LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

WoW Classic is Live

Will be interesting to see what effect the Classic servers have on the population of the non classic servers.  Could WOW classic be the WOW killer

On 8/27/2019 at 4:05 PM, cossieuk said:

Will be interesting to see what effect the Classic servers have on the population of the non classic servers.  Could WOW classic be the WOW killer

I suspect it shall be, but at the same time, Blizzard is probably going to (eventually) run all of their expansions through a Classic cycle.  My hope is that they leave Classic alone, and only spin up new servers for the expansions.

My little brother's been playing it, apparently on some comparatively small server and doesn't have any log in queue problems. Sounds like it's been pretty busy still.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

My little brother's been playing it, apparently on some comparatively small server and doesn't have any log in queue problems. Sounds like it's been pretty busy still.

Yeah, getting to Bloodhoof Village took a fair bit as there was some pretty intense competition for the starter area mob spawns on Whitemane.

It's very much the same feeling from back in the day where you're stepping into an alternate world, rather than visiting a theme park like so many MMOs feel like today (FFXIV included).

On 8/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, cossieuk said:

To be fair Blizzard did warn people nearly 2 weeks ago that this was going to happen

So if they knew 2 weeks ago why didn’t they do something about it?

16 minutes ago, PJ. said:

Good point. If that were Turbine 2.0, we'd mock them relentlessly for it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, PJ. said:

I think Blizzard's plan was to have a huge amount of sight seers, and not really accommodate for that wave as they expected them to come, play a bit, and then wander off.

In other words, I think Blizzard critically underestimated how people would react to WoW:Classic.