LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

How to lose players and alienate games

That's fucking hilarious. To be fair, I'd prefer if more devs did that. I remember my days in retail having to deal with shitty customers who acted like absolute cunts but couldn't take it in return. As long as people are free to respond on those forums afterwards, I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

No matter what you think about the people playing your game, as a developer keep it to yourself.

I disagree.  We're all human and we have a breaking point.  And nothing the devs said was undeserved.  People suck and sometimes it's ok to remind them of that.

We all have a breaking point, but when you have just pissed off your player bases with a loot box scam and they called you out on it, maybe calling them ass-hats is not the best way to apologise.  I suspect many off us here have had to deal with horrible customers at some point, but I doubt many would have say anything to the customer.  Bitch about them internally with other staff but not to their face.  That is a sure fire way to loose players

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

... but not to their face.

tenor.gif

So THAT'S why I kept getting fired.

I think a lot of it is the frustration of having to deal with the Twitter rage mob cause this post sums it up pretty well:

If you go through that Reddit thread you can definitely feel the dev's frustration.