LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

Well, I think everyone knew already that there aren't really high chances that Trump will be impeached, because around 1/3rd of Republican senators will have to vote in favour. As long as Trump doesn't do something really stupid, which can't be denied/ignored ánd also alienates a huge group of the republican voters, a senator will commit political suicide by voting for Trump. And since most politicians are attached to their power and have that power by the grace of their voters, they won't quickly vote for impeachment. And some will/can be persuaded, but not enough.

The question is, if you truly believe Trump is misusing his presidency for personal gain at the cost of the USA, should you start, even if it is with only a small chance of succes, such a procedure.

I'd say yes. I'd prefer a politician that does what he believes is good for the country instead good for himself. Though a part of the democrats will probably do it for personal gain. No difference between democrats/republicans i guess ;)

The front page of Drudgereport is a hoot...

"Ambassador followed President's orders"

"Giuliani pushed quid pro quo"

"Everyone was in the loop"

The actual testimony from today and yesterday (which included the Republican witnesses) is proving what we already know:  Trump is a crook.  What is truly fascinating...looking at how far the Republicans will go to deny that truth.

https://www.drudgereport.com/

So the great irony about the Trump/Ukraine thing, the more they dig into it, the stronger the case against Hunter Biden becomes...

Especially since the little shit got a $16.5M payout from Burisma.

https://tass.com/world/1090971

4 hours ago, Thrabath said:

The question is, if you truly believe Trump is misusing his presidency for personal gain at the cost of the USA, should you start, even if it is with only a small chance of succes, such a procedure.

I'd say yes. I'd prefer a politician that does what he believes is good for the country instead good for himself. Though a part of the democrats will probably do it for personal gain.

However, you've really got to have more than a game of telephone and a desire to throw the President out of office for it to succeed, otherwise you completely shutdown any possibility of impeachment as it's effectively a cry of "WOLF!" in the city center.

4 hours ago, Thrabath said:

No difference between democrats/republicans i guess ;)

And that's likely because of corruption, and one of the reasons why I want to see term limits on the senators and representatives - as it makes it harder for corruption to sink in if you have to redo it about every decade.  Otherwise, there's not a whole lot of difference between those that have been there for decades... as they all need to go.

Just now, Papi said:

The front page of Drudgereport is a hoot...

"Ambassador followed President's orders"

"Giuliani pushed quid pro quo"

"Everyone was in the loop"

The actual testimony from today and yesterday (which included the Republican witnesses) is proving what we already know:  Trump is a crook.  What is truly fascinating...looking at how far the Republicans will go to deny that truth.

https://www.drudgereport.com/

So let's talk about Hunter Biden's payout from Burisma and how Joe Biden helped secure that, shall we?

---

Something that may be useful is a full look at the timeline, especially the ties with Biden that started this whole mess, including Manafort's hand in this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/trump-impeachment-timeline/

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

So the great irony about the Trump/Ukraine thing, the more they dig into it, the stronger the case against Hunter Biden becomes...

Except that it doesn't.  Several witnesses--including those called by the Republicans (hoping to support their narrative)--have testified as much during the impeachment inquiry.  It's worth noting you cited a Russian News Agency link to back up your ridiculous claim. I mean...whatever it takes, right?

5 hours ago, Papi said:

Except that it doesn't.  Several witnesses--including those called by the Republicans (hoping to support their narrative)--have testified as much during the impeachment inquiry.  It's worth noting you cited a Russian News Agency link to back up your ridiculous claim. I mean...whatever it takes, right?

Hey, at least I'm doing the researching and not listening to the nightly TV for my approved programming.  I mean...whatever it takes, right?

--

This Lt Col not only fails to follow his chain of command, but he's following the directions of a lawyer instead of following the normal procedures for whistleblowing.

In other words, his lying and incompetent ass should be given a dishonorable discharged and stripped of rank.  Interesting part is at time offset t=15699

I see Almagnus is still rambling. Holding a sign that says.

I want nothing!

While Trump goes to the hospital to get a script of Warfarin. Cause you know when your head is about to explode, M&Ms candy just won't do.

Thirty days to go. Will Trump make it until then alive?

Historically, I'll always think of you, Almagnus when I see an asterisk after Trump's name denoting he was impeached. I'll post a summary of lol's after that day as a final post in this thread.

Until then, can I offer you a slice of pizza? 🍕 

And.... here's proof that nothing has remained unchanged and that the Democrats have failed to swing the moderates:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780540637/poll-americans-overwhelmingly-say-impeachment-hearings-wont-change-their-minds

56 minutes ago, Splay said:

<incoherent ramblings of a butt hurt libtard>

Strange I thought you were....

On 11/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, Splay said:

I'm pretty much done with this topic.

Then again, hypocrisy and a complete unwillingness to live your principles are hallmarks of the modern Democratic party.

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Hey, at least I'm doing the researching and not listening to the nightly TV for my approved programming.  I mean...whatever it takes, right?

And by "doing research" you mean believing conspiracy theories promoted by a government owned Russian news agency?  Honestly, coming from you not so surprising.

I'll take listening to live, un-edited testimony from key witness over your delusional ranting any day of the week.

15 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Especially since the little shit got a $16.5M payout from Burisma.

https://tass.com/world/1090971

However, you've really got to have more than a game of telephone and a desire to throw the President out of office for it to succeed, otherwise you completely shutdown any possibility of impeachment as it's effectively a cry of "WOLF!" in the city center.

And that's likely because of corruption, and one of the reasons why I want to see term limits on the senators and representatives - as it makes it harder for corruption to sink in if you have to redo it about every decade.  Otherwise, there's not a whole lot of difference between those that have been there for decades... as they all need to go.

So let's talk about Hunter Biden's payout from Burisma and how Joe Biden helped secure that, shall we?

---

Something that may be useful is a full look at the timeline, especially the ties with Biden that started this whole mess, including Manafort's hand in this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/trump-impeachment-timeline/

True, I've always wondered why Presidents are term-limited and other public elected functions are not, in almost all countries of the world; And having it a little longer (president 8 years, other public functions 16 f.e.) isn't that bad, since experience is a positive factor - and almost all becoming president already have political experience - but too much increases the chances of corruption.

3 hours ago, Thrabath said:

True, I've always wondered why Presidents are term-limited and other public elected functions are not, in almost all countries of the world; And having it a little longer (president 8 years, other public functions 16 f.e.) isn't that bad, since experience is a positive factor - and almost all becoming president already have political experience - but too much increases the chances of corruption.

The founding fathers did not intend for congress to be a lifelong career.  After they were done with their business they went back home.  They received a stipend depending on how far they had to travel.  Up until FDR, there weren't any term limits on presidents, that's why he won four terms.  Some people were not happy about that so the 22nd amendment was passed in 1947.  Both Democrats and Republicans have tried over the years to repeal the amendment.  However, states have to ratify all constitutional amendments and it takes 38/50 states to do so.  It is unlikely that such a measure would ever be ratified.  

Term limits for congress would be extremely wonderful.  Unfortunately, they would never vote for anything that limits their power.  Congress also votes to give themselves raises. How does that make sense?  Imagine going up to your boss and telling them that you've all voted to give everyone a 30% raise, and they have to comply.  I would think that term limits on Congress would have to be something the states take up as a unified front.  

9 hours ago, Papi said:

And by "doing research" you mean believing conspiracy theories promoted by a government owned Russian news agency?  Honestly, coming from you not so surprising.

Actually, I don't believe in conspiracy theories... unlike libtards that drank the KoolAid on the Trump/Russia conspiracy theory....

9 hours ago, Papi said:

I'll take listening to live, un-edited testimony from key witness over your delusional ranting any day of the week.

So I take it you're also considering the CSPN link as "conspiracy theory footage", eh?

7 hours ago, Thrabath said:

Eh, I'm not sure, as having lawyers write your laws is how you end up with these thousand page atrocities that gets passed that no one really knows what they passed (like what happenned with Obamacare). Meanwhile, the rubes towing the party line will take whatever soundbytes they've been told and shame others into locking step with their idiocy.

Obama proved you don't need experience, and that it's possible for a total noob to be totally corrupt - as the more I'm seeing about the Obama administration, the more I'm starting to suspect it was one of the most corrupt in a very, very long time.

3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

The founding fathers did not intend for congress to be a lifelong career.  After they were done with their business they went back home.  They received a stipend depending on how far they had to travel.  Up until FDR, there weren't any term limits on presidents, that's why he won four terms.  Some people were not happy about that so the 22nd amendment was passed in 1947.  Both Democrats and Republicans have tried over the years to repeal the amendment.  However, states have to ratify all constitutional amendments and it takes 38/50 states to do so.  It is unlikely that such a measure would ever be ratified.  

Term limits for congress would be extremely wonderful.  Unfortunately, they would never vote for anything that limits their power.  Congress also votes to give themselves raises. How does that make sense?  Imagine going up to your boss and telling them that you've all voted to give everyone a 30% raise, and they have to comply.  I would think that term limits on Congress would have to be something the states take up as a unified front.  

You need to go read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution again.  You're forgetting about the convention approach where the citizens can force an amendment to the constitution - which is how we got the 21st Amendment.

And on a very interesting note, with Chick-fil-A recently cutting donations to their charities (one of which is the Salvation Army), I find it amusing that the Salvation Army got branded as anti-LGBT because they openly admit to helping the LGBT+ in the US as seen on https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/ .

This kind of disingenuous, anti-Christian news coverage is one of the reasons why I strongly suspect most of the news reporting is heavily biased towards the left.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Actually, I don't believe in conspiracy theories... unlike libtards that drank the KoolAid on the Trump/Russia conspiracy theory....

And yet, you promote one by linking a government owned Russian news agency trying to spread a debunked conspiracy theory.  

47 minutes ago, Papi said:

And yet, you promote one by linking a government owned Russian news agency trying to spread a debunked conspiracy theory.  

So you're saying that it naming the amount is part of a conspiracy theory, yet https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/trump-impeachment-timeline/ is not one, despite the Washington Post article saying:

May 13, 2014

Hunter Biden, a son of then-U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, joins the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings. It is owned by oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, one of several subjects of the Ukrainian corruption probe.

That article is referenceing https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/05/14/hunter-bidens-new-job-at-a-ukrainian-gas-company-is-a-problem-for-u-s-soft-power/ by the way.

But then again, since you are stuck in the same conspiracy theory that @Splay and @Amenhir are stuck in, it's a bit like expecting a flat-earther to claim that the round earth conspiracy theory is a thing.

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And.... here's proof that nothing has remained unchanged and that the Democrats have failed to swing the moderates:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780540637/poll-americans-overwhelmingly-say-impeachment-hearings-wont-change-their-minds

Strange I thought you were....

Then again, hypocrisy and a complete unwillingness to live your principles are hallmarks of the modern Democratic party.

You have an interesting way of understanding reading comprehension. Really though, I know you don't misunderstand. Its that bad faith thing going on. Are you so desperate for discourse, all you can do while in the face of inevitability, is to taunt troll? Are you so lonely and bitter because of it, all you can do is be a complete ass?

Trump will be impeached. Get passed this fact and move on. Having the Senate refuse to convict him on any Articles doesn't really matter. Trump's Presidency will forever be stained with the word, Impeached. Don't be so sure he won't be convicted just because Republicans control the Senate. Also, Trump has to deal with all of this still after his Presidency term has expired. No near future President will pardon Trump and if by chance and time he is, he'll have already been sentenced. Yes sentenced. The guy is going to a prison, though it wouldn't surprise me to learn in the future he flees to Russia.

You keep whining about Hunter Biden every time someone shows you the current corruption going on in the White House, like as if this is somehow far more important. It isn't and it won't be. You should move passed that as well.

Perhaps you should go home and help your family keep their farm.

As I said, after Trump is impeached, I'll post one last time in this thread. Until then, grow the fuck up and put on some big boy pants.

10 minutes ago, Splay said:

Its that bad faith thing going on.

You should be proud that you taught me something =D

Trump will be impeached.

From the numbers alone, I do not doubt the Democrats are going to proceed despite whatever collateral damage this may do the United States - as they assume this political move will strengthen their weakened field for 2020.

Don't be so sure he won't be convicted just because Republicans control the Senate.

And don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Also, Trump has to deal with all of this still after his Presidency term has expired. No near future President will pardon Trump and if by chance and time he is, he'll have already been sentenced. Yes sentenced. The guy is going to a prison, though it wouldn't surprise me to learn in the future he flees to Russia.

And this is more than enough proof that you're not attached to reality and stuck in the libtard echo chamber.

You keep whining about Hunter Biden every time someone shows you the current corruption going on in the White House, like as if this is somehow far more important. 

If it wasn't for Hunter Biden (and the probe looking into his activities) Trump would not be looking into Ukraine.  I'm not really surprised you keep overlooking this fact as you are so desperate to throw out Trump.

Perhaps you should go home and help your family keep their farm.

I make far more in the tech industry, thank you very much.  Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if I out earned most of the board.

As I said, after Trump is impeached, I'll post one last time in this thread.

Right... like how you quit the thread earlier?  You're just as weak willed as those idiots from the official LotRO forums that keeps saying they'll quit... yet keeps coming back.

Until then, grow the fuck up and put on some big boy pants.

You first.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You should be proud that you taught me something =D

From the numbers alone, I do not doubt the Democrats are going to proceed despite whatever collateral damage this may do the United States - as they assume this political move will strengthen their weakened field for 2020.

And don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And this is more than enough proof that you're not attached to reality and stuck in the libtard echo chamber.

If it wasn't for Hunter Biden (and the probe looking into his activities) Trump would not be looking into Ukraine.  I'm not really surprised you keep overlooking this fact as you are so desperate to throw out Trump.

I make far more in the tech industry, thank you very much.  Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if I out earned most of the board.

Right... like how you quit the thread earlier?  You're just as weak willed as those idiots from the official LotRO forums that keeps saying they'll quit... yet keeps coming back.

You first.

For the love of Jesus' butthole, stop multi-quoting everything.  What you just said could have been condensed into a single paragraph, yet you felt the need to fill up 2/3rds of a page.  We're all smarter than you.  You don't have to break down every sentence.  We can follow your bullshit very easily.

45 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

For the love of Jesus' butthole, stop multi-quoting everything.  What you just said could have been condensed into a single paragraph, yet you felt the need to fill up 2/3rds of a page.

No

We're all smarter than you.

main-qimg-543caa158f86b7f5f6dde8f362c5c7

You don't have to break down every sentence.  We can follow your bullshit very easily.

If so, why did you ask me to simplify it?

---

So if you are truly smarter then me, then that assumes that you get paid more, right?

---

If you're really going to play the intelligence card, do you have a masters or PhD?

11 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if I out earned most of the board.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Now I'm curious how much you earn ;)

On a more serious note, based on what is said and what I see/hear in the news here in Europe I'm quite convinced that Trump crossed one or more lines he shouldn't have crossed. But I also think it's true that, like he said himself, he can shoot somebody on the street and get away with it. There are 2 ways I see Trump leaving: 1. He has a health issue, so can't continue; 2. Republicans will stop supporting him because of a reason and will help getting him impeached. If they see he is losing, they will, like almost all politicians, just say they never really supported him ;)

2 hours ago, Thrabath said:

Now I'm curious how much you earn ;)

All I'm going to say is that it's between $100k and $200k.  You can't do that if you're dumb.

On a more serious note, based on what is said and what I see/hear in the news here in Europe I'm quite convinced that Trump crossed one or more lines he shouldn't have crossed.

I think this is a framing issue more so than anything else, as one very plausible explanation for all of this is that he saw something in the Russia collusion stuff that pointed to corruption, and rather than trusting the FBI to do their job, picked a personal lawyer to act as a private investigator.  While that's definitely not a normal approach, I don't fault him especially since how the FBI drug him with the Trump/Russia probe.

But I also think it's true that, like he said himself, he can shoot somebody on the street and get away with it.

That was hyperbole, and most normal people would realize that.  No one in the US is above the law (or rather they shouldn't be).  That goes for cankles.

There are 2 ways I see Trump leaving: 1. He has a health issue, so can't continue;

The only health issue that would remove Trump from office is death.

2. Republicans will stop supporting him because of a reason and will help getting him impeached.

I think what most are missing here is that even if he gets impeached, the Senate still has to convict and remove him, and Trump would definitely fight it all the way to the removal.  That said, if something conclusive hasn't been turned up (which AFAIK it hasn't), the Senate isn't going to convict him.  In other words, the outcome I see happening is that Trump gets impeached and no one cares, while all the Democrats succeed at doing is alienating themselves from the rest of the country - which kinda goes with what I've been seeing in some of the news articles.

28 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

All I'm going to say is that it's between $100k and $200k.  You can't do that if you're dumb.

Yes you can, there was a guy on TV in the UK last night arguing that him earning over £80k did not mean he was in the top 5% of earners in the UK, he argued he wasn't in the top 50%.  

It takes a special type of person to brag about their yearly salary in an effort to boast about their intelligence.  If you didn't come across as a brainwashed, close minded Trump blow-hard no one would question your intelligence.  Alas...