LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And in this case, the withholding of funds is actually a mischaracterization of what had happened.

Your narrative depends on this doesn't it? What a shame.

In this case, it is because Biden had screwed with Ukraine, and if you take a look into the Steel dossier (which the Democrats had made) it also came from Ukraine.

Imagine that. A republican picking and choosing to suit the shameful narrative.

And I'm saying if you look at the actual data

Shut the fuck up and do this yourself.

Kinda like an asshole on the House Intelligence committee....

Being an asshole must not be a crime because if it was Trump being the king of assholes would serve several life sentences.

Or maybe they are and you don't have a clue what those best interests actually are?

And you do? Zomg! That has got to be a joke. Just reading this thread is proof you haven't a clue. I'll be actually surprised if you haven't failed at everything in life and are subsisting on welfare.

At the end of the Impeachment trial having Trump remain as President isn't vindication of anything you say, said, or want. It will only show that you, who would have half of America die, will support a criminal who is usurping our Constitution for his own gains and laying waste in his path.

And having a Democrat leave the Democrat party to join the Republicans (combined with completely failing to convince a single Republican) only goes show just how much of an unmitigated failure this entire impeachment gambit has been.

Read it and weep bitches https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/us/politics/jeff-van-drew-democrat-republican.html

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Again, you're going to have to provide proof of your claims.

How do you provide proof for something that never happened?

That's like asking for proof that the US was founded by Spain.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Again, whatever Biden's done does not excuse what Trump has done.

But what Biden did EXPLAINS what Trump has done.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

No, it is corrupt. I haven't even heard what the Democrats are saying, because honestly I don't give a shit. This is not some narrative only the Democrats are pushing, this is just fact.

Yes you have, the Democrats are deeply in bed with the US media, so much so that the US media is basically an arm of the Democratic party.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

He very blatantly delayed aid to Ukraine.

That is not as clear as it looks on the surface, and may be more of a misinterpretation as Trump is saying he didn't, and the ones that did it are like a level or two removed from Trump.  Could be as simple as someone down in the power tree trying to make a good resume and screwing something up.  Again, motive here matters greatly.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

He very blatantly asked for Ukraine to investigate Biden.

Because Biden is also of interest for Ukraine as Burisma embezzled a ton of Ukrainian money, and Hunter Biden (at minimum) looks to be connected to that.  It also seems that Joe Biden is connected money wise, but Joe is definitely responsible for strong arming Ukraine.  There is reasonable cause for both countries to investigate what is going on, and it's completely understandable why asking Ukraine to take a look at it from their side is a completely legal (and in this case of corruption warranted) request.

Trying to say otherwise is implying that we should not investigate a criminal because they happen to be running for the office of President.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Both of these were connected, and bribery was definitely what was going on.

When a major white collar crime is committed by a US citizen in another nation, aren't both nations connected because of what happened?

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Your narrative depends on this doesn't it? What a shame.

You mean the truth?

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Imagine that. A democrat picking and choosing to suit the shameful narrative.

FTFY

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Shut the fuck up and do this yourself.

You first.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

And you do? Zomg! That has got to be a joke.

Biggest joke in this thread is you completely losing your shit because the impeachment fiasco is blowing up in the Democrats faces because even the US public realizes that it's nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Just reading this thread is proof you haven't a clue.

Or maybe it's proof that you're grossly out of touch with reality.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

I'll be actually surprised if you haven't failed at everything in life and are subsisting on welfare.

Let me show you a picture of my modded car, a stage 2, 2018 WRX:

image.thumb.png.a66b0e1d0471ee4e59bebc713d4cfa41.png

You don't own one of those without having the financial horsepower to afford the car and the mods.  And unlike your claims otherwise, it's one of the main reasons why I suspect I probably out-earn you.  Then again, I have no doubt you're going to claim this is all made up, because denying reality seems to be your "superpower".

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

You don't own one of those without having the financial horsepower to afford the car and the mods.  And unlike your claims otherwise, it's one of the main reasons why I suspect I probably out-earn you.  Then again, I have no doubt you're going to claim this is all made up, because denying reality seems to be your "superpower".

Wait! You modded out a four door? _O-  DaFuk

Let's assume it is yours. Why would someone spend 30k to only have just over 300 HP?  Financial powerhouse :F

For someone who begs attention and claims to make upwards of 200k. I'm just full of LULZ.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

How do you provide proof for something that never happened?

You're claiming a mischaracterisation happened and that it was gullible to believe otherwise. You're going to need proof. If you're now retracting that, like all other bullshit claims you avoid to prove, just man up and say so.

But what Biden did EXPLAINS what Trump has done.

We don't need an explanation. As has been repeatedly explained, it doesn't excuse it.

Yes you have, the Democrats are deeply in bed with the US media, so much so that the US media is basically an arm of the Democratic party.

Again, doesn't matter, I don't listen to US media. You're hung up on thinking anyone who disagrees with you is drinking the kool aid. What Trump did is corrupt.

That is not as clear as it looks on the surface, and may be more of a misinterpretation as Trump is saying he didn't, and the ones that did it are like a level or two removed from Trump.  Could be as simple as someone down in the power tree trying to make a good resume and screwing something up.  Again, motive here matters greatly.

No, it is pretty clear. There's no brushing it off as human error, it was blatantly intentional.

Because Biden is also of interest for Ukraine as Burisma embezzled a ton of Ukrainian money, and Hunter Biden (at minimum) looks to be connected to that.  It also seems that Joe Biden is connected money wise, but Joe is definitely responsible for strong arming Ukraine.  There is reasonable cause for both countries to investigate what is going on, and it's completely understandable why asking Ukraine to take a look at it from their side is a completely legal (and in this case of corruption warranted) request.

Again, any investigation needs to go through proper channels. What Trump did isn't one of those channels.

Trying to say otherwise is implying that we should not investigate a criminal because they happen to be running for the office of President.

Not even close.

When a major white collar crime is committed by a US citizen in another nation, aren't both nations connected because of what happened?

Again, doesn't excuse the method used.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Again, any investigation needs to go through proper channels. What Trump did isn't one of those channels.

US congress appropriates fund to go to Ukraine. Joe Biden says Ukraine you are corrupt and your top cop needs to go because he is ineffective. No money until he is gone. Joe Biden says Burisma you are corrupt. Your going to place my son on your board and show him you are no longer corrupt. I'll trust the word of my son before I will your own current prosecutor. You're also going to pay Hunter for his time while he is on the board. You want our money show us transparency. Show us you can govern and not be seen as corrupt. In the future when my son reports back to me, if he finds your Burisma remains corrupt, we'll add this to our investigation of Ukraine. Then the US will have to reconsider its options.

This is Quid Pro Quo. This is how appropriations take place. This is how to leverage funds to get results. It's called bargaining for a deal.The United States couldn't very well place a diplomat, elected official, or even a civil servant on Burisma's board to oversee and investigate their business structure. Burisma isn't the largest of Ukraine's energy companies but it is large enough to have an outside country wreak havoc within Ukraine's country by manipulating regulations and prices for energy. Large enough to be used as a tool for Russia to continue to keep pressure on Ukraine to destabilize their economy and their political structure.

What Joe Biden did could be seen as a very intelligent choice resolving several issues at the same time. What Joe Biden didn't do was say dig up dirt on my political opponent while you're at it.

All through this thread Almagnus has been saying this is criminal and needs investigation. Looking at the situation through Republican payback glasses. Looking for angles to discredit any advances leading to the US and Ukraine relations to stem the threat of Russia. Basically saying if a Republican isn't doing it, it is hogwash.

The whole thing about what Almagnus asserts is bullshit because if it wasn't so, Trump could have done a proper investigation on the matter three years ago. Instead he waits for a moment to apply Quid Pro Quo on an appropriation to Ukraine with the caveat of investigating his political opponent.

I can see Almagnus going full on dumbass linking highly opinionated right wing rhetoric. All the while praising his Lord who can do no wrong.

16 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ::deep breath:: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  

You're such a fucking douchebag.

So here's a writeup of what all the FBI did wrong with the entire Trump/Russia investigation... and it also shows why the FISA courts need to go, (or if they must be kept, they need to have far more oversight) https://theintercept.com/2019/12/12/the-inspector-generals-report-on-2016-fb-i-spying-reveals-a-scandal-of-historic-magnitude-not-only-for-the-fbi-but-also-the-u-s-media/

8 hours ago, Doro said:

You're claiming a mischaracterisation happened and that it was gullible to believe otherwise. You're going to need proof. If you're now retracting that, like all other bullshit claims you avoid to prove, just man up and say so.

You're basically asking me to prove the sky is blue, while stating it's actually a healthy shade of yellow.  If we can't agree on what colors are what, nothing else matters as we don't have a common starting point.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

Again, doesn't matter, I don't listen to US media. You're hung up on thinking anyone who disagrees with you is drinking the kool aid. What Trump did is corrupt.

No it's not.  Motive matters here more than anything, as Trump's motive on this determines if the actions are corrupt or if it's legal.  You're being excessively dense about this point.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

No, it is pretty clear. There's no brushing it off as human error, it was blatantly intentional.

I've really got better things to do than go dig up more sources that point this out.  if you haven't caught it from reading the links I've posted at this point, you're a clueless lost cause.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

Maybe in the UK, not necessarily in the US.  Stop thinking we're you.

8 hours ago, Doro said:

Again, doesn't excuse the method used.

So given the link at the top about how screwed up the FBI is right now... what other investigative agencies that aren't trying to screw over Trump does he have?  He was moving the investigation forward while also helping both the US and Ukraine interests on this.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

All through this thread Almagnus has been saying this is criminal and needs investigation. Looking at the situation through Republican payback glasses. Looking for angles to discredit any advances leading to the US and Ukraine relations to stem the threat of Russia. Basically saying if a Republican isn't doing it, it is hogwash.

The whole thing about what Almagnus asserts is bullshit because if it wasn't so, Trump could have done a proper investigation on the matter three years ago. Instead he waits for a moment to apply Quid Pro Quo on an appropriation to Ukraine with the caveat of investigating his political opponent.

If the Democrats actually had some real evidence, they would be able to convince Republicans to their cause, and they wouldn't also be losing party members over impeachment.  That no Republican has stepped forward to join them AND their are Democrats that have either gone independent (or joined the Republican party) only shows that the entire impeachment thing is bullshit.

If the Democrats had something real, it would have gotten Republicans to join them like what happened to Nixon.  However, they're even losing the public going by recent polls (which doesn't really count for much other than raising an eyebrow).

15 hours ago, Splay said:

Wait! You modded out a four door? _O-  DaFuk

Let's assume it is yours. Why would someone spend 30k to only have just over 300 HP?  Financial powerhouse :F

A. It's actually a sports car with a good rally heritage dating back to the early 90's.  See https://www.subaru.com/enthusiasts/rally.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza

B. It's not worth as much as a house, so without the wing on the back and the color not being World Rally Blue, red, or black, I'm not sticking out as much.  So I'm not as likely to get keyed/vandalized by idiots, and I am less likely to deal with idiots and cops on the roads.  While I would lean towards a Ford GT myself, I really wouldn't want to daily drive one as it's just too much of an attention magnet for the wrong type of attention and that would get old, really, really fast.

C. The build out is part of the fun, as you're not only gaining power, but customizing the WRX to be yours - a bit like working on a blank canvas.  So while I started at 220 HP (going by the dyno - I've got to push the crank HP that they put on the websites out to four wheels), my current horsepower is higher because of the modding, and it will continue to increase over time.

D. I still have all the utility of a sedan, which makes it a very useful daily driver.  You can't say that about a Corvette.

E. I am competitive at SCCA events like autocross, and other auto racing events in the area.

8 hours ago, Papi said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9071795

Hey, at least I have one, unlike you.  And no, a clit isn't a penis.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

I can see Almagnus going full on dumbass linking highly opinionated right wing rhetoric. All the while praising his Lord who can do no wrong.

Better than a dumbass spouting left wing insanity.

21 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

You're such a fucking douchebag.

Hi pot, you're looking mighty black today.

-Kettle

48 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You're basically asking me to prove the sky is blue, while stating it's actually a healthy shade of yellow.  If we can't agree on what colors are what, nothing else matters as we don't have a common starting point.

That's a weak excuse and you know it. Prove your claims, or stop acting like anyone who doesn't believe you is an idiot.

No it's not.  Motive matters here more than anything, as Trump's motive on this determines if the actions are corrupt or if it's legal.  You're being excessively dense about this point.

Trumps' motive was to bribe a foreign power by withholding pre-approved aid. That's been clear since the beginning. It's corrupt.

I've really got better things to do than go dig up more sources that point this out.  if you haven't caught it from reading the links I've posted at this point, you're a clueless lost cause.

Except you haven't. Any time I've asked you to prove a point, you dodge it (because you can't, that's pretty clear). Trump himself admitted to at least two fellow Republicans (Sondland and Ron Johnson, except Johnson only claims Trump was intentionally withholding the aid and not because of the Biden thing) exactly what he was doing with the Ukraine case, along with one of his aides also admitting it publicly (Mulvaney). I guess that doesn't fit into your narrative, though, so you've ignored it. So I'm going to request AGAIN that you prove your claim. I won't hold my breath.

Maybe in the UK, not necessarily in the US.  Stop thinking we're you.

No, in the US too, and I'm not think the US is us either, that's just yet another stupid, petty dig from you when you get flustered. You'd have to be mental to think the US President doesn't have procedures to follow.

So given the link at the top about how screwed up the FBI is right now... what other investigative agencies that aren't trying to screw over Trump does he have?  He was moving the investigation forward while also helping both the US and Ukraine interests on this.

Irrelevant, the FBI is domestic, and once again does not excuse what Trump did.

12 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

more bullshit...

I've never seen someone brag so much about how much they supposedly make in order to prove their level of intelligence.   In the words of your mentor, Trump--Sad!

giphy.gif

Now we're starting to get to the interesting stuff...

Apparently the 650ish page document from the House Democrats is one giant pile of QQ as going by https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/16/judiciary-committee-impeachment-report-trump-committed-multiple-federal-crimes-086096

“While individual articles of impeachment have been passed against prior presidents that do not allege criminality, no president has been impeached solely on non-criminal accusations,” Collins writes. He adds that Democrats have failed to exhaust their legal avenues to obtain information they claim Trump is obstructing.

In other words... all they have is butt hurt and QQ, and nothing otherwise.

Like I have been saying all along, this entire impeachment fiasco is just that, a fiasco.  I mean, this sums it up best:

“If President Nixon’s impeachment proceedings are the ‘gold standard’ for presidential impeachment inquiries, these proceedings, in stark contrast, will go down in history as the quintessential example of how such proceedings should not be conducted,” Collins writes.

When you can't bring anyone over to your side, and members of your side have switched, it means you dun fucked up.  Which is exactly what this impeachment proceeding is, a giant fuck up caused by the fucktard Democrats still butthurt that Trump lost.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

That's a weak excuse and you know it. Prove your claims, or stop acting like anyone who doesn't believe you is an idiot.

Have you not seen the fallout?

If this were a legitimate claim, Republicans would have turned.  As the Democrats have lost members of their party over this fiasco (three thus far, and at least one switched parties), and none of the House Republicans have turned against the President, that speaks pretty loudly that this entire thing is a giant pile of bullshit.

You can keep sticking your head in the ground if you wish, but the facts are there clear as day.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

Trumps' motive was to bribe a foreign power by withholding pre-approved aid. That's been clear since the beginning. It's corrupt.

No it has not.  The only people who that have been clear to are the Democrats, and this entire proceeding has been akin to an officer arresting you, and when you ask what you're charged with the officer goes "let me think about it".

6 hours ago, Doro said:

Except you haven't. Any time I've asked you to prove a point, you dodge it (because you can't, that's pretty clear).

Or maybe I don't feel the need to state the obvious to someone who should be smart enough to be picking up on the bullshit.  That said, I'm starting to think I have been overestimating your intelligence.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

Trump himself admitted to at least two fellow Republicans (Sondland and Ron Johnson, except Johnson only claims Trump was intentionally withholding the aid and not because of the Biden thing) exactly what he was doing with the Ukraine case, along with one of his aides also admitting it publicly (Mulvaney).

And the source of this is what exactly?

If you're pointing to the proceeding, where is the testimony for the witnesses that would be for Trump?  There was no due process in that sham of a proceeding, which means Congress denied Trump a fundamental right - but I guess the right to due process is completely foreign to you, so you have no idea how badly Trump was wronged here.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

So I'm going to request AGAIN that you prove your claim. I won't hold my breath.

The fallout is enough proof that it's bullshit.  With Nixon, the Democrats TURNED the Republicans against Nixon and it was a bi-partisan investigation.  The Democrats have only done the "listen and believe" shtick here, and you've been gullible enough to believe it.  The Republicans saw right through the bullshit, and have been stonewalling them because it's a bullshit political gambit that has (largely) blown up in their faces... although they've gone full sunk cost fallacy and don't have the stones to admit they screwed up.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

No, in the US too, and I'm not think the US is us either, that's just yet another stupid, petty dig from you when you get flustered.

So a private investigator is what then?  What's this, Trump hired on Giuliani as a private investigator for investigating the Biden corruption charges with Burisma that have been known since they happened back in 2015?

6 hours ago, Doro said:

Irrelevant, the FBI is domestic, and once again does not excuse what Trump did.

Um... no it's not.  FBI works internationally when necessary.  And that's a pretty well known fact as seen on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Bureau_of_Investigation

Despite its domestic focus, the FBI also maintains a significant international footprint, 

6 hours ago, Papi said:

I've never seen someone brag so much about how much they supposedly make in order to prove their level of intelligence.   In the words of your mentor, Trump--Sad!

giphy.gif

1518982711_1373269348.jpg

Der what!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-host-stunned-by-fox-news-poll-showing-majority-support-trumps-impeachment/ar-BBY39XV?li=BBnbcA1

Who could have guessed?

https://www.newsweek.com/former-bush-ethics-lawyer-says-republicans-have-impeachment-trial-rigged-warns-gop-will-not-1477438?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnerships_related

Rudy! Rudy!

https://www.msn.com/g00/en-us/news/world/rudy-giuliani-and-ukraine-prosecutor-wanted-us-ambassador-yovanovitch-out-of-the-way-report-says/ar-BBY3sok?li=BBnbcA1&i10c.ua=2&i10c.encReferrer=&i10c.dv=15

A flawed man becomes him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schumer-says-gop-senators-are-privately-calling-trumps-ukraine-scheme-wrong-demands-fair-impeachment-trial/ar-BBY3DFT?li=BBnbcA1

All hail King Trump. We don't need rights we have a supreme ruler.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/92percent-of-americans-think-their-basic-rights-are-being-threatened-new-poll-shows/ar-BBY2yCy

"Keep calm. Keeping calm! Fuck here we go again!" MJK

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/moderate-democrats-line-up-behind-impeachment-as-house-prepares-to-vote/ar-BBY2D3Q?li=BBnb7Kz

You forget the Republicans lost a member in the House in July who flipped to Independent. Only one Democrat is switching to Republican and its no coincidence half his staff left him yesterday. One Democrat remains uncommitted and the rest are voting to impeach. Also the Senate has two Republicans who are desperately needed to stop any simple majority motions on the Senate floor affecting the Impeachment trial procedures. Who if you didn't know are likely to vote to Impeach. I can see the Senate having enough Senators to have a simple majority in favor of the Democrats to give McConnell a tough time ramming this trial through without any subpoenaed witnesses who have to this point not appeared.

Your rosy picture just got smeared with poo. Sorry to have done that but you ask for it.

I almost forgot. You remember I said Nunes was going to prison? You know, the guy on the Intelligence committee? The one shooting his mouth off about the proceedings being criminal. Seems he has some questions to answer about his ethics.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/devin-nunes-lives-on-a-congressmans-salary-how-is-he-funding-so-many-lawsuits/ar-AAK9jPp?li=BBnb7Kz

Is there anyone who you are rooting for who isn't a crook?

Just for added humor. Being all conservative like that you are.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mormon-church-has-misled-members-on-100-billion-tax-exempt-investment-fund-whistleblower-alleges/ar-BBY44Kd?li=BBnb7Kz

These are American conservatives. Religious nutters hoarding cash for the day Jesus returns.

In a speech in March 2018, Caussé linked the church’s financial strategy to the “prophecies about the last days.”

Meanwhile the same church denied single mothers in their colleges to apply for state welfare because it violated their religious views.

“Would you pay tithing instead of water, electricity, or feeding your family if you knew that it would sit around by the billions until the Second Coming of Christ?”

To think the far right conservative base is not only propped up by crooks but by batshit crazy nutters to boot. It's no wonder they all think Trump is the man.

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

*more bullshit and excuses*

Okay, let me know when you're going to grow a pair and accept you're wrong on this one. That, or actually provide evidence for your claims, which you've so far failed to do repeatedly.

16 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If the Democrats actually had some real evidence, they would be able to convince Republicans to their cause, and they wouldn't also be losing party members over impeachment.  That no Republican has stepped forward to join them AND their are Democrats that have either gone independent (or joined the Republican party) only shows that the entire impeachment thing is bullshit.

If the Democrats had something real, it would have gotten Republicans to join them like what happened to Nixon.  However, they're even losing the public going by recent polls (which doesn't really count for much other than raising an eyebrow).

A. It's actually a sports car with a good rally heritage dating back to the early 90's.  See https://www.subaru.com/enthusiasts/rally.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza

B. It's not worth as much as a house, so without the wing on the back and the color not being World Rally Blue, red, or black, I'm not sticking out as much.  So I'm not as likely to get keyed/vandalized by idiots, and I am less likely to deal with idiots and cops on the roads.  While I would lean towards a Ford GT myself, I really wouldn't want to daily drive one as it's just too much of an attention magnet for the wrong type of attention and that would get old, really, really fast.

C. The build out is part of the fun, as you're not only gaining power, but customizing the WRX to be yours - a bit like working on a blank canvas.  So while I started at 220 HP (going by the dyno - I've got to push the crank HP that they put on the websites out to four wheels), my current horsepower is higher because of the modding, and it will continue to increase over time.

D. I still have all the utility of a sedan, which makes it a very useful daily driver.  You can't say that about a Corvette.

E. I am competitive at SCCA events like autocross, and other auto racing events in the area.

Hey, at least I have one, unlike you.  And no, a clit isn't a penis.

Better than a dumbass spouting left wing insanity.

Hi pot, you're looking mighty black today.

-Kettle

Yeah, but I haven't bragged about my salary or posted a picture of my dope Subaru like a "wannabe chad."  By the way, saying I'm the pot and you're the kettle just means we're both douchebags.  I'm not sure if you knew that or not.  Either way, you're still a douchebag.

The sad thing about the discourse (if we can call it that) in this thread is that it is a snapshot of what is happening around the U.S.

We are so divided on these political issues that actual facts are being either denied or outright ignored.  In most cases, simply for the sake of not being on the "wrong" side.

The fact that people (like Almagnus has demonstrated here) are willing to vote or take a side opposite to group X--simply to spite group X--regardless of facts or common sense or right or wrong...well, it's disheartening.

I mean, some people can't even admit that what Trump did was wrong, let alone impeachable.  

The House will vote to impeach him.  The Senate will acquit him.  And the 2020 election will probably be one of the ugliest in the history of the United States.  In other words, we're fucked.

3 hours ago, Papi said:

I mean, some people can't even admit that what Trump did was wrong, let alone impeachable.  

because he is innocent.  it really was a perfect call.

and for those of you soo certain a quid pro quo certainly happened...   i wonder just who it is that is soo thick?

because Trump saying stuff like this:

Well it's very nice of you to say that.  I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine.  We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time.  Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are.  Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it's something that you should really ask them about.  When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she doesn't do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way  so I think it's something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.  I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not

good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

can only mean bribery, (quid pro quo) but can't possible be a horn he trumpets, like for example this previous speech:

or i dunno what he has been saying pretty much his whole public life:

a connection has been made on hearsay testimony,  where no such connection exists.  if such concrete proof existed, it would have been presented as evidence.  it would also have been included in the articles of impeachment, which i might ad.... IT WAS NOT!

Trumps demeanor and language was the same with President Zelenski on that phone call as it has been for the past 40 years.

there was no quid pro quo.

the Democrats could not prove it & neither can any of you.  hence it was NOT included in the articles of Impeachment.

as for not liking Trumps style...  who cares.  he won 2016 and he will win 2020.

only really odd thing is why hasn't the house vote happened yet?  may be a surprise that no one expected there as well.

regardless, he won't be convicted in the Senate...   not before the 2020 election.

it should be obvious if that was to transpire, the republican candidates would be firing up their campaigns.  & the singular person to do just that...

image.png.dcdead2df4fa1e8ce5b70054f79eed02.png

stopped.

Depending on just how well Trump does in 2020, maybe it is time for an exemption to the 22nd amendment(which started in 1947) and he can go again in 2024.  Trump could win that too.

???

4 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

it really was a perfect call.

Not even the Republican witness (constitutional scholar) agreed with that, but sure...

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Not even the Republican witness (constitutional scholar) agreed with that, but sure...

Don't you just love it when they quote the transcript memo but leave out the "I would like you to do us a favor though" and the whole Biden part?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/splintered-us-moves-to-subject-trump-to-profound-disgrace/ar-BBY5U4W?li=BBnb7Kz

" WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump stands on the threshold of what two ex-presidents called the “profound disgrace” of impeachment, a permanent stain on his legacy."

It's good to know even in an era of corrupt normalcy justice is preserved for history.

"Yet, for all time, there will be no erasing the ultimate presidential black mark.

''Make no mistake, the judgment of history does matter,” two former presidents, Republican Gerald Ford and Democrat Jimmy Carter, wrote in an op-ed after the House impeached Clinton in 1998."

Profundity of history.

"Shall any man be above Justice?” George Mason asked, according to the minutes. Benjamin Franklin suggested impeachment was a better alternative than assassination “for the regular punishment of the Executive where his misconduct should deserve it.”

James Madison thought impeachment “indispensable” for dealing with a president's “incapacity, negligence or perfidy.”

“He might pervert his administration into a scheme of peculation or oppression,” he said, according to the minutes. “He might betray his trust to foreign powers.”

From such debate came the standard of treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors. In the era of Trump, that standard is on trial as well.

How will history claim this moment of today?

On 12/16/2019 at 1:02 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Let me show you a picture of my modded car, a stage 2, 2018 WRX:

You can get a 2018 WRX STI for under £26000 (approx $34000), not really an expensive car even modded  with stage 2 costing around $3000.  Not that big a deal

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

You can get a 2018 WRX STI for under £26000 (approx $34000), not really an expensive car even modded  with stage 2 costing around $3000.  Not that big a deal

With everything done on the WRX, it's actually closer to $50k, as you're factoring sticker cost alone, and not the warranty.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:46 AM, Doro said:

Okay, let me know when you're going to grow a pair and accept you're wrong on this one. That, or actually provide evidence for your claims, which you've so far failed to do repeatedly.

The evidence is so blindingly obvious that all you need to do is read through the many links that I have posted, and you should be able to piece it together... assuming you're actually smart enough to do that - and if you haven't been doing so all along then there's little point in continuing on this point.

Republicans have not flipped (they know it's all bullshit), and this is going to be shot down in the Senate because the Democrats failed to provide proof that what they allege is true.  Their only excuse is to demand the Republicans bring forth witnesses.... that they really should have brought forth but didn't because they knew it would have crippled their narrative.  This entire process is exactly like a cop arresting you, and then bringing you to the station to determine what you're guilty of without having probable cause, much less the required warrant, to arrest you... and the public knows this.  And by the way, any cop that does that is probably going to be leaving their badge and gun at the station as they walk out with whomever they arrested.

Either way, all the Democrats have succeeded in doing is guarantee Trump a 2020 win.