LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

1 hour ago, Doro said:

I saw it, but him stumbling over himself doesn't then mean he's lying about being in the room and having first-hand knowledge of the call. It means he's probably covering up his supposed immediate disagreement with the contents of the call.

It also shows he's being dishonest.

The great irony with the impeachment proceedings is that it's turning moderates against the Democratic party as there hasn't been any new information aside from what was there prior to open proceedings... which indicates that the entire thing is a whole bunch of BS.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

The Republicans have been trying to get people to identify (intentionally or unintentionally) the whistleblower--that is why Schiff stepped in during the testimony.  His testimony wasn't falling part, if anything he made Nunes look like a buffoon.

So what does it really matter WHO the whistleblower is.  Get them on the witness stand, let them be cross-examined WITHOUT being interrupted.

And also, the entire quid pro quo thing can be used to describe almost any foreign policy done by the United States as we have a very long history of using our aid to get other countries to do our bidding... why should it be any different with Ukraine - especially since our interests look like they align.

And no, beating Biden is not a valid reason because Trump would beat him so savagely in an election it'd be worth seeing for the memes alone.

It's hard to reach common ground when people deny simple, obvious facts for no other reason that it doesn't fit their narrative or they just can't admit when they are wrong.

Your opinion =/= fact

There is no discussion to be had with people like that.

Might be if you pull your head out of your ass.

9 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

The great irony with the impeachment proceedings is that it's turning moderates against the Democratic party...

So what does it really matter WHO the whistleblower is.  Get them on the witness stand, let them be cross-examined WITHOUT being interrupted.

And also, the entire quid pro quo thing can be used to describe almost any foreign policy done by the United States as we have a very long history of using our aid to get other countries to do our bidding... why should it be any different with Ukraine - especially since our interests look like they align.

Your opinion =/= fact

Might be if you pull your head out of your ass.

No, it doesn't.

Have you seen that in your crystal ball or did you get that from your favorite source--government owned Russian news outlets.

Who they are is irrelevant--but the fact that they have come forward, complied with the law, means they are afforded certain levels of protection.  That should be obvious. 

No foreign policy should include a quid pro quo for dirt on a political rival in an upcoming election.  Again, that should be obvious.

There were two witnesses with first hand knowledge of the call.  That isn't an opinion, that is a fact.  

I mean, you've spent the last two pages of this thread being wrong, but sure...

24 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You can tell when one person is being dishonest just by watching the interview? At the same time can't see how much Trump constantly lies. Trump can't go a day without lying 2 dozen times or more. He lies so much and so often, he gets pissy when WH staff take notes. He lies so often, he has now secluded himself in the WH residence to do a good part of his daily Presidential duties. He does what ever he can to avoid being confronted about his lies, even to himself. All through the last 3 plus years and you can't see that once?

Trump epitomizes the word LIAR, and you can insist another is lying without proof?

Well, at least you'll make a mediocre, used car salesman one day when you grow up.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

You can tell when one person is being dishonest just by watching the interview? At the same time can't see how much Trump constantly lies. Trump can't go a day without lying 2 dozen times or more. He lies so much and so often, he gets pissy when WH staff take notes. He lies so often, he has now secluded himself in the WH residence to do a good part of his daily Presidential duties. He does what ever he can to avoid being confronted about his lies, even to himself. All through the last 3 plus years and you can't see that once?

Trump epitomizes the word LIAR, and you can insist another is lying without proof?

Well, at least you'll make a mediocre, used car salesman one day when you grow up.

Trump doesn't lie, he uses alternative facts

Imagine if the whistle-blower hadn't come forward.  Trump released the aid on 9/11.  It was going to expire on the 30th.  I believe that if Trump hadn't been outed he would have let the aid expire.  There is a reason everyone knows that Biden threatened to withhold aid if they didn't fire that prosecutor, and that is because it was done out in the open.  It wasn't done by Biden's personal lawyer, and it wasn't done because he heard from a guy, who heard from another guy, that saw a post-it note, that some guy running for office did some illegal stuff.

What would have happened if Obama had been withholding promised aid and then called up a foreign leader and said: "Hey, do me a favor, I heard Mitt Romney has been doing some shady stuff over there, and I want to you to look into that."  The shit would have hit the fan so hard they would have been scrubbing the Oval office carpet for years.

This whole thing was serving the interest of two parties, Trump's and Putin's.  It wasn't for Ukraine's benefit, nor ours.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that I have zero, ZERO, allegiance to Joe Biden.  If he's guilty of something, then fuck em'.  If they decide that nepotism is a criminal offense then charge him.  Of course, that will never happen because Trump is the biggest nepotist of them all.

1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

What would have happened if Obama had been withholding promised aid and then called up a foreign leader and said: "Hey, do me a favor, I heard Mitt Romney has been doing some shady stuff over there, and I want to you to look into that."  The shit would have hit the fan so hard they would have been scrubbing the Oval office carpet for years.

You mean like how Biden told Ukraine "Fire this guy and  have this company hire my son or you don't get any aid?"

So where's the fallout when a Democrat does a quid-pro-quo?

4 hours ago, Papi said:

Have you seen that in your crystal ball or did you get that from your favorite source--government owned Russian news outlets.

I have no idea why you have this obsession with Russia.  Sure you're not a Russian immigrant?

4 hours ago, Papi said:

No foreign policy should include a quid pro quo for dirt on a political rival in an upcoming election.  Again, that should be obvious.

So are you saying Biden did nothing wrong?  The political rival thing is pure coincidence.  I mean, have you seriously watched Biden?  It's like watching your senile grandpa with a foot in death's door attempt to be relevant to impress the great-great-grandchildren and it's gone from being somewhat adorkable to just plain sad.

4 hours ago, Papi said:

There were two witnesses with first hand knowledge of the call.  That isn't an opinion, that is a fact.  

No, there's not.  Vindman does not have first hand knowledge of the call.  Vindman was about to name the person that did, then Schiff shut him up, as clearly seen in the link that I gave to the CSPAN coverage.  Watch the damn footage already and stop parroting the bullshit you've swallowed.

4 hours ago, Papi said:

I mean, you've spent the last two pages of this thread being wrong, but sure...

Better than you being wrong the entire thread.

4 hours ago, Splay said:

You can tell when one person is being dishonest just by watching the interview?

You can read a lot from someone by watching how they're reacting since there's a lot of information in body language, facial expression, and how they vocalize their words (emotion/emphasis among other things).  It's not only what they're saying, but also how they're saying it.  I thought that was obvious and didn't need explaining?

4 hours ago, Splay said:

At the same time can't see how much Trump constantly lies. Trump can't go a day without lying 2 dozen times or more. He lies so much and so often, he gets pissy when WH staff take notes. He lies so often, he has now secluded himself in the WH residence to do a good part of his daily Presidential duties. He does what ever he can to avoid being confronted about his lies, even to himself. All through the last 3 plus years and you can't see that once?

At least I have a level view of the world, unlike someone who's so deranged they are convinced that Trump never tells the truth.

4 hours ago, Splay said:

If it makes you sleep better at night, keep deluding yourself.  Then again, maybe that is your actual profession... although judging how you react I would have guessed you're either a mover,  janitor, day laborer, or garbage collector as you greatly remind me of that one guy that's got the lowest paying job... yet is 110% sure of everything and keeps rambling on about how they've got it all figured out (which is amusing because they clearly don't given the job they hold).  And by the way, anyone that's more than 95% sure of anything is usually full of BS.

16 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Vindman does not have first hand knowledge of the call.  Vindman was about to name the person that did, then Schiff shut him up, as clearly seen in the link that I gave to the CSPAN coverage.  Watch the damn footage already and stop parroting the bullshit you've swallowed.

No, he was about to name the intelligence officer he talked to...about the call Vindman listened in on. How many people have to point out the truth to you? Are you this fucking stupid or are you off your meds? Doro even provided links and page numbers to the transcripts of his testimony.  You need help.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

You can read a lot from someone by watching how they're reacting since there's a lot of information in body language, facial expression, and how they vocalize their words (emotion/emphasis among other things).  It's not only what they're saying, but also how they're saying it.  I thought that was obvious and didn't need explaining?

Says the guy who can't see the obvious because it would destroy your bubble. You've gone on for most of these pages talking about conspiracies, even after they been proven false by numerous sources. Placing full beliefs in total lies and bullshit.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

At least I have a level view of the world, unlike someone who's so deranged they are convinced that Trump never tells the truth.

Maybe because everything Trump says is lies and proven to be false daily.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/don-mcgahn-must-testify-about-time-as-white-house-lawyer-judge-rules/ar-BBXkcjQ

I expect within this hour Trump will go bonkers Tweeting. No doubt setting a motion to appeal as well.

Trump got his wall - the real wall... of better immigration control and lesser volume coming through the southern border. https://www.huffpost.com/highline/article/invisible-wall/

What's this?  Impeachment is blowing up in the Democrats' faces and alienating the independents while strengthening his position with this base https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/new-poll-suggests-democrats-impeachment-push-could-alienate-key-voters

The impossible, Trump is gaining among the blacks - a traditionally Democratic voter base? Can't possibly be because he improved their annual income by more than Obama ever did, could it?  https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-approval-among-blacks-above-34-percent-emerson-polls-shows_3155737.html 

Trump is already leading almost all of the entire Democratic field (except Sanders) https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/471544-poll-trump-edges-biden-trails-sanders-in-neck-and-neck-matchups

And guess what, Trump's approval rating keeps going up... despite him mentally shitting on Twitter, generally being an asshole, oh, and the impeachment nonsense https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/471263-trump-approval-ticks-up-amid-impeachment-battle-gallup

Read it and weep bitches - neither one of you three idiots have a solid grasp on reality as all three of you are stuck in a cultish echo chamber.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Are you this fucking stupid or are you off your meds?

And that is the question you should be asking yourself.  For you and the other two idiots here, I'm leaning towards the former.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

You need help.

We all need help, but you need it more than the rest of us combined.

14 minutes ago, Splay said:

Says the guy who can't see the obvious because it would destroy your bubble.

So why don't you tell us about the libtard echochamber you're stuck in?

You've gone on for most of these pages talking about conspiracies, even after they been proven false by numerous sources.

What, like Trump/Russia and now Trump/Ukraine?'

Oh wait, that's you.

Placing full beliefs in total lies and bullshit.

Hey, you demonstrate full well how to do this, so I'll just follow your example mmmkay?

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You mean like how Biden told Ukraine "Fire this guy and  have this company hire my son or you don't get any aid?"BS.

Yeah, that never happened.  

I never said I was opposed to a wall regardless of its construct. You assumed since I brought it up early on, I was. I brought it up because it didn't happen. You missed that part dumbass.

I can find a poll if I want to suit any narrative. Just like you did here, dumbass.

Kids using remote controlled cars to traffic drugs into the US. Adults cutting holes in the existing wall big enough to drive trucks through. Here you think changing immigration laws are working. 🙄

How easy you forget every poll said Hillary was winning in 2016 and now you want to put full faith in a poll? 🙄

When I said you should go home and help your family keep their farm, you went off for a whole page about the money you don't make. I said it because under Trump farmers and coal miners are now either out of jobs or are defaulting on bank loans trying to keep their farms... And you think Trump is getting Black votes because they earn more money today than 4 years ago.

You're trying so hard to keep your dream of worshipping Trump through to eternity. You made the wrong choice. Own it and move on.

Even on CNN they get that Trump is currently winning:

If CNN gets that Trump is in a really, really strong position... why is it so hard for the three idiots?

2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Yeah, that never happened.  

Then please explain all the events from May 13, 2014 until Early 2015 on https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/trump-impeachment-timeline/ and this article https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/05/14/hunter-bidens-new-job-at-a-ukrainian-gas-company-is-a-problem-for-u-s-soft-power/.

Kinda amusing that there's five year old articles about something that "never happened".

1 hour ago, Splay said:

I never said I was opposed to a wall regardless of its construct. You assumed since I brought it up early on, I was. I brought it up because it didn't happen. You missed that part dumbass.

I can find a poll if I want to suit any narrative. Just like you did here, dumbass.

Kids using remote controlled cars to traffic drugs into the US. Adults cutting holes in the existing wall big enough to drive trucks through. Here you think changing immigration laws are working. 🙄

How easy you forget every poll said Hillary was winning in 2016 and now you want to put full faith in a poll? 🙄

1 hour ago, Splay said:

When I said you should go home and help your family keep their farm, you went off for a whole page about the money you don't make.

You're the only person that assumes I don't make that money - likely because you're too proud to admit that I have you aced in almost every category that actually counts (save home ownership - I'd rather live in an appartment tbh, despite the loss of equity that incurs).

1 hour ago, Splay said:

I said it because under Trump farmers and coal miners are now either out of jobs or are defaulting on bank loans trying to keep their farms... And you think Trump is getting Black votes because they earn more money today than 4 years ago.

So you're saying that https://blackdemographics.com/households/african-american-income/ is wrong too?

1 hour ago, Splay said:

You made the wrong choice.

Actually, you have here.  You're just too arrogant (and stupid) to see it.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Own it and move on.

Damnstraight.  Trump's doing a good job as a President, and anyone that can't see that is detached from reality living in a (bursting) bubble.  Get ready to get another 4 years of the Orange man, cause the entire Democratic candidate field is full of shit candidates that only want to chase after the Twitter vote.

Oh, and if you're going to say you'll move to Canada, please do us all a favor and actually MOVE to Canada.

57 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh, and if you're going to say you'll move to Canada, please do us all a favor and actually MOVE to Canada.

Why would I ever want that? I'd rather you come and live in my guest house for free. Mainly to laugh at you each morning.

It's fully furnished and you'll have free ski passes and golf. Also a nice trout steam to fish for native trout. Don't be shy. I won't laugh too hard watching try to fly fish.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, Almagnus1 said:

That was hyperbole, and most normal people would realize that.  No one in the US is above the law (or rather they shouldn't be).  That goes for cankles.

The only health issue that would remove Trump from office is death.

I think what most are missing here is that even if he gets impeached, the Senate still has to convict and remove him, and Trump would definitely fight it all the way to the removal.  That said, if something conclusive hasn't been turned up (which AFAIK it hasn't), the Senate isn't going to convict him.  In other words, the outcome I see happening is that Trump gets impeached and no one cares, while all the Democrats succeed at doing is alienating themselves from the rest of the country - which kinda goes with what I've been seeing in some of the news articles.

Death is also a health issue, not a very nice one though ;) But I can think of more health issues that can make him unfit; Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the next President, be it Trump or the Democratic nominee, won't fullfill his/her term, because of health issues. Most of the candidates will be above at least 75 and some of them above 80 at the end of the term. That is an age that a lot of people will have a lot of serious health issues.

And I, of course, meant the Senate part of the impeachment process. I think it is very likely the house will convict him and the senate won't. Because what I said earlier in this threat.

And I don't see the democrats alienating themself/ you can say the same about the Republicans. I fear for the USA that they are tearing themself apart in 2 groups, roughly: Democrats/Cities/coastal areas vs. Republicans/Rural/inland. 

And that isn't strange, since the needs and issues of those regions are really different. And issues you don't have, while somebody else does have them, are much more difficult to identify yourself with.

And yes, of course I'm generalizing.

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Vindman does not have first hand knowledge of the call.

Yes, he does. I have no idea why you're hung up on this, it's just true.

10 hours ago, Doro said:

Cause he cant admit he is wrong and that Trump could have done something wrong

And the article https://theweek.com/articles/879231/welcome-vengeance-election highlights one of the really big problems (and why both sides are acting like children), specfically:

Fully four in 10 members of both major parties said in study results from earlier this year that members of the other party are "downright evil;" nearly one in five think they "lack the traits to be considered fully human;" and about the same proportion will say we'd "be better off as a country if large numbers of the opposing party in the public today just died."

So yeah, that's baiscally how the Nazi's got the Germans to think so they could do whatever they wanted to the Jews... and we all know how THAT turned out.  Funny how some never learn from history, only doomed to repeat it.

13 hours ago, Doro said:

Cause the only thing he has heard is a recording of it, NOT the actual call.  This came out in one of the cross examinations of Vindman, which makes him a secondhand source, NOT a primary one.  The MSM news agencies, however, aren't covering that because they have a narrative that they must maintain and they aren't going to admit fault.

16 hours ago, Splay said:

I'd rather you come and live in my guest house for free.

Dude, a cardboard box down by the river is not a guest house.

13 hours ago, Thrabath said:

Death is also a health issue, not a very nice one though ;) But I can think of more health issues that can make him unfit; Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the next President, be it Trump or the Democratic nominee, won't fullfill his/her term, because of health issues. Most of the candidates will be above at least 75 and some of them above 80 at the end of the term. That is an age that a lot of people will have a lot of serious health issues.

The funny thing about that, is if you've managed to maintain yourself you can live longer than that.  That's also one of the main reasons why I don't think Biden or Sanders are going to be viable candidates.

And I, of course, meant the Senate part of the impeachment process. I think it is very likely the house will convict him and the senate won't. Because what I said earlier in this threat.

Well, the House has complete failed to convince anyone that didn't already believe their impeachment narrative and they have turned the independents against them.

And I don't see the democrats alienating themself/ you can say the same about the Republicans. I fear for the USA that they are tearing themself apart in 2 groups, roughly: Democrats/Cities/coastal areas vs. Republicans/Rural/inland. 

And that isn't strange, since the needs and issues of those regions are really different. And issues you don't have, while somebody else does have them, are much more difficult to identify yourself with.

And yes, of course I'm generalizing.

You've also hit the nail on the head, as that's exactly what one of the big problems with the US is.  As you have clearly seen from this thread, the Democrats are not rational as they are prone to flying off the handle as soon as you so much as disagree with them.  No conversation can be had, so resentment will continue fester until both sides start working with each other again.

28 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Cause the only thing he has heard is a recording of it, NOT the actual call.  This came out in one of the cross examinations of Vindman, which makes him a secondhand source, NOT a primary one.  The MSM news agencies, however, aren't covering that because they have a narrative that they must maintain and they aren't going to admit fault.

Have you got any proof of that? Considering everything I've seen has had him state repeatedly that he was in the whatever-the-fuck-it's-called room listening to the call as it was happening. Not a recording, the actual live call itself, which makes him a first-hand witness.

Edit: found this.

"There is no recording of the July 25 call by the American side. The White House uses note-takers listening in on the call as well as voice recognition software to create a rough transcript that is a close approximation of the call. But names and technical terms are frequently missed by the software, according to people familiar with the matter."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/us/politics/alexander-vindman-trump-ukraine.html

Edit 2: and another one.

"Down in the Situation Room, several others would have been listening. One person monitors the call to make sure the line is not interrupted. Others are tasked with documenting what is said. No audio recordings are made. The memorandum of the call, the telcon, which the White House has released, is the closest thing to a word-for-word transcript that is produced and is the official presidential record of the conversation."

https://apnews.com/ab67c31d9b3c4acdada93a624052ddc4

Edit 3: and just to get a complete cross-spectrum source.

"An audio recording of the call itself does not exist, as the policy of the Situation Room is that head of state calls are not typically recorded."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-admin-defends-ukraine-transcript-accuracy

31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Cause the only thing he has heard is a recording of it, NOT the actual call.  This came out in one of the cross examinations of Vindman, which makes him a secondhand source, NOT a primary one.  

This is actually complete bullshit. If you listen to the full, unedited testimony it's absolutely clear he listened in on the call as it happened.  

3 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Interesting look at the Republicans defenses of Trump

Funny you cite that, because at https://youtu.be/ca12k2qbUQM?t=467 it mentions exactly what I've been talking about: The Democrats have prevented anyone with firsthand knowledge from testifying.....

34 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Funny you cite that, because at https://youtu.be/ca12k2qbUQM?t=467 it mentions exactly what I've been talking about: The Democrats have prevented anyone with firsthand knowledge from testifying.....

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/first-hand-witnesses-describe-key-trump-zelensky-call-on-day-3-of-impeachment-hearings

"Jennifer Williams, a special adviser to Vice President Mike Pence on Europe and Russia, said Trump’s reference to Biden in the July 25 call “sounded political.” Williams, who like Vindman listened to the call, said the conversation was different than other calls she’d heard between Trump and other foreign leaders.

The only ones that are preventing other witnesses with first-hand knowledge from testifying are people inside the White House.

Oh looky, a piece of candy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-invited-to-participate-in-impeachment-hearing-next-week/ar-BBXnC97?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump has no choice but to appear in some capacity. He has complained all along the Impeachment isn't legit. At the same time complains he can't defend himself. Well, now he has a chance. Trump could lay this to rest in one hour by swearing an oath and testifying. Will he? Hell no! Trump will continue to obstruct, distract, delay, and throw a tantrum. At the same time try to procrastinate saying his defense team needs time to submit to any Impeachment appearance.

Trump has been doing his best to stretch this out to after the next election. Somehow in his mind thinking this is the best choice. It won't work. Pelosi has plainly stated the train rolls out, with or without Trump on its way to Impeachment.

I'm going laugh my ass off, when this reaches the Senate, the Supreme Court decides Bolton can testify. I can see this happening and it will be credited by a Trump nominated Justice.  Kavanaugh has already stated that no man is above the law. Including presidents and cited history to back his opinion. If per chance leads to this, it will be the perfect Karma transaction to date.

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The Democrats have prevented anyone with firsthand knowledge from testifying.....

Vindman has testified, though. Vindman has first-hand knowledge.

And even the bit you quoted in the video is about Trump trying to stop people testifying, not the Democrats.

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And the article https://theweek.com/articles/879231/welcome-vengeance-election highlights one of the really big problems (and why both sides are acting like children), specfically:

So yeah, that's baiscally how the Nazi's got the Germans to think so they could do whatever they wanted to the Jews... and we all know how THAT turned out.  Funny how some never learn from history, only doomed to repeat it.

Dude, a cardboard box down by the river is not a guest house.

The funny thing about that, is if you've managed to maintain yourself you can live longer than that.  That's also one of the main reasons why I don't think Biden or Sanders are going to be viable candidates.

Well, the House has complete failed to convince anyone that didn't already believe their impeachment narrative and they have turned the independents against them.

You've also hit the nail on the head, as that's exactly what one of the big problems with the US is.  As you have clearly seen from this thread, the Democrats are not rational as they are prone to flying off the handle as soon as you so much as disagree with them.  No conversation can be had, so resentment will continue fester until both sides start working with each other again.

I think the Republicans have the same problem; But it's easier to see the mistakes of the other party then your own. 

That's the big disadvantage of the current technological advancements. We can read much more and get in contact with many more people very easily, but because we can't have contact with everyone, so the big tech companies made algoritms to filter the information. The effect is that we have more and more contact with people with the same opinion, who reinforce each others opinion. So the democrats are getting more and more convinced that A is the absolute truth and B isn't because almost everyone they speak with agrees with them. And the regpulbicans are getting more and more convinced that B is the absolute truth and A isn't because almost everyone they speak with agrees with them. 

This problem appears everywhere more and more. And 2-party-systems, like the USA and UK, makes this effect even stronger. Because if you have 5 groups, for A, B, C, D & E and none of them has a majority, you have to talk with each other and find a compromise. In a 2-party system that isn't necessary. And the USA has the luck that Senate, House and President can have different parties as majority, the UK is even more f*cked.

Replacing all current politicians in Senate, House, President, Governors, party leaders etc. would probably the best for the USA (and many other countries)