LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

So Reddit decided to open themselves up to become labeled as a publisher instead of a platform... and then get sued into oblivion....

Which is really ironic considering that https://www.thedonald.win/? exists so all Reddit did was open themselves up for legal self-destruction.

the plug gets pulled, Buttigieg is out:

https://images.markets.businessinsider.com/image/5d4befd7100a2403dd444646-2400/pete-buttigieg.jpg

who falls next?  one, or both of these?

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2020/02/200219-warren-klobuchar-health-care.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

and then a brokered convention for the youngster here:

https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Boston/2011-2020/2019/02/02/BostonGlobe.com/Metro/Images/bernie_bloomberg_biden_composite.jpg

the endorsements are aligning even now.  oh the 2020 memes shall be...

Creepy Uncle Joe Biden Molested by Memesplentiful.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

And Klobochar is out... https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/02/klobuchar-to-drop-out-of-2020-campaign-endorse-biden-118823

Assuming Bernie doesn't get his ass handed to him on Tuesday, any bets on how bad the rioting at the convention is going to be?

and no one will whisper a peep as to why (Klobuchar) a women did not endorse the only other women left, (Warren)...  but instead chose Biden.

Pete will also endorse Biden.

Steyer as far as i can tell hasn't made his endorsement public...  yet.  i suppose he is still stinging over burning all that money.

Warren is now like the token women to cling on till the end...  if her campaign doesn't run out of money first.

& Bloomberg sticking it out will likely harm Joe Biden more than Bernie Sanders.

regardless, all the now openly public endorsements from Dem periphery players...  they are steering this one hard for Joe Biden.

https://i.imgflip.com/2zg9j2.jpg

I'm trying to figure out which Democrat to vote for in the primary tomorrow, as I want my vote to create as much chaos in that party as possible, as the more chaotic it is, the better Trump looks 😃

My sincere hope...the "moderates" lol...i.e. Klobuchar, Mayor Pete and Beto backing Biden (who Trump will destroy in the general) will ignite a fire up the asses of Bernie supporters (who are already pretty fired up).

The Democrats are proving they are no better than the Republicans.  Their fear of Bernie is palpable...and any time a candidate puts fear into the rich/upper class...he gets my vote.  #teambernie

20 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm trying to figure out which Democrat to vote for in the primary tomorrow, as I want my vote to create as much chaos in that party as possible, as the more chaotic it is, the better Trump looks 😃

Straight up admission Trump can't stand on his own. Your comment shows you lack confidence your savior can't meet the challenge on his own merits.

7 hours ago, Splay said:

Straight up admission Trump can't stand on his own. Your comment shows you lack confidence your savior can't meet the challenge on his own merits.

No, I'm just going to use every single dirty tactic the Democrats would use against them 😃

8 hours ago, Papi said:

The Democrats are proving they are no better than the Republicans.

Nld4UlZpRbwEE3LpGMIY6NEeP-j0H8Car83qLOXl

8 hours ago, Papi said:

Their fear of Bernie is palpable...and any time a candidate puts fear into the rich/upper class...he gets my vote.  #teambernie

Actually, I'm thinking about voting for Bernie for entirely different reasons.... but if you really want to put a communist up against Trump.... I'm all for it either way =D

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Actually, I'm thinking about voting for Bernie for entirely different reasons.... but if you really want to put a communist up against Trump.... I'm all for it either way =D

Voting for Bernie on any level is a horrific idea.

10 hours ago, Papi said:

My sincere hope...the "moderates" lol...i.e. Klobuchar, Mayor Pete and Beto backing Biden (who Trump will destroy in the general) will ignite a fire up the asses of Bernie supporters (who are already pretty fired up).

The Democrats are proving they are no better than the Republicans.  Their fear of Bernie is palpable...and any time a candidate puts fear into the rich/upper class...he gets my vote.  #teambernie

Ugh. Such awful standards of who gets your vote. Pretty sure Bernie Bros are at max level already. Hopefully Biden can be the nominee.

2 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Voting for Bernie on any level is a horrific idea.

Exactly, because Trump would mop the floor with him =D

So I'll go vote for him a second time in the primaries cause dumbass Democrats think it's a brilliant idea to have an open primary.

So the preliminary results from teh Democratic side are in (see https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-primary-elections/delegate-count ) and this is exactly what I want to see happen.  Biden is in the lead (barely) with Sanders at second at 341 and 289 respectively which means that the DNC is going to be a giant cluster as Antifa is largely in Sanders camp, so that city is going to be full of riots.  Either way, Trump is going to mop the floor with either candidate as Bloomberg and Warren are still in it for the moment.

Trump, unsurprisingly, has 859 of the necessary 1276 delegates to secure the Republican nomination thus far... mostly because there hasn't been another 350 votes for Trump to gain yet and the Republicans must go through several where the states have actually cast the votes to confirm Trump is the Republican nominee for 2020... even though everyone knows he's going to be the Republican nominee.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:36 AM, LasraelLarson said:

they'll never let Bernie have it, btw.  they being the money Donors pulling the strings.

image.thumb.jpeg.660fae919078943048c8b14f4f773324.jpeg

and when the time comes...  Bernie will back Biden.  just like he did Hillary:

he may even get a fourth house out of it.  might not even need to return to the Senate.  guy is a pushover.  duped everyone a SECOND TIME.

will they wear the shame?

are they smart enough?

15 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Exactly, because Trump would mop the floor with him =D

So I'll go vote for him a second time in the primaries cause dumbass Democrats think it's a brilliant idea to have an open primary.

Lots of Dems voted for Trump in primaries 4 years ago, thinking Hilary would mop the floor with him. Voting for Bernie is a horrible idea no matter what. You DON'T want the possibility he will win. Ever.

11 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So the preliminary results from teh Democratic side are in (see https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-primary-elections/delegate-count ) and this is exactly what I want to see happen.  Biden is in the lead (barely) with Sanders at second at 341 and 289 respectively which means that the DNC is going to be a giant cluster as Antifa is largely in Sanders camp, so that city is going to be full of riots.  Either way, Trump is going to mop the floor with either candidate as Bloomberg and Warren are still in it for the moment.

Trump, unsurprisingly, has 859 of the necessary 1276 delegates to secure the Republican nomination thus far... mostly because there hasn't been another 350 votes for Trump to gain yet and the Republicans must go through several where the states have actually cast the votes to confirm Trump is the Republican nominee for 2020... even though everyone knows he's going to be the Republican nominee.

I'm pretty sure Biden will have things wrapped up well before the convention. Bloomberg done.

As for Trump, some states either aren't even having a Republican primary or won't allow others on the ballot. Sad.

pity he didn't waste more money.  regardless, another Joe Biden endorsement.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:00 AM, LasraelLarson said:

and in spite of all of it...

the hair sniffer is probably gonna be the guy that gets the prize:

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Lots of Dems voted for Trump in primaries 4 years ago, thinking Hilary would mop the floor with him. Voting for Bernie is a horrible idea no matter what. You DON'T want the possibility he will win. Ever.

The dude has no spine, and many are seeing through that... the main thing here is that having the other party interfere with your primary is about the dumbest thing you can do, and the Democrats STILL haven't figured that out.  At this point, a vote for Sanders is just a vote for more internal Democrat party strife.

I'm pretty sure Biden will have things wrapped up well before the convention. Bloomberg done.

Yeah... and Sleepy Joe is going to get thrashed because all Trump needs to create the meme moment is have Joe go full word salad on Trump in a debate, and have Trump nail him to the wall for that.  Or just wait until he nods off in the debate and Trump kindly wake up the old man and politely ask if they should call it a night.  Either way, Trump looks to be in far better shape than Biden is in, which is really going to show once the two face off in a debate.

As for Trump, some states either aren't even having a Republican primary or won't allow others on the ballot. Sad.

We don't know why.  Some states may have the understanding that they will go with the sitting President of their party, as that's good for party cohesion.  Others may have failed to register in time... as you gotta follow the process.  This really doesn't mean much unless you provide more info on WHY they weren't on the ballot.

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The dude has no spine, and many are seeing through that... the main thing here is that having the other party interfere with your primary is about the dumbest thing you can do, and the Democrats STILL haven't figured that out.  At this point, a vote for Sanders is just a vote for more internal Democrat party strife.

Yeah... and Sleepy Joe is going to get thrashed because all Trump needs to create the meme moment is have Joe go full word salad on Trump in a debate, and have Trump nail him to the wall for that.  Or just wait until he nods off in the debate and Trump kindly wake up the old man and politely ask if they should call it a night.  Either way, Trump looks to be in far better shape than Biden is in, which is really going to show once the two face off in a debate.

We don't know why.  Some states may have the understanding that they will go with the sitting President of their party, as that's good for party cohesion.  Others may have failed to register in time... as you gotta follow the process.  This really doesn't mean much unless you provide more info on WHY they weren't on the ballot.

"The understanding that they will go with the sitting President, as that's good for party cohesion" is the most bullshit excuse ever. A whole bunch of States have cancelled https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries#Cancellation_of_state_caucuses_or_primaries

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter etc. all had to go through primaries. Very lame that Trump isn't. But not surprising. TDS, after all.

"The understanding that they will go with the sitting President, as that's good for party cohesion" is the most bullshit excuse ever. A whole bunch of States have cancelled https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries#Cancellation_of_state_caucuses_or_primaries

So of the states mentioned, you're really talking about Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, and South Carolina.  Going by the Wiki article, Virginia is ambiguous as I don't know if the following except is their usual process.

Virginia Republicans decided to allocate delegates at the state convention.[147]

And then you have stuff like what happenned in New York like:

The New York GOP on March 3 decided to cancel its primary after neither De La Fuente, Weld, nor Walsh submitted the required number of names of their delegates in order to qualify for their ballot.[150]

So your point really doesn't have merit as we're talking about like 8 states out of 50.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter etc. all had to go through primaries.

ORLY?

The Trump campaign and GOP officials cited the fact that Republicans canceled several state primaries when George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush sought a second term in 1992 and 2004, respectively; and Democrats scrapped some of their primaries when Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were seeking reelection in 1996 and 2012, respectively.[141][142]

Very lame that Trump isn't. But not surprising. TDS, after all.

Not all of the primaries were canceled.  Texas held one, and it was (unsurprisingly) 90%+ for Trump.

Oh, and you are very clearly demonstrating TDS... as you're making baseless claims (again).

12 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So of the states mentioned, you're really talking about Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, and South Carolina.  Going by the Wiki article, Virginia is ambiguous as I don't know if the following except is their usual process.

And then you have stuff like what happenned in New York like:

So your point really doesn't have merit as we're talking about like 8 states out of 50.

ORLY?

Not all of the primaries were canceled.  Texas held one, and it was (unsurprisingly) 90%+ for Trump.

Oh, and you are very clearly demonstrating TDS... as you're making baseless claims (again).

I never said all primaries were cancelled. I said some States had cancelled. You're clearly suffering from TDS but just an FYI - 8 of 50 is indeed some. It's lame. And it was lame when other states did it for past incumbents.

5 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I never said all primaries were cancelled.

That's not how this reads:

21 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter etc. all had to go through primaries. Very lame that Trump isn't.

I give this trolling attempt a 0/10.  Please learn to troll, and try again.