Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Splay said:

Looks like Bernie and Pete came out on top in Iowa.

See the source image

 

2 hours ago, karac avalron said:

At least Trump is entertaining but governance is important and there are many issues we need action on.

What issues are you referring to specifically?

2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

For whom?  What is the point of a good economy if only a handful of people get to enjoy the benefits?  

Oh, so the Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, and other minorities that are now employed don't count?

Racist......

14 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

That's laughable.

As is the thought that Mittens would be a competent President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

As is the thought that Mittens would be a competent President.

He's competent at being a decent human being, unlike current Prez. Called Russia correctly in 2012 election as well.

Anyways, twas not to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, karac avalron said:

Whomever is now employed who wasnt prior. Many non partisan reporting outlets, like the ADP national employment report https://www.adpemploymentreport.com/  has shown month after month of job growth. Im not sure how job growth translates into only a handful of people benefiting but I will read with great anticipation your non biased and non partisan reply.  😀 

I think Doro is referring to the fact that while many people over the past decade have seen their unemployment finally end (after the great recession), they're not seeing much if any improvement in their financial situation. The majority of the wealth keeps shifting towards the already wealthy. The overwhelming majority (>90%) of the wealth in the US is in the hands of the top ~10% income levels, with over 40% in the hands of the "1%" and with the GOP tax cuts of 2017 the balance shifts even more towards them, leaving a massive deficit Or to put it visually: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

He's competent at being a decent human being, unlike current Prez.

Yes, because being the democratic party's bitch is how you be a decent human being.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MueR said:

I think Doro is referring to the fact that while many people over the past decade have seen their unemployment finally end (after the great recession), they're not seeing much if any improvement in their financial situation.

Working for less and working longer compared to 20 and 30 years ago.

 

Pete Buttigieg:

I am not convinced this guy has the working class concerns as a priority. Even if he says otherwise. I read a bunch of material about this guy over the last several months. His past employment leads me to believe, he will endeavor to make the 1% even more rich at the cost of the American labor force. McKinsey a management consultant and other similar businesses have virtually changed how companies work and mainly serve to promote stock holder confidence and satisfaction at the expense of workers at all levels.

But... who knows. Maybe he would gut the bloated bureaucracy that is the nations healthcare systems and force them to provide affordable services.

Either we choose between rich old farts or choose their consultants who make them rich.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yes, because being the democratic party's bitch is how you be a decent human being.....

No, by not locking up people in massively overcrowded cells is how you are a decent human being. Or by not locking up underage kids or even babies in cages without proper healthcare is how you are a decent human being. Or by not constantly inciting hate. Or by making not constantly rubbing shoulders with billionaires while shafting the workers you supposedly care about at your campaign rallies. George W Bush was a horrible president, but he at least had a good amount of decency and moral fiber. Trump has none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so is this gallup polling and historical analysis nothing but a paid op piece for either Trump, or Republicans?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/166850/americans-worse-off-financially-year-ago.aspx

they've been doing this since 1976.

 

how bought this Guardian piece?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/07/us-jobs-report-january-2020-record-breaking-streak

i think the Guardians leanings are very clear, but hey i could be wrong on that...

 

now for wage growth among the lower brackets...  without immigration restrictions, that growth will always be impacted by importing cheap foreign labor, or exporting jobs.

where buy/hire American (plus immigration restriction)  is not just lip service, but actually practiced.  that is where the lower brackets have seen improvement.

 

if you export jobs and import cheap foreign labor, not only will mid/low class wages stagnate, they will continue to shrink.  & it is why the oligarch class (like the Koch brother's) are for exactly this.

EDIT:

woops my linking is slipping that gallup link is an old one...  here is the correct link:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284264/record-high-optimism-personal-finances.aspx

😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Yes, because being the democratic party's bitch is how you be a decent human being.....

Zzzzzzzz. Not Democratic party bitch. I'm sure they'll get back around to hating him for something. There's vile people on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MueR said:

 Or to put it visually: 

 

Nice video. Neatly shows how morons deluded by socialism have been duped into thinking the pie is always the same size, and that everyone always remains on the same plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

Nice video. Neatly shows how morons deluded by socialism have been duped into thinking the pie is always the same size, and that everyone always remains on the same plate.

You mean that video that has a woman in it even mention she grew up on a different plate to the one she's currently on? Yeah, I can see how you'd miss that with limited cognitive skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doro said:

You mean that video that has a woman in it even mention she grew up on a different plate to the one she's currently on? Yeah, I can see how you'd miss that with limited cognitive skills.

I don't recall saying everyone in that video thought that way, but thanks for the straw man + ad hominem, says more about your intellect than mine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

now for wage growth among the lower brackets...  without immigration restrictions, that growth will always be impacted by importing cheap foreign labor, or exporting jobs.

where buy/hire American (plus immigration restriction)  is not just lip service, but actually practiced.  that is where the lower brackets have seen improvement.

 

if you export jobs and import cheap foreign labor, not only will mid/low class wages stagnate, they will continue to shrink.  & it is why the oligarch class (like the Koch brother's) are for exactly this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MueR said:

No, by not locking up people in massively overcrowded cells is how you are a decent human being.

well then perhaps immigrating to the US like this:

New Images Show Exactly How Massive The Migrant Caravan Is Traveling to The USA Through Mexico ...

isn't the greatest idea. 

how exactly are detention cells going to be anything but packed with massive chains of people coming at the same time, all seeking asylum, rather than legally immigrating.  there isn't an alternative if the existing laws do not allow for immediate turning back, but rather require processing to determine if the asylum seeker is in legitimate need of.

 

14 hours ago, MueR said:

Or by not locking up underage kids or even babies in cages without proper healthcare is how you are a decent human being.

and here we have hyperbole... 

the only way the systems in place cannot handle basic amenities (shelter, food and healthcare) is if they are overburdened.

the amount of money spent (IMO wasted) on existing facilities is already huge.

and all of this is without factoring in those minors entering with biological parents, Vs Coyotes & the associated drug trade & sex trafficking of minors.

 

again when this is how you seek asylum:

WTF else would you expect to happen?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

well then perhaps immigrating to the US like this:

But that picture isn't a picture of the reality. Looks more like an organized event in Mexico.

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

again when this is how you seek asylum:

A video from an Italian news channel that didn't exist in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repubblica_TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Splay said:

But that picture isn't a picture of the reality. Looks more like an organized event in Mexico.

more than a single event.  2018 was especially bad...

and it is reality...

18 minutes ago, Splay said:

A video from an Italian news channel that didn't exist in 2014.

just grabbed example of border storming...  here is the result of one of the 2018 caravans reaching the US border:

same energy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Papi said:

... 

even TIME magazine has recognized that in the last decade, asylum seekers has risen 2000%

https://time.com/longform/asylum-seekers-border/

so yeah the system is overwhelmed.

NOT Trumps fault.

without more immigration judges, the system will remain backlogged.

instead of rolling your eyes, maybe explain why the fuck rock throwing thugs need asylum?   ...instead of a swift boot too back the fuck where ever the Border Banditos came from!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MueR said:

No, by not locking up people in massively overcrowded cells is how you are a decent human being. Or by not locking up underage kids or even babies in cages without proper healthcare is how you are a decent human being. Or by not constantly inciting hate. Or by making not constantly rubbing shoulders with billionaires while shafting the workers you supposedly care about at your campaign rallies. George W Bush was a horrible president, but he at least had a good amount of decency and moral fiber. Trump has none.

Also, not pandering to the religious right and their one-issue fixation on abortion, while at the same time cutting food aid to hundreds of thousands of kids and working actively to destroy affordable, quality health care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bohemond said:

I don't recall saying everyone in that video thought that way, but thanks for the straw man + ad hominem, says more about your intellect than mine.

Sure thing, spastic.

 

6 hours ago, warspeech said:

Also, not pandering to the religious right and their one-issue fixation on abortion, while at the same time cutting food aid to hundreds of thousands of kids and working actively to destroy affordable, quality health care.

That's a genuine paradox among the right-wing. Anti-abortion, but anti-welfare. I know it's a bit of a cliche now, but it genuinely is that they only seem to care about and individual's life when they're a foetus or when they want to use a gun. Anything else, they're on their own. Starving kids? Fuck it, you didn't play the capitalism game well enough. Medical bills? Get a 2nd or 3rd job to pay for it, don't ask for help. That woman wants to expel a clump of cells? LIFE IS PRECIOUS. Maybe letting anyone buy a gun is a bad idea? WHATTABOUT PROTECTIN' 'MERICAN LIVES?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doro said:

Starving kids? Fuck it, you didn't play the capitalism game well enough.

That's what the charities do, and do far better than anything the government does.  There's no need to fund it with tax money if there's a system already in place that does it better than the government ever will.  There was a time when I was barely scraping by and basically at poverty, and there were plenty of food banks for me to get food, even in the affluent areas.  These services exist, all are funded by private donations, and work just fine.

7 hours ago, Doro said:

Medical bills? Get a 2nd or 3rd job to pay for it, don't ask for help.

Again, charities ALREADY EXIST, not to mention several cost sharing plans that will help cover this.

7 hours ago, Doro said:

That woman wants to expel a clump of cells? LIFE IS PRECIOUS.

Yeah, cause:

abortion =/= birth control
abortion = murder

If you don't want to get pregnant, then don't screw the opposite gender.... personal responsibility, it's not a hard concept....

7 hours ago, Doro said:

Maybe letting anyone buy a gun is a bad idea? WHATTABOUT PROTECTIN' 'MERICAN LIVES?

So a gun can protect you from not only animal predators (mountain lions and bears WILL hunt and kill you, so will a wolf pack if you're alone and they're hungry enough), which is a legitimate concern when you're out in the wilderness in the western part of the US - or if you happen to be in Alaska (Alaska is, for all intents and purposes, untamed wilderness and we aren't at the top of the food chain there).

Then there's other legitimate reasons like hunting, as hunting is the only way we can keep the deer and elk populations in check in certain parts of the country because ranchers killed off the natural predators to protect their livestock.

Oh, and then there's self defense.

You're not going to get any of these reasons unless you are actually living in the Western US because Europe is basically suburban sprawl compared to the Western US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

...because Europe is basically suburban sprawl compared to the Western US.

Spoken like someone who has clearly never been outside the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

charities

Don't be retarded, you know charities are optional. The vast amount of people are likely selfish dicks like you and can't be relied on without having taxes forced on them.

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

abortion = murder

It really isn't. There's a whole spectrum of abortions, trying to be some sort of simplistic moralist about it is stupid as fuck.

6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So a gun...

Not about using a gun, it's about procuring one. Read before you post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh, and then there's

You should probably shut the fuck up. Charities aren't consistent.

Gun reasons lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...