LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

10 hours ago, Splay said:

Trump can't help himself. 100% compulsive liar.

I sometimes doubt he even realises he's lying to begin with. It's like that episode of South Park where Cartman claims he invented a fishsticks joke that Jimmy actually made up, but his ego is too big to let him remember the situation clearly so he genuinely believes he's telling the truth. Trump has to add unnecessary details to make what he's saying match what his head is telling him is real, not what actually is real.

He did something similar with the faked doctor's evaluation where he said he was "the healthiest individual ever elected to presidency" and his "strength and stamina are extraordinary". Or when he said his call to Ukraine was a "perfect" call, he backed it up by creating an anonymous lawyer friend who just so happened to speak exactly like he does and referred to the call in exactly the same way.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

I sometimes doubt he even realises he's lying to begin with. It's like that episode of South Park where Cartman claims he invented a fishsticks joke that Jimmy actually made up, but his ego is too big to let him remember the situation clearly so he genuinely believes he's telling the truth. Trump has to add unnecessary details to make what he's saying match what his head is telling him is real, not what actually is real.

He did something similar with the faked doctor's evaluation where he said he was "the healthiest individual ever elected to presidency" and his "strength and stamina are extraordinary". Or when he said his call to Ukraine was a "perfect" call, he backed it up by creating an anonymous lawyer friend who just so happened to speak exactly like he does and referred to the call in exactly the same way.

I'd like to find out who this "they" is he keeps mentioning.  "They tell me it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest airport."  Unless he actually hears voices.

18 hours ago, Splay said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tweets-fake-image-of-him-putting-medal-around-dog-from-al-baghdadi-raid/ar-AAJBlPW?li=BBnbfcL

Adding insult to the situation the medal was to be awarded to a real person not a stock photo. Trump's ideas are mental. Using anything and anyone to promote his ego and his political purposes. It's disgusting this man sits in the WH.

Or maybe it's causing people without a sense of humor to spaz out?

I mean, I would say anyone with half a brain would get that it's a joke... but here's clear evidence that's not the point.

----

At least we're going with the correct process and the House Judiciary Comittee is going to start fielding this (instead of the House Intelligence Comittee).  However, https://apnews.com/fd2765706ced4eb29c8737348c64d55c is an article with a heavy Democrat bias....

Because it starts out with:

Just two Democratic defectors joined them

And given the vote is

The tally was 232-196, with all Republicans who voted opposing the resolution.

I think the key takeaways for why this is going to be a cluster and a railroading of Trump (as the Democrats have enough votes to do that in the house), especially since the views are basically summed up as:

the Democrats are trying to remove Trump simply “because they are scared they cannot defeat him at the ballot box.”

Which I am inclined to believe as:

Republicans said a solid GOP “no” vote would signal to the Senate that the Democratic push is a partisan crusade against a president they have never liked.

But the problem here is that the Democrats think:

Democrats were also hoping to demonstrate solidarity from their most liberal elements to their most moderate members. They argued that GOP cohesion against the measure would show that Republicans are blindly defending Trump, whatever facts emerge.

But one of the biggest issues with all of this (and why it's so easy to construe the entire thing as railroading) is that:

Republicans could only issue subpoenas for witnesses to appear if the committees holding the hearings approve them — in effect giving Democrats veto power.

In other words, it's crazy easy for the Democrats to frame the entire thing in whatever light they want to, and they can also (due to their majority) stop any Republicans from offering any testimony that runs counter to their narrative.  I honestly don't think we're ever going to find the truth here, this situation is waaaay to political for that - and it's also setting a bad precedence (from the Republican perspective) that it's OK to impeach a President if you don't like them.  I fully expect the Republicans to impeach Democrat presidents moving forward without actual cause, assuming Trump gets impeached.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

Or when he said his call to Ukraine was a "perfect" call, he backed it up by creating an anonymous lawyer friend who just so happened to speak exactly like he does and referred to the call in exactly the same way.

Having read the transcript for that, it reads like how a New Yorker talks, and sounded more like he was asking a request for collaboration.  Then again, I don't think the facts really matter all that much with the Ukraine call as (moving forward) it's going to be portrayed however it's most convenient for whomever's speaking.

30 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Having read the transcript for that, it reads like how a New Yorker talks, and sounded more like he was asking a request for collaboration.  Then again, I don't think the facts really matter all that much with the Ukraine call as (moving forward) it's going to be portrayed however it's most convenient for whomever's speaking.

I wouldn't class it as a transcript when it says:

CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A number of factors can affect the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indicate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear.

Which is probably something that Trump would like to lean on, considering it claims he said stuff like:

Well it's very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it's something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she doesn't do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it's something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

Ignoring the implication in this that he's already getting dragged for, it reads like an ignoramus talking vaguely and hoping nobody notices. Just a lot of "yeah there's not good but there's some good but it's mostly good but it's not all good but we're very very good". He'd be better suited saying it wasn't really his own words, even if it does sound like more of the same from him and he likely did say something that stupid.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:26 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Thank you captain obvious for copying and pasting the wiki page.  Do you want a cookie?

Right.. Obviously you don't know, since you're railing against the "illegal inquiry of the democrats".

And what you read matters greatly.  If it's from the US MSM, it's biased HEAVILY towards the Democrat side of things as there are litereally no objective MSM news outlets.

Okay, what I read matters greatly. I'll take that argument. Media bias is a thing. That's why there's sites like https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/. They objectively judge sources on left/right leaning, science or pseudoscience.

That's great, no one gives two shits about the EU.

So, when you disqualify my opinion because I'm European, it matters, but when I state that what the US does impacts the EU, you disqualify it? The EU is one of the biggest trade partners of the US. Get a fucking grip.

And that's a good thing because the rest of us have become too dependant upon China, and China is basically implementing 1984 through their social media.  I mean, given the human rights violations China just does and doesn't care about... maybe this is a good thing?

Wake up call. China is taking over cheap labour. No amount of chest pounding Trump does will change that. Chinese workers accept much lower wages than we do, both in the US and in the EU where minimum wages are far higher. It's basic economics and you're guilty of it too. If you can buy product X for $19.99 in the US, or for $2.99 in China, you'll buy it from China. Trump's tariffs only mean it's more expensive for you to buy things manufactured with products from China (or any other country he hasn't slapped tariffs on). You do know tariffs are a tax on the consumer, not the producer right?

.... which has been a continual problem because our Presidential elections basically guarantee that we don't do long term planning?

Every president before Trump has been careful to keep long standing allies as allies. While not every president has been equally kind to trade partners and countries, they haven't just shunned all of them. Trump seems to only favour those countries that have dictators or strongmen leading them, like Russia, North Korea, Saudi-Arabia or China. The last only in private though, because the Trump family seems to get an aweful lot of trademarks pushed through..

Maybe if you'd grow a pair (instead of hiding under the bedsheets) you'd realize that the only real bogeyman to maybe be afraid of is China... mostly because they have zero compunctions about censoring and oppressing their population.  I mean, they censored Winnie the Pooh for crying out loud.

Actually, the only thing that benefits China is exactly what Trump is doing. Making imports from western allies even more expensive with his silly tariffs. It makes for even higher cost disparities between European and Chinese products, leading to even more business going to China (and even more businesses in the US going out of business). Their abhorrent human rights policy has absolutely zero to do with the economics, that's just deflecting.

Oh yes, a bunch of arm chair 

Yes I suppose you would call it that, because I disagree strongly with your views. Your "MAGA!!!!!111oneone" ideas are just plain fucking stupid. Maybe move back to the bayou, live on a boat and stop pretending you can participate in intelligent discussion?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doro said:

He'd be better suited saying it wasn't really his own words, even if it does sound like more of the same from him and he likely did say something that stupid.

This is the key reason his lawyers wouldn't let him be interviewed in person during the Mueller probe.  He would have indicted himself in the first 5 minutes of the interview.  It's also why he answered (some, not all) questions only in writing (which I'm sure his legal team did for him).

19 hours ago, Doro said:

I wouldn't class it as a transcript when it says:

And that's a standard legalese waiver.... what's your point?

Ignoring the implication in this that he's already getting dragged for, it reads like an ignoramus talking vaguely and hoping nobody notices. Just a lot of "yeah there's not good but there's some good but it's mostly good but it's not all good but we're very very good". He'd be better suited saying it wasn't really his own words, even if it does sound like more of the same from him and he likely did say something that stupid.

Or maybe that's how New Yorkers actually talk?

18 hours ago, MueR said:

Right.. Obviously you don't know, since you're railing against the "illegal inquiry of the democrats".

I don't think I called it that?

My main beef was that the impeachment investigation was started by a very dishonest person running the House Intelligence committee, rather than coming from the House Judiciary committee.  Maybe you should stop making assumptions and actually try to figure out my position?  Then again, your liberal circle jerk wouldn't like you for using your brain....

Okay, what I read matters greatly. I'll take that argument. Media bias is a thing. That's why there's sites like https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/. They objectively judge sources on left/right leaning, science or pseudoscience.

And almost all of those fact checkers aren't really worth a damn.....

So, when you disqualify my opinion because I'm European, it matters, but when I state that what the US does impacts the EU, you disqualify it? The EU is one of the biggest trade partners of the US. Get a fucking grip.

Does the EU want to be the US's bitch, or China's?  Cause the EU ain't worth much else otherwise.

Wake up call. China is taking over cheap labour. No amount of chest pounding Trump does will change that. Chinese workers accept much lower wages than we do, both in the US and in the EU where minimum wages are far higher. It's basic economics and you're guilty of it too. If you can buy product X for $19.99 in the US, or for $2.99 in China, you'll buy it from China. Trump's tariffs only mean it's more expensive for you to buy things manufactured with products from China (or any other country he hasn't slapped tariffs on). You do know tariffs are a tax on the consumer, not the producer right?

And they do it because China has no concept of the EPA, OSHA, or worker's rights.

And then they do stuff like https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7634193/Live-pigs-used-crash-test-dummies-killed-China.html

Think about that the next time you buy something from China, you are helping with the exploitation of a population.

IMO, we should completely wreck their economy until they can start doing things right.

Every president before Trump has been careful to keep long standing allies as allies. While not every president has been equally kind to trade partners and countries, they haven't just shunned all of them. Trump seems to only favour those countries that have dictators or strongmen leading them, like Russia, North Korea, Saudi-Arabia or China. The last only in private though, because the Trump family seems to get an aweful lot of trademarks pushed through..

Because three of those countries actually matter in today's world, while another (North Korea) is holding South Korea at gunpoint.

Actually, the only thing that benefits China is exactly what Trump is doing. Making imports from western allies even more expensive with his silly tariffs. It makes for even higher cost disparities between European and Chinese products, leading to even more business going to China (and even more businesses in the US going out of business). Their abhorrent human rights policy has absolutely zero to do with the economics, that's just deflecting.

But the theory with foreign policy is that you can use economics to influence the human rights issue.  It's not deflecting when the two are connected.

Yes I suppose you would call it that, because I disagree strongly with your views. Your "MAGA!!!!!111oneone" ideas are just plain fucking stupid. Maybe move back to the bayou, live on a boat and stop pretending you can participate in intelligent discussion?

Maybe if you took time to understand my views (instead of going with your assumptions) it would matter.  Then again, I doubt you much care to as it's just so much easier for your intellectual fat ass to just make assumptions and run with them than find out the truth.

It's not a transcript, period.  It's the opposite of what an actual transcript is.  That's the fucking point.

Calling someone dishonest (Schiff), when you continue to back the liar-n-chief is hilarious.  

19 pages in and the Trump acolyte still doesn't know the difference between the House Intelligence and Judicial committees.  Sounds about right.

42 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And that's a standard legalese waiver.... what's your point?

That it's not a transcript by its own admission. Wasn't that clear?

42 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Or maybe that's how New Yorkers actually talk?

I wouldn't throw an entire population under the bus for the sake of excusing a man who regularly dishes out that sort of drivel in his speeches.

59 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

... and actually try to figure out my position?

Are you asking us to do that for you? Because from where I'm sitting, it doesn't seem like you have a position outside of "Trump good, anything against him bad".

So, unsurprisingly, the whistleblower is a democratic operative with ties to Schiff.....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/10/31/sounds-a-bit-coup-coup-trump-ukraine-whistleblower-hid-contacts-with-schiff-from-n2555655

16 minutes ago, Doro said:

That it's not a transcript by its own admission. Wasn't that clear?

Not very familiar with legalese are you?

It's a CYA [Cover Your Ass] thing, nothing more, nothing less, and has no bearing on the actual contents of the document so the writer is covered in case there's an error within the document.

I wouldn't throw an entire population under the bus for the sake of excusing a man who regularly dishes out that sort of drivel in his speeches.

And how much time have you actually spent in New York City?  When I visit my aunt in New Jersey, we normally end up there, so I'm there about annually - so I think I might have an outsider's perspective on that group of people, and yes, Trump is very much a New Yorker - as most are rather rough around the edges, very straight to the point, but they can be rather nice people once you get to know them a bit and you can see through the flaws.

Are you asking us to do that for you? Because from where I'm sitting, it doesn't seem like you have a position outside of "Trump good, anything against him bad".

Set aside the partisan glasses, it's basically been "how about we figure out what's going on, cause this entire thing looks fishy"... and given the above link, justifiably so.  If Trump actually did do something wrong (and from what I have seen, he hasn't), then he should face appropriate punishment for it.  That said, the Democrats have been trying to throw Trump out of office simply because he beat HRC in 2016 - so all I'm seeing with the Trump/Ukraine thing is another attempt to get rid of him.  That's also why I want to drag this entire thing out into the sunlight, and just get on with the proper process already.  It's also why we need to have a more formalized impeachment process as the founding fathers likely never intended for impeachment to be used as a political play (which is exactly what it is currently) - which is also a political play that sets a really bad precedent and will likely destabilize the US government in the long term if Trump gets impeached because the Republicans are going to do use this tool the next time they get a chance and point back at Trump... exactly like what the Democrats did to spite the Republicans that bit them during the Kavanaugh confirmation (at least, I think that's the thing in the Senate where the Democrats threw out a fillibuster and it bit them in the ass).

The other thing I rather like about Trump is that he pisses off a bunch of the Democrats as they've had that coming for almost 30 years, especially because of how much shit they have been throwing at the Republicans ever since the Clintons came onto the political scene roughly 30 years ago.  Even Obama is starting to understand why the sprint to the far left the Democrats have been doing is bad, and Obama is trying to get the Democratic party back to a more normal state of being as that's something sorely needed and would help better facilitate discussion between the two parties rather than a bunch of idiots playing sports with politics (which benefits no one).

Part of the issue, though, is that most of this board wants sound bytes that confirm their team, and like I said earlier, I don't think like that.  Rather, I think in interconnected webs of ideas (kinda like a relational database), so if you're not going to take the time to understand that, then all you're only going to see a bunch of confusing ramblings because I'm mentally wired differently than most.  This is why I my day job is solving problems that would leave most going "I have no idea how to approach this, much less solve it", because I just understand complex systems and know how to find the part that doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Not very familiar with legalese are you?

It's a CYA [Cover Your Ass] thing, nothing more, nothing less, and has no bearing on the actual contents of the document so the writer is covered in case there's an error within the document.

Despite it very clearly explaining it isn't a transcript, and the specific reasons why it's not a transcript, it definitely is a transcript. Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And how much time have you actually spent in New York City?  When I visit my aunt in New Jersey, we normally end up there, so I'm there about annually - so I think I might have an outsider's perspective on that group of people, and yes, Trump is very much a New Yorker - as most are rather rough around the edges, very straight to the point, but they can be rather nice people once you get to know them a bit and you can see through the flaws.

Does Trump really get a free pass on saying stupid things because you eat a New York hotdog once a year? I can't imagine you go into a deli and the owner starts going "You know, there's a lot of good here, and we do a lot of good, even though there's some not so good, we still do very very good, because it's mostly good". His speech patterns are noticeably strange, not something I've ever heard as common place there.

20 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

That's also why I want to drag this entire thing out into the sunlight, and just get on with the proper process already.

Then all you've got to do is wait. From your previous posts, it looks like you've jumped the gun when this is all still in its infancy.

28 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Rather, I think in interconnected webs of ideas (kinda like a relational database)

Most people do. Ever heard the average woman in an argument? She'll ping off tangential shit like she's a 5th dimensional entity watching your full timeline.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm mentally wired differently than most.  Part of the issue, though, is that most of this board wants sound bytes that confirm their team

I think they call that schizophrenia or psychosis.  This second part is hilarious to me.  As I stated before 95% of your sources are biased.  I looked up the whole "whistleblower has been outed" after seeing someone mention Eric Ciarmella.  The only sites that are reporting this are ones like Spectator.org, Realclearinvestigations.com, Washingtonexaminer.com, Redstate.com, OANN.com and my personal favorite... Glocktalk.com.  Not a single reputable news agency is reporting what would be extremely newsworthy information.  There is a difference between leaning one way or the other and reporting outright falsehoods as facts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doro said:

Does Trump really get a free pass on saying stupid things because you eat a New York hotdog once a year? I can't imagine you go into a deli and the owner starts going "You know, there's a lot of good here, and we do a lot of good, even though there's some not so good, we still do very very good, because it's mostly good". His speech patterns are noticeably strange, not something I've ever heard as common place there.

I can tell you first hand New Yorker's don't talk or act like Trump. I spent a whole lot more time, in all five boroughs, than a once a year stroll. I rarely went there as a tourist. So imo that means I've seen what New York city really is about. I can tell a New Yorker anywhere on the planet by hearing one sentence from them.

Trump finally realized he isn't one of them. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lifelong-new-yorker-declares-himself-a-resident-of-florida/ar-AAJFly0

Some New York leaders shared the sentiment. “Good riddance,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo tweeted. “It’s not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway. He’s all yours, Florida.”

Trump must not know Florida will allow him to be extradited back to New York state for tax evasion.

Even if the whistle-blower had ties to Schiff, it doesn't change the fact that what he reported has been verified by the "transcript" that the White House released.

It's hard to claim some wild conspiracy is at play, if the actual complaint is backed up by the facts presented.  And, he is not the only person to come forward.  

Strange that people will take issue with actual non partisan fact checking websites, but wholeheartedly believe right wing propaganda sites.  I guess it's not really so strange.

2 hours ago, Papi said:

Even if the whistle-blower had ties to Schiff, it doesn't change the fact that what he reported has been verified by the "transcript" that the White House released.

It's hard to claim some wild conspiracy is at play, if the actual complaint is backed up by the facts presented.  And, he is not the only person to come forward.  

Strange that people will take issue with actual non partisan fact checking websites, but wholeheartedly believe right wing propaganda sites.  I guess it's not really so strange.

It's called confirmation bias.  When I google something Trump-related I never get these extreme viewpoints as results.  The only time I do is when I specifically google something extreme.  I double and triple check every piece of new evidence that comes down the pike.  I didn't expect the WH to release something that would actually corroborate the complaint.  I've read all of the opening statements thus far and in all but one case, even the more favorable one, investigations into Biden were linked to receiving aid.  We've hit the point of "Yeah he did it, suck it."

The idea that this will hurt Democrats doesn't fly.  When more information is released to the public, Republicans will turn on him to save their own asses. There will, of course, be pockets of areas that will vote for someone whose campaign slogan will be "Vote for me because I really love Trump and I have my own kneepads."  

There is a reason that none of the leaked information is positive for Trump.  If there was information to be leaked that exonerated him, then Republicans would have leaked it already.   The only places that are pushing this coup narrative are sites like Imasturbatewithmygunnewsnetwork.com

The other thing I rather like about Trump is that he pisses off a bunch of the Democrats as they've had that coming for almost 30 years,

For all too many Trump supporters it boils down to that. No principles (since Trump has none) and no vision (he has none of that either). Just "hey, his lies piss off the people I hate". It is sad.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/smugglers-are-sawing-through-new-parts-of-border-wall  I picked this report specifically so that the source can't be put into question.

"Using a popular cordless reciprocating saw that can be purchased at hardware stores for as little as $100, smugglers are creating openings large enough for people and drugs to pass through. They replace the blades on the saw, and it can cut through the wall's bollards in minutes."

"Multiple agents and administration officials pointed out that smugglers have found other ways to breach the wall — in particular, building a makeshift ladder to go over the fence instead of through it."

"Former U.S. Border Patrol Chief Ronald Vitiello, the acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, referenced the cartels' innovation as a reason for the saw usage."

Apparently a reciprocating saw and a ladder are considered innovative.  Who knew?

Told ya so.

When Pelosi knows the candidates are too far left, it's not a good omen at all for the Democrats.

https://news.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-worried-2020-candidates-100000963.html

On 11/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, Amenhir said:

When I google something Trump-related I never get these extreme viewpoints as results.

Google is a well known to be pushing a progressive agenda.  For example, Google will alter it's filter results for the US (and IIRC Canada), so if you're only relying upon Google, you're not going to be getting a neutral viewpoint.

The other amusing thing with you (and Splay for that matter), your behavior is strikingly similar to Mormon behavior when you start poking holes in their doctrine - and for that matter, some of the Christians that like to form the Holy Huddle (that is, filter out anything but what's "OK").  I don't think many people can identify cultist behavior until they've had to deal with it up close and personal (which happens when you're a non-Mormon growing up around a bunch of Mormons).  The irony is that the Progressives don't realize they're in a political cult.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

When Pelosi knows the candidates are too far left, it's not a good omen at all for the Democrats.

https://news.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-worried-2020-candidates-100000963.html

Google is a well known to be pushing a progressive agenda.  For example, Google will alter it's filter results for the US (and IIRC Canada), so if you're only relying upon Google, you're not going to be getting a neutral viewpoint.

The other amusing thing with you (and Splay for that matter), your behavior is strikingly similar to Mormon behavior when you start poking holes in their doctrine - and for that matter, some of the Christians that like to form the Holy Huddle (that is, filter out anything but what's "OK").  I don't think many people can identify cultist behavior until they've had to deal with it up close and personal (which happens when you're a non-Mormon growing up around a bunch of Mormons).  The irony is that the Progressives don't realize they're in a political cult.

That's not how search engines work.  The only agenda a search engine will push is your own.  Filtering results by geographic location isn't pushing a progressive agenda.  If I use google to look up Dominos pizza, what good would it do me if all of the results were for Dominos in Germany?

I would also like to add, for your edification, I have lived in Idaho for the last 16 years.  I know all about Mormons.  I don't think someone who extols the virtues of a single person like Trump, regardless of behavior and facts, should be accusing anyone of being in a cult.

The evidence provided by the links you've posted suggests to me that places like Infowars regularly pop up in your search results.  The only time Infowars ever appears in mine is if I specifically look up Infowars.  That won't happen because I'm not too worried about gay frogs.

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I don't think many people can identify cultist behavior until they've had to deal with it up close and personal...the irony is that the Progressives don't realize they're in a political cult.

LMAO...this statement, coming from you...with everything you've posted in this thread. You are so far up Trump's ass, you have admitted--repeatedly--that you would vote for him simply just to spite x, y and z.  If I believed in a god I would pray for you (nah, I probably wouldn't).

Trump will forever be titled "The Impeached Liar" A footnote when ever his name is mentioned. I wonder how many will deny they voted for him in the 2016 elections when this present day rolls out to become history.

2 hours ago, Splay said:

Trump will forever be titled "The Impeached Liar" A footnote when ever his name is mentioned. I wonder how many will deny they voted for him in the 2016 elections when this present day rolls out to become history.

The most annoying thing is that he will forever be on the list of Presidents.  His portrait will hang in the White House somewhere.  They will erect a Trump library.  Unless he's removed, not sure how it would play out.

1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

The most annoying thing is that he will forever be on the list of Presidents.  His portrait will hang in the White House somewhere.  They will erect a Trump library.  Unless he's removed, not sure how it would play out.

Hehehe, you said "erect".

To be fair, all of the US presidents since 1909 haven't exactly been worthy of being on the same list as Teddy Roosevelt. In fact, none before 1901 were worthy, either.

12 minutes ago, Doro said:

Hehehe, you said "erect".

To be fair, all of the US presidents since 1909 haven't exactly been worthy of being on the same list as Teddy Roosevelt. In fact, none before 1901 were worthy, either.

And Teddy was a progressive. 

Progressive Party (United States, 1912)

The platform's main theme was reversing the domination of politics by business interests, which allegedly controlled the Republican and Democratic parties, alike. The platform asserted:

To destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.[14]

To that end, the platform called for:

In the social sphere, the platform called for:

The political reforms proposed included:

The platform also urged states to adopt measures for "direct democracy", including:

• The recall election (citizens may remove an elected official before the end of his term)
  • The referendum (citizens may decide on a law by popular vote)
  • The initiative (citizens may propose a law by petition and enact it by popular vote)
  • Judicial recall (when a court declares a law unconstitutional, the citizens may override that ruling by popular vote)[