LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

13 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

With Pelosi having (as far as I can tell) failed to deliver the articles to the Senate, the legal question over whether or not Trump has actually been impeached is now open....

4 hours ago, Papi said:

and you still don't know how impeachment works...

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

enlighten me...

There is no legal question of whether or not he has been impeached.  It's done.  The House voted.  Regardless of what happens later in the Senate, he will go down in history as the 3rd President to be impeached.  Period.

Even if it doesn't go to the Senate (which, if you take a look at constitution scholars, it doesn't have to), the record of impeachment stands.  Pelosi can keep the articles in the House for as long as she wants--to be honest, it's a smart move on her part since Moscow Mitch has already preemptively stated there will be an acquittal regardless (which was a mistake).

On 12/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Papi said:

There is no legal question of whether or not he has been impeached.

And like a typical Chad, your reading comprehension blows chunks.  I am not debating whether or not Trump has been impeached, merely stating that with House failing to deliver the charges to the Senate, it's leaving it in new legal territory which opens the question about leaving the charges undelivered renders the impeachment null and void.  Or put another way:  If the House votes a bill and it passes, but the House never hands the bill over the Senate, that's functionally identical to a bill that never passes in the house.

It's done.  The House voted.

No it's not, the House failed to hand the charges over to the Senate which completes the process.  How can you put someone on trial if there are no charges against that person?

Regardless of what happens later in the Senate, he will go down in history as the 3rd President to be impeached.  Period.

Even if it doesn't go to the Senate (which, if you take a look at constitution scholars, it doesn't have to), the record of impeachment stands.

The record of the vote happened, but the process is incomplete, which leaves it open to being declared null and void as a Republican house session can decide to rescind the impeachment.  If the Democrats really want to ensure the impeachment sticks, they MUST hand over the articles to the Senate and complete their side of it.

Pelosi can keep the articles in the House for as long as she wants--to be honest, it's a smart move on her part since Moscow Mitch has already preemptively stated there will be an acquittal regardless (which was a mistake).

And if Pelosi does so, the Republicans can argue that the impeachment is null and void because the end result is functionally identical to a failed impeachment vote.  And your forgetting that the Republicans can still force a trial and pull Sanders and Warren out of the primary race, essentially screwing over two of the leading Democratic candidates.  Pelosi screwed over her party by even going here, as the impeachment of Trump is the best Christmas gift the Democrats could have ever given Trump.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I am not debating whether or not Trump has been impeached...

On 12/21/2019 at 12:03 AM, Almagnus1 said:

the legal question over whether or not Trump has actually been impeached is now open...

Right...

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Right...

Some nutter's (Almagnus) have no clue about civics. Even when it is thrown in their face.

Bills often set for long periods of time in both the House and the Senate. Sometimes for years even after a vote has passed a bill. In this case Impeachment, the House vote stands on its own. The Articles never have to be passed on to the Senate and the decree based on a House vote remains. Impeachment isn't a legal proceeding in a court. Impeachment isn't a bill put forth to a vote to possibly become a law through the remaining legislative process. Impeachment is neither and yet both. There is no time limit to pass Articles of Impeachment on to the Senate once the House as created Articles and voted on them. It is in itself set on a different standard.

Since there are no guidelines previously established on details such as timelines, it is pure genius to use the grey area for the matter at hand today. The overarching guideline is the Congress has 100% power over how Impeachment is to happen. The fact that the Senate trial comes after is of no concern to this fact. Which is. Until the Congress passes the Articles on to the Senate, the Articles cannot be judged. By having Congress hold onto the process doesn't make it void. The only way this can ever change is through ratifying an amendment to the US Constitution. The US Supreme Court has no jurisdiction on the matter. The President has no power over the matter. Checks and balances are working.

The smart political move to make here would be to wait until the Supreme Court issues their determination on those who were subpoenaed. Why? Because again, Congress has sole authority on Impeachment. Articles could be added if they pass a majority vote. In fact, Congress could open new investigations leading to more future votes on Impeachment.  To expand further, Congress could wait until after the next election as well. Imagine how a Senate trial might go if political power changed hands.  Referencing back to the previous paragraph. Congress has the sole authority on Impeachment.

As I read the daily news, I smile because those who think this deal is in the bag are now whinging non stop. Their proclivity to assumption and expectation has found themselves on their ass. I do admit I didn't see this coming, but once I read the headlines, I couldn't help but to laugh long and loud. The howls of wrong doing and back handed politics are now beholden to those who stood with smug composure. I do love watching a political bitch slap well deserved hitting its mark.

"And like a typical Chad"  I'm pretty sure there is only one Chad in this thread and it's the douche who posted a pic of his alleged Subaru.

6 hours ago, Papi said:

Right...

I'm not the one that's misinterpreting hypothetical musings about something that can be seen as the legal equivalent of Schrodinger's cat.  I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity and reading ability to understand that point, Chad.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Bills often set for long periods of time in both the House and the Senate. Sometimes for years even after a vote has passed a bill.

Name one.

42 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

"And like a typical Chad"  I'm pretty sure there is only one Chad in this thread and it's the douche who posted a pic of his alleged Subaru.

Actually, the three Chads are @Splay, @Papi, and @Amenhir - which is not surprising as the Democratic party is basically the party of Chad, Karen, and maybe a couple of Kevins.

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Name one.

Here, I'll help ya get started.

Hopefully you can pick it up from here. As any citizen of any nation, being a citizen is not only a right, but a duty to know how that nation's government works. Being an American living in the US is not an exception.

Just in case, you are under the illusionary spell of political partiality, drunk on the wine of divisiveness, you can go to the Senate's website and read which bills are setting on Addison Mitchell McConnell's desk. Also which bills passed by House are sitting in committee in the Senate.

6 hours ago, Splay said:

Here, I'll help ya get started.

Hopefully you can pick it up from here. As any citizen of any nation, being a citizen is not only a right, but a duty to know how that nation's government works. Being an American living in the US is not an exception.

Just in case, you are under the illusionary spell of political partiality, drunk on the wine of divisiveness, you can go to the Senate's website and read which bills are setting on Addison Mitchell McConnell's desk. Also which bills passed by House are sitting in committee in the Senate.

Ok, so I ask for a concrete example and you cite a Schoolhouse Rock video because you clearly do not understand (or know) what you're talking about.

Yet another clueless Democrat that thinks they actually know something when the reality is you're another retarded Democrat standing on Mt. Stupid:

dunning-kruger-effect.png

Truly... Scar said it best:

hqdefault.jpg

And even more proof that the Democrats have no clue what they are doing with impeachment https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/23/doj-impeachment-vote-undercut-house-mcgahn-testimony-089604 .  At this point, all Trump needs to do is just give the Democrats the spotlight and they are going to sell Trump better than he can sell himself.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Ok, so I ask for a concrete example

Look up your own info. It's so easy for you to answer your own questions when the facts are readily found.

Where these people place their trust and vote will decide the 2020 election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/christianity-today-again-slams-trump-raises-issue-of-unconditional-loyalty/ar-BBYhPi7?li=BBnbfcL

It has got to be a tough position for those who live with and expect religious observance in all parts of their lives.

I found this quote stood out.

"With profound love and respect," Dalrymple said, "we ask our brothers and sisters in Christ to consider whether they have given to Caesar what belongs only to God: their unconditional loyalty."

Their problem is where do they put that loyalty when the current fountain is tainted. Abstaining may be their only choice.

6 hours ago, Splay said:

Where these people place their trust and vote will decide the 2020 election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/christianity-today-again-slams-trump-raises-issue-of-unconditional-loyalty/ar-BBYhPi7?li=BBnbfcL

It has got to be a tough position for those who live with and expect religious observance in all parts of their lives.

I found this quote stood out.

"With profound love and respect," Dalrymple said, "we ask our brothers and sisters in Christ to consider whether they have given to Caesar what belongs only to God: their unconditional loyalty."

Their problem is where do they put that loyalty when the current fountain is tainted. Abstaining may be their only choice.

I think this is what's going to happen.  My 70 yr old Father isn't voting in the next election.  He voted for Trump in 2016 but he's having a crisis of conscience.  He now regrets that decision and has actually apologized.  He says he can't vote for a candidate who is pro-choice.  A Trump voter who isn't going to vote at all is about as good as a vote for someone else.  There are also all those voters who voted against Clinton instead of for Trump. 

It's not like Trump was elected with this huge majority of votes.  He lost the popular vote by a considerable margin and he only won the electoral college by 77,000 votes or so.  I would be more worried if Trump hadn't spent the last few years getting people to dislike him.  Bill Clinton left office with a 65% approval rating.  Trump has never been above 50%.  I know some polls have stated so but these are usually outliers.  I don't think impeachment is going to get Trump the sympathy vote.  That's what their betting on but at this point his bitching and whining is more pathetic than endearing.  Perhaps if Trump were a 5 yr old instead of only acting like one.

2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

It's not like Trump was elected with this huge majority of votes.  He lost the popular vote by a considerable margin and he only won the electoral college by 77,000 votes or so.

So going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election , the electoral college vote was 304-227.

I would be more worried if Trump hadn't spent the last few years getting people to dislike him.

Only people that hate him are the liberal idiots.

It's not like Trump was elected with this huge majority of votes.

Yes he barely won and in one state by only some 5,000 votes which gave its electorates. This isn't not only contained to voters. These past four years 30 Republican Congress members have retired. Some citing self imposed term limits. Others claiming they don't want to serve in a Democrat majority Congress. Some outright saying they don't want to sink or swim based on the current President's ability to win this next election. Most of those Republicans who left were in states where they won their last election by a small or smaller margin than previous elections. In almost every case those same Republicans only knew a majority in the House. Now saying they are not willing to serve as a minority House member.

Polls don't tell the whole story. There are millions who sit on the sidelines keeping their opinions and decision to their self. I expect many are having this same crisis of conscience. Working class and retired working class who don't want Government in their daily life and least of all invading their activities maintaining faith, family, and friendship. Polarized divisiveness placing generations of family at odds with each other.

What do these people do? If they stay at home they give up their right to be heard. At the same time empower those they may not agree with. No Republican is willing to step forward to run in 2020 for President. I think a truth here is no Republican who could run, will run, because they know the current administration's top seat will trash talk them to death. Calling them names like "Never Trumper" and the like. Digging up dirt or outright inventing it. I think most who could run are waiting out this shit storm of Twitter madness, to step up after 2024.

Never has a person as our current President been willing to divide our nation counting on half of the country to get him the office.

How ever this 2020 election ends, I can say our country will be in a bad place and take more than a generation to find some stable footing. If it does at all.

7 hours ago, Splay said:

Never has a person as our current President been willing to divide our nation counting on half of the country to get him the office.

To be fair, you could say that about Autocue Obama (or most presidents, really). Lots of people didn't like him, and sure a lot probably because he was a half-black Muslim with no birth certificate and a man for a wife, but his public positions were heavily on the "progressive" side that tends to demonise/alienate anyone white, straight, and/or male, while his political actions were underhanded and not particularly honourable compared to his "look he's so smiley, and he dances, what a cool president" carefully constructed persona. It's just he was willing to divide it and be on the Democrat side of the line. What Trump does is the Republican version, with a little less tact and decorum about it, which is Drumpf all over considering he's a half-retard Jew with no business sense and a hooker for a wife.

Merry fucking Christmas, by the way.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:16 AM, Splay said:

Yes he barely won and in one state by only some 5,000 votes which gave its electorates. This isn't not only contained to voters. These past four years 30 Republican Congress members have retired. Some citing self imposed term limits. Others claiming they don't want to serve in a Democrat majority Congress. Some outright saying they don't want to sink or swim based on the current President's ability to win this next election. Most of those Republicans who left were in states where they won their last election by a small or smaller margin than previous elections. In almost every case those same Republicans only knew a majority in the House. Now saying they are not willing to serve as a minority House member.

Polls don't tell the whole story. There are millions who sit on the sidelines keeping their opinions and decision to their self. I expect many are having this same crisis of conscience. Working class and retired working class who don't want Government in their daily life and least of all invading their activities maintaining faith, family, and friendship. Polarized divisiveness placing generations of family at odds with each other.

What do these people do? If they stay at home they give up their right to be heard. At the same time empower those they may not agree with. No Republican is willing to step forward to run in 2020 for President. I think a truth here is no Republican who could run, will run, because they know the current administration's top seat will trash talk them to death. Calling them names like "Never Trumper" and the like. Digging up dirt or outright inventing it. I think most who could run are waiting out this shit storm of Twitter madness, to step up after 2024.

How ever this 2020 election ends, I can say our country will be in a bad place and take more than a generation to find some stable footing. If it does at all.

You're arguing with a guy who thinks Trump's call to Zelensky was simply a distraction so some judges could get confirmed 5 months later. How far do you think you're going to get trying to convince him of  anything?

On 12/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, FundinStrongarm said:

You're arguing with a guy who thinks Trump's call to Zelensky was simply a distraction so some judges could get confirmed 5 months later. How far do you think you're going to get trying to convince him of  anything?

They'd go pretty far... if they actually had real data and not the NBC PowerPoint Cliff Notes.

no Jew ever comes to bat for poor Bernie, but...

whole merchant fleet ready to go for ^this^ guy...

so i am like:

poor Bernie can only muster "SPICE" girls:

image.png.d2595580729dfec08a4c3b081adaa3e6.png

and in spite of all of it...

the hair sniffer is probably gonna be the guy that gets the prize:

image.png.bffedc8cf62220617ff3b6b75f080067.png

??????

• Upvote 1

""His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.""

6 hours ago, Amenhir said:

""His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.""

Which is standard Democratic Party operating procedure.