LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

3 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a leftist gets detached from reality so they can no longer distinguish between President Trump and Trump the Showman.

Thank you for proving my point ūüėÉ

You had no point which could be proven. Trump is not a showman. You're just not smart enough to see Trump fully believes every word he says. Trump exhibits the truest form of delusional. The sad thing in all that delusion is others believe in his delusional state as it if were normal. Deluded led by the delusional. Scientology is doing well these days, so anything is possible, I guess.

10 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a leftist gets detached from reality so they can no longer distinguish between President Trump and Trump the Showman.

Thank you for proving my point ūüėÉ

I love that technique. Anything Trump says that makes him look as bad/stupid/unstable as he is, well that's just the Showman/leftists detached from reality.

This editorial finally points out exactly what's wrong with the media, and why Americans do not believe their own news media, specifically:

News organizations that claim to be neutral have long been creeping leftward, and their loathing of Mr. Trump has accelerated the pace. The news media is catching up with the liberalism of the professoriate, the entertainment industry, upscale magazines and the literary world. Recent arrivals are the late-night TV hosts who have broken the boundaries of what was considered acceptable political humor for networks.

And sums it up rather nicely with:

But America won’t reunite until far more people can look at a news story in print or on the screen and, of all things, believe it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-liberal-leaning-media-has-passed-its-tipping-point-11590430876

----------------------------

On 5/26/2020 at 2:37 AM, MueR said:

He holds the office, he never acted like a president. Even George W, who I disagreed with on policy matters, was a President.

What kind of idiot expects a celebrity CEO to act like a politician?

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Many people want the President to act like an adult at least and not like a petty 15 year old - even if he used to be a celebrity/businessman.

The American people expect a President, not some toddler. But then again, it's not Trump's fault entirely. Yes, he is an extreme narcissist, extremely insecure, a racist, sexist and unintelligent bordering on downright stupid. However, these characteristics get exacerbated by his dementia, of which he shows all the classic symptoms. Yes the Dems made an insanely bad choice picking Hillary as the candidate for 2016, any other candidate would have defeated Trump by a landslide. Many Trump voters regret their vote now, but hindsight is always 20/20.

While many Americans might have expected Trump to be the dumbfuck he is, what they did not expect is how obviously corrupt he and his administration is. Nor did they expect that the GOP as a whole would heel and give him free berth. For the US to become a civilised nation again, Trump will have to go. McConnell will have to go, along with a few others like Graham, Nunes and Gaetz. These people are not governing, they are just obstructing everything. Now, we all know Nunes is a snake and Gaetz loves the spotlight. We also know that McConnell has had his panties in a knot since Obama won a second term. But Graham has disappointed. He used to be a man with a moral compass.

Racist is as racist does...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Trimming out the propaganda points to get to the ones that have the little merit they do....

2 hours ago, MueR said:

The American people expect a President, not some toddler.

And we got a President that knows how to lead - you're just so blinded by your bigotry (and programming) that you can't see that.

2 hours ago, MueR said:

Yes, he is an extreme narcissist, extremely insecure, a racist, sexist and unintelligent bordering on downright stupid.

No, that's the leftist media portrayal of Trump, and solid proof that you've swallowed that propaganda hook line and sinker.

2 hours ago, MueR said:

Yes the Dems made an insanely bad choice picking Hillary as the candidate for 2016, any other candidate would have defeated Trump by a landslide.

And the situation for them was made even worse when they started calling people names instead of reflecting on why they lost.  That doubling down is going to cost them because they are not longer in touch with the American populace...  Kinda like this dutch person who actually believes the leftist propaganda.

2 hours ago, MueR said:

Many Trump voters regret their vote now, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

2 hours ago, MueR said:

While many Americans might have expected Trump to be the dumbfuck he is, what they did not expect is how obviously corrupt he and his administration is.

Just because the media says he's corrupt (while whitewashing the prior administration's corruption) doesn't mean Trump is actually corrupt.

2 hours ago, MueR said:

These people are not governing, they are just obstructing everything.

That's what the Democrats are doing.  The only point they have in the next election is #OrangeManBad .  They have no positions, no policies, no achievements within the last set of terms because all they have done is oppose Trump... and that's it.

And you just proved your own point. Deflect and deny. It's always someone else. I'm done with you.

The corruption in the Trump admin is clear and well documented. If you're too blind to see it, fine.

Trump raging at Twitter for fact checking his clearly false tweets about voter fraud.  He says it is an attack on free speech.  Just how dumb is he to not understand there is no right to free speech on any social media

6 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Trump raging at Twitter for fact checking his clearly false tweets about voter fraud.  He says it is an attack on free speech.  Just how dumb is he to not understand there is no right to free speech on any social media

Trump hasn't learned where power resides. Failing this recognition is the main source of loss for those who over reach.

Trump doesn't follow recent news or information afforded to him. If he did, he'd know, he can't do shit about being moderated, on a privately owned forum and the US courts agree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/appeals-court-ruling-suggests-little-legal-traction-for-trumps-anti-twitter-campaign/ar-BB14G2n7?li=BBnbcA1

The unanimous court decision from a three-judge panel runs to only four pages, but is dismissive of a wide range of legal claims some conservatives and liberals have leveled at social media firms in recent months.

The appeals court judges said that despite the companies’ power, they cannot violate the First Amendment because it only regulates governments, not the private sector.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Trump hasn't learned where power resides. Failing this recognition is the main source of loss for those who over reach.

Trump doesn't follow recent news or information afforded to him. If he did, he'd know, he can't do shit about being moderated, on a privately owned forum and the US courts agree.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/appeals-court-ruling-suggests-little-legal-traction-for-trumps-anti-twitter-campaign/ar-BB14G2n7?li=BBnbcA1

The unanimous court decision from a three-judge panel runs to only four pages, but is dismissive of a wide range of legal claims some conservatives and liberals have leveled at social media firms in recent months.

The appeals court judges said that despite the companies’ power, they cannot violate the First Amendment because it only regulates governments, not the private sector.

Which is going to particularly sting, given Trump previously had the First Amendment used against him on Twitter to stop him blocking people.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/23/17385256/trump-twitter-lawsuit-block-users-loser

I'm actually enjoying seeing Trump's candle being lit at both ends involving privately owned, public social media sites. There may very well be precedents taking place for the future. I said way back somewhere here, in this thread. I didn't feel Twitter was the appropriate place for any US President to use for sending their messages to the citizens, of the United States.

One, being the US administration already had long held avenues to do this.

Two, by Trump using Twitter, meant those traditional paths were eliminated, and consequently bypassing a vetting process, concerning messages to the people.

Three, Trump using Twitter to publicly direct his administration, ignores chains of command.

Lastly, It's just the wrong place to be while existing on Executive tax paid platforms.

Having Trump be a usual dumbass may, in the future, pave the way for legislation denying politically elected members, from using social media, while they are in an elected office position for the term length.

Where Trump blurs the lines between opinion and malicous propaganda, other politicians do not tread, when they are on their own accounts. Well, at least before the era of Trump stupidity this was a non common event. Newspapers in print don't count because they provide no place for comments. What they do provide is an editorial page. So, this trend may be subverted because of Trump's rabid rants on Twitter.

I find an interesting Irony, Trump can't block people on Twitter and can't threaten social media sites for moderating him. Trump is fairly predictable, so I expect he will trash Twitter while using their site to do it. Now, I can't help to wonder how that will go, because everyone knows all too often, what it is like to be moderated and acting out negatively to the moderation, usually leads to a banned account.

#@realDonaldTrumpbannedfromTwitterlmao

Empty words from the Corruptor and Chief.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-sign-executive-order-on-social-media-companies-on-thursday/ar-BB1

President Donald Trump is poised to sign an executive order on social-media companies Thursday, escalating his war on Twitter Inc., although it remains unclear what it will entail.

Some dogs don't have enough sense to know when its time to lay down and stay there. These companies could ditch their US assets in a heartbeat and move elsewhere and still retain their customers and nothing would stop this. Also anything signed by Trump will surely be objected to and not pass a judicial litmus test. Again empty words by non relative person.

The last thing Trump needs to do is alienate more working Americans while thinking he could actually get re-elected.

Looks like he's throwing a tantrum over it.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/28/trump-social-media-order-expected-go-after-twitter-facebook/5265312002/

It makes total sense he'd do it, though. He can add Twitter (and social media in general) to his list of scapegoats/red herrings he so often uses to avoid responsibility. I'm with you on politicians on Twitter, Splay. The moment I saw supposedly respectful news programmes offering up Twitter screenshots as important to stories, I knew the bar had been lowered.

Meanwhile, an American city is on fire because once again US police have murdered a person through their fascist brutality. Biden's playing the virtue-signalling sympathetic angle (easy to do when you don't have to do anything about the situation). Trump's going military, but it's sort of preaching to the choir to turn predominantly black neighbourhoods into (more of) a war zone.

Moderated again. Doh!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/twitter-flags-trump-tweet-about-george-floyd-protests-for-glorifying-violence/ar-BB14KkmP?li=BBnb7Kz

Twitter has flagged a tweet from President Donald Trump early Friday morning, saying it violated its rules about "glorifying violence" after he tweeted that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" in regards to the ongoing unrest in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd.

Twitter flagged the tweet, which is now only visible if you click on Twitter's flag.

Trump is handing the 2020 election to Biden.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Trump is handing the 2020 election to Biden.

Was handed over about 6 months ago, IMO. But he keeps digging himself deeper and deeper no doubt.

Here's the pic doing the rounds:

EZZmlGnX0AAAYIu?format=jpg&name=900x900

Apparently, protestors turned up to the gates of the White House, and Trump had all the lights turned off. As someone so aptly put it, like a house on Halloween that doesn't want the kids to knock because they've got no candy (or Bojo going into a fridge to escape cameras).

Not a good look, as they say nowadays. People turn up to show their anger, and the president hides away in his bunker hoping they'll leave. Doesn't exactly show strength of character or leadership, at a time when he could be using this to try to turn people around (or at least away from Biden). As usual, all talk but nothing to back it up. It also suggests their defences are pretty weak if a bunch of protestors storming the building is a valid threat.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Here's the pic doing the rounds:

EZZmlGnX0AAAYIu?format=jpg&name=900x900

Apparently, protestors turned up to the gates of the White House, and Trump had all the lights turned off. As someone so aptly put it, like a house on Halloween that doesn't want the kids to knock because they've got no candy (or Bojo going into a fridge to escape cameras).

Not a good look, as they say nowadays. People turn up to show their anger, and the president hides away in his bunker hoping they'll leave. Doesn't exactly show strength of character or leadership, at a time when he could be using this to try to turn people around (or at least away from Biden). As usual, all talk but nothing to back it up. It also suggests their defences are pretty weak if a bunch of protestors storming the building is a valid threat.

I read that the lights get turned off at 11pm every night. Not sure if that is true but this could be a big nothing burger.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, FundinStrongarm said:

I read that the lights get turned off at 11pm every night. Not sure if that is true but this could be a big nothing burger.

That was according to one of Trump's spokespeople. The lights typically remain on through the night, with an exception for the death of a president.

If they had said "we turned off the lights to coincide with the curfew", it might have been a reasonable argument. This one was just nonsense.

Trump reminds me of the du Pont guy, in the late nineties, from Pennsylvania. He turned all the lights off in his mansion while under siege from the police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_du_Pont

There is a lot of similarities between the two on how millionaires living in isolation slowly become mentally disconnected.

21 hours ago, MueR said:

That was according to one of Trump's spokespeople. The lights typically remain on through the night, with an exception for the death of a president.

If they had said "we turned off the lights to coincide with the curfew", it might have been a reasonable argument. This one was just nonsense.

I read it from a news reporter that cover the White House. Lights off at 11pm.

Also, the photo shown is from 5 years ago.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8983690810

3 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

I read it from a news reporter that cover the White House. Lights off at 11pm.

Also, the photo shown is from 5 years ago.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8983690810

Hmm, odd. Then why the heck would Mr Fake News himself not dispute the claims?

To be honest, this AP link is the only site that claims the lights were on that I can find. Most other news sites (including Fox) show the lights out.

I wholeheartedly agree with this man. A lawyer who always tries to show both sides of an argument. What happened at Lafayette, beating, gassing and shooting peaceful protesters (including the fucking priest in charge of that church!), just so Trump could get a photo op.. where are second amendment goons now? This is _precisely_ what the second amendment was for.

7 hours ago, MueR said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this man.

This man does as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/james-mattis-denounces-president-trump-describes-him-as-a-threat-to-the-constitution/ar-BB14ZPey?li=BBnb7Kz

‚ÄúDonald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people‚ÄĒdoes not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,‚ÄĚ Mattis writes. ‚ÄúWe are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.‚ÄĚ

With the flames of division being fanned by our Moron and Chief, the polarization is near a tipping point analogous to watching the Statue of Liberty falling over. It would be a monumentous task to rebuild the idea of liberty, but if it must be so, then let be so.

With that said, this governor's timing couldn't be worse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-governor-to-announce-removal-of-lee-statue/ar-BB14ZLWv?li=BBnb7Kz

This statue and others like it found throughout southern states have long been controversial. It was not but a few years ago, protest on both sides of the issue brought guns and other weapons as a show of Constitutional rights to places like Charlottesville Virginia. Confrontations ending with injured people and one death. As far as I know the fate of this particular statue has already been decide by the courts in Virginia, so I'm not sure how this governor can play a role. Also there are Federal statutes already in place relating to historical statues from the US's history. Basically they are federally protected until the Congress of the United States changes the current laws.

What I do know is every Right wing extremist is going to go apeshit if the statue gets warehoused. The internet and the Boogaloo movement kind of insures this will not go well.

So, It isn't looking good and the near future makes it look potentially more volatile. Americans have enough to deal with. A virus killing more than 100,000 people. Over 30 million unemployed. Unstable supply chains. Daily protests where people with ill intent using them as cover to create violence. Law enforcement being shackled by poor choices and causing the undermining of the liberties they are meant to protect. Media focusing on violence instead of sensibly reporting news. Hyper partisan news channels further enabling the divide.

And then, as if it couldn't be any worse, we have a coward child sitting in the highest seat of the US doing what ever impulse he has for self preservation. Well, one way or another this will all come to pass, and I don't see the current President making it to the swearing in ceremony next January.

There's something deeper going on with these riots other than the usual MSM bullshit of "peaceful protesters".  There's been reports of piles of bricks that happen to appear in the route of the "protestors" ( https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8377069/Bricks-randomly-appear-protests-sparking-theories-planted-stoke-violence.html ) and provocateurs that turn the (formerly) peaceful protests violent ( https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/evidence-of-provocateurs-in-dallas-protests/2380324/ ) along with evidence of out-of-staters joining the fray in the riots ( https://www.statesman.com/zz/news/20200602/officials-blame-out-of-state-agitators-but-those-at-heart-of-protests-are-homegrown ).  Even governors are claiming that some of the riots are "coordinated, criminal attacks".

What makes this even more suspect is the (now deleted image likely after the poster realized it was crossposted on thedonald.win ) on the Antifa subreddit (archived at http://archive.vn/BfijW ) describing the roles in protests including roles specifically intended for arson and using laser pointers to obstruct/blind cameras and/or police.  It's basically using some aspects of fourth generation warfare https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_warfare , if not that's what's going on.

Even Governor Cuomo realizes the need for the National Guard

6lLaPH4W.jpeg

What sucks the most are the front line cops that are basically stuck in a meat grinder because their upper command structure is incompetent/willfully neglectful, which is why you have letters from associations of former and current NYPD sergeants like:

And the greater irony to this is that the incidents in many of the major cities (which are also Democrat controlled btw), don't make it onto the MSM, for example:

JxREi2nE.jpeg

There's more going on here than the so-called "peaceful protests", and all it's doing is giving people two choices.... either the red pill or the giant red suppository and also...

AU4jTSJh.jpeg

11 hours ago, MueR said:

... where are second amendment goons now? This is _precisely_ what the second amendment was for.

It turns out their desire to protect their country from tyranny doesn't stretch to what they incorrectly deem as black issues. If they were being honest, they would admit they only want guns for their personal protection and have been using the second amendment as a convenient excuse, but when push comes to shove the application of rights in defence of others means nothing to them. The lawyer is right, Trump had armed agents violently clear a peaceful protest for a photo opportunity, but it's Trump and "lol libs got owned" so it's crickets from the gun nuts.

Meanwhile, innocent people are having to deal with the poisonous element hiding amongst the legitimate protestors. There are videos of unarmed women deterring looters, standing in the way of businesses being targetted. So did David Dorn, a 77 year old retired police captain who was shot by looters as he tried to protect his neighbourhood, and he was black. Could do with a few rifle-toting flag-wavers in those cases, but I guess they're having trouble finding the courage.