LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

On 11/3/2019 at 2:29 AM, Amenhir said:

That's not how search engines work.

It is when you screw with their algorithm.

Filtering results by geographic location isn't pushing a progressive agenda.  If I use google to look up Dominos pizza, what good would it do me if all of the results were for Dominos in Germany?

So then this isn't a clear sign of a progressive agenda?

When the top brass at Google is that far to the left, everything they are doing is done through a Democratic lens, as they think they have the right to tell us what to think.

I would also like to add, for your edification, I have lived in Idaho for the last 16 years.  I know all about Mormons.

I grew up and went to college in Western Colorado (which is basically Eastern Utah), so I know all about them too.  Perhaps you're Mormon too?  That would explain a lot, actually.

I don't think someone who extols the virtues of a single person like Trump, regardless of behavior and facts, should be accusing anyone of being in a cult.

Or maybe I'm hitting too close to home and you have to deflect it.  All I'm saying with Trump is give him the benefit of the doubt, due process, and keep in mind that he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - unlike the zealous mob justice you seem to espouse as you've come off as defining him guilty of everything under the sun for winning the 2016 election.

The evidence provided by the links you've posted suggests to me that places like Infowars regularly pop up in your search results.

Only place that appears periodically is drudgereport.com - which is also where I'm getting a fair amount of other news links.  Most of the stuff I've linked here is from there, or pulling a link from a video on YouTube.

I'm not regularly searching for it, and even then, I'm smart enough to realize that you need to take it with a grain of salt because... it's Infowars...  Which is something you're incapable of doing as you're programming has shown.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:06 AM, FundinStrongarm said:

The other thing I rather like about Trump is that he pisses off a bunch of the Democrats as they've had that coming for almost 30 years,

For all too many Trump supporters it boils down to that. No principles (since Trump has none) and no vision (he has none of that either). Just "hey, his lies piss off the people I hate". It is sad.

For all to many Democrats, this is how they interpret the Republican platform.  No principles, no vision.  Just "let's impeach Trump".  It is sad.

43 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

It is when you screw with their algorithm.

So then this isn't a clear sign of a progressive agenda?

When the top brass at Google is that far to the left, everything they are doing is done through a Democratic lens, as they think they have the right to tell us what to think.

I grew up and went to college in Western Colorado (which is basically Eastern Utah), so I know all about them too.  Perhaps you're Mormon too?  That would explain a lot, actually.

Or maybe I'm hitting too close to home and you have to deflect it.  All I'm saying with Trump is give him the benefit of the doubt, due process, and keep in mind that he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - unlike the zealous mob justice you seem to espouse as you've come off as defining him guilty of everything under the sun for winning the 2016 election.

Only place that appears periodically is drudgereport.com - which is also where I'm getting a fair amount of other news links.  Most of the stuff I've linked here is from there, or pulling a link from a video on YouTube.

I'm not regularly searching for it, and even then, I'm smart enough to realize that you need to take it with a grain of salt because... it's Infowars...  Which is something you're incapable of doing as you're programming has shown.

For all to many Democrats, this is how they interpret the Republican platform.  No principles, no vision.  Just "let's impeach Trump".  It is sad.

a4b.png

And then the MSM does stuff like this to hide favorable politicians dirty laundry (first 1:30 is the ABC clip completely uncut):

7 hours ago, Amenhir said:

a4b.png

And more proof that the left can't meme.....

Back early in this thread Almagnus wanted us to take a test so he could adjust his responses. I am no fool. A person of conviction doesn't amend their opinions based on what others say. Its been more than evident for most of this thread Alamgnus has been baiting, to see what bites. When ever he is locked locked, he skips passed those questions or statements, because he knows they reveal flaws, in his logic and his choice of endorsement. Often lacking substance and even more so, absent of content containing objective truth. Constantly siting any link by others as biased, when at every step, Almagnus uses sites of equal or more to depth bias. The sad part about him is, he is a Trumpeteer, because he couldn't handle a woman as Commander and Chief. I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, but not because she is a woman. Now, Almagnus is stuck supporting a moron, because it's, all he has. Choosing to wear one tinfoil hat as opposed to another one. Almagnus could wear Tim's hat, but what would Tim be without one?

I'm convinced Almagnus might be good at one thing, but choosing a President isn't it. Nearly everything sited in this thread by Almagnus about how Trump is intelligent, insightful, and on  track, is now proven to be false.

Everything from world and domestic policies including industry, agriculture, health and human resources are falling down one after another like dominoes. It's expected a recession is in the works. Which means a rise in unemployment, increased housing prices, increase in commodities. The fact the Fed lowered interest rates again has further implications, problems are on the horizon. Investment brokers are hesitant and only seek short term goals atm. Having the president use any and all means to obstruct his impending, impeachment is also contributing to his bad policy choices. In turn changing, how the finance markets make their daily choices. Once, consumer confidence is shaken it's all over for Trump.

Even now as I type this, Republican Senators are trying their best to find a way, to not convict Trump on the Articles of Impeachment, soon to be put in front of them. If Trump can't be put on a leash, Mcconnell will have no choice, but to urge his party to vote for removal of the President. All it will take is one word from Trump to piss off Mcconnell and its over. Honestly, I can see this happening, and at the end Trump will go apeshit crazy and call everyone treasonists, bastards. Do I think Mcconnell will stand aside and let Trump hang? You betcha I do. It has to be hard enough for Mcconnell to be the front man for his party, let alone having to deal with a crazy loon like Trump.

So, you fuckin idiot. You want to quote me and quip off some dumbass remark, then go ahead. But... just know this. I got your number buddy. :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So, not so much a refutation of what I said - just "Dems are bad too". Need a more grown-up response, imo, than my dad can beat up your dad. On the other hand, that's about Trump's level so not surprising.

And this is going to be a huge problem moving forward as we're at the point with tech where we can quite literally fabricate a convincing video where we make anyone say (or do) anything we want them to.  That's one of the problems I see with the entire swath of the cognitive services that Google, Amazon, and Microsoft offer as it's too easy to abuse them if the company that owns the APIs isn't tightly controlling access to those technologies.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-11-05/deep-fakes-2020-election-silicon-valley-cure

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

So, not so much a refutation of what I said - just "Dems are bad too". Need a more grown-up response, imo, than my dad can beat up your dad. On the other hand, that's about Trump's level so not surprising.

So why don't you actually go read (and not skim) my posts, read the links that I have posted, go watch the videos, and get back to me?

Oh wait, that's too much work for some lazy ideologue who just wants to run around screaming "ORANGE MAN BAD! REPUBLICANS ARE ALL EVIL!"

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Back early in this thread Almagnus wanted us to take a test so he could adjust his responses.

And also understand where everyone is coming from.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

I am no fool. A person of conviction doesn't amend their opinions based on what others say.

No, they learn how to put their message in a way others can understand it.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Its been more than evident for most of this thread Alamgnus has been baiting to see what bites.

Describe yourself much?

1 hour ago, Splay said:

When ever he is locked locked, he skips passed those questions or statements because he knows they reveal flaws in his logic and his choice of endorsement.

Which is why you keep dodging points that I keep making when they completely blow apart your narrative and can't counter them.

But then again, expecting you not to be a bad faith actor is a bit too high of an expectation, no?

3 hours ago, MueR said:

Oh right, I'm sorry that the project doesn't meet your standard orthodox progressivism, so it must therefore be discarded because it hasn't received the blessing of the Democrats and it is heresy otherwise.  Which also makes it all to convenient to ignore a clip from ABC where they are talking about hiding information on the Epstein stuff... as it's from a heretical source...

----

So https://news.yahoo.com/internet-less-free-decade-ago-050100696.html is an interesting read, as this sums it up in a nutshell:

The internet is less free than it was a decade ago, and it’s getting worse as some governments expand efforts to use social media to manipulate elections and monitor citizens, according to Freedom House, a Washington-based pro-democracy group.

Which basically means we're at 1984's doorstep... which isn't a problem... until you wrongthink.

46 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Which is why you keep dodging points that I keep making when they completely blow apart your narrative and can't counter them.

But then again, expecting you not to be a bad faith actor is a bit too high of an expectation, no?

And those would be?

Wait... You made none that weren't shot to hell by the progress of events which have already unfolded.

Have a mug of STFU and go sit at the kiddie table.

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So why don't you actually go read (and not skim) my posts, read the links that I have posted, go watch the videos, and get back to me?

Oh wait, that's too much work for some lazy ideologue who just wants to run around screaming "ORANGE MAN BAD! REPUBLICANS ARE ALL EVIL!"

Huh? I'm talking about your specific reference that you like Trump because he pisses off the people you think have it coming. What's that got to do with some of your posts?

I don't think Republicans are all evil. I would have been one for the last 25+ years had I lived in the US. I just think it's sad how much they have to twist themselves into knots trying to justify the 14-year-old in the oval office.

It's sad how they are still fighting about the whistleblower when there's now about half-a-dozen witnesses who have corroborated the quid pro quo over Ukraine.

Anyways, carry on.

In other news, Andy Beshear, a Democrat, beat incumbent Matt Bevin for the governorship of Kentucky.  Of course, as expected, Matt Bevin refuses to concede.

9 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Of course, as expected, Matt Bevin refuses to concede.

I don't see your point. Why "of course"?

6 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I don't see your point. Why "of course"?

Certain political parties have had a tendency of claiming voter fraud.   Bevin mentioned "irregularities" but provided no examples.  When I read that Beshear had won, my first thought was "I bet Bevin refuses to concede."  I foresee this being a regular occurrence with upcoming elections.  Consider it thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Certain political parties have had a tendency of claiming voter fraud.   Bevin mentioned "irregularities" but provided no examples.  When I read that Beshear had won, my first thought was "I bet Bevin refuses to concede."  I foresee this being a regular occurrence with upcoming elections.  Consider it thinking out loud.

So in other words, your bias led you into making a false assumption. A simple google search when I last posted found this:

WASHINGTON — As the tally of votes in Kentucky's race for governor drew to a close late Tuesday night, Democrat Andy Beshear held a lead of a few thousand votes over Republican incumbent Matthew Bevin out of more than 1.4 million votes counted.

Beshear declared victory and Democrats celebrated, but The Associated Press decided the race was too close to call.

Here's why.

Beshear's lead of a little over 5,000 votes is less than 0.4 percentage points. That's inside the margin that would trigger a recount in most states, and it's AP policy not to call races that could go to a recount. We want to avoid taking sides in a disputed election.

There is no mandatory recount law in Kentucky. However, on Wednesday, Bevin requested that counties recanvass their results. A recanvass is not a recount, but rather a check of the vote count to ensure the results were added up correctly. Bevin could also seek a recount in court, and on Tuesday night, he refused to concede

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/11/06/us/politics/ap-us-ap-explains-kentucky-governor.html

2 hours ago, Bohemond said:

So in other words, your bias led you into making a false assumption. A simple google search when I last posted found this:

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/11/06/us/politics/ap-us-ap-explains-kentucky-governor.html

it wasn't a false assumption.  He refused to concede.  Ask me if I give a fuck, go ahead ask me. 🤣  Kentucky doesn't have such a law.  If he wants a recount, he's going to have to pay.  

56 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

He refused to concede

You said more than that:

5 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Certain political parties have had a tendency of claiming voter fraud

This was your false assumption based on nothing but your simple minded biases.

5 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Consider it thinking out loud

Given how emotionally you've expressed yourself in this thread, I suspect you never really do that, out loud or otherwise.

5 hours ago, Bohemond said:

You said more than that:

This was your false assumption based on nothing but your simple minded biases.

Given how emotionally you've expressed yourself in this thread, I suspect you never really do that, out loud or otherwise.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/09/florida-and-arizona-elections-why-republicans-claiming-voter-fraud/1947000002/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bogus-voter-fraud-claims/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/08/bogus-claim-of-voter-fraud-in-ohio/
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/kobachs-bogus-proof-voter-fraud/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bad-math-leads-to-bogus-voter-fraud-claim/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/false-headline-revives-voter-fraud-claim/
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/more-voter-fraud-misinformation-from-trump/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/two-more-arrested-in-connection-to-alleged-north-carolina-election-fraud  <This one was committed by Republicans.  tee hee hee.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/factcheck/ Overall, Factcheck.org is a least biased and credible fact checker that is Very High for factual reporting due to impeccable sourcing of information.

Edit:  Almost forgot, eat shit.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, FundinStrongarm said:

Huh? I'm talking about your specific reference that you like Trump because he pisses off the people you think have it coming. What's that got to do with some of your posts?

I don't think Republicans are all evil. I would have been one for the last 25+ years had I lived in the US. I just think it's sad how much they have to twist themselves into knots trying to justify the 14-year-old in the oval office.

It's sad how they are still fighting about the whistleblower when there's now about half-a-dozen witnesses who have corroborated the quid pro quo over Ukraine.

Anyways, carry on.

I think a large part of it is the very clear schism where we have two completely incompatible political cultures (the Republican one and the Democratic one) within the US, and we're getting to a point where they are ceasing to co-exist peacefully.  There's been a lot of good things that has happened (like https://www.google.com/search?q=us+unemployment+rate&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US821&oq=us+une&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.1927j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 and https://abcnews.go.com/Health/trump-signs-18-billion-autism-cares-act/story?id=66002425 are two that come to mind), but the news media NEVER reports the good, yet Obama was the media darling.  Frankly, most Republicans are at the point where they're ready to just run roughshod over the Democrats.

What's interesting about Kentucky is how the breakdown of population goes, especially when you compare https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/your-local-election-hq/kentucky-voter-turnout-was-42/ to http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/kentucky-population/ , as it's clear that the cities like Democrats, yet the countryside favors Republicans.  That's been much the case with Washington, as it honestly doesn't matter what the state votes as King County (aka Seattle) decides all policies for the state.  That means that the cities are dictating policy for the countryside which may very well be detrimental for the countryside because the Democrats tend to be arrogant (as clearly demonstrated in this thread), so will never admit when they got it wrong.

That kinda ties into the Ukraine stuff, as (IMO) there's too much dust in the air to get a clear reading on a situation that initially looked like it was basically a Democratic impeachment fishing expedition.  While I still suspect it's very much a nothing-burger, I'm open to evidence that may disprove that assumption.  What concerns me is that the Democrats basically have the numbers to declare Trump impeached despite what the Republicans can do, and the Democrats can also vote down the Republicans calling on witnesses that may disprove the Democrat narrative, so I'm not expecting the House to do this fairly and Trump getting impeached is (IMO) a forgone conclusion solely due to how the Democrats behave regardless of the actual evidence.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that if you can't laugh off what Trump is doing most of the time (as most of his antics are quite literally Trump trolling), he's going to drive you mad because you're likely too thin skinned to laugh it off - which is why I'm not overly bothered by his Twitter account.  IMO he's done good enough (overall) that I'm not going to feel bad about voting for him again.  Trump causing people to lose their shit is just icing on the cake 😃 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Splay said:

And those would be?

Why don't you actually go read my posts and find out...

Oh wait, a collegiate writing level is too hard for you kindergarten mind to digest.

27 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I think a large part of it is the very clear schism where we have two completely incompatible political cultures (the Republican one and the Democratic one) within the US, and we're getting to a point where they are ceasing to co-exist peacefully.  There's been a lot of good things that has happened (like https://www.google.com/search?q=us+unemployment+rate&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US821&oq=us+une&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.1927j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 and https://abcnews.go.com/Health/trump-signs-18-billion-autism-cares-act/story?id=66002425 are two that come to mind), but the news media NEVER reports the good, yet Obama was the media darling.  Frankly, most Republicans are at the point where they're ready to just run roughshod over the Democrats.

What's interesting about Kentucky is how the breakdown of population goes, especially when you compare https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/your-local-election-hq/kentucky-voter-turnout-was-42/ to http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/kentucky-population/ , as it's clear that the cities like Democrats, yet the countryside favors Republicans.  That's been much the case with Washington, as it honestly doesn't matter what the state votes as King County (aka Seattle) decides all policies for the state.  That means that the cities are dictating policy for the countryside which may very well be detrimental for the countryside because the Democrats tend to be arrogant (as clearly demonstrated in this thread), so will never admit when they got it wrong.

That kinda ties into the Ukraine stuff, as (IMO) there's too much dust in the air to get a clear reading on a situation that initially looked like it was basically a Democratic impeachment fishing expedition.  While I still suspect it's very much a nothing-burger, I'm open to evidence that may disprove that assumption.  What concerns me is that the Democrats basically have the numbers to declare Trump impeached despite what the Republicans can do, and the Democrats can also vote down the Republicans calling on witnesses that may disprove the Democrat narrative, so I'm not expecting the House to do this fairly and Trump getting impeached is (IMO) a forgone conclusion solely due to how the Democrats behave regardless of the actual evidence.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that if you can't laugh off what Trump is doing most of the time (as most of his antics are quite literally Trump trolling), he's going to drive you mad because you're likely too thin skinned to laugh it off - which is why I'm not overly bothered by his Twitter account.  IMO he's done good enough (overall) that I'm not going to feel bad about voting for him again.  Trump causing people to lose their shit is just icing on the cake 😃 

Why don't you actually go read my posts and find out...

Oh wait, a collegiate writing level is too hard for you kindergarten mind to digest.

Well, I see you finally conceded to the obvious. The Impeachment will take place. The part you missed is there is an "actual reason" to go through the civics lesson we call due process. Who is to say, when at some point, Republicans will, in the future control the House of Representatives, and enter into the same process directed to that current president. Here is the kicker bright boy. They will need a reason to do so, much like what the moment has brought to us in this present day.

I know just participating in this thread, your memory is short and very selective. So I'll remind you of my first post in this thread.

And I quote.

"A Democratic Republic under a two party system doesn't work. By siding slightly one way or the other, lumps sensible citizens into groups controlled by extreme prevailing views. So, no matter what one particular candidate looks appealing, at any given moment, for any person, nothing will change. Morons to the Left, Morons to the Right. One step forward, two steps back. Line dancing at its finest."

So... Will you as a US citizen seek revenge just for the sake of it, continuing the endless line dance, that is the circular redoubts, of the current political surreal, illusionary, just to be a vindictive ass?

Don't bother. I already know your answer. The sad part is so does every other US American. Personally for me in knowing this, is why I stated early on, I'd as soon see it all burn. Hoping your ass didn't make it to the other side of chaos.

But, again... I know even if our whole system of government took a shit and all the land was ablaze, it would eventually lead to the same ends, in another future day. You see, I know there are way too many beta males like you driveling their way through this world. Who are angry they know their station. When in another time, you'd have never been spawned.

22 minutes ago, Splay said:

So... Will you as a US citizen seek revenge just for the sake of it, continuing the endless line dance, that is the circular redoubts, of the current political surreal, illusionary, just to be a vindictive ass?

Don't bother. I already know your answer.

Oh, so then what is the answer?  I'd like to see how far off your screwed up viewpoint is from reality.

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

Oh, so then what is the answer?  I'd like to see how far off your screwed up viewpoint is from reality.

It doesn't surprise me with your collegiate writing level, you some how missed the obvious. Go back and use your interconnected webs of thinking and the answer might appear to you. :Y

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that if you can't laugh off what Trump is doing most of the time (as most of his antics are quite literally Trump trolling), he's going to drive you mad because you're likely too thin skinned to laugh it off - which is why I'm not overly bothered by his Twitter account.  IMO he's done good enough (overall) that I'm not going to feel bad about voting for him again.  Trump causing people to lose their shit is just icing on the cake 😃 

Trolling? The President being a troll is the excuse for his Twitter idiocy now? Like his fawning praise of Erdogan? Is that a troll or what he really thinks or are we supposed to laugh it off? Or, maybe each tweet is a toss up. I'd rather go with Occam's Razor and recognize he's a narcissist with very thin skin and leave it at that.

I have no horse in the race, but Trump is absolutely hilarious. I don't understand how you could furrow your brow and get all hot under the collar when he speaks or tweets. He is undoubtedly a troll, both intentionally and unintentionally. 

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that if you can't laugh off what Trump is doing most of the time (as most of his antics are quite literally Trump trolling), he's going to drive you mad because you're likely too thin skinned to laugh it off - which is why I'm not overly bothered by his Twitter account.  IMO he's done good enough (overall) that I'm not going to feel bad about voting for him again.  Trump causing people to lose their shit is just icing on the cake 😃 

Trolling? The President being a troll is the excuse for his Twitter idiocy now? Like his fawning praise of Erdogan? Is that a troll or what he really thinks or are we supposed to laugh it off? Or, maybe each tweet is a toss up. I'd rather go with Occam's Razor and recognize he's a narcissist with very thin skin and leave it at that.

I don't see both being mutually exclusive =P

1 hour ago, Splay said:

It doesn't surprise me with your collegiate writing level, you some how missed the obvious. Go back and use your interconnected webs of thinking and the answer might appear to you. :Y

In this case, I'd rather have you spell it out so there's zero room for error on your position.

... unless you don't have the spine for it.