LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

Apparently in the US... only feminists give a shit about Soccer?!

isn't it time the girls got equal pay?

according to these 20 - 30 people it is...

i wonder how much they paid to get those seats?

lets forget about the more popular  football, baseball, basketball &  hockey...

lets ignore attendance and revenues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_attendances_in_United_States_club_soccer#Women's_soccer

^those would be records from 2001 - present BTW.

lets not let economic factors determine the time frame, who needs the details of reality in this post-modern world anyway...   ???

it is time to force this issue!  resentments & negative sentiment be damned!  why should feminists have to show up in the 10's and 100's of thousands on a regular basis in order for wages to rise?!!!

GIBS!

i-want-it-now.gif

NOW!!!

i will also say this about toxic masculinity...

at least we know how to fucking chant!

many

many

many such cases!

I agree, there should be equal pay... so let's pay the women less. By fraction of the revenue generated by matches, women are vastly overpaid compared to men. Something like 20% of revenue generated goes to female players, while only 7% of revenue generated goes to male players. In their desperate bid to "equalise" pay, they've ignored entirely that women don't draw the same sort of attention, and so don't draw the same amount of money.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Doro said:

I agree, there should be equal pay... so let's pay the women less. By fraction of the revenue generated by matches, women are vastly overpaid compared to men. Something like 20% of revenue generated goes to female players, while only 7% of revenue generated goes to male players. In their desperate bid to "equalise" pay, they've ignored entirely that women don't draw the same sort of attention, and so don't draw the same amount of money.

but DORO!

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

but DORO!

I know, I know, my soggy knees!

21 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

i will also say this about toxic masculinity...

at least we know how to fucking chant!

many

many

many such cases!

I watched this at 6:30 am. Put on my headset and turned it up to 11. Walked out the door for work and said "Fuck Ya!" This world's got nothing if you can't go apeshit at a football game. Might be just the reason I need to take a vacation and head across the pond for a month or so. American sports seem a rather boring affair in comparison. The tribalism is magnitudes beyond insanity.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Splay said:

I watched this at 6:30 am. Put on my headset and turned it up to 11. Walked out the door for work and said "Fuck Ya!" This world's got nothing if you can't go apeshit at a football game. Might be just the reason I need to take a vacation and head across the pond for a month or so. American sports seem a rather boring affair in comparison. The tribalism is magnitudes beyond insanity.

It all depends on your sport, but part of the issue is that the US is just so freaking huge compared to something like the UK.  I mean, there are counties in Texas bigger than your entire country! (Ok, maybe not really, but you get the point)

Ah, a long known truth of life... feminism, with its varied guises of other 'liberal' -isms,  is but a social platform for histrionic tantrums, micro-aggressions, and macro-resentments, tailor made for, and by, borderline personalities on antisocial rampage because they weren't luvved enuf in their formative years or whatever. As ideology, it's entirely vacuous and as empty as their own suits, premised on tearing down others instead of building anything up - existing solely to give meaning and expression to their destructive urges. It's nothing else than a set of manipulative strategies of self-validation, re-coloring these pathologies as socially virtuous. Its doctrinal posturing of enlightened clarity attracts the weak and insecure eager to up their social rep, whereby its genius as a pyramid scheme: it is driven not by altruism, but by angst and fear, perpetuated by fragile egos too terrified of others' opinions of themselves. Expecting logic or reason out of this pyramid scheme is like expecting Cordovan to fart diamonds. Its whole attraction lies in being a refuge asylum against logic and reason, whose adherents can mask their intellectual deficiencies in critical thinking by lining up to get their pats on the head and virtue stickers for their profiles, clutching feel-good vibes like alcoholic clutches a bottle to distract themselves from their depression. It's why they get offended by everything that contradicts or disagrees: it reminds their pathological safety bubble may burst any moment, and fear of their negative thoughts getting in triggers that frantic shrill defensiveness. Just another symptom of same toxic mental disease. As is immunity to facts. So much easier to avoid when adjusting expectations accordingly.

• Upvote 1

can you imagine if...  instead of US soccer, which is very small, relative to other sports that within the US are vastly more popular...   imagine if women's basketball demanded equal pay?

the disparity between US men and US women in soccer is no were near as large as it is in basketball.  professional level male basketball make millions more than women.

there is a reason why soccer is the initial target.  the backlash is much smaller than if they had started with basketball.  they picked the target for a purpose & are aiming for a president, before attacking bigger fish.  Soccer in the US is small potatoes compared to other sports.  but, the game "CARD" being played is all to familiar.  this attack will continue and more water carriers will come forward until it seems an onslaught.  they are aiming for capitulation.  we shall see if it happens.

but it is interesting how a sport where non biological females can compete:

regardless of genre, no one seems to be asking for a base salary.  which i of course find interesting.  but when something recreational turns pro & exists entirely around events, marketing and promotion, to garner viewer coin...   base salaries, really aren't that relevant.  and considering how small they would be comparatively to names who can draw big tickets...  it is no surprise "base salary" is not an operative phrasing.

i wonder why these men never bitch about getting paid less than their fe-person counterparts?

image.png.3c3901446af193035b3f34064bd0931a.png

or why there aren't more:

image.png.6bc3f7ed11a9c8d8add96026772ea8cc.pngimage.png.954c34965c04b5a9a53926ba800a6f9e.png

i guess we will never know...🤔

image.png.dfe35145c55dac5fe081cbf22900d0d7.png

25 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

there is a reason why soccer is the initial target.  the backlash is much smaller than if they had started with basketball.  they picked the target for a purpose & are aiming for a president, before attacking bigger fish.  Soccer in the US is small potatoes compared to other sports.  but, the game "CARD" being played is all to familiar.  this attack will continue and more water carriers will come forward until it seems an onslaught.  they are aiming for capitulation.  we shall see if it happens.

Football ("soccer") is the biggest sport in the world, though. Whether it's popular in the US or not doesn't really matter, especially when the biggest drives for this unbalanced pay have been outside the US too.

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

Football ("soccer") is the biggest sport in the world, though. Whether it's popular in the US or not doesn't really matter, especially when the biggest drives for this unbalanced pay have been outside the US too.

soccer/football is indeed huge globally.

i was aware of the Australian push...  i guess on the EU side of the pond in this particular instance, the news hasn't passed to this side. 

perhaps the individual nations on the EU side needs to play U15 boys?

Matildas-lose-7-0

Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team

regardless, hadn't seen the issue pushed beyond the 2 nations in the above linked examples.

Yeah... there's been enough stuff that I've seen through Joe Rogan that the trans MMA athlete stuff is basically "that's a man, still a man after they've been injected with drugs, and shouldn't be fighting women" from his point of view.  Amusing that he sees it so clearly yet somehow growing boobs makes you a woman...

Amusing how much that ideology is basically a religion....

well, I agree with them, we should stop with the artificial seperation based on a binary system like gender. Just one competition, no matter if you are male/female/neutral/anything else and the best players will earn the most. Equality, just like feminists want

On 7/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, Almagnus1 said:

the trans MMA athlete stuff is basically "that's a man, still a man after they've been injected with drugs, and shouldn't be fighting women"

well, if it happened to women's soccer, they might actually start beating the U15 boys teams.

works for weightlifting.

wrestling:

hqdefault.jpg

rugby too:

biological-man-transgender-hannah-mounce

but what i really wonder is...

400x400_images_rapino.jpg

is she a TERF?

magic 8 ball says, "ODDS ARE GOOD!"

Honestly, I think the TERF's position on this and that of most female athletes is identical.

Ironically, trans athletes competing against women is the most misogynistic concept yet.... and yet the people calling out the misogyny are the bad ones.....

I really dont want to wade into this quagmire, but that wrestling pic that is a biological female that wants to wrestle against MALES but isnt allowed, and far as equal pay our (Im American) women's team is heads and shoulders above our men's mess and probably deserves more pay, they actually win games.  I do not follow traditional football, but Im pretty sure our men's team has never made it out of the first round (if thats the correct terminology) whereas our women's team is 4? times WC champs? I have no idea who pays theys players, but strictly speaking US Women's Soccer >>> US Men's. When you wade into other sports, they are strictly capitalistic ventures and no way could the WNBA command NBA salaries, attendance and other figures prove it, but with the US National Soccer Teams the opposite is totally true

58 minutes ago, Altreg01 said:

I really dont want to wade into this quagmire, but that wrestling pic that is a biological female that wants to wrestle against MALES but isnt allowed, and far as equal pay our (Im American) women's team is heads and shoulders above our men's mess and probably deserves more pay, they actually win games.  I do not follow traditional football, but Im pretty sure our men's team has never made it out of the first round (if thats the correct terminology) whereas our women's team is 4? times WC champs? I have no idea who pays theys players, but strictly speaking US Women's Soccer >>> US Men's. When you wade into other sports, they are strictly capitalistic ventures and no way could the WNBA command NBA salaries, attendance and other figures prove it, but with the US National Soccer Teams the opposite is totally true

The men's team came 3rd in the first ever world cup in 1930.  Since then the best they have done is quarter finals.  Other than this they seem to go between not getting out of the group stage and getting out of the group but them losing the next match.  Although it must be said the standard of woman's football worldwide leaves a lot to be desired.  Too many countires don't give a crap about it, unlike the US.

The Woman's team bring in more money then the men's team but they get paid less, that is wrong.  In the past the argument that the men's game brought in more money so they got paid more was commonly used, and for good reason, but that is no longer a valid argument.

At club level it is a different story.

welp the next womens world cup is in 2023.  so unless

9f9ff7b54cd77aebd5217363a60ce6b0.jpg

wants to take some additional swipes at Trump, this is getting shelved for the next 3+ years.  & if she does take those swipes...  it is no longer about womens soccer, but her & her alone.  maybe she can Kapernick a Nike deal out of it.  either way, most everyone is going to be forgetting about womens soccer for the next 3+ years.

2 hours ago, Altreg01 said:

that wrestling pic that is a biological female that wants to wrestle against MALES but isnt allowed

so is Chris Cyborg:

b67e2a4be234e62d5bf58a244c3beb37--chris-

odd that after all this time, she has NEVER faced:

Fallon_Fox_insert_by_Rolando_de_la_Fuent

really weird how it works like that...

regardless Mack Beggs is in College now & will be wrestling boys.  wonder if they'll pull the same shit as the MMA above and pull ceremony BS, or will there be actual matches.  i suspect this is another one we will never hear from again.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

The men's team came 3rd in the first ever world cup in 1930. 

and US mens soccer has been around since 1885.  more than 100 years before the first national womens soccer in the US.

The professional division of U.S. Soccer has had three different first-division women's leagues. The first, the Womens United Soccer Association (WUSA), was founded in 2001, but folded due to large debts after the 2003 season. The second, Womens Professional Soccer (WPS), was effectively a successor to WUSA, although it did not begin until 2009. Like WUSA before it, WPS played three seasons, but also lost large amounts of money; it first decided not to play its planned 2012 season, and then completely folded in May of that year.

After WPS folded, the effective top level of women's soccer in the U.S. was WPSL Elite, a "semi-pro" league that had both professional and amateur teams. WPSL Elite was created by the Womens Premier Soccer League, one of two second-division women's leagues, as an outlet for former WPS teams, as well as WPSL teams that wanted to play professionally. WPSL Elite played in 2012 with eight teams; six were professional, and three once played in WPS. The other second-division league was the W-League, part of the United Soccer Leagues. WPSL Elite was planned as a temporary league before a possible return of WPS.

In late 2012, a totally new top-level league was created, known as the National Womens Soccer League (NWSL). It is run by U.S. Soccer and started play in 2013 with eight teams, four of which had been members of WPS. The league added teams in 2014 and 2016 to become a 10-team league, making it the first professional women's league in the U.S. to have more than eight teams and last more than three seasons.

so only the last 5 years has women's soccer actually started to be financially feasible in the US.

that is the women's leagues negotiating power.  5 years of revenues, only the last 3 years based of 10 teams.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

The Woman's team bring in more money then the men's team but they get paid less

and this is just not true.

ONLY during world cup cycles do the womens US team generate more revenue than US men.  So that is the year 2015 and this year 2019.  just those 2 years they generated more revenue then the mens teams, tied directly to the World cup.  when you include the years that there is no world cup, over all the men generate almost double the revenues of the women's teams.  2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 & 2018 the US women's teams did NOT generate more revenue than the US mens teams.

and from 2001 - 2011 the womens teams lost money & those leagues folded.  prior to 2001 there was no womens league in the US, but the mens league goes back to 1885.

and if you leave the US (and Australia) for the rest of the entire world, mens professional soccer absolutely dwarfs womens soccer for revenues by over 4 billion dollars.

i'll repeat it again for effect...  the US womens teams ONLY generate greater revenues than the US men during world cup years & for this current womens league, that is 2015 & 2019.  otherwise the US men generate almost double that of the women.  so no they don't bring in more money overall.  if you think that, you have misread, or been mislead by articles that skew the details to favor world cup years.

nothing unfair happening here at all.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

ONLY during world cup cycles do the womens US team generate more revenue than US men.  So that is the year 2015 and this year 2019.  just those 2 years they generated more revenue then the mens teams, tied directly to the World cup.  when you include the years that there is no world cup, over all the men generate almost double the revenues of the women's teams.  2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 & 2018 the US women's teams did NOT generate more revenue than the US mens teams.

From 2016-2018 the woman's team had earning of $50.5 million where as the men's team generated $49.9 million.  This is not during the world cup.  Given the world cup this year I would guess that they would be higher again this year for the women.  These figures are from audited financial statements from the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) as seen by the Wall Street Journal.  In 2016 the Women generated $1.9 million more than the men

9 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

From 2016-2018 the woman's team had earning of $50.5 million where as the men's team generated $49.9 million.  This is not during the world cup.  Given the world cup this year I would guess that they would be higher again this year for the women.  These figures are from audited financial statements from the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) as seen by the Wall Street Journal.  In 2016 the Women generated $1.9 million more than the men

according to the wall street journal, but that is plainly bullshit reporting.

according to US Soccer:

the men produced nearly double the revenue of the women over a four-year cycle.

and the actual financial records can be viewed: https://www.ussoccer.com/governance/financial-information

the wall street journal and all proceeding articles referencing the wall street journal got it wrong.  they are misrepresenting the actual numbers.