LOTROCommunity

US Elections 2020

11 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

With everything done on the WRX, it's actually closer to $50k, as you're factoring sticker cost alone, and not the warranty.

Given the average new car cost in the UK is around £33500 which is around $44000 even at $50000 that is not that expensive.  The average new car price in the US is $36700

To put things in perspective the average wage in the UK is £29500 ($39600) and in the US it is $47000.  

So your car is about 1 years wage, where as the average new car in the UK is now than 1 years wage.  So I will say it again not that expensive

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay that is just the most batshit answer you could give. First as previously mentioned, not all women can take the pill for a wide range of reasons. Second, where the actual flying fuck is the respon

Back early in this thread Almagnus wanted us to take a test so he could adjust his responses. I am no fool. A person of conviction doesn't amend their opinions based on what others say. Its been more

pffft

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

... assuming you're actually smart enough to do that

Yeah, yeah, everyone else is too stupid to understand the bullshit you're spouting, whatever you say. What are you going to do next to prove your genius, post a picture of a washing machine you've "pimped out"? I should've really stopped giving you the benefit of the doubt the moment you tried to equate money with intelligence. I know you don't realise it, but trying to brag about mundane shit like that does the exact opposite of what you intended.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Republicans have not flipped (they know it's all bullshit), and this is going to be shot down in the Senate because the Democrats failed to provide proof that what they allege is true.  Their only excuse is to demand the Republicans bring forth witnesses.... that they really should have brought forth but didn't because they knew it would have crippled their narrative.  This entire process is exactly like a cop arresting you, and then bringing you to the station to determine what you're guilty of without having probable cause, much less the required warrant, to arrest you... and the public knows this.  And by the way, any cop that does that is probably going to be leaving their badge and gun at the station as they walk out with whomever they arrested.

This is a prime example of previously mentioned bad faith.

You site Democrats have no case because they failed to provide proof. No actually, those who could provide proof were told to ignore a subpoena by Trump. Unless ofc you are asserting the opposite of what Bolton's attorney has said openly. Bolton has a story to tell and will when he is released by Trump or the courts. Mulvaney is a torch waiting to be set on fire and Trump knows this. The Republicans have taken every road to stall the House. Including the failed attempt to drag out time by entering the courts to force a subpoena to be honored.

Now McConnell is hoping Republicans can deny the trial any witnesses, all the while back in the Clinton Impeachment he urged the opposite.

So you saying there is no proof is like saying a fire can't ignite. Taking away the oxygen makes it a truth, but we don't live in a vacuum of space here on earth. Do we?

Bad faith all the way down to the dregs.

Completely down party lines, citing abuse of power (LOL) and "obstruction of Congress".  Completely unsurprising, and with little actual evidence to back up the former with the latter so laughably bad that one of the Democrats that voted for abuse of power voted against obstruction of Congress.  Tulsi Gabbard abstained from voting, and not a single Republican voted for the impeachment.  This entire voting behavior only goes to show how dubious these really are... if they were legit, ALL of the Democrats would have voted in favor of both charges, as would some of the Republicans.

Now to watch this shitshow implode in the Senate....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-impeached-house-abuse-power-n1104196

7 hours ago, Doro said:

Yeah, yeah, everyone else is too stupid to understand the bullshit you're spouting, whatever you say.

If the impeachment allegations aren't bullshit, why weren't all of the Democrats on board with the impeachment vote?  Why did the Democrat party LOSE members over impeachment?

Those two things should not have happened if the charges were legitimate, as it shows that even House Democrats don't believe this bullshit.

7 hours ago, Doro said:

What are you going to do next to prove your genius, post a picture of a washing machine you've "pimped out"?

What, you have one you tricked out?

31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Completely down party lines, citing abuse of power (LOL) and "obstruction of Congress".  Completely unsurprising, and with little actual evidence to back up the former with the latter so laughably bad that one of the Democrats that voted for abuse of power voted against obstruction of Congress.  Tulsi Gabbard abstained from voting, and not a single Republican voted for the impeachment.  This entire voting behavior only goes to show how dubious these really are... if they were legit, ALL of the Democrats would have voted in favor of both charges, as would some of the Republicans.

Now to watch this shitshow implode in the Senate....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-impeached-house-abuse-power-n1104196

If the impeachment allegations aren't bullshit, why weren't all of the Democrats on board with the impeachment vote?  Why did the Democrat party LOSE members over impeachment?

Those two things should not have happened if the charges were legitimate, as it shows that even House Democrats don't believe this bullshit.

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted 258-176 to commence impeachment proceedings against Clinton on October 8, 1998.  It seems awfully similar.  Since the process is political in nature it makes total sense that the vote would be along party lines. 

It is also batshit insane for McConnell to openly proclaim that they would be coordinating with the WH and its defense team.  

You make it sound like Republicans have never done anything in a partisan manner.  You really need to stop smoking meth.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You can find their explanations online. One is joining the Republicans now (Van Drew), a second is Republican in all but name anyway (Peterson), and the third voted only against the obstruction charge (Golden). Van Drew said impeachment would cause too much friction, nothing about whether the charges were legitimate. Peterson said the process was too partisan, but again nothing about whether charges were legitimate. Golden said the obstruction wasn't strong enough to impeach over, and but agreed Trump clearly tried to bribe Ukraine for dirt.

However, you're counting 2 or 3 against ~230 that did vote to impeach.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I souped it up once. I accidentally spilt mulligatawny on it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-faces-backlash-after-john-dingell-hell-joke-during-michigan-rally-its-below-basic-human-decency/ar-BBY9M8D

Some people are not worthy to be called a President. Trump certainly fits this category. It's almost like the guy is possessed by a demon and he sits inside his awareness in a total state of shock at how he has no control of what he says or does. It's like some twisted version of The Manchurian Candidate. Trump's lack of a filter, controlled by impulse, has again set him up to be a complete ass. I can see people pissing on his grave and almost feel it would be a noble act.

No president in the United States history has set out and agenda to purposely divide its citizens as Trump has. In this he has succeeded and to think he considers this a good thing. On one hand, I consider it a travesty where future generations will pay a formidable price not yet measurable. On the other, I think it is a needed requirement for the change the US desperately needs. So as to one day bring about a better country where those who remain can live with some degree of equality to move passed the mundane skirmishes of political difference. For those who remain...

There was a man (Geoff Tate) in the late 80s who penned lyrics to songs which had their band placed on a FBI watch list. Then current president. George Bush senior wanted their tour banned from performing and threatened to have them charged. There was just one little obstacle called the 1st Amendment. They toured and here is some excerpts which resounded in their time and hold true today. These reverberations still echo through the back streets of cities and towns all across America.

"Got no love for politicians
Or that crazy scene in D.C.
It's just a power mad town
But the time is ripe for changes
There's a growing feeling
That taking a chance on a new kind of vision is due
I used to trust the media
To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I've seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?
Revolution calling"

"Fighting fire with empty words
While the banks get fat
And the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich
And the cops get paid
To look away
As the one percent rules America

Spreading the disease"

President Trump has been Impeached. He will carry this stain like a tattoo on his forehead to his grave and historically far beyond. The rest of the process means little. The Senate will obviously exonerate him in some capacity when they get the chance. It isn't vindication and can't remove the truth. President Trump is just a stupid, impulsive, idiot. Trump may very well be the US's next President as well, it won't change who he is. At best the indelible mark might dissuade Trump from some of his strongest impulses. Yet at the same time embolden him to further digressions leading to a point where Americans will set the country ablaze with anarchy and dissension. And... those who remain just might get it right following the aftermath.

Me:

Enough of my life has expired, nothing really matters in a solidified way which can place any major change to my day to day activities. I'll live it until its end and care little for insanity of today's world. My only interest in calling out Trump in this thread was to voice an opinion on a man who doesn't deserve the position he currently has. This will come to pass as all things do. Trump will fall in disgrace and the world will move on.

When I said in earlier pages I was pretty much done posting on the topic of Trump as a President possibly running in the 2020 elections, Almagnus took that as an absolute I was done completely. Interesting how reading comprehension varies from reader to reader. I claimed no absolute. I, in a later post, said I would post one last time on the subject of Trump's Impeachment. Here it is, but again don't mistake that as an absolute to remain silent on the topic, of the 2020 election, because this is about more than some infantile, egomaniac living on impulse.

On a tangential note regarding Almagnus. Highlighted below are some things that got my attention. More specific are the bold highlights.

A. It's actually a sports car with a good rally heritage dating back to the early 90's.  See https://www.subaru.com/enthusiasts/rally.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza

B. It's not worth as much as a house, so without the wing on the back and the color not being World Rally Blue, red, or black, I'm not sticking out as much.  So I'm not as likely to get keyed/vandalized by idiots, and I am less likely to deal with idiots and cops on the roads.  While I would lean towards a Ford GT myself, I really wouldn't want to daily drive one as it's just too much of an attention magnet for the wrong type of attention and that would get old, really, really fast.

C. The build out is part of the fun, as you're not only gaining power, but customizing the WRX to be yours - a bit like working on a blank canvas.  So while I started at 220 HP (going by the dyno - I've got to push the crank HP that they put on the websites out to four wheels), my current horsepower is higher because of the modding, and it will continue to increase over time.

D. I still have all the utility of a sedan, which makes it a very useful daily driver.  You can't say that about a Corvette.

E. I am competitive at SCCA events like autocross, and other auto racing events in the area

https://www.texasscca.org/solo-results/

There is only one car which is a 2018 Subaru WRX that is not a World Rally Blue in their list of competitors. One and it was driven by a woman. Just to be complete, I went back to 2017 to current 2019, because I know a year model can be sold before its actual year. Now maybe I am in error here, but I recall here and on the OF you seemingly present yourself as male. This dual existence is not unheard of and for some with good reason or opinion to do so. So with the assumption you are indeed a guy, I see some incredulity here. Another assumption is that you were/are competitive in the car you posted. Showing a car with a Texas plate. Surely those assumptions, I attach to this discovery are merited. Wouldn't you agree?

For those who choose to place themselves in the spot light invite themselves to scrutiny. Leaders of nations and common folk alike.

12 hours ago, Doro said:

You can find their explanations online. One is joining the Republicans now (Van Drew), a second is Republican in all but name anyway (Peterson), and the third voted only against the obstruction charge (Golden). Van Drew said impeachment would cause too much friction, nothing about whether the charges were legitimate. Peterson said the process was too partisan, but again nothing about whether charges were legitimate. Golden said the obstruction wasn't strong enough to impeach over, and but agreed Trump clearly tried to bribe Ukraine for dirt.

However, you're counting 2 or 3 against ~230 that did vote to impeach.

Here's the thing though, if this impeachment thing had actual teeth, people would see it and fall in line behind it.  As it's all bullshit, they won't.  I mean, from your own media, Pelosi isn't even doing her job https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7809853/House-Democrats-begin-agitating-Nancy-Pelosi-HOLD-articles-impeachment-leverage.html

I souped it up once. I accidentally spilt mulligatawny on it.

So you're living space is so small that you've got to use the washing machine as a table?  I knew the Brits were cramped for space but I had no idea it was that bad....

14 hours ago, Amenhir said:

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted 258-176 to commence impeachment proceedings against Clinton on October 8, 1998.  It seems awfully similar.  Since the process is political in nature it makes total sense that the vote would be along party lines. 

It's not, Clinton actually committed a crime whereas Trump did not.  That and Trump's not a serial rapist.

It is also batshit insane for McConnell to openly proclaim that they would be coordinating with the WH and its defense team.  

Yeah, cause all the Republicans know how bullshit this particular impeachment is.  Schiff and Pelosi have provided the political science text books a great example of how not to hold an impeachment... but then again expecting the Democrats to be competent is like trying to find a plaid zebra.

You make it sound like Republicans have never done anything in a partisan manner.

Ironic considering the Democrats wrote the book on partisan shenanigans.

You really need to stop smoking meth.

I'm sorry, but my WRX was never modded to use methanol.  You must be confusing me with someone else.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

E. I am competitive at SCCA events like autocross, and other auto racing events in the area

https://www.texasscca.org/solo-results/

There is only one car which is a 2018 Subaru WRX that is not a World Rally Blue in their list of competitors. One and it was driven by a woman. Just to be complete, I went back to 2017 to current 2019, because I know a year model can be sold before its actual year. Now maybe I am in error here, but I recall here and on the OF you seemingly present yourself as male. This dual existence is not unheard of and for some with good reason or opinion to do so. So with the assumption you are indeed a guy, I see some incredulity here. Another assumption is that you were/are competitive in the car you posted. Showing a car with a Texas plate. Surely those assumptions, I attach to this discovery are merited. Wouldn't you agree?

My result(s) are listed there, you suck at finding them.

As I don't want to give you enough info to become my stalker (as your life is clearly so boring that your hellbent on doxing me), I'm going to stay vague.  I mean, the last thing I need is some 500 lb basement dweller trying to stalk and/or leave me heavy breathing voicemails - let alone the insanity of some retard on the internet trying to track me down IRL.  The thought alone is enough to make me want to toss my cookies.

25 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Here's the thing though, if this impeachment thing had actual teeth, people would see it and fall in line behind it.  As it's all bullshit, they won't.  I mean, from your own media, Pelosi isn't even doing her job https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7809853/House-Democrats-begin-agitating-Nancy-Pelosi-HOLD-articles-impeachment-leverage.html

If all disagreements worked like that, there wouldn't be disagreements in the first place.

25 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

So you're living space is so small that you've got to use the washing machine as a table?  I knew the Brits were cramped for space but I had no idea it was that bad....

We normally put our washing machines in the kitchen (apparently some countries put them in the bathroom). Mine's under the counter where the microwave is.

9 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

#Worthless drivel

You doxxed yourself. For someone so intelligent you make dumb choices just like Trump. It's no miracle he is your rapture.

There is a whole other side to American politics. Whether for good or ill the duality of the US political spectrum has more than just a temper tantrum idiot in its sphere. That is where I'll be placing my comments. See ya Trumpeteer.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

If all disagreements worked like that, there wouldn't be disagreements in the first place.

Well, to be fair, I'm not the one trying to prove Trump to be Hitler.....

1 hour ago, Doro said:

We normally put our washing machines in the kitchen (apparently some countries put them in the bathroom). Mine's under the counter where the microwave is.

... no wonder we threw out the Brits from the Colonies, such a strange and backwards people.  There's a reason why laundry rooms exist....

1 hour ago, Splay said:

You doxxed yourself. For someone so intelligent you make dumb choices just like Trump. It's no miracle he is your rapture.

There is a whole other side to American politics. Whether for good or ill the duality of the US political spectrum has more than just a temper tantrum idiot in its sphere. That is where I'll be placing my comments. See ya Trumpeteer.

You're also making the assumption that I actually ran with the SCCA between 2017 and 2019, and that I'm not intentionally feeding you false information because I know you literally have no life and nothing better to do with yourself, and screwing with you is kinda funny because you are just so easy to manipulate.

How do you know that's I'm not trolling you and that's really my WRX?

----
For that matter, how do you know this isn't me?
image.thumb.png.4e35459d9683d99c1f7acd6aca394713.png

---

And here's what the Democrats won't talk about... all the judge nominations that Trump has done... https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics/senate-mcconnell-judges/index.html

Nobody is paying attention to what is happening in the Senate while the house tries to play Inspector Clouseau, as the events in the Senate basically make this a huge win for Trump as the news media will only cover impeachment, and not things Trump is putting in place to allow Republicans to win for decades to come.  Perhaps Trump even wanted impeachment to use as a cover for the Senate?

55 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

#Worthless psychobabble.

It is probably best for you to let it lie, because the more you spew on about it, the more it makes you look like a liar.  It took all of 5 minutes to look at 2 1/2 years of SCCA results. That hardly qualifies me as a stalker. Also at no point did I put a name here, so piss off.

The best call to make you not look like a liar and an ass would be to have MueR or Doro remove the post you made and accordingly mine who called you out. If in the least your car pic and the info relating to SCCA competition. Personally I couldnt give a wailing fuck who you are, let alone a whispering fuck. You tout yourself as intelligent. You are not. You boast you are rich or atleast on top a small hill of cash income. You are not and least of all among those who post here. It was in poor form to dox yourself. Especially because you need anonymity to be something you are not. Admit it to yourself and move on.

Nearly everyone is redeemable. Even a bad faith actor.

And it just keeps getting better and better for the Republicans.  Not only can they drag it out for as long as it takes Pelosi and the House to deliver the documents containing the actual charges to the Senate (which is akin to a DA dragging their feet on filing charges for an alleged crime committed by a crime a city council member), the Republicans can drag this thing out and effectively derail the campaigns of Warren and Sanders by forcing them to stay in DC for the duration of the impeachment trial.  In other words, this thing was a huge victory for the Republicans. https://apnews.com/98642cf3a1e3f0c314157a121901ca34

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Nearly everyone is redeemable. Even a bad faith actor.

Everyone but a bigoted stalker like you.

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Perhaps Trump even wanted impeachment to use as a cover for the Senate?

The implication that Trump is a grand master of 5 dimensional chess is one of the most fascinating aspects of those who like him because he pisses off the people they hate. It's very strange.

26 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

The implication that Trump is a grand master of 5 dimensional chess is one of the most fascinating aspects of those who like him because he pisses off the people they hate. It's very strange.

I agree it is strange. The lead lined hat theory applies here. A place where not even (garbage in, garbage out) information exchange can happen. The mind is in perfect isolation left to grandiose illusion.

The devotion is like a cult who have all been drinking the Kool Aid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

It's a good thing Putin didn't tell the president he had aliens housed in Siberia.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

#I'm triggered

Label that douchebag.

5 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Look at it this way, if the plan was to let Trump have all the attention (which is what Trump likes) while the Senate gets stuff done, I'd say it worked really well.  I mean, there's not been any coverage on the judge appointments, and that's going to shape how this country functions for a very, very long time.

4 hours ago, Splay said:

I agree it is strange. The lead lined hat theory applies here. A place where not even (garbage in, garbage out) information exchange can happen. The mind is in perfect isolation left to grandiose illusion.

The devotion is like a cult who have all been drinking the Kool Aid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

Well, at least you're starting to see the problem with many a Democrat, especially those idiots that think Trump is now removed from office.

4 hours ago, Splay said:

Label that douchebag.

Oh, so the person that's been triggered from their second post in this thread is now calling me triggered.  You've been triggered so long you forgotten what normal is.

With Pelosi having (as far as I can tell) failed to deliver the articles to the Senate, the legal question over whether or not Trump has actually been impeached is now open.  This is akin to a DA creating all the necessary paperwork to file for charges against someone... then not handing the charges over to the court.  As the charges have not been officially filed, that person is basically not accused, despite the charges existing as the charges haven't actually entered into the system.  Or, put a different way, it's like if a bill is drafted and voted on in the House, and never be turned over to the Senate, was the bill really passed?

Is this really a political game of chicken where the Democrats have lost their nerve?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-19/trump-lawyers-ask-if-pelosi-delay-means-trump-not-yet-impeached

14 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Look at it this way, if the plan was to let Trump have all the attention (which is what Trump likes) while the Senate gets stuff done, I'd say it worked really well.  I mean, there's not been any coverage on the judge appointments, and that's going to shape how this country functions for a very, very long time.

It's grand fun to think that the call to Zelensky in July was planned so that Trump would be impeached in December as a distraction for  sneaking in judge appointments in the meantime. (Perhaps the whistleblower was a plant or, maybe, a gullible stooge?) I find it truly interesting that this kind of thing even crosses someone's mind.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

With Pelosi having (as far as I can tell) failed to deliver the articles to the Senate, the legal question over whether or not Trump has actually been impeached is now open.

and you still don't know how impeachment works...

7 minutes ago, Papi said:

and you still don't know how impeachment works...

I mean, it's not like Pelosi has (by failing to deliver the articles to the Senate) created a whole bunch of legal questions that haven't previously existed.

But please, Chad, enlighten me.