LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

US Elections 2020

6 hours ago, cossieuk said:

The Trump campaign doesnt like that he is really far behind in the polls, the want CNN to retract and apologise for a poll they published this week showing Biden with a 14 point lead.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/trump-campaign-cnn-poll/index.html

When the media has put out (on average) an incorrect article about once every 1-2 weeks... it gets very old very fast. https://sharylattkisson.com/2020/06/50-media-mistakes-in-the-trump-era-the-definitive-list/

Anyone saying Antifa is not in play has been gaslighted.

And somehow this radical leftist hate group gets called a bunch of "white supremacist"....

Well, they're not wrong.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479041-fact-checker-counts-16k-false-misleading-claims-by-trump-in-three

President Trump has made 16,241 false or misleading claims during his three years in office

Incredible, Trump lies in public at least 15 times a day. It's like he can't help it. Mind you, this is a man who claims to be 6'3, but wasn't even taller in his little shoe lifts than Obama was at 6'1. His ego needs the lies to protect itself.

2 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

Any idiot can put out a google doc and call it a poll.  If you're going to cite that, it means the I don't need to waste my time with the rest of your post as the rest of your sources are likely just as dubious as this one.

Also, didn't Trump poll poorly in 2016?  Coincidence?

12 hours ago, Splay said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479041-fact-checker-counts-16k-false-misleading-claims-by-trump-in-three

President Trump has made 16,241 false or misleading claims during his three years in office

Just because they've cited how many times Trump tweeted in his presidency doesn't means anything.

26 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Any idiot can put out a google doc and call it a poll.  If you're going to cite that, it means the I don't need to waste my time with the rest of your post as the rest of your sources are likely just as dubious as this one.

Also, didn't Trump poll poorly in 2016?  Coincidence?

The google doc is created by ABC news and The Washington Post, but what about all the other polls including one by Fox News

As for 2016 he was a behind by not by that much only around 3% in the 6 months before the election

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

So then stuff like this happens...

uS2cMqW7.png

How about we leave the statues alone mmmkay?

---------------------------------------

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

The google doc is created by ABC news and The Washington Post, but what about all the other polls including one by Fox News

They're all three MSM and thus fake news, so any poll they put out isn't going to be objective because it's going to be political first, poll second.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

As for 2016 he was a behind by not by that much only around 3% in the 6 months before the election

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

And yet, here's a map of what the districts did.  Trump won with 304-227 votes... that's around 60% of the electoral college votes (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election ).  That big of a margin IS NOT 3%, that's a blowout, and if the polls were actually accurate they would have reflected that.  Hell, had the Democrats done some self reflection and realized that when you run a sociopathic bitch as a candidate, people aren't going to vote for her instead of blaming everyone else on their failure, we would actually see a contender for Trump... rather than a guy that really should be in an old folk's home instead of the campaign trail.

2016_House_Districts_by_Presidential_Party_Winner_Net_Change_vs_2012.png?1485791238

17 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

They're all three MSM and thus fake news, so any poll they put out isn't going to be objective because it's going to be political first, poll second.

Anything that doesnt fit the preconceived narrative of  a Trump support is fake news, this is why you cant have a discussion with Trump supports.

20 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

And yet, here's a map of what the districts did.  Trump won with 304-227 votes... that's around 60% of the electoral college votes (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election ).  That big of a margin IS NOT 3%, that's a blowout, and if the polls were actually accurate they would have reflected that.  Hell, had the Democrats done some self reflection and realized that when you run a sociopathic bitch as a candidate, people aren't going to vote for her instead of blaming everyone else on their failure, we would actually see a contender for Trump... rather than a guy that really should be in an old folk's home instead of the campaign trail.

Yet if you look at the result Trump got 2% less of the vote then Clinton, so the polls were pretty accurate.  Remember the polls dont account for where people live and how this will affect the electoral college vote.  They are a poll of the popular vote which in all but 5 cases is the person that wins

Clinton / Kaine Democratic 50 + DC 538 100% 65,853,514 48.18%
Trump / Pence Republican 50 + DC 538 100% 62,984,828 46.09%

The electoral college is outdated, and doesn't represent the one person, one vote idea. I can see this going by the wayside in the near future. It gives too much power to states with smaller populations and skews to overall will of a Democracy.

7 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Anything that doesnt fit the preconceived narrative of  a Trump support is fake news, this is why you cant have a discussion with Trump supports.

You mean like the narrative that groups protesting the Covid lockdown are bad... yet people protesting for George Floyd are good...  and Coronavirus is on the rise again?

No wonder you can't have a discussion with anyone supporting Trump if you can't even see the hypocrisy spoon fed to you daily in the MSM.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

The electoral college is outdated, and doesn't represent the one person, one vote idea. I can see this going by the wayside in the near future. It gives too much power to states with smaller populations and skews to overall will of a Democracy.

Ain't going anywhere, imo. It works as designed.

Who's doing the "autonomous zones" in Seattle and Portland? If not Antifa, it is people using the same tactics. Totally out of control.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

A. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact is actually an unconstitutional agreement

B. Let's see if the NPVIC stays in effect should (hypothetically speaking) Trump wins the popular vote and then gets the votes for a bunch of the blue states that would have gone to Biden handed over to Trump.  I'd imagine many of the Democrats would likely ignore NPVIC on the spot because there's no way they'd want to contribute to Trump winning in any fashion and they're just that petty.

C. The US is not a democracy, it is a constitutional republic that uses democratic proceedings.  A pure democracy is basically mob rule, which is a very bad things (for obvious reasons).  Trying to remove power from the minorities only serves to make the US more totalitarian - and for someone that's drinking the leftist Kool-Aid I'm surprised you'd be so willing to trample the minorities when it doesn't benefit you politically.  That isn't surprising because the Democrats (as demonstrated by the religious oppression they implemented by their lockdown measures) are basically a bunch of totalitarians that don't give two shits about the minorities beyond their ability to vote for them.  I mean...

43zoz3.jpg

And the further descent into madness in Seattle

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

You mean like the narrative that groups protesting the Covid lockdown are bad... yet people protesting for George Floyd are good...  and Coronavirus is on the rise again?

Has he said that anywhere in this thread?

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Has he said that anywhere in this thread?

That point illustrates the hypocrisy that the left willingly ignores, which is why it makes it so difficult for the right and left to talk to each other.  You are also illustrating the other reason why the right and left can't talk to each other... the right tends to engage in deeper and more complex thought and (from what I have seen) the average leftist isn't smart enough to keep pace with the right as demonstrated by the lefts complete inability to meme.

And then the MSM does stuff like this... and you wonder why most Americans are smart not to trust what the MSM says....

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

That point illustrates the hypocrisy that the left willingly ignores, which is why it makes it so difficult for the right and left to talk to each other.  You are also illustrating the other reason why the right and left can't talk to each other... the right tends to engage in deeper and more complex thought and (from what I have seen) the average leftist isn't smart enough to keep pace with the right as demonstrated by the lefts complete inability to meme.

This is all pure nonsense. Cossie called you out on rejection of the polls linked because they don't fit your narrative (not that I put any weight in polls) and your response was to bring up something he hasn't even mentioned and then tried to claim he believes it. This "deeper and more complex thought" you claim to engage in has been to make up shit in your own head and try to argue against that. Even worse, you just paint everyone who disagrees with you as a leftist.

8 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

Ain't going anywhere, imo. It works as designed.

Like a horse and buggy or a model A Ford?

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

A. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact is actually an unconstitutional agreement

Since its non binding, constitutionality doesn't really matter. Also its a poor response to the actual statement.

C. The US is not a democracy, it is a constitutional republic that uses democratic proceedings.

For practical purposes (for the most part) it is a Democracy, but since you want to be a stickler, the US is a Constitutional Federal Republic.

It's going to hell pretty quickly out there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53017776

Difficult situation for Trump to navigate when the leaders in that area are opposed to him, he can't get away with his bluster and bravado while they're stopping him. He'd have to use that whole Insurrection Act thing, which to be fair has a legitimate point now since there's no police in this anarchist area, but he'd end up looking like a dictator trying to take it back.

But this doesn't help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53004628

So anyone that does believe what you believe is on the left and is to stupid to understand your deeper and more complex thoughts.  If you thinks memes are the arbitrator  of intelligence your are dumber that I thought which is a hell of an achievement. 

12 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Coronavirus is on the rise again?

IS it not, then why did you post in the Cvoid thread that it is

Looks like Tiny Trump changed his mind on the rally date.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/12/president-donald-trump-tulsa-oklahoma-rally-juneteenth/3181145001/

I guess even he knew there's no way to spin it to benefit him otherwise, since the sort of red-necks who would appreciate something like that are already his supporters.

On 6/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, Almagnus1 said:

the right tends to engage in deeper and more complex thought

Impress me. Seriously, make it an effort. Show me a discussion which isn't being vomited by an obvious biased conservative. Show me a discussion where you are part of it, fully engaged talking the points. I want to see this deeper, more complex thought.

Really! Get it out here and have it maintain a solid logical basis.

Do this, and I'll stop posting.