LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

Trump would totally Colonel Jesop during the impeachment trial in the Senate. (Reference to A Few Good Men.)

The question is, is it okay to ask foreign governments to dig up dirt on your domestic political rivals? And to push them to do it by withholding Congressionally approved funds?

The evidence points to the course of action by the administration being consistent with seeking dirt on Biden (it's right in the summary of the call, after all) and withholding funds. Heck, Trump even called on China to dig up dirt during the days after the whistleblower's complaint surfaced.

Republican goalposts keep getting run over faster than they can move them on various spurious defenses.

Sad, really, that a once good party has sold their soul for a demagogue who totally trashes what the party stood for. Trump is the ultimate RINO.

• Like 1

So with Schiff apparently having done exactly what Trump is accused of, it definitely leads one to ponder if the accusers aren't actually worse than the accused with this entire impeachment fiasco, specifically highlihgted by the quote from https://nypost.com/2019/12/07/democrats-have-embraced-the-exact-surveillance-tactics-they-used-to-warn-about/ :

Then again, these days there’s no abuse of power Democrats find problematic, as long as that abuse aids them in their fight against Donald Trump.

So, when are the Democrats going to face justice?

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

So with Schiff apparently having done exactly what Trump is accused of...

Trump's been accused of a lot of things, you're going to have to narrow it down. If you're referring to bribery of a foreign power, then no it doesn't look like Schiff has done that.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Trump's been accused of a lot of things, you're going to have to narrow it down. If you're referring to bribery of a foreign power, then no it doesn't look like Schiff has done that.

How about spying on opponents for political gain?

Either way, Schiff is getting sued at minimum as the information published has been stated (by Nunes) to be incorrect.

23 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

How about spying on opponents for political gain?

Either way, Schiff is getting sued at minimum as the information published has been stated (by Nunes) to be incorrect.

That's not the bit that's got Trump into trouble. It's the use of a foreign power via bribery that's done it.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So with Schiff apparently having done exactly what Trump is accused of, it definitely leads one to ponder if the accusers aren't actually worse than the accused with this entire impeachment fiasco, specifically highlihgted by the quote from https://nypost.com/2019/12/07/democrats-have-embraced-the-exact-surveillance-tactics-they-used-to-warn-about/ :

So, when are the Democrats going to face justice?

You link an article authored by a conservative who is senior writer for a conservative magazine and think people won't see it for what it is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Review

And... This is all you have from the last two weeks?  Btw Nunes is going to prison.

Meanwhile... Half of NATO laughs at Trump and all Trump can do is run home and cry about why he has to flush a WH toilet more than twice to his EPA guy. But hey WTF! The economy is great even though 50% of Americans make less then $18,000 annually. Most with no benefits. It's all cool since people can keep their guns.

9 hours ago, Doro said:

That's not the bit that's got Trump into trouble. It's the use of a foreign power via bribery that's done it.

Since foreign policy is a nice way to of saying we're using coercion to get a foreign power to do something you want them to do, how is what Trump did any different to what we have been doing for over 200 years?

12 hours ago, Splay said:

You link an article authored by a conservative who is senior writer for a conservative magazine and think people won't see it for what it is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Review

And... This is all you have from the last two weeks?  Btw Nunes is going to prison.

Meanwhile... Half of NATO laughs at Trump and all Trump can do is run home and cry about why he has to flush a WH toilet more than twice to his EPA guy. But hey WTF! The economy is great even though 50% of Americans make less then $18,000 annually. Most with no benefits. It's all cool since people can keep their guns.

If the Democrats actually had something on Trump that would get him impeached AND convicted, they would have already presented charges and impeached him.

However.... nothing has happened in two weeks.... because the Democrats don't have jack and are doing an impeachment purely for political reasons.  I fully expect the House Democrats to impeach Trump and force the vote through.... and then the real circus begins because the Republicans have an axe to grind, and this is only going to get worse for the Democrats because they have painted themselves in a corner and must go forward with impeachment despite the cost it will have in 2020.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Since foreign policy is a nice way to of saying we're using coercion to get a foreign power to do something you want them to do, how is what Trump did any different to what we have been doing for over 200 years?

I don't think there's been a policy that's involved having foreign powers digging up dirt on political rivals in exchange for already approved funds.

So essentially, dipshit Al is complaining that the Democrats are providing due process and following the letter of the law...when just last week he was bitching that they supposedly weren't providing due process and following the letter of the law.  

And of course, the typical deflection tactics, "yeah, but so and so did it..."

Same bullshit, different week.  

Edit:  Also--https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/09/impeachment-trump-democrats-tuesday-079694

So much for "nothing happening"...

10 hours ago, Doro said:

I don't think there's been a policy that's involved having foreign powers digging up dirt on political rivals in exchange for already approved funds.

Exactly.

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If the Democrats actually had something on Trump that would get him impeached AND convicted, they would have already presented charges and impeached him.

However.... nothing has happened in two weeks.... because the Democrats don't have jack and are doing an impeachment purely for political reasons.  I fully expect the House Democrats to impeach Trump and force the vote through.... and then the real circus begins because the Republicans have an axe to grind, and this is only going to get worse for the Democrats because they have painted themselves in a corner and must go forward with impeachment despite the cost it will have in 2020.

What was that you were saying

Even Bloomberg realizes just how stupid the argument that Biden is a threat to Trump...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/12/10/amanpour-bloomberg-impeachment.cnn

Follow up on impeachment, this can go straight down party lines, as at this point the impeachment is a given.  House Judiciary Committee as it's 24 Democrats to 17 Republicans (going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_the_Judiciary ), so anyone not expecting impeachment at this point is an idiot - so a party line vote = impeachment.  Again with the House itself ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives ), it's 233-197, so a party line vote = impeachment.

What the Democrats have, however, failed to do is show this is anything more than a rationalization for "we don't like Trump", and given how the Democrats have failed to accept any Republican presidential candidate that won the presidency all the way back to the first Bush (each election they lost wasn't a valid election), I'm not surprised that they have had a three year long hissy fit.

11 hours ago, Doro said:

Only an idiot believes that, and I thought you were smarter than that.

The entire "Trump's using it for dirt on Biden" is a smokescreen to cover Biden abusing the office of VP to get his son a position on Burisma's board, which involved a multi-million dollar payout.  Part of the President's job description is to root out corruption as not only is he the commander in chief, but he's also the top cop (as the FBI and CIA are part of the Executive Branch).  With Burisma still in play, it gives Trump a 100% legal explanation for why Trump was doing.  While hiring Guiliani to basically act as a private investigator is extremely unorthodox, given how Trump was drug by the FBI for several years I don't fault him for not trusting the FBI as Trump can't really fire people investigating him as that looks really, really bad.

There is no royalty in the US, and no one is above the law (not even Cankles).  I mean, are we not supposed to investigate corruption charges just because someone decides they want to run for President?

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

What was that you were saying

You can impeach someone without a conviction, in which case the impeachment is basically meaningless.  Democrats have failed to produce enough evidence to show this to be anything other than some desperate partisan thing because they're butt hurt that Trump beat them, so this entire process is likely going to die in the Senate... but hopefully not before some extraordinary collateral damage happens to the Democrats for this entire bout of stupidity.

10 hours ago, Papi said:

So essentially, dipshit Al is complaining that the Democrats are providing due process and following the letter of the law...when just last week he was bitching that they supposedly weren't providing due process and following the letter of the law.  

And of course, the typical deflection tactics, "yeah, but so and so did it..."

Same bullshit, different week.  

Edit:  Also--https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/09/impeachment-trump-democrats-tuesday-079694

So much for "nothing happening"...

Or maybe I'm seeing this for what this is while you ostrich it up?

29 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Only an idiot believes that, and I thought you were smarter than that.

You're going to need to provide an example, then.

2 minutes ago, Doro said:

There is no example to provide.  This is going to be another week of Al talking out his ass and being in complete denial of actual facts.

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

so anyone not expecting impeachment at this point is an idiot

I accept your profound conclusion you are an idiot. You denied the obvious for over two months all the while being an idiot. Now you know its a fact a vote will happen, doesn't exclude you're still an idiot.

You can impeach someone without a conviction, in which case the impeachment is basically meaningless.

More idiot speech. It means much more than nothing. The Trump name will be forever tarnished by an impeachment. You do realize that was the goal right? Even now before the inevitable, the whole world places judgment and Trump loses credibility to bargain for the US. Trump is an arrogant, stupid man who throws a tantrum when he can't get his way. He is a bigot, a racist, a compulsive liar. He is for Trump and only for Trump using his office as President and any other excuse he can find to keep his safe space.

but hopefully not before some extraordinary collateral damage happens to the Democrats for this entire bout of stupidity.

And the cycle continues because idiots don't understand the insanity should stop at any cost but no... Revenge.

Or maybe I'm seeing this for what this is

You clearly are not. The best thing Trump can do is wear a red hat that says IMPEACHED and own his new title.

The House will have over a dozen Republican seats vacated at the end of 2020. A good many of them were won by a very thin margin. If the Democrats pick up half of those then thats a win for the Democrats. Something to think about. Isn't it?

Also there is this. If Democrats keep and retain control of the House, here it comes. Hold onto your chair. THEY CAN IMPEACH TRUMP AGAIN!

3 hours ago, Papi said:

This is going to be another week of Al talking out his ass and being in complete denial of actual facts.

Frankly, I'm surprised he's bothering to waste his time trying to reason with all the brainwashed Orange Man Bad robots in this thread. 😂

On 12/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Doro said:

You're going to need to prove that Trump isn't investigating Biden's corrupt activities Ukraine (which includes Burisma).  Motive is crucial here as depending as Trump's motive is what is separating the Republicans from the Democrats.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, Papi said:

There is no example to provide.  This is going to be another week of Al being in complete denial of Democrat opinions masquerading as facts

FTFY

21 hours ago, Splay said:

<inane ramblings of an NPC>

Impeachment =/= Impeachment + conviction.

Stop assuming an impeachment automatically means a conviction, as the US Senate is 53 Republicans - 45 Democrats ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate ), so the conviction stage of the impeachment process is probably going to die on the vine because the Democrats have wholly failed to convince the Republicans that this is not a politically motivated stunt.  That's one key difference with Nixon compared to Trump, as the Democrats actually convinced the Republicans that what Nixon did was bad, which led them to turn on Nixon.

21 hours ago, Bohemond said:

Frankly, I'm surprised he's bothering to waste his time trying to reason with all the brainwashed Orange Man Bad robots in this thread. 😂

Cause if I can redpill one of them, it will have all been worth it.  Until then, the spazzing out is definitely worth the lulz.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Glitched programming of a Trump bot

Yes Mcconnell has already told Trump to shut the fuck up and he'll get him through this. Can your man Trump, stand being put on a leash to survive? That is the question now isn't it? As I said before, if Trump pisses Mcconnell off then its over. One nod and he is gone.

Trump's worst nightmare is winning the next election and have both the House and Senate controlled by Democrats. But... Let's not go that far just yet. Your Jabroni hasn't made it yet.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

Yes Mcconnell has already told Trump to shut the fuck up and he'll get him through this. Can your man Trump, stand being put on a leash to survive? That is the question now isn't it? As I said before, if Trump pisses Mcconnell off then its over. One nod and he is gone.

Trump's worst nightmare is winning the next election and have both the House and Senate controlled by Democrats. But... Let's not go that far just yet. Your Jabroni hasn't made it yet.

Oh, I see it's programming is working as expected again.

Good NPC, here's a cookie!

See the source image

Your daddy trump is a sad puppy.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1204503645607333888/video/1

stupid as well. At least the link offers a shit load of laughs from the comments.

Seems other agree our President is a moron.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/thanos-creator-feels-violated-after-trump-campaigns-avengers-ad/ar-AAK0ao7

"After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer," Starlin said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "How sick is that? These are sad and strange times we are going through. Fortunately, all things, even national nightmares, eventually come to an end."

It's a good thing Trump still has some money because he is gonna need it to pay a lawsuit.

Btw have you noticed no one calls trump, President anymore? HaHaHa!

2 hours ago, Splay said:

Your daddy trump is a sad puppy.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1204503645607333888/video/1

stupid as well. At least the link offers a shit load of laughs from the comments.

Seems other agree our President is a moron.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/thanos-creator-feels-violated-after-trump-campaigns-avengers-ad/ar-AAK0ao7

"After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer," Starlin said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "How sick is that? These are sad and strange times we are going through. Fortunately, all things, even national nightmares, eventually come to an end."

It's a good thing Trump still has some money because he is gonna need it to pay a lawsuit.

Btw have you noticed no one calls trump, President anymore? HaHaHa!

Why do I get the feeling that after they created that video his team started vigorously jerking each other off?  That is until a woman walked in and asked "You do know Thanos loses in the end?"

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You're going to need to prove that Trump isn't investigating Biden's corrupt activities Ukraine (which includes Burisma).  Motive is crucial here as depending as Trump's motive is what is separating the Republicans from the Democrats.

No, I don't. I'm not saying Trump wasn't looking for dirt on Biden. You're claiming that there's been a policy of foreign powers digging up dirt on political rivals in exchange for already approved funds. You claim only an idiot wouldn't believe that. You have to prove that, or you're talking out of your arse. Again.

That meme is hilarious. So predictable seeing so many humourless leftist morons taking it literally and fact checking it. zOMG DidNt YoU KnOw ThAnOs iZ BaDdIE?!

42 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

That meme is hilarious. So predictable seeing so many humourless leftist morons taking it literally and fact checking it. zOMG DidNt YoU KnOw ThAnOs iZ BaDdIE?!

I preferred the Kingsman church one. This one was just lazy by comparison, and I think the predictability of the reactions adds to that feeling.