LOTROCommunity

Would you fire the whole turbine marketing and customer relations team

Would you fire the turbine marketing and community teams?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire the turbine marketing and community teams?

• Only community
    • Only marketing
    • Don't Know
    • No
    • Only some of them
    • Only Sapience
    • Only Account security
    • All of them

his last recorded accomplishment with lotro was SoM which was released in 09.

SAp took over for Patience in 2nd half of 08, I believe.

just found some new names for possible contacts/blame -

Terry White

Director of Online Operations, Security & Compliance at Turbine/WB Games

Solo Attorney at The Law Office of Terry R. White II

Alex Rodberg

Director of Brand Marketing at Turbine

Owner at TheWriteApproach

Interesting. Wasn't the second guy's name what Patience's last name used to be?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want those people fired who keep showing me ads for Walmart, questpacks, classes and subscription deals. I'm not in the US, I can't buy questpacks, I have all the classes and I'm on a lifetime sub.

• 3 weeks later...

Vorontur, I can give you a primary example: Diablo II.

Diablo II was the game that put Blizzard on the map (Lost Vikings aside - I kid, I kid). It started out under a box-purchase-yet-free-to-play-online model, which, if I understand correctly, is still how it's set up. Over time, Diablo II saw less and less development support, outside of several patches that more-or-less left the game as-is (outside from the infrequent "world events"). Apathy for the game became more prevalent. Suddenly, WoW was announced, and it was all that Blizzard could talk about. In the meantime, Diablo players voices were being drowned out, as they clamored for more "dev love." Upon the release of WoW as a pay-to-play model, Diablo II was by-and-large forgotten.

So, we have the LOTRO game, that Turbine/WB continues to cite revenue problems with. If they put out something new and different that their profits can spike from, at least for a little while, guess where LOTRO ends up on the ladder of priority. ;)

Delete

Perhaps not, but it may be reasonable to add the department in charge of account security to the poll.

Done

I voted "don't know". The reason, I have to be fair. Every division of a company answers to a manager of sorts and that manager answers to the top execs. Since I don't really know the corporate structure of Turbine, how can I possibly come to a proper conclusion?

I voted "don't know". The reason, I have to be fair. Every division of a company answers to a manager of sorts and that manager answers to the top execs. Since I don't really know the corporate structure of Turbine, how can I possibly come to a proper conclusion?

Wow, I would so love to see a corporate map of Turbine! :)