LOTROCommunity

US Elections 2020

Doro

Trump adding his signature to the check is just a vanity/ego trip on his part.  It's stupid, shallow and irrelevant and tells us nothing that we already don't know about the man.

Watching him squirm, deflect, lie, backtrack and be a complete ass in front of the world during his covid-9 update press conferences, however, is a national disgrace.  

3 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

both work actually...    ;)

I suppose, one from the perspective of a Trump fan, and one from a disillusioned Republican voter. It's like a low-level version in the UK, where Bojo was the best available for the Tories, but he's nowhere near the sort of leader a Tory voter would actually want.

9 hours ago, warspeech said:

I'm seeing reports that he's going to stop showing up daily at the briefings and will be limiting his appearances there to brief prepared remarks as needed.

We'll see how long this will last. I'm betting before the middle of next week Trump will be displaying his pathological compulsions.

The President of the United States spend more than 7 hours daily watching news. Most days, it begins at 5 in the morning, and instead of leading the country, Trump fucks around until 12 noon to finally decide to show up for work. Then when he shows up for work, soon after he shows his face on national tv, talking stupid unlike I've never seen a world leader do.

The latest moronic moment was when Trump talked about disinfectants. Later to attempt a back peddle claiming its was sarcasm. Any fool who believes his walk back on this stupidity, surely has an IQ lower than algae. I firmly believe intelligent conservatives now know, how much of a mistake they made, placing Trump in a position to lead the Republican party in 2016. I don't see those same intelligent voters making the same mistake twice. Especially considering how much Trump's lack of action has cost the United States so much future debt.

https://www.pgpf.org/national-debt-clock

24 Trillion and growing. :|

By the time this virus has seen its cycle, another 3 Trillion will have been added before 2020 ends. And... To think Trump was worried about short term losses in the economy in early February, all the while ignoring the health of Americans. OMG! We can't close the borders! OMG! My REE-election! I can fix it! Just put my name on checks and we'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

I firmly believe intelligent conservatives now know, how much of a mistake they made, placing Trump in a position to lead the Republican party in 2016. I don't see those same intelligent voters making the same mistake twice. Especially considering how much Trump's lack of action has cost the United States so much future debt.

Most of the Americans I personally know are Republicans and they were initially Trump fans during the elections, then grew to dislike him as time went on. They thought his immature behaviour was just for the sake of the election and he would settle down after winning, but he kept going with it (because it's him to the bone, not an act) and removed any sense of class the position could have held. They're embarrassed by him as their representative and would rather someone they can look up to as a figurehead for their conservative views. He didn't even fulfil his campaign promises, so they feel he betrayed them on top of it all. But they're in a hard place: their only options are vote Trump in again just so Republicans have a hold, or let Democrats take over and deal with gloating from nearly every aspect of the media who equate an idiot like Trump who conned his way in with the entire Republican party. The former is the lesser of two evils for them.

I totally get them as well since I lean more Tory in the UK. We've got Bojo and while he was a better alternative than Comrade Corbyn and his uber-leftist "Momentum" political group, he's not what I'd want in an actual leader if I could pick. Same went for a lot of people who were originally Labour voters but flipped to Tories just to stop the communists getting in and overturning Brexit; they'd clearly want a different candidate if they had more choice.

Modbreak: shifted mine and Splay's posts to this thread as they're more political than pandemic.

32 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

get ready...

"Majority minority" is probably the most retarded concept going. Since she's clearly drinking the Kool Aid of the anti-white, anti-male, anti-straight far-left, AND it's another case of trying to play identity politics, Biden would be shooting himself in the foot to pick someone like Stacey Abrams. The voters showed very clearly last time that they would prefer an uncouth imbecile like Trump over more poisonous self-righteous leftist agenda. If he really wanted to exploit the situation, he'd abandon his pledge to only look at female VPs and pick Andrew Cuomo. But it will probably be Kamala Harris.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

it will probably be Kamala Harris.

according to James Clyburn it will be one of these:

image.thumb.jpeg.84d83e9b866d2d4e210f3960ae74b3b4.jpeg

anyone above would be terrible...  but they have doubled and tripled down on this course.

i wanna hear from:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._O8BuJDtacmqA_hq2ETmLgHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

to see if she has any input on the, "correct" choice.

perhaps Joe will do a sniff off?

Creepy Uncle Joe Biden Molested by Memes

this one:

https://www.wnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/michelle-o.jpg

is still not available... as far as i can tell.

35 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

is still not available... as far as i can tell.

Talking of the wives of ex-presidents, maybe he should pick the demoness herself, Mrs Clinton? That way when he dies (likely under suspicious circumstances but the coroner's report will claim no foul play), she can finally take over and have the position she's so often killed for. ALLEGEDLY. And Bill can become the First Gentlemen of the United States.

preach it Pelosi !!!

never lose Due Process!

just because we listen to her say it happened, doesn't make it a fact!

http://scrippsvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/christine-blasey-ford-is-sworn-in-before-testifying-the-news-photo-1041671136-1538060790.jpghttps://theintercept.imgix.net/wp-uploads/sites/1/2020/03/biden-reade.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&q=90

and it is pretty much a given now Biden won't remember what he had for lunch yesterday, let alone something that allegedly happened in 1993 or there abouts...  like 27 years ago.  also the statute of limitations is now officially relevant again!

...  it never should have lost its relevance.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

something recently has shifted again. Teflon Don.

Teflon is all nice and fine until moderate to extreme heat is applied.

2lra9n.jpg

Then it has this strange phenomenon where it changes from a solid into a gaseous form. Btw burning Teflon is quite toxic.

Joe Biden has the right to Due Process.  the Statute of Limitations matter.  a claim with no investigation, has no merit.

there is no need to parade Tara Reade in front of the Senate, for a show trail.

https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ford_senate.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=450&h=300&crop=1https://d2eehagpk5cl65.cloudfront.net/img/c331x186-w331-q60/uploads/2020/03/Screen-Shot-2020-03-30-at-1.48.33-PM-331x186.png

if Tara Reade filed a complaint through official police channels, it is a matter for police.  let an investigation take care of evidence.  27 years is too long to wait, for such things.

on this charge, Joe Biden is not required to prove his innocence.

# i stand with Joe Biden, even though he would make a shit president!