LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

McConnell describing the Democrats screwing over the average Joe by withholding a much needed Coronavirus Stimulus Package just to check off boxes on their wish list...

McConnell is bad at acting in good faith. It's more important about what he isn't saying and the rest is sensationalism for the sake of shock effect.

That's just conservatives attempting a bare minimum to get Americans to believe what they are doing is worth while. $1,200 is a joke. It won't keep people floating for a few weeks, let alone for the duration of their lock down, unemployed status. A mere token for lip service when it should really be equal to their actual losses. $10,000 per person is a good start. I suspect before its all said and done, many upon many corporations will swindle away much needed money to individuals who actually fuckin pay those taxes. Republican Senate majority trying to push their majority agenda through with total disregard for half of the US population's political position. It shows how pompous the conservatives in power are at a moment, when our government should put aside politics and get shit done which has more than a worthless gesture.

What I find interesting is how the conservatives who attack Bernie and his social programs, have no problem propping up the corporate world with corporate social programs. Watch and see if US corporations including health care and insurance companies end up with more than it would cost for free universal health care and free college tuition combined.

I'm 100%  happy watching the stock market tank under Trumpism. Hyper-inflated values were going to tumble. Now is as good as a time as any. :Y

Another fact I find funny and sad at the same time, is how just a few months prior to the virus outbreak in China, is that Trump eliminated the US CDC representation in China. Just another step taken by a moron, who time and time again removed positions, appointments, and departments or agencies he considered a waste of tax paid money, only to have bunches of them kick him in the face not long after their absence.

The three pillars Trump stood upon for election and now intended reelection are crumbling right in front of him. It's glorious watching the idiot flounder daily on national tv.

18 minutes ago, Splay said:

That's just conservatives attempting a bare minimum to get Americans to believe what they are doing is worth while. $1,200 is a joke. It won't keep people floating for a few weeks, let alone for the duration of their lock down, unemployed status. A mere token for lip service when it should really be equal to their actual losses.

That's enough (when paired with unemployment) to offset a couple of months of lost income, it's also accounting for about 500B of the bailout, and it will likely be paid out twice.  I mean, I'm not sure how many people wouldn't want to see a $1200 check because of this.

What I find interesting is how the conservatives who attack Bernie and his social programs, have no problem propping up the corporate world with corporate social programs.

It's because what they're doing for the bailout is following along the lines of eminent domain, and compensating Americans for forcing them to stay sheltered and they need to support the small businesses (which is what this is primarily aimed at doing) as we're trying to get through a natural disaster without destroying the US economy in the process.

Watch and see if US corporations including health care and insurance companies end up with more than it would cost for free universal health care and free college tuition combined.

You really need to go watch...

31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

That's enough (when paired with unemployment) to offset a couple of months of lost income, it's also accounting for about 500B of the bailout, and it will likely be paid out twice.  I mean, I'm not sure how many people wouldn't want to see a $1200 check because of this.

Firstly you are making irrational assumptions that every wage earner qualifies for unemployment. Second, you assume every household is back by a full time wage earner. Third, ignoring over 50% of America's jobs pay less then $15 per hour and many are of a part time status intentionally to avoid paying for healthcare by the employer. A person living 50 miles outside of a metro area pays a monthly rent awful damn close to $1,200 per month. Also some parts of the country are still heating their homes and the fuel was bought at higher prices than today. $1,200 is spent as soon as it arrives because most employees live pay check to pay check in our shitty servitude to the corporate world. In the end that money is indirectly doled out to prop up the businesses not the individual. Ya $1,200 is something, but at the end of the day it's just a token compared to the needs in reality.

31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

It's because what they're doing for the bailout is following along the lines of eminent domain, and compensating Americans for forcing them to stay sheltered and they need to support the small businesses (which is what this is primarily aimed at doing) as we're trying to get through a natural disaster without destroying the US economy in the process.

Now I know you fell off your chair bringing up eminent domain. No, what Trump is doing and only when he had to, was attempt to look like a savior of the people, so he hopefully gets reelected. The moron is already considering to lift all the restrictions to save his reelection. Lifting them before anyone has a clue to the current fallout. The guy is so shallow in his motivations it's disgusting to even hear or read a defense with fucked up rationales about his actions.

I already read the bill in its totality. You might trying doing that yourself and learn what's real.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Firstly you are making irrational assumptions that every wage earner qualifies for unemployment.

No, that's actually a pretty sane assumption because it's a government program.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Second, you assume every household is back by a full time wage earner.

If they are living off of welfare, they're already a ward of the state, so are a red herring to this discussion.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Third, ignoring over 50% of America's jobs pay less then $15 per hour and many are of a part time status intentionally to avoid paying for healthcare by the employer.

If you're only living off of $15/hr, you are clearly doing it wrong.  Get off your ass, get to a job training center, and make something of yourself.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

A person living 50 miles outside of a metro area pays a monthly rent awful damn close to $1,200 per month.

My rent in Seattle was $1500 a month.  Don't bitch to me about that kind of cheap rent.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Also some parts of the country are still heating their homes and the fuel was bought at higher prices than today. $1,200 is spent as soon as it arrives because most employees live pay check to pay check in our shitty servitude to the corporate world.

And most of that is caused by idiot purchases and bad money management decisions.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

In the end that money is indirectly doled out to prop up the businesses not the individual.

If that's true, why is half of the bailout going to the individuals?

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Ya $1,200 is something, but at the end of the day it's just a token compared to the needs in reality.

You act as if you are owed a $100k/year life as a high school drop out.  Why don't you do something productive like... I don't know... learn to code?

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Now I know you fell off your chair bringing up eminent domain. No, what Trump is doing and only when he had to, was attempt to look like a savior of the people, so he hopefully gets reelected. The moron is already considering to lift all the restrictions to save his reelection. Lifting them before anyone has a clue to the current fallout. The guy is so shallow in his motivations it's disgusting to even hear or read a defense with fucked up rationales about his actions.

I already read the bill in its totality. You might trying doing that yourself and learn what's real.

You continue to prove how ignorant you are about the people living in the US. There are thousands upon thousands of individual sub contractors who are self employed who work hard and pay their taxes and would have to jump through hoops to qualify for unemployment. There are thousands upon thousands who run online businesses out of their homes selling products they make, who would never qualify for unemployment. The list goes on and none of those Americans exist under the umbrella of government subsidies. Then there is the single parent working two part time jobs where they could receive unemployment and the amount per week wouldn't pay but enough to have a day care or another to watch and care for their children. They have already been living paycheck to paycheck.

By the way, I doubt you have a clue how much is the maximum weekly unemployment benefit. It doesn't yield enough to pay for health insurance.

The rest is you showing the depth of your ignorance or perhaps arguing just to defend your savior.

Trump finally does a couple of things right.

First, he actually denounces the harassment and violence he probably saw as a necessary evil at the time to keep up the China virus rhetoric. He doesn't do it with the greatest of class and dignity, and it's a little too late, but it's at least something. Definitely not enough to convert the USAsians to his side, though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52013361

Then he's looking at keeping the US economy going. This is something I've been saying as necessary from the start, as it's vital to keep an economy that can cope in the long-term, even at the expense of potential fatalities, because there's going to be worse to come otherwise. It's a harsh choice, but it's a real-life trolley problem, and the cost of focusing resources on the vulnerable minority is much lower in the long run than crapping out the economy for everyone for a few months.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52009108

23 hours ago, Doro said:

he actually denounces the harassment and violence he probably saw as a necessary evil at the time to keep up the China virus rhetoric. He doesn't do it with the greatest of class and dignity, and it's a little too late, but it's at least something.

i am sure all the black people attacking them will stop now.

because you know...   this is purely a problem caused by Trump and his supporters.  :F

why is it these incidents happen predominantly in BLUE STATES?  or is it simply there aren't enough Asians in Red States...  maybe they need to be strengthened with some more diversity. _O-:+

23 hours ago, Doro said:

Then he's looking at keeping the US economy going. This is something I've been saying as necessary from the start, as it's vital to keep an economy that can cope in the long-term, even at the expense of potential fatalities, because there's going to be worse to come otherwise. It's a harsh choice, but it's a real-life trolley problem, and the cost of focusing resources on the vulnerable minority is much lower in the long run than crapping out the economy for everyone for a few months.

how much is mapped and known of this virus? (China commanded early samples being studied by Doctors be turned over to government offices or destroyed, a curious move to say the least.)

what if the virus is spreading via asymptomatic viral shedding?

why is it assumed the Wuhan Virus has only one stage?  Herpes (2 stage) is also a virus, once caught, it never goes away.

what if the long term effects, don't actually provide immunity? or there are byproducts of infection?

how much is actually known regarding this virus?

http://english.whiov.cas.cn/ne/201801/W020180117408321241913.jpg

also Trump hasn't made any action yet.  until he does,  could be nothing more than an A/B test, for data.  he also signaled a pardon for:

President Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser General Michael Flynn Resigns | Beyond the Cusp

which i would honestly rather see happen first... but on that front, nothing yet either.

39 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

because you know...   this is purely a problem caused by Trump and his supporters.  :F

I didn't say it was, but it's certainly helpful to at least try to remove an aspect of it. Also, I spotted that suggestion that blacks don't vote for Trump, you sneaky sausage you.

why is it these incidents happen predominantly in BLUE STATES?  or is it simply there aren't enough Asians in Red States...  maybe they need to be strengthened with some more diversity. _O-:+

It could be lack of travel to "red states" compared to "blue states", but I lean more to the fact that metropolitan lifestyles tend to encourage left-leaning thinking (as is common in the western world), and that's just where higher density populations are.

I'm going to pop the rest of my reply about the virus in the other thread (to keep it all in one place).

59 minutes ago, Doro said:

I didn't say it was,

i never said you did...

but it's certainly helpful to at least try to remove an aspect of it.

well if you want to get into the subject of release control valves...

an interesting study on what was done then Vs. what is done now.

got programing?  it is an amazing phenomena to witness.

Also, I spotted that suggestion that blacks don't vote for Trump, you sneaky sausage you.

actually i didn't have Blexit, or Kanye in mind.  if you have something to suggest...  spit it out.

It could be lack of travel to "red states" compared to "blue states", but I lean more to the fact that metropolitan lifestyles tend to encourage left-leaning thinking (as is common in the western world), and that's just where higher density populations are.

as long as people of color have immunity from racism & it is solely a white persons disease... 

feel free to completely ignore things like "Han" Chinese and what they did to Koreans, Japanese & other Asian populations...  never mind their intentions for the rest of the planet...  and we can additionally ignore Chinese regimes current operations in African countries.

or all the other non white tribal feuds strewn across the history of the globe.

tribalism benefits the in-group almost universally to the detriment of the out-group.

history is also replete with those on all spectrum of the compass trying to enact solutions too.  something deceptive in the human psyche that sees absolution via, "washing ones hands" of a stain.

regardless, scape-goating Trump...  will fail.

21 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

i never said you did...

well if you want to get into the subject of release control valves...

an interesting study on what was done then Vs. what is done now.

got programing?  it is an amazing phenomena to witness.

actually i didn't have Blexit, or Kanye in mind.  if you have something to suggest...  spit it out.

as long as people of color have immunity from racism & it is solely a white persons disease... 

feel free to completely ignore things like "Han" Chinese and what they did to Koreans, Japanese & other Asian populations...  never mind their intentions for the rest of the planet...  and we can additionally ignore Chinese regimes current operations in African countries.

or all the other non white tribal feuds strewn across the history of the globe.

tribalism benefits the in-group almost universally to the detriment of the out-group.

history is also replete with those on all spectrum of the compass trying to enact solutions too.  something deceptive in the human psyche that sees absolution via, "washing ones hands" of a stain.

regardless, scape-goating Trump...  will fail.

You've lost me entirely. There's a Blexit on Jews with racist African Han historical feuds built on anti-white release valve scapegoats?

20 minutes ago, Doro said:

You've lost me entirely. There's a Blexit on Jews with racist African Han historical feuds built on anti-white release valve scapegoats?

huh?

maybe hiding for a week was the best idea...

and when will Joe be announcing his female VP pick?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconservativeopinion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2FKamala-Harris.png&f=1&nofb=1

7 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

maybe hiding for a week was the best idea...

and when will Joe be announcing his female VP pick?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconservativeopinion.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2FKamala-Harris.png&f=1&nofb=1

Kobluchar ought to be his pick, imo. Picking any of those 3 would be a huge mistake.

22 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Kobluchar ought to be his pick, imo. Picking any of those 3 would be a huge mistake.

ah yes, nervous Amy:

the snow queen:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/720x405/p070j8fr.jpg

i have more to say regarding Amy, but i'll put it in the Covid thread...

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Sums up why a significant chunk of American's don't trust the MSM quite nicely...

Oh that's rich, that's hilarious!  Trump is complaining about malicious attacks?  LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  What a little bitch and hypocrite, no wonder you love him so much.

Trump is terrible at crisis management. That will happen when the current President lives in a world of denial. The Mad Hatter could do a better job at leading the US.

Recent polls show Trump is being seen for the bafoon he is.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/fox-news-poll-biden-leads-trump-wins-high-marks-for-female-vp-pledge/ar-BB11OkW2?li=BBnb7Kz

I don't care for Biden, but he will do a better job leading the US, even if he sleeps all the way through 4 years. Once conservatives sense the Trump ship is sinking, they'll all be jumping ship. I'll enjoy knowing a whole country will be laughing at the moron after he leaves the Oval office. Perhaps one day conservatives will look back in reflection and say to themselves, Da Fuk were we thinking.

2 minutes ago, Splay said:

Trump is terrible at crisis management. That will happen when the current President lives in a world of denial. The Mad Hatter could do a better job at leading the US.

Actually, I've seen several polls that show otherwise, as trump's approval rating is actually positive, largely because he's been doing daily briefings for the Coronavirus.

It's spelled "buffoon"......

I don't care for Biden, but he will do a better job leading the US, even if he sleeps all the way through 4 years. Once conservatives sense the Trump ship is sinking, they'll all be jumping ship. I'll enjoy knowing a whole country will be laughing at the moron after he leaves the Oval office. Perhaps one day conservatives will look back in reflection and say to themselves, Da Fuk were we thinking.

Except that the only people that say the Trump ship is sinking are those that are flying higher than a kite own hubris.

20 minutes ago, Splay said:

18 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Actually, I've seen several polls that show otherwise, as trump's approval rating is actually positive, largely because he's been doing daily briefings for the Coronavirus.

I'd be careful of polls. They were the downfall of the smug left media when they thought they had Clinton all set, and the same for the UK with Brexit, only to find out they were well out of touch with the popular pulse. The whole point is that the majority of people aren't holding opinions or living the way the echo-chamber elite believe. Not to say Trump isn't supported by a lot of people still, since crises tend to bring out a temporary rallying effect.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

His daily briefings have about as much caloric information as a word salad bar. For some standing there representing the US it is like they were sentenced to eternal hell waiting for it to be finished.

5e7505b6c48540379e1abab2?width=1100&form

It's spelled "buffoon"

Don't tell Trump this or he'd say you are nasty.

Except that the only people that say the Trump ship is sinking are those that are flying higher than a kite own hubris.

Trump Detachment Syndrome is more contagious than Covid.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

I'd be careful of polls.

I don't place much value on polls from media. The sample sizes are too small to validate being general consensus. Also I try to consider who is reading the articles, the polls are connected to, and the general availability of the poll itself.

When listening to Trump give speeches or press briefings the only thing that comes to mind is "huh?"  He's incoherent.

5 hours ago, Amenhir said:

When listening to Trump give speeches or press briefings the only thing that comes to mind is "huh?"  He's incoherent.

Lately I tired again to listem to him. It is incoherent drivel. 

One of the best remarks by a journalist during the 2016 elections was; "What does he mean when he says words?"

His decision making process during this tragedy was ............

Apt quote;

An imbecile at the head of the US government would always be a problem. But an imbecile so narcissistic that he elevates his own stunted knowledge above the judgment of medicine and science is a calamity.