LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Legendary Servers = Failed Experiment?

1 hour ago, MusicMachine said:

Meet Chris Carter, the new Druidsfire, and Destructoid, the new MMO Central. Only the most naive would mistake these microscopic propaganda ridden pamphlets for independent, critical sources of information. “Travel was provided by Standing Stone Games”. No shit!

Ciccolini’s comments are delusional if given the benefit of the doubt. Remove it and it’s some of the most malicious I’ve ever read from a games company. Embarrassing to say the least.

Does DF go mental on MMOCentral now? She's just given way $200 of game packages to buy followers, bought a load of tech, lost the co-host slot and now doesn't have the exclusive sucking dick interviews any more.  Hanging on to moderator with the coven still, maybe that'll stay her a while.

6 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Does DF go mental on MMOCentral now? She's just given way $200 of game packages to buy followers, bought a load of tech, lost the co-host slot and now doesn't have the exclusive sucking dick interviews any more.  Hanging on to moderator with the coven still, maybe that'll stay her a while.

Not that I know of. What I meant is that Druidsfire / MMO Central seem to have lost favour and have been substituted with Carter / Destructoid. SSG is paying in order to present themselves as contenders, when major gaming news sites have all but lost any former interest in LOTRO. Destructoid and MMO Central are nothing but glorified fanzines, strictly infomercial territory. You will not find professional reviews there. As an example, either Chris Carter completely ignores everything about licensing or has chosen to ignore it. Only an ignorant or a liar would write the following:

“Although Second Age material is off the table for Standing Stone Games right, that could change with the possibility of Amazon touching Second Age material. Depending on how it's handled, it could be the first real time that the era was depicted in popular media ever.”

Does he think that the Silmarillion is going to become public domain when Amazon buys into it? No, but he misguides gullible readers into thinking so. Truth is, in order to get access to that material you need the kind of money that Amazon has, and SSG are worlds away from that no matter how many whales they could attract.

49 minutes ago, Urwendil said:

I can see the thread being locked soon. Other postings are leading it to that sort of dead end.

I threw out some thoughts and a couple questions in a post I included to the thread.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676872-New-Lotro-Interview-articles-19-11-20&p=7974731#post7974731

Deepthroat that Funberry

Before I forget. I wanted to ask in the thread what race would Severlin's ghost be? I know the answer.

TROLL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Splay said:

I threw out some thoughts and a couple questions in a post I included to the thread.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676872-New-Lotro-Interview-articles-19-11-20&p=7974731#post7974731

Going to the East to be confronted with a store popup, instead of going West to see a cut scene of a ship sailing into the heavens. One could suggest for the situation and find which way the compass should point by asking one question.

Which would J.R.R.Tolkien choose?

Very well said Sap 👏

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676858-Let-s-talk-about-Virtues&p=7974944#post7974944

Ballie before the chop:

"Accelerator Pricing

1,000 LP for 10,000 of Virtue Accelerator.
A valar delivers 650,000 vxp - like for like this much acceleration would cost 65,000 LP a Valar 120 a pittance at 6,695 LP

What's the break down? valar 120 $70 ticket item, equivalent accelerator $700? And I get a slapped wrist today for suggesting this very thing and that players will fall for it, shame on you Cordovan.

Just another reason why this valar package is such a give away game breaker compared to all the other means provided by the store."