everything and everyone is connected to the internet. There is a real possibility this new religion will take over, and yes religion is the right word. Invade every human life from birth to death. A world where no person has privacy, ever. A world where algorithms can know you and predict your thoughts to situations. Its basis is that all information is free. That anything you create once published somewhere it can be placed on the internet is free as well. It also establishes that no human can claim any right intellectually, financially, or morally once its lands onto a database. Though there are many paths our future can have. It is inevitable Dataism will be there and it is also a logical conclusion to have that, Dataism will change every thing people today know as expected or normal. In essence this ideology will not improve the daily lives of people, nor will it make them happier, yet it may happen anyway. To think people look at Cortana and Suri as a utility device to help you keep appointments and guide you through traffic and have no clue the real potential of invasiveness these programs represent. It just boggles my mind how stupid educated people are.

I myself, could not stand with pride knowing I would be part of its creation. A creation which will diminish the value of every living thing to algorithms. I like my privacy in every way possible and I couldn't give two fucks if your car has a constant feed sending telemetry to some place. Lastly, I am not alone in this thought. There are millions upon millions who if knowingly could make a choice would throw every nosey fucker out of their lives. This includes Techology companies, Governments. So when people discuss freedoms supposedly inherent in their government's constitution they literally mean in almost every case freedom to pursue those inalienable rights in pubic or private by their free choice.

Since we are making solid, sensible decisions with logic and free will, what does it matter if there are only magnitudes of evil and the most agregious are the only one's that matter?

Coda:

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Well there we have it. Magnitudes of evil matter.

Btw I'm not the one playing in the Football game, I am a spectator watching the opposing teams continually pull cheap shots all the while they complain to the referee that the other team is cheating. The humor in it as a spectator is that those in the stands see it all and can form there own opinions on what is what. While those in the game do, must, and will constantly deny wrong doing. Its damn near as funny as watching Unicorns swatting hooves at each other while they turn their heads.

There is an emerging culture call Dataism. This is where everything and everyone is connected to the internet. There is a real possibility this new religion will take over, and yes religion is the right word. Invade every human life from birth to death. A world where no person has privacy, ever. A world where algorithms can know you and predict your thoughts to situations. Its basis is that all information is free. That anything you create once published somewhere it can be placed on the internet is free as well. It also establishes that no human can claim any right intellectually, financially, or morally once its lands onto a database. Though there are many paths our future can have. It is inevitable Dataism will be there and it is also a logical conclusion to have that, Dataism will change every thing people today know as expected or normal. In essence this ideology will not improve the daily lives of people, nor will it make them happier, yet it may happen anyway. To think people look at Cortana and Suri as a utility device to help you keep appointments and guide you through traffic and have no clue the real potential of invasiveness these programs represent. It just boggles my mind how stupid educated people are.

I myself, could not stand with pride knowing I would be part of its creation. A creation which will diminish the value of every living thing to algorithms. I like my privacy in every way possible and I couldn't give two fucks if your car has a constant feed sending telemetry to some place. Lastly, I am not alone in this thought. There are millions upon millions who if knowingly could make a choice would throw every nosey fucker out of their lives. This includes Techology companies, Governments. So when people discuss freedoms supposedly inherent in their government's constitution they literally mean in almost every case freedom to pursue those inalienable rights in pubic or private by their free choice.

Since we are making solid, sensible decisions with logic and free will, what does it matter if there are only magnitudes of evil and the most agregious are the only one's that matter?

Coda:

tl;dr: I don't have a technical argument so I'll introduce some strawman about data-ism and assume that no one at Microsoft believes in the right to privacy because THEY'RE THE DEVIL!

Dude, if you have no freaking idea how any of this works, why don't you go learn about it instead of ignorantly bitching and moaning about how bad it must be?

Not only is Microsoft fully compliant to the EU's GDPR for the US market (which means every American has the right to be forgotten - something I fully agree to by the way)), and the only way any government (include the US's) is ever going to get data you entrusted to Microsoft is with a search warrant that legal agrees is legit.  Anything less and the government gets told to pound sand... and this data has been publicly available for years ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/corporate-responsibility/lerr )... yet somehow you think that whatever the US government asks it gets, because all the corporations and US government must be in cahoots, AMIRITE?

I mean, you have as much credibility with respect to your judgement of Microsoft as a 9-11 Truther, a Russia-gater, Alien believer, Flat Earther, or a Moon landing denier.  So either show concrete examples, or go get fucked.

9 hours ago, Doro said:

Unfortunately, it looks like your efforts were wasted. Vimeo is banning the video whenever it pops up. YouTube is doing the same.

ah well, vid still plays at Bitchute:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/re9Xp6cdkro/

8 hours ago, Splay said:

does Microsoft fall under Section 230 of the communications decency act to the same degree google would?  for Facebook and Twitter it is more clear cut.  but to varying degrees they all expose themselves:

regardless, to me it seems we are slipping ever closer to justifications like these:

Allum Bokhari:

Feel free to eat at a non-segregated restaurant.

Feel free to use a bus that lets you sit at the front.

Feel free to build your own water fountains.

it isn't just public platforms owned by private companies.  financial institutions are also stepping into the fray.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/credit-card-companies-cut-off-conservative-think-tank-hate

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2019/05/02/mastercard-vote-over-financially-blacklisting

where does this end if it goes unabated?

18 hours ago, Papi said:

Fact:  Google employees did donate to Trump's Presidential campaign (according to the FEC website)--around 22K  (Cruz is called "lying Ted" for a reason).  Yes, there was more contributions ($$) towards Hillary, but there were also more people who voted for Hillary.  Imagine that.

could you link to that specific information please.

5 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

regardless, to me it seems we are slipping ever closer to justifications like these:

it isn't just public platforms owned by private companies.  financial institutions are also stepping into the fray.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/credit-card-companies-cut-off-conservative-think-tank-hate

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2019/05/02/mastercard-vote-over-financially-blacklisting

Last time a political ideology was left to go to the extremes, we had a world war, and leftism gets to fascism just as easily as the far-right. But the pendulum always swings the other way eventually, and they're just fuelling a bigger swing. It's ironic that these fascists (and they're the extremes of the leftists, just as leftists are the extremes of the left-wing) are directly causing an increase in equally unwanted far-right sentiment in their bid to try to make everything far-left. People generally sit in the middle, and don't like having their beliefs mischaracterised and then demonised, and they especially don't like hypocrites trying to dictate what's acceptable. It's at the point now where there are people genuinely being labelled as Nazis with absolutely no query over it, when they've done nothing to warrant that at all. It's becoming white noise to throw about buzzwords like racist, misogynist, etc. to the point where they feel like they can casually dismiss and condemn people whenever they want.

In the vid with the pirate Republican guy tearing Google a new one, they made it so clear that's what's happening. Their internal references to people like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson being "Nazis" just because they don't like what they're saying shows the sort of culture they've got going over there. They say there's such a thing as "protected groups", people they've decided are more deserving of special treatment for nothing more than being a part of an arbitrary group Google considers to be important. No wonder that other fella got the boot when he sent that gender memo around; it didn't follow the leftist agenda, so he wasn't welcome.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Papi said:

thank you.

i can get those 59 results up to 92 by adding additional "related" "Trump" filters.

with those names publicly available, one wonders if it is in the current interest of Google Inc. to protect these named employees from political activism that saw James Damore terminated, or will it be sufficient justification if anyone feels threatened?

as with Jen Gennai, the regret seems solely about how the action is perceived with these people.

is donating to Trumps campaign also considered threatening?  there is certainly AMPLE evidence that many find it at the very least OFFENSIVE that Trump got elected (even DEEPLY offensive.)  how slippery is the offended slope to apply a threatening label?

as internally "IF" a premise upon which they operate is sufficient cause to establish a label:

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/06/25/breaking-new-google-document-leaked-describing-shapiro-prager-as-nazis-using-the-dogwhistles/

on_peterson-REDACTED.png

it would seem evident that Liam Hopkins (at Meredith's suggestion) would like to see some censoring algorithms applied to the suggestions feature, targeted at...

yeah no evidence of bias.  🤨

M(achine)L(earning) fairness, altered search functions, terminated employees...

shadow-banning & throttling (delisting, unsuggesting & otherwise hiding) & ultimately banning when the former does not succeed...

targeting narratives that don't fall in line (overwhelmingly conservative)...

it is all just a conspiracy theory.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

does Microsoft fall under Section 230 of the communications decency act to the same degree google would?  for Facebook and Twitter it is more clear cut.  but to varying degrees they all expose themselves:

I wouldn't be able to answer your question, seeing how I don't follow every minute detail of the exceptions provided by the US government for Tech companies. It would seem there is a possibility mainly because Microsoft has seen many subsidies provided to them over the last 35 years. Which may have included items such as Immunity from being sued for various reasons. I too would be interested in knowing this answer in relation to today's buzz about online censorship.

Politics is nasty business. I'd just as soon see the extremes of right and left nuke each other and leave sensible people remain. Perhaps one day in my life, I might see a 3rd party emerge from the center with moderate views prevailing. Until that happens I can't be arsed to give a fuck.

12 minutes ago, Splay said:

I wouldn't be able to answer your question...

fair enough.

i want everyone to see what i see, so you can't unsee it again.  ;)

watch Susan Wojcicki response and see the crowd in her frame, the two yes men nodding heads.  one even starts nodding before she speaks.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

now you all see how i see...   :P

and just so no one misconstrues this:

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

is donating to Trumps campaign also considered threatening?  there is certainly AMPLE evidence that many find it at the very least OFFENSIVE that Trump got elected (even DEEPLY offensive.)  how slippery is the offended slope to apply a threatening label?

is just me waxing hyperbolic...  lets have this embedded for record as well:

Section 230 only applies to a platform (which would only include Azure, Office 365, and Bing and maybe the Xbox platform - maybe a few other products), and Microsoft isn't doing the political discrimination like Google is.  The other thing is that the only monopoly Microsoft could be said to have these days is on Office software these days, especially since Android/iOS devices are so prevalent which significantly weakens the PCs market share, and there's also Linux which is a competitor in the server and embedded devices markets.  Aside from those markets, there's a lot of competitors in everything else Microsoft is doing, so it's not really in the same sort of position as the social media platforms.

The problem with Google, Facebook, and Twitter being idiots is that it might end up getting Microsoft dragged into the fight =/

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

is just me waxing hyperbolic...  lets have this embedded for record as well:

The mere fact the rhetoric in that video is this constant fear-mongering, separatist bollocks, because they know they're a bunch of leftists talking to a room of sympathists, shows how biased Google really is.

3 hours ago, Doro said:

The mere fact the rhetoric in that video is this constant fear-mongering, separatist bollocks, because they know they're a bunch of leftists talking to a room of sympathists, shows how biased Google really is.

Which also strengthens the argument that Google needs to be broken up.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Doro said:

well according to Ruth Porat, Googles Chief Financial officer:

"who any one of us voted for is really not the point; because the values that are held dear at this company transcend politics.  cause we are going to constantly fight to preserve them."

those "TRANSCENDENT Values" that google will fight to preserve...  come off reeking like a cult.  and the "insider" language deployed throughout the video, not only comes of as exceedingly arrogant, but the whole religiosity of values that transcend...  they actually believe they can't possibly be wrong.

like a modern day Amway imported a cargo cult & you pretty much have google.

it is no surprise any criticism of this...  Orthodoxy, honestly is the best word to describe googles values...  they have a religious zealotry when dealing with opposing views.  challenging viewpoints are not tolerated.  racist, misogynist, fascist, etc.  deploy any label necessary to anathematize anything that does not fall in line.

also...

the irony when Ruth, the CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER goes on to say this:

"we've said, we'd like to pay more tax.  we get criticism for taxes, but we are following all the rules as they are and you can't just wr...  send in a check.  and the question is reputationally, why can't you do more? and our answer and the answer of many people who have been thinking about this is, we need comprehensive tax reform... "

and yet examples like this still abound:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/2/16842876/google-double-irish-tax-loopholes-european-billions-ad-revenue

i wonder what search results will come up if i enter into google search:

"googles proposed plan for comprehensive tax reform?"

;)

On 6/28/2019 at 2:51 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Which also strengthens the argument that Google needs to be broken up.

oh the plug definitely needs to be pulled.  it will only get continually worse.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90369697/googles-new-recaptcha-has-a-dark-side

4 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

well according to Ruth Porat, Googles Chief Financial officer:

those "TRANSCENDENT Values" that google will fight to preserve...  come off reeking like a cult.  and the "insider" language deployed throughout the video, not only comes of as exceedingly arrogant, but the whole religiosity of values that transcend...  they actually believe they can't possibly be wrong.

like a modern day Amway imported a cargo cult & you pretty much have google.

it is no surprise any criticism of this...  Orthodoxy, honestly is the best word to describe googles values...  they have a religious zealotry when dealing with opposing views.  challenging viewpoints are not tolerated.  racist, misogynist, fascist, etc.  deploy any label necessary to anathematize anything that does not fall in line.

also...

For an extreme analogy, imagine a children's charity that's majority staffed by paedos brushing it off with "yeah but the company doesn't diddle kids" and expecting people to accept that.

The company is abstract, but it's still made up of leftists who turn all the cogs. They can try to claim their company "values" aren't anything to do with their personal ones, but they're already letting slip in every leaked memo that this is not the case, and someone had to lay down the values to start with so there's no way they picked a load of things they didn't agree with.

4 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

the irony when Ruth, the CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER goes on to say this:

and yet examples like this still abound:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/2/16842876/google-double-irish-tax-loopholes-european-billions-ad-revenue

i wonder what search results will come up if i enter into google search:

"googles proposed plan for comprehensive tax reform?"

;)

It's fucking ridiculous. "We'd just LOVE to pay more tax, but all these loopholes we exploit keep getting in the way, and the government just won't accept our money!"

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

Is there anything which Tech, Media companies do that is good? Of course "good" is subjective and the historical notion of good and evil may have taken a paradigm shift, while I was sleeping last night.

The question is equally philosophical as rhetorical, seeing how, I already know the answer.

37 minutes ago, Splay said:

Is there anything which Tech, Media companies do that is good? Of course "good" is subjective and the historical notion of good and evil may have taken a paradigm shift, while I was sleeping last night.

The question is equally philosophical as rhetorical, seeing how, I already know the answer. 

but Gupta, do you not trust the Brahmin caste

image.png.f2b803d691f4c7405c49c37d34d6ece1.png

to assign a social credit value for all humanity?

https://futurism.com/china-social-credit-system-rate-human-value

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/chinas-scary-social-credit-system-made-in-usa-by-google-facebook/

has it not worked soo well for India?

image.png.edf027d754e0572c270307508af779a0.pngimage.png.6fddf87d795aecc2ca8a428eda0c253c.pngimage.png.a08b512311dede9c4481f8e412554cc2.png

no thanx.

pull the plug!

break this company up NOW!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Let's see... help with analyzing data from medical research, which means that many of the data analytics tools used to do research that helps fight cancer and other diseases are from the tech sector...  Oh yeah, create the infrastructure for the internet, including the web servers and databases needed to run stuff like Wikipedia.  Improve communications by researching into faster and cheaper ways to get internet access everywhere including places like Africa.

Then again, to a luddite like you... I doubt any of these things are "good".

44 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

but Gupta, do you not trust the Brahmin caste

image.png.f2b803d691f4c7405c49c37d34d6ece1.png

to assign a social credit value for all humanity?

https://futurism.com/china-social-credit-system-rate-human-value

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/chinas-scary-social-credit-system-made-in-usa-by-google-facebook/

has it not worked soo well for India?

image.png.edf027d754e0572c270307508af779a0.pngimage.png.6fddf87d795aecc2ca8a428eda0c253c.pngimage.png.a08b512311dede9c4481f8e412554cc2.png

no thanx.

pull the plug!

India's social dynamics (and the same thing in China) is one of the reasons why I'm not too keen on the Western environmentalists as it's in both of those cultures to not give two shits about the environment, so you're conflating one aspect of that culture for other stuff.  That said, I think what we're seeing in Google and Facebook are a large result of importing so many Indians into the US... which is one of the main reasons why I'm not terribly keen on the US education system as if it was actually worth using, we wouldn't need to import as much high tech talent as we do.

8 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

image.png.6fddf87d795aecc2ca8a428eda0c253c.png

no thanx.

pull the plug!

Visual proof we live in a world of shit. Let's have technology cure cancer and all the other debilitating chronic diseases and ailments so they can live longer and shit more. We can have improved communications so we can isolate ourselves and only use smartphone technology to talk about how much more shit the world has compiled because it will give us meaning and a reason for living the happiest life possible.

I use technology everyday. Nary a person can go a day without using it, yet I don't need any of it. Can others say this? Idk and don't care for an answer, because its a personal choice. I, at times, wouldn't mind seeing the world go black for every connected device, just so I can watch people freak out. Suicides would be at an all time high, because people forgot their elective choice isn't a necessity. I guess their ignorance about importance and dependence might allow the accrual of shit to slow down for a moment.

People I find interesting, seem to have caught the interest of others. Maybe its because they have something worth saying.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612950/10-of-bill-gatess-favorite-books-about-technology/

Imagine that. Maybe sensible minds do think alike.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/03/bill-gates-names-the-5-best-books-he-read-in-2018.html

Take note of the book and author I linked on the first page of this thread.

7 hours ago, Splay said:

Visual proof we live in a world of shit. Let's have technology cure cancer and all the other debilitating chronic diseases and ailments so they can live longer and shit more.

Question: Is this human or animal poop?

I mean, it's not like there's fish taking a dump in our rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans or anything....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Question: Is this human or animal poop?

I mean, it's not like there's fish taking a dump in our rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans or anything....

it is neither.  someone clever made a meme, but left enough identifying info in the picture so other clever people could see the source:

image.png.b66e8fa29255b27d5ddbfee1a52c214f.png

it is 2004 Indian Tsunami ocean wave propagation data.

now that fake news cat is out of the bag...  the meme is based on reality.

and here is a graphic of the real street shitting data:

image.thumb.png.9025a64bc05adc1ed98bc7d1dc2e4b25.png

above is from this August 2017 article:

Nearly a Billion People Still Defecate Outdoors. Here’s Why.

and in 2019, it is still a huge issue:

so while the fecal concentration in oceans image is a meme, Indian street shitting is not ( btw, probably not a visual rabbit hole you want to spend much time going down.)

air quality in New Delhi, also not a meme.

air-pollution1-1543665281.jpg

so maybe if this Brahmin Caste

hqdefault.jpg

build a few more working toilets in his home country, instead of foistering a pseudo digital caste (social score) onto the world...

because somehow it is more important for diverse people who have lacked privilege to not have their ideas challenged, then... i dunno... Indian women to take a shit in some semblance of sanitary safety...  or Indian men for that matter, but there goes me rearing my misogynist head, i guess...

i might be a tad more inclined to take these Neo-Cultural Marxists seriously.  & there is go confusing Brahmin & Kohanim, i guess...  :P

regardless, a Tsunami disaster, can sometimes communicate an issue of street shitting, rather nicely.  that said, it is time to pull the plug on Google!

adding one critical tidbit...  just so it is abundantly clear...  my focusing in on Sundar Pichai as Brahmin Caste isn't so i can potentially enjoy another label, "Racist!"

rather, from this article:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/08/toilet-defecate-outdoors-stunting-sanitation/

What sets India apart, at least according to RICE, are rural Indians’ beliefs about purity, pollution, and caste.

For thousands of years Dalits—formerly known as Untouchables—have been forbidden from drinking at the same wells, worshipping at the same temples, or even wearing shoes in the presence of upper castes.

but as a white male asserting my privilege of freely speaking an opinion with backing data to form an argument...  somehow, pointing this out, disqualifies me.

if i did work at google, i wonder if i would get fired for perpetuating a harmful stereotype?

Easy to tell it wasn't a correct map of the oceans contamination by way of lack of sanitary means to dispose of human waste. As you stated its has a Noaa.gov tag at the top. Some segue narratives are too good to pass by. 😁

Also the largest world population along likely one of the largest rivers showed nothing highlighted. This being the Yangtze River in China. One among many others who have killed off any coral growth or other plant life off the coast of any large city near the ocean.

14 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

adding one critical tidbit...  just so it is abundantly clear...  my focusing in on Sundar Pichai as Brahmin Caste isn't so i can potentially enjoy another label, "Racist!"

rather, from this article:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/08/toilet-defecate-outdoors-stunting-sanitation/

but as a white male asserting my privilege of freely speaking an opinion with backing data to form an argument...  somehow, pointing this out, disqualifies me.

if i did work at google, i wonder if i would get fired for perpetuating a harmful stereotype?

Wouldn't this apply anywhere in today's world job market because of the #Feelingsmatter hysteria of today?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Splay said:

Wouldn't this apply anywhere in today's world job market because of the #Feelingsmatter hysteria of today?

absolutely, but in keeping with google... i am referencing language used in the James Damore situation.