LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

And this is a good explanation for why Trump left Syria... and yet no one's going to go back and redact all the knee jerk hysteria...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618787/Trump-confirms-coward-ISIS-leader-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-killed.html

1 hour ago, MueR said:

There's no cloak and dagger. This is the process as per the rules that the GOP dictated in 2015. Similar to grand jury hearings, they're not open to the public. The public mind you, the GOP reps from certain committees can attend, ask questions and what not. They get as much time as any Democrat on the committee. They just lack any reasonable defense for Trump's obvious criminal actions and resort to publicity stunts such as "storming the hearing", which in itself is a criminal offense.

Oh that's rich coming from a European....

So how's life in the new Islamic caliphate?

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Or maybe I do...

And that investigation has (historically) been pretty open and transparent...

But clearly you don't...as you keep proving.  

It's already been pointed out several times, the Democrats are following the rules that the Republicans set in place.  Keep denying the facts, as is your wont to do.  You're not fooling anyone here.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh that's rich coming from a European....

So how's life in the new Islamic caliphate?

Cool meme, brah. Muslims make up only 2% of the European population, and that figure includes the "native" Muslims from places like the Balkans. If you can't refute the actual point being made, maybe it's best to not lean back on out-of-touch memes.

I don't find this important other than the avenged death of a reporter and other honest lives taken. Trump did it for rep points and nothing more. Its just grandstanding from a person who is in peril of losing power. His speech was over abundant in details no one needed to know and again just for a shock, show saying. "Looky, I did something" A speech acted out with no dignity and I swear he nearly forgot the guys name he claimed was dead.

The US created another Islamic Martyr which will for a generation prompt backlash and more violence in the US and anywhere western people are found. Tbh Trump's best choice would have been to never say anything, after he knew for sure the guy was dead. It would have been better to leave room for doubt about who had taken on the raid, rather than parade, I'm so fuckin cool. This says nothing about how fuckin cool Trump was leaving Kurds allied to the US to be slaughtered, placing more value on oil than loyalty.

Also there is this. The Turks and Russians would have routed this guy out and everyone knows it, including Trump.

One so-called right amidst dozens and dozens of wrongs doesn't even the scales. Especially when it has been acted out like Trump has just for cred.

Take note, no one ever bothered to mention the dogs after the fact. Some dude in the military is totally bummed out someone made him throw his dogs away for a pos towelhead.

That statement about the raid was hard to watch.  It's hard to feel good about being an American wiping out a scum bag like that, when the orange one makes the entire spectacle about himself--even to the point where he tried to downplay the death of Osama bin Laden just to make himself look better.  It was cringe worthy.  Also, timing is everything folks.

So with the talk of the impeachment, where is the due process https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process ?

The entire impeachment process is as much a political as a criminal investigation, and it's the complete and total lack of due process that's the problem here, NOT the charges.  However, I suspect that if due process were to actually be carried out, the charges would be found out to be hollow and vapid.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Cool meme, brah. Muslims make up only 2% of the European population, and that figure includes the "native" Muslims from places like the Balkans. If you can't refute the actual point being made, maybe it's best to not lean back on out-of-touch memes.

But it proves the point that I know about as much as what's going on in Europe as you do about the US.

I thought you were smart enough to pick up on that, clearly you aim to disappoint like the rest of the board....

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Take note, no one ever bothered to mention the dogs after the fact. Some dude in the military is totally bummed out someone made him throw his dogs away for a pos towelhead.

Going by the reports, only one dog was injured.

You gonna keep going all Schiff on us and keep making up stuff to prop up your narrative?

5 hours ago, Papi said:

That statement about the raid was hard to watch.  It's hard to feel good about being an American wiping out a scum bag like that, when the orange one makes the entire spectacle about himself--even to the point where he tried to downplay the death of Osama bin Laden just to make himself look better.  It was cringe worthy.  Also, timing is everything folks.

Then maybe you should turn it off and walk away, as you clearly do not have the spine (or the stomach) to see the truth.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So with the talk of the impeachment, where is the due process https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process ?

The entire impeachment process is as much a political as a criminal investigation, and it's the complete and total lack of due process that's the problem here, NOT the charges.  However, I suspect that if due process were to actually be carried out, the charges would be found out to be hollow and vapid.

Impeachment is a political process, not a criminal one.  When the House votes to impeach Trump it will move onto the Senate.  The Senate will hold an impeachment trial.  That is when due process is granted.  That is when Trump can call witnesses, cross-examine, etc.  That does not happen until Articles of Impeachment are voted on and passed.  Have you guys tried refuting the allegations, other than screaming fake news and witch hunt?  Your cult keeps complaining about the process.  That is not a valid argument against impeachment.  When the initial investigation is over they will decide if there is enough evidence to impeach.  It's like a Grand Jury.  Grand Juries are held in secret.  The Grand Jury votes on whether there is enough evidence to indict.  The Grand Jury does not vote on whether there is enough evidence to convict.  

When a witness to a crime is providing their statement, the police don't put the accused, or friends of the accused in the same room.  Which is precisely what you guys are requesting.  That's just dumb.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

But it proves the point that I know about as much as what's going on in Europe as you do about the US.

I thought you were smart enough to pick up on that, clearly you aim to disappoint like the rest of the board....

False equivalence, because it implies everyone has to be equally as ignorant as you are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Trump isn't a liar, he provides alternative facts. Get the terminology right!

My bad. Sorry about that.

I was having a delusional moment. It was merely coincidence my alternative reality and Trump's weren't in perfect alignment. Now I got my bearing back, its all good and Trump is my newest hero. :F

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Well, let me give you a quick course in civics and the workings of an impeachment proceeding. Yes, a European is giving you a course on civics. I've read up on it.

The various committees in the House can investigate the president for whatever the hell they want. As you might remember, Republicans had plenty of investigations going on against Obama all the time. It's up to the Committee chair to start an investigation. Any evidence they gather, be it from documents or hearings, public or private, is to be sent to the House Judiciary Committee, as they are the only one that can bring impeachment votes to the floor. 

If the House Judiciary Committee finds that the evidence gathered is insufficient to consider articles of impeachment, that's the end of that. For reference, see the multiple Benghazi, Iran, US native and what not investigations  the GOP launched against Obama. If they don't find sufficient evidence, Trump remains in office.

However, if the HJC finds that the evidence is sufficient to support a full House vote, they send it to the floor. The full House will get to vote on whether or not to adopt one or more articles of impeachment. If that passes, Trump is officially impeached. Still in office, but impeached.

The ball then gets passed to the Senate, as they are the courtroom for an impeachment trial, presided over by the Chief Justice. All evidence is brought before the Senate, witnesses get cross-examined, the whole deal you'll find on any trial. The Senate is the jury in this case, and they will vote on the outcome, guilty or not. A supermajority (2/3rd) must vote guilty if Trump is to be removed from office. If less than a supermajority votes to remove Trump from office, he's still impeached, but will remain in office until the end of his term (or second, should he win reelection).

With the current Republican control of the Senate, that's unlikely unless some of them can actually grow a spine and objectively look at the evidence. This shouldn't be a party-line vote. This is a far more serious accusation than Bill Clintons, who only lied about getting a blowjob in the Oval. Based on the evidence (documents, quotes by Trump and his staff, testimony released so far), this is what the US Constitution defines as a high crime. This should be carefully weighed by each and every single Senator. This is not the Democrats impeaching Trump because he's a Republican, this is the House impeaching Trump because he comitted treason. It deserves their full attention.

16 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I can read. I read up on US politics pretty much daily. The fact that most Americans are only interested in their own country does not mean everyone else in the world is. I'm seriously interested in what happens in the US, because it has a direct impact on the EU. The current unstable buffoonery that Trump is calling "governing" is causing a very unstable world economy. His tariffs are seriously impacting industries both in the US and abroad, in a very negative way. His haphazard foreign policy makes the US a very unstable ally. That's dangerous and only benefits Russia and China.

You should be happy that non US citizens are interested in your politics. 

Trump hubris and ignorance is astounding. Who could vote for this guy can't be all that intelligent.

The snake has a new head.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7620271/ISIS-new-leader-barely-day-former-chief-Baghdadi-died-dog.html

Be careful for what you ask for. You just might get it, but not the way you want it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7623305/Democrats-hold-scale-vote-impeachment-week.html

If Trump wasn't already feeling the pressure, he sure will by Thursday evening. I couldn't help but, to understand the magnitude of strategy until, I read this link above. Trump has bitten the bait so fuckin hard, he can't do anything now, but swallow it whole. The slow ratchet style of tightening the noose day after day is amazing. At each click, of the ratchet, Trump continues to be dumbfounded and react on impulse. Always to the wrong tune. On Thursday, if this future move holds true, every person interested will see the impeachment, investigation hearings live worldwide. You just know, Trump will not ignore the proceedings being televised. By the end of the week, Twitter will have to ban his account for CoC violations. :Y

I don't much care for Pelosi. I care a hell of a lot less for Trump. Political affiliations mean nothing to me. The guy is a shit stain on the US. If a woman can take his ass out, well then, all the better. Pelosi certainly has a well educated group advising her and its become evident to me that she isn't out for political props alone. I'd say she wants his head on a pike. We'll see how this pans out. I guess the next complaint from conservatives will be how airing America's dirty laundry on TV isn't acceptable. Imagine that... 7(8)7

I read somewhere today Bannon is back in the Trump tent making claims of the future. All I read, in between the lines, is that the senate will not indict the President, for the alleged crimes. Honestly, I don't see what he asserts, if even through implication, coming to the fruition. To do so, Trump would have to execute a mafia style attempt, sending out a Luca Brasi thug to coerce Republican Senators who would be questionable in the vote. I can say with some confidence, which person it won't be. Looking at you Giuliani. HaHa! A lot of dirty deals would have to be made and I don't see Trump having the bank to pay the debts. His political credit is at zero.

So... It might be time for Republicans to choose a new person, to represent them, in next years election. I see this as an already done deal, just playing out slowly ,to the inevitable conclusion. Trump, You're fired! d;)b

And honestly, the Democrats should have started with this.  The only real complaint is that Schiff is still involved, as he's a bad faith actor that has been proven to had quite literally made stuff up to support his cause.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/shifting-course-democrats-plan-first-floor-vote-on-impeachment-inquiry/ar-AAJugj3

11 hours ago, MueR said:

<bunch of stuff I already knew>

Thank you captain obvious for copying and pasting the wiki page.  Do you want a cookie?

11 hours ago, MueR said:

I can read. I read up on US politics pretty much daily. The fact that most Americans are only interested in their own country does not mean everyone else in the world is.

And what you read matters greatly.  If it's from the US MSM, it's biased HEAVILY towards the Democrat side of things as there are litereally no objective MSM news outlets.

11 hours ago, MueR said:

I'm seriously interested in what happens in the US, because it has a direct impact on the EU.

That's great, no one gives two shits about the EU.

11 hours ago, MueR said:

The current unstable buffoonery that Trump is calling "governing" is causing a very unstable world economy.

And that's a good thing because the rest of us have become too dependant upon China, and China is basically implementing 1984 through their social media.  I mean, given the human rights violations China just does and doesn't care about... maybe this is a good thing?

11 hours ago, MueR said:

His haphazard foreign policy makes the US a very unstable ally.

.... which has been a continual problem because our Presidential elections basically guarantee that we don't do long term planning?

This is nothing new, you're just blaming Trump because it fits your narrative.

11 hours ago, MueR said:

That's dangerous and only benefits Russia and China.

Maybe if you'd grow a pair (instead of hiding under the bedsheets) you'd realize that the only real bogeyman to maybe be afraid of is China... mostly because they have zero compunctions about censoring and oppressing their population.  I mean, they censored Winnie the Pooh for crying out loud.

11 hours ago, MueR said:

You should be happy that non US citizens are interested in your politics. 

Oh yes, a bunch of arm chair 

6 hours ago, Splay said:

So... It might be time for Republicans to choose a new person, to represent them, in next years election. I see this as an already done deal, just playing out slowly ,to the inevitable conclusion. Trump, You're fired! d;)b

If the Democrats get control, the US is fucked.  The Democrats are going to implement a bunch of social programs that will bankrupt the government (look at the fiscal mess that is California), and then throw in other "environmentally friendly" policies that make zero sense (like it's currently an EPA violation to add a turbocharger to a naturally aspirated sports car).  And then the Democrats are going to cozy us up to China and our social media companies are going to do the same thing with Chinese policy that they did with EU's GDPR and implement those in the US.  That's been one of the problems with China and the WTO... the WTO didn't change China, China changed the WTO and they're big enough where if they martial their military, there's very few countries that can stand in their way.

The only way that I'd trust the Democrats again is after they worked the far left nonsense out of their system.

The deficit is higher under Trump than it was under Obama and continues to grow.  

So when I see a Trump acolyte in this thread say the country will be fucked if Democrats come back into power because of their government spending...it makes me laugh.

8 hours ago, Papi said:

The deficit is higher under Trump than it was under Obama and continues to grow.  

So when I see a Trump acolyte in this thread say the country will be fucked if Democrats come back into power because of their government spending...it makes me laugh.

That's controlled by Congress and when you have resolutions to reduce the budget get rejected... that's not unexpected.  Until Congress gets serious about the spending, about the best any President can do is make noise on that issue.  Like https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/467817-senate-rejects-paul-effort-to-cut-spending tends to describe.

Then again the logic of "it's all Trump's fault" is better than reality, amirite?

----

The other reason why this entire impeachment thing feels like a fishing expedition:

https://conservativedailypost.com/no-quid-pro-quo-ukraine-official-says-country-unaware-of-military-aid-hold/

If Urkaine isn't aware it's a quid pro quo, doesn't that make it not a quid pro quo?

Edit:

Here's another article https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/24/nyt-confirms-ukraine-didnt-know-u-s-froze-aid-at-time-of-july-25-call-cant-have-quid-pro-quo-with-no-quo/# , and yet you're not going to see this circle the MSM because it runs counter to their narrative.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/24/nyt-confirms-ukraine-didnt-know-u-s-froze-aid-at-time-of-july-25-call-cant-have-quid-pro-quo-with-no-quo/#

This article I read seems to be more filled with damage control than facts.

Any US citizen with average intelligence knows the Ukraine or any other country basically getting free dollars isn't going to say shit about the truth on any matter. They will tow the line of political diplomacy, rather get thrown in head first to be forcibly placed on any side of another countries politics. It isn't in their best interest to show bias when it comes to free handouts. They'll accept free dollars from a Democrat President just as easy as a Republican President.

Business and Politics are not one in the same. It would do well for Trump to learn this.

Today

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/extremely-disturbing-top-dems-alarmed-over-vindmans-testimony-on-trump-ukraine-call/ar-AAJy0Gu

First hand account of the phone call and all Trump can say is this.

"Supposedly, according to the Corrupt Media, the Ukraine call 'concerned' today's Never Trumper witness," Trump tweeted. "Was he on the same call that I was? Can't be possible! Please ask him to read the Transcript of the call. Witch Hunt!"

And here's some proof that progressivism is really racism masquerading as something not evil.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/25/latinx-race-progressives-hispanic-latinos-column/4082760002/

59 minutes ago, Splay said:

Business and Politics are not one in the same. It would do well for Trump to learn this.

Agreed, as he's behaving more like a CEO than a President... but that's part of Trump's appeal because he's not part of the Washington circlejerk.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And here's some proof that progressivism is really racism masquerading as something not evil.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/25/latinx-race-progressives-hispanic-latinos-column/4082760002/

Agreed, as he's behaving more like a CEO than a President... but that's part of Trump's appeal because he's not part of the Washington circlejerk.

You're all over the place.  You cite Breitbart and something called "Conservativedailypost" and then claim that an opinion piece is "proof" that progressives are really racists.  Shut the fuck up already.  As far as Trump's appeal, his appeal was that he was an asshole.  Government is not a business and should not be run as such.  He's not only part of the circle jerk, he's the guy who eats the cookie.

• Like 1

And this is another issue that's in play, as the language issue is going to rip this country apart.  Language is what held India together (at least, going by what I've heard talking to Indians around the office), and having a bunch of Americans that only knows English allows for a section of the populace to exclude them because they don't understand the language.  This trend is not a good one.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/record-67-3-million-speak-foreign-language-at-home-over-50-in-90-big-cities-59-in-la

Just now, Amenhir said:

You're all over the place. 

No, I'm well read.  I use all sources, rather than just stick my head into an echo chamber, and then think about what I'm reading and see how they mesh together.  THe parts that contradict each other are clearly not true (or a certain take of something larger).  Sadly, that's something that's beyond you as you want to stuff me into this box that I refuse to go into.

Just now, Amenhir said:

Shut the fuck up already.

You first you vapid waste of human genetic material.

Just now, Amenhir said:

As far as Trump's appeal, his appeal was that he was an asshole.  Government is not a business and should not be run as such.  He's not only part of the circle jerk, he's the guy who eats the cookie.

And that's the other part of Trumps appeal.  Trump makes weaklings like you go apeshit - and for that reason alone he's worth electing.

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

No, I'm well read.  I use all sources, rather than just stick my head into an echo chamber, and then think about what I'm reading and see how they mesh together.  THe parts that contradict each other are clearly not true (or a certain take of something larger).  Sadly, that's something that's beyond you as you want to stuff me into this box that I refuse to go into.

You're such a load.  95% of the crap you link is from sites known to be extremely right wing.  Infowars, Breitbart, Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, that Tim douche(if you claim to be liberal and you have 1000 videos shitting on liberals then I'm going to call bullshit), etc.  The next thing you'll link is going to be an op-ed on how liberalism is a mental disorder by some guy named Redneck McBigot.  It's obvious to me that the echo chamber you reside in is created when you wear your ass a hat. 

I think you're gaslighting yourself.  Btw, only a moron would elect someone to piss off other people.  My vote is going to go to the person who I feel makes life better for the most amount of people.   That includes a rotten gob of smegma such as yourself.

Finally, one of the major Democrats are starting to call out the crazy Regressive Left that will (hopefully) bring some common sense back to that party.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/barack-obama-twitter-activism_n_5db9292ee4b0bb1ea3716bb7

16 hours ago, Amenhir said:

You're such a load.  95% of the crap you link is from sites known to be extremely right wing.  Infowars, Breitbart, Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, that Tim douche(if you claim to be liberal and you have 1000 videos shitting on liberals then I'm going to call bullshit), etc.  The next thing you'll link is going to be an op-ed on how liberalism is a mental disorder by some guy named Redneck McBigot. 

The Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong with this one.

Maybe the problem here is you don't know how to work with someone that's actually a centrist because they you can't stuff them into a box?

16 hours ago, Amenhir said:

It's obvious to me that the echo chamber you reside in is created when you wear your ass a hat. 

Sounds to me like that's a self-diagnosis that you're transferring to me because you're too ashamed to admit your own faults.  Btw, go read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference for what I'm talking about.

And back to the gun control stuff, here's the basic American stance on the second amendment in a nutshell:

"Man, it's not that serious. The First Amendment is first for a reason. Second Amendment is just in case the First one doesn't work out." [Dave Chapelle]

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dave-chappelle-freedom-speech-cancel-culture-first-amendment-for-a-reason

Trump can't help himself. 100% compulsive liar.

In his moment of ego stroking killing the guy in Syria he talks about dogs helping out. Plural as in more than one. Later he said the dog was injured but doing well. Then he comes up with more bullshit linked below.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tweets-fake-image-of-him-putting-medal-around-dog-from-al-baghdadi-raid/ar-AAJBlPW?li=BBnbfcL

Adding insult to the situation the medal was to be awarded to a real person not a stock photo. Trump's ideas are mental. Using anything and anyone to promote his ego and his political purposes. It's disgusting this man sits in the WH.

Gotta milk this one for all its worth when you don't have but a shit slurry for a brain.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-releasing-video-raid-isis-leader-abu-bakr/story?id=66580707

Too bad this dumbfuck who is president doesn't understand airing the raid will piss off religious fanatics.

Here is the scenario. A person fleeing through a man made tunnel. Dug out in an area with near no possibility of it being more than a series of connecting holes in dirt. On the surface the area has just been destroyed by military weapons from the air. The best instant choice is to send trained dogs to chase down the person fleeing. Dogs trained for obedience and to not have fear, pins their target down. Once the person hits a dead end they suicide, wearing a bomb. It just happens that the dogs know eminent death is now, and move to a safe distance just before the bomb goes off. Umm ya ok. Dogs trained to stay focused in a war zone are gonna suddenly pull back from a target they've been set after. Let's not forget the ground in the immediate area has been shaken and essentially destroyed of any life be it animal or plant. The bomb goes off and the tunnel caves in. Still a dog survived with wounds that are now healing. Ok got it. ?

Here is the real scenario. More than one dog was set loose to chase this guy down. There is no way they did anything but achieve their goal and became meat particles splattered to the sides of the tunnel before it collapsed. Later to have the carcasses recovered, for a proper burial.

Trump can't stop lying. Even when it will cost him his presidency, he will continue to lie day after day.