Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Thank you! I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Dear leader is the bomb!

Hey, at least he's not walking into an almost signed bailout and delaying it for about a week because there's not enough pork... which likely caused many Americans to miss rent in April.  I mean, now's a perfect time to leverage the suffering of millions Americans for our political agenda, amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Hey, at least he's not walking into an almost signed bailout and delaying it for about a week because there's not enough pork... which likely caused many Americans to miss rent in April.  I mean, now's a perfect time to leverage the suffering of millions Americans for our political agenda, amirite?

My opponents are dumb so it justifies my incoherent ramblings. Dear leader can do no wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

member this:

 On 3/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, LasraelLarson said:

the 10th amendment to the US constitution.  an interesting thing with regard to healthcare...

On 3/30/2020 at 10:08 PM, LasraelLarson said:

the States that expect the Federal apparatus to entirely handle everything...  cede much.

back when they hounded Trump to close everything down & were highlighting the Federal governments responsibility in this situation, etc. etc.

my how quickly things shift.

now the 10th amendment is all of a sudden super important.  ;)

...

Trump loves the flick, "Mutiny on the Bounty...   _O-  do you know what is happening with that?  it is related to the above, but still playing out so i won't spoil.

...

that google kerfuffle:

...

his latest berating Nancy Pelosi to get back to work Vs. recessing congress and appointing his nominations via the recess...  only one other President besides Trump has not done this so far.  we will just have to wait and see if he actually does recess, and if so does he appoint anyone under that executive privilege?

...

when was the last time the presumptive Dem nominee was declared months before a convention?  why did Barack wait so long to endorse Joe?

...

how many ventilators has New York used so far?  did they need them all?  those hospital ships, turned up after all as well.


this is just some of the more recent stuff that played out oddly, or is about too.  & yet it will work out.

guess it is all just dumb luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

My opponents are dumb so it justifies my incoherent ramblings. Dear leader can do no wrong!

So why did Nancy Pelosi delay the bailout by about a week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh look, it's another idiot that believes the MSM narrative...

The article from Newsweek lists in detail about how the Capitol's defenses are established, structured, and employed. I doubt you read the article or know anything about it. You call it a narrative. That just shows where anything that doesn't come from Timhat or a Hillbilly must be fake news.

You know I'm smiling atm, because one thing will be sure. Trump is going into a bunker and it will drive him bonkers being without his attention fix.

I'm amazed it hasn't occurred to you why Trump sucks the big dick of MSM for his daily propaganda briefings. The attention whore can't help himself and whats sad is those same media companies ask questions Trump won't answer. Instead he throws tantrums. In the process the troll gets trolled. That's right Trump been getting trolled daily and still he is too dumb to know it. He swallows the hook so deep its hangin out his ass by the time the briefing is over. At this point the reporters have no news to report because Trump is not news worthy. They are there just to poke the dumbass to see how far he will go.

Now, under normal circumstances that would be frowned upon, however since Trump is an arrogant fuck full of his own shit, he is getting the fruits of his labor. Trump is an ass and now gets treated like one. I can say with some surety the next new President will receive much more respect from reporters directly posing questions during WH briefings. Watch and see if the atmosphere doesn't instantly change, once Trump is no more.

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

his latest berating Nancy Pelosi to get back to work Vs. recessing congress and appointing his nominations via the recess...  only one other President besides Trump has not done this so far.  we will just have to wait and see if he actually does recess, and if so does he appoint anyone under that executive privilege?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So why did Nancy Pelosi delay the bailout by about a week?

My opponents are dumb so I don't have to justify my incoherent ramblings and I can deflect better than a Clinton. Dear leader is so awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that with almost 40,000 deaths so far, Trump felt confident saying this (with incorrect numbers, too):

But then he's always had a grudge about Obama.

Will he resign? Of course he won't.

All the lying, the gas-lighting, the failed distractions, the subject changing, the tantrums... he's thrown it all aside to just openly display double-think. He doesn't have the common courtesy to try to leave after throwing a smoke bomb, in fact he's not even throwing one, he's just waving his hands and saying "smoke bomb" then sitting there with his arms folded waiting for someone to massage his ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

My opponents are dumb so I don't have to justify my incoherent ramblings and I can deflect better than a Clinton. Dear leader is so awesome!

You still never answered why it is acceptable for the Democrats to use a crisis to push their agenda when they should have been focusing on helping the American people - just continued to spout your bullshit because you and I both know you can't account for their anti-American behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

You still never answered why it is acceptable for the Democrats to use a crisis to push their agenda when they should have been focusing on helping the American people - just continued to spout your bullshit because you and I both know you can't account for their anti-American behavior.

I think he's made it very clear that he doesn't have to answer that because he's not defending them to start with, he's criticising Trump. You bringing up Democrats is just deflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You still never answered why it is acceptable for the Democrats to use a crisis to push their agenda when they should have been focusing on helping the American people - just continued to spout your bullshit because you and I both know you can't account for their anti-American behavior.

Could it have been they were trying to get a better deal, in their opinion, for the American people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knew that "anti-American behavior" was the application of common sense and actually giving a damn about the welfare of your fellow Americans.

Trumpism 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 3:51 AM, cossieuk said:

Could it have been they were trying to get a better deal, in their opinion, for the American people

Considering that every single thing they added was pork and pet projects, and not stuff that would directly help the American populace, that's definitely not the case.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, Papi said:

Who knew that "anti-American behavior" was the application of common sense and actually giving a damn about the welfare of your fellow Americans.

Trumpism 2020.

And that's precisely why the MSM has been calling Trump an anti-American fascist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Considering that every single thing they added was pork and pet projects, and not stuff that would directly help the American populace, that's definitely not the case.

That is a matter of opinion.  They believe that what they added was to help the people even if you dont.

 Why does Trump's name have to appear on the cheques.  They are not coming from him, even if some people think that, and I have see posts from people saying that they are only getting this money as Trump is a billionaire and that Obama could not afford to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cossieuk said:

That is a matter of opinion.  They believe that what they added was to help the people even if you dont.

Then it should be easy for you to directly quote the legislation and show me an example of something that isn't pork that was added by the Democrats.

Quote

Why does Trump's name have to appear on the cheques.

So it's impossible for the Democrats to (yet again) steal credit for the Republicans doing stuff.

Quote

They are not coming from him, even if some people think that, and I have see posts from people saying that they are only getting this money as Trump is a billionaire and that Obama could not afford to do this.

So that's a problem how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

So it's impossible for the Democrats to (yet again) steal credit for the Republicans doing stuff.

Huh? This is simply delusional. First of all, House of Representatives, the US Senate and the White House all agreed to the plan, so at least some of it was done by Democrats.

Second, you're saying it HAS to have Trump's name on the cheques? Couldn't they say US Treasury or government or some such? What do Social Security cheques say? Or tax refunds? Or other things? This is just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Considering that every single thing they added was pork and pet projects, and not stuff that would directly help the American populace, that's definitely not the case.

You can't say this in good faith and still be honest to yourself. I'm not interested in half truths. Republican Senators had already padded the bill with their pet projects before the Democrat hold off on the final send up to Trump.

Also let's not forget part of the hold up was to insure unemployed workers would receive enough to pay bills beyond their weekly benefits claim. IE: The additional $600 per week. Additionally the insertion of legislation to help college students with college loans. I could go on listing items the Republicans left out which are critical to average citizens, which Democrats included.

Let's not mention how McConnell put his noncritical pork in the first round. Sunblock anyone?

8 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Why does Trump's name have to appear on the cheques.  They are not coming from him, even if some people think that, and I have see posts from people saying that they are only getting this money as Trump is a billionaire and that Obama could not afford to do this.

I've opted to have a check sent to me instead of a direct deposit. When I get this check, I'm going to strike a line through Trumps name and above write. "Thank You Congress" Before I cash the check. Perhaps I'll take a picture of it before going to the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post this here since it is about this translates in EV votes.

This polling on how the government (basically, the President) has handled the Covid-19 pandemic doesn't look good for Trump's chances in November.

https://civiqs.com/results/coronavirus_response?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true

When translated into EC college votes, looks about 441-97 for Democrats here.

. 👀

Here was America's satisfaction (as of yesterday - April 20th) with Trump's handling of the coronavirus outbreak converted into Electoral College format based on state by state responses. 👀 https://t.co/hoVthDETES https://t.co/jAZk2kezvg

Much of this is seniors losing their faith in what Trump is doing - also not a good sign for him.

Edited by FundinStrongarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Then it should be easy for you to directly quote the legislation and show me an example of something that isn't pork that was added by the Democrats.

Why do I need to say what they added, all I said was they believe it is in the best interest of the people.  I dont care what they have added, it doesnt affect me.

18 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

So that's a problem how?

If Clinton had won the election and she was President.  How would you feel if her name was on these cheques.  There is no way that you would not think that it was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, cossieuk said:

Why do I need to say what they added, all I said was they believe it is in the best interest of the people.  I dont care what they have added, it doesnt affect me.

Look at what was added from the Senate compromise which was basically going to be in effect the Sunday before Pelosi had to stick her fingers into the pie.  All of the additions by the House are wasteful government spending.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, cossieuk said:

If Clinton had won the election and she was President.  How would you feel if her name was on these cheques.  There is no way that you would not think that it was wrong.

It wouldn't matter who signed the checks, it's still my tax dollars being returned to me, so why should I care as long as it can be cashed?

On 4/20/2020 at 8:28 PM, Splay said:

I've opted to have a check sent to me instead of a direct deposit. When I get this check, I'm going to strike a line through Trumps name and above write. "Thank You Congress" Before I cash the check. Perhaps I'll take a picture of it before going to the bank.

That can actually make the check invalid, as tampering with the signature will void the checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

It wouldn't matter who signed the checks, it's still my tax dollars being returned to me, so why should I care as long as it can be cashed?

Then why does it matter so much that Trump's name is on it?

And, it's not your tax dollars really. More borrowed money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

It wouldn't matter who signed the checks, it's still my tax dollars being returned to me, so why should I care as long as it can be cashed?

That can actually make the check invalid, as tampering with the signature will void the checks.

Trump is not signing the cheques, his name is just appearing on them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

That can actually make the check invalid, as tampering with the signature will void the checks.

That's a big nope. The only thing that matters is that the identifying numbers are present and unaltered. In fact, I could sharpy the fuck out of the check and it would still be cashed. As long as the scanners can read the check that is all that matters. Your claim would also count for currency, but yet I see dollar bills in a defaced state all the time. Banks often stamp paper currency. I seen many a penned name or number on currency and even presidents faced stamped over with another face. All of it retains its currency value. That doesn't make it right to do so, but no one is going to send a secret service agent to use handcuffs.

What you meant to say, is if someone tampers with my signature. Trumps signature is irrelevant and a non critical component of the check. Kind of like the guy who owns the name. Irrelevant and non-critical. :P  

For those unaware, the $1,200 is not a free handout from the Government. This money is part of the following years tax returns. It is part of the personal deductible for this year's earnings for filing 2021 tax returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...