Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Kind of like the over and incorrect use of the term straw man. 

my positions have been very clear and you have misrepresented them repeatedly.  you are wrong.

52 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

We've provided video testimony, documents, and cogent arguments over the course of 30+ pages,

all of it hearsay

every last bit of it.

53 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I hope the whole ordeal screws Trump out of reelection.

and that was always the point of it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LasraelLarson said:

all of it hearsay

every last bit of it.

You know even hearsay evidence is admissible? Funny thing is though, the initial hearsay is corroberated by the transcripts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MueR said:

This. Precisely this. Trump is setting a very dangerous precedent, aided and abetted by Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP. The nepotism, corruption and self-dealing in the Trump admin is so rampant and egregious that it should be stopped, he should be held accountable and he should be removed from office.

**Looks at the Obama Administration**

Don't you mean following a dangerous precedent set by the prior administration?

13 minutes ago, MueR said:

I'm also getting tired of the "the dems want to overturn the election results" bla bla bla that Fox and the others in Trump's Koolaid Crew are peddling...

In other words, you're getting tired of hearing the truth because it doesn't match up with your narrative.

13 minutes ago, MueR said:

They do realise that if Trump is convicted and removed from office, that just means that Pence will assume the presidency.

But... the charges have no teeth and they don't even include the charges covering the supposed quid-pro-quo.  They're basically "Can the President investigate corruption?" (which is a yes, he has constitutional authority to do so) and  "What power does the President have to obstruct Congress?" (this is so vague that it actually includes covers the Presidential veto ).  The charges presented to the Senate don't even cover anything criminal, which fails the "high crimes and misdemenors" requirement for an impeachment.

Basically the Democrats have so thoroughly screwed this up that an acquittal is the only real outcome, and the rest of this fantasy world that the president is going to get removed is amusing and demonstrating how out of touch the Democrats truly are from the rest of the population.

10 hours ago, Doro said:

I know you're retarded, but even you must know you're lumping yourself in the same category, right?

No, but @MueR belongs there too.  I'm not the one in object denial of reality with the data for impeachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MueR said:

I'm also getting tired of the "the dems want to overturn the election results" bla bla bla that Fox and the others in Trump's Koolaid Crew are peddling... They do realise that if Trump is convicted and removed from office, that just means that Pence will assume the presidency. Now whether that's good is a whole other discussion, but it's still a Republican presidency.

Same here. Their deflections and attempts to distract with faux moral outrage make it laughably obvious they haven't got a leg to stand on, but they'll go ahead and let Trump off anyway. Anything to make their loyal followers believe they can go for a partisan defence, without ever having to actual provide one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MueR said:

You know even hearsay evidence is admissible? Funny thing is though, the initial hearsay is corroberated by the transcripts. 

And the amusing thing, if all the evidence the prosecution collected was substantial... why didn't they get the testimony of Bolton?

Just now, Doro said:

Same here. Their deflections and attempts to distract with faux moral outrage make it laughably obvious they haven't got a leg to stand on, but they'll go ahead and let Trump off anyway. Anything to make their loyal followers believe they can go for a partisan defence, without ever having to actual provide one.

Or maybe it shows that the Democrats don't know what's going on, and can't accept that they just got it wrong this time?

For someone that's not in the US, you sure do shill hard for the Democratic party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MueR said:

You know even hearsay evidence is admissible? Funny thing is though, the initial hearsay is corroberated by the transcripts. 

only when subject to cross-examination...  so yes i do know it is admissible under specific conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority of the Republicans are in too deep now.  No matter what happens, they lose.  If they acquit Trump, it will cost them the election--especially if he is acquitted with no witnesses or documents presented.  If they convict Trump, it will cost them the election. 

The Republican party--as we once knew it--is done.  No mas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

my positions have been very clear and you have misrepresented them repeatedly.  you are wrong.

all of it hearsay

every last bit of it.

and that was always the point of it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

No, but @MueR belongs there too.  I'm not the one in object denial of reality with the data for impeachment.

I genuinely didn't think I'd have to explain this to you, but I guess you've gone full brainlet mode now. In the pic you linked, there's two sides: the 9ers, and the 6ers. If you're trying to suggest we're one side, that inherently means you're the other side, doofus.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Or maybe it shows that the Democrats don't know what's going on, and can't accept that they just got it wrong this time?

Oh, and you do? Somehow the Democrats missed what you know? Or, more likely, you're just being a good little drone and drinking whatever piss your overlords hand down to you without question.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

For someone that's not in the US, you sure do shill hard for the Democratic party.

Support for the facts doesn't mean support for Democrats. You confusing the two is very telling.

Honestly, I'm done dealing with you, you're too fucking stupid to even be entertaining any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

...why didn't they get the testimony of Bolton?

 

This has been explained so many times already...

You can't even pretend to be informed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

No, but @MueR belongs there too.  I'm not the one in object denial of reality with the data for impeachment.

1: Call me retarded once more, I dare you. I've warned you before. I'm trying to discuss this without resorting to namecalling, I do not take kindly to it.

2: I'm not in denial of anything. The reality is that Trump was impeached on two counts: obstruction of congress and abuse of power. There is ample evidence of the first, from his own mouth and certainly from his twitter thumbs. There is ample evidence of the second, though that evidence is more circumstantial. The testimony of witnesses can either destroy that charge or support it, so let's have those witnesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Papi said:

This has been explained so many times already...

You can't even pretend to be informed.

yes the request was denied and the Democrats did not pursue the subpoenas via official courts because the time table wasn't favorable to them.  next


22 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

 

now look up Impeaching Hearsay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

yes the request was denied and the Democrats did not pursue the subpoenas via official courts because the time table wasn't favorable to them.  next

You're being disingenuous.  If they took it to the courts that would have taken several months to overturn, which Trump knew which is why he denied key, first hand witnesses from testifying.  Not really the actions of someone who is innocent of wrong doing.  The fact that Republicans and certain media outlets are acting like Trump didn't outright block those people from testifying in the first place is ridiculous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Papi said:

You're being disingenuous.

no quite serious.

4 minutes ago, Papi said:

If they took it to the courts that would have taken several months to overturn, which Trump knew which is why he denied key, first hand witnesses from testifying.

exactly.

and that didn't fit their timetable at all.

4 minutes ago, Papi said:

It was purely a political move, which I get.

exactly.  and entirely legal as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

and that didn't fit their timetable at all.

 

It wouldn't fit any party's timetable, especially this being an election year.  Let's not pretend anything would be different if positions were reversed and it was a Democratic president on trial.

The point is, you should be able to be politically objective enough to see the obvious gaslighting going on by the Republican party.  Key word here is "should"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Papi said:

Let's not pretend anything would be different if positions were reversed and it was a Democratic president on trial.

no need to pretend, same thing happened to Bill Clinton.  which i have already stated:

18 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

Clinton's Impeachment was also a joke.

 

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

The point is, you should be able to be politically objective enough to see the obvious gaslighting going on by the Republican party.  Key word here is "should"...

i am as awake now as i was during Adam Schiffs house proceedings.  political games being played.  not a bit surprising either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

yes the request was denied and the Democrats did not pursue the subpoenas via official courts because the time table wasn't favorable to them.  next

 


now look up Impeaching Hearsay...

Yep, that's what I thought you would do.  Move those goalposts.  "It's hearsay!'  Ok, here is a video explaining why it probably doesn't matter.  

Doro, thanks for creating this thread.  It's made it quite clear how absolutely fucked the US is atm, because there are a lot of people like this guy who thinks the same way.  Hopefully, one day soon, we'll have someone more fit to sit in the Oval office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amenhir said:

Yep, that's what I thought you would do.  Move those goalposts. 

there are rules for hearsay to be admissible in an an actual court of law.  the goalposts are quite clear on that.

if you are going to introduce hearsay as evidence, you are subject to those rules.

Adam Schiff took those goalposts and moved them behind closed doors.

complain to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you play a single video clip and the prosecution goes ashen, you know the entire thing is basically done... cause even the prosecution knows just how screwed they are.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Support for the facts doesn't mean support for Democrats. You confusing the two is very telling.

If you were actually supporting the facts, I'd agree with you.;

Right now, you're being a democrat shill shoveling their same bullshit because you're too stupid to realize the difference.

19 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Doro, thanks for creating this thread.  It's made it quite clear how absolutely fucked the US is atm, because there are a lot of people like this guy who thinks the same way.  Hopefully, one day soon, we'll have someone more fit to sit in the Oval office.

If you truly believe that, then do us all a favor and move to Canada and rid us of your stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, even that Ted Cruz clip shows how fucked the Republican defense is.

Monday:  "There is no evidence of a quid pro quo"

*Break* John Bolton's manuscript details, via first person account, a clear quid pro quo

Tuesday:  "Um...err...well, it doesn't matter if there was a quid pro quo..."

tenor.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

When you play a single video clip and the prosecution goes ashen, you know the entire thing is basically done... cause even the prosecution knows just how screwed they are.

If you were actually supporting the facts, I'd agree with you.;

Right now, you're being a democrat shill shoveling their same bullshit because you're too stupid to realize the difference.

If you truly believe that, then do us all a favor and move to Canada and rid us of your stupidity.

You first sunshine, because people like you are one of the reasons this country is fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

You first sunshine, because people like you are one of the reasons this country is fucked.

If that's the position of the libtards that want to wreck the country with a health care system and college loan forgiveness programs we can't afford, environmental regulations that are strangling our industries, and have all of it paid for by taxes that put us in the poor house, then it means we're on the right track.  Thank you for your confirmation that we're doing a good job ?

I mean, there's a very big reason why I gladly left the Seattle area... blue cities are shit holes.

37 minutes ago, Papi said:

I mean, even that Ted Cruz clip shows how fucked the Republican defense is.

Monday:  "There is no evidence of a quid pro quo"

*Break* John Bolton's manuscript details, via first person account, a clear quid pro quo

Tuesday:  "Um...err...well, it doesn't matter if there was a quid pro quo..."

tenor.gif

 

You conveniently forgot to add "foreign policy has always been a pile of quid pro quos?", "quid pro quos aren't illegal", and "Biden did a quid pro quo to shake a Ukranian corruption investigation for his son".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Doro, thanks for creating this thread.  It's made it quite clear how absolutely fucked the US is atm, because there are a lot of people like this guy who thinks the same way.  Hopefully, one day soon, we'll have someone more fit to sit in the Oval office.

No problem. It was originally just to see what sort of shape potential candidates were in and who was likely to be top dog of both packs, but I guess the minute Daddy Whorebucks gets brought up, his bitches rush to his defence as if they're personally involved.

Usually, you can tell the temperature of a candidate through the memes generated about them. Whether it's good or bad, the more spotlight on them the more likely they are to get votes, and since memes are the Gen Z version of the news they have a lot of power to sway opinion. Quick, short, sharp control of a one-way discussion is what they are. So far, only kid-sniffer Biden has been popping up of the Dems. Last time, it was Comrade Sanders before Clinton undermined him, but he's been curiously absent this time which doesn't look good for him. Pretty much nothing on the others, in fact there's more I've seen about that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez than most of the Democrat candidates.

Talking of Biden, he seems to have the same character flaws as Trump, primarily egotistical and discursive. Like that time when he got all weird about kids touching his legs. Or when he challenged a fat old guy to an athletic competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

If that's the position of the libtards that want to wreck the country with a health care system and college loan forgiveness programs we can't afford, environmental regulations that are strangling our industries, and have all of it paid for by taxes that put us in the poor house, then it means we're on the right track.  Thank you for your confirmation that we're doing a good job

You're so triggered, I think you're really just pissed you won't be on the boat that sails the future. In less than 20 years your skill set will be obsolete and you will be replaced by AI. The funny part of that is the AI won't thank you for all the fishes.

You can't deny the health care systems in the US have been double dipping from both ends for over 30 years. Yet you think free health care equals DOOM!!!

OMG! I had to pay my education loans! SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE! >:(  You bought into a broken system and think everyone should too because you have reasons.

You're a dumbass if you think regulations stifled US industry during the last 30 years.

 

You're just raging all mad bro because you will always be poor.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...