US Elections 2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay that is just the most batshit answer you could give. First as previously mentioned, not all women can take the pill for a wide range of reasons. Second, where the actual flying fuck is the respon

Right.. Obviously you don't know, since you're railing against the "illegal inquiry of the democrats". Okay, what I read matters greatly. I'll take that argument. Media bias is a thing. That's

You know Interfax is a Russian state agency right?

Posted Images

I am no militarist, on the contrary - whenever I hear about imperialist scum sending their soldiers to die willy-nilly I feel like sending there instead those politicians that give the order.

However, to all the Head Trolls calling the dead servicemen losers or suckers - I dedicate this song from my youth;

On 9/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, warspeech said:

Did you see that they used this exact song to bring him out during his last airplane-hangar rally?  I kid you not.  People were wondering if his own staff was trolling him.

I am unable to believe you, but then I am also unable to believe this photo from Trump rally in MAY 2020....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/13/opinion/activism-trump-masks-climate.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

To be fair, not only Americans are idiots - in Poland we'd just had a huge gethering of CoVID deniers, without masks, with calls of "Imprison Bill Gates", "The pandemic is a lie" etc...

The police did nothing of course - though they were breaking the rules, they were right-wing idiots...

• 2 weeks later...

This guy would have never survived a Mueller investigation testifying in person.

The guy talks shit his whole life and in 2016 when questioned under oath, expects to not be held accountable for those same words. In the end, Trump lost and paid $25 million and was ok with that as long as he could admit no wrong doing.

Now we can see 1st hand why his attorneys try to keep him off the stand at all cost.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, Doro said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54257450

"Prince Harry urges US citizens to 'reject hate speech' and vote in the presidential election"

Does this count as foreign "hacking" of an election, or is it only limited to memes on Facebook?

Well, he lives in the USA and no part of the UK Royal house anymore. And I guess his wife can/will vote in the elections; Though I don't understand why you flee away from BorisJohnson and then choose the USA ;)

1 hour ago, Thrabath said:

Well, I hope for the Americans here that a miracle happens and neither of those becomes your next president;

you’ve got 300+ million citizens and these 2 are the best there is?

Biden won the nomination because he was the safest choice.  The other front runners were too progressive.  Unfortunately, beating Trump is incredibly important and necessary.  Democrats are pussies and prefer to keep it safe.  That's why we'll never have a transformative President.  They wanted to attract as many white suburbanites as they could and having some left wing "extremist" would have handed Trump the election.  Biden isn't the best there is, he's the one that is most likely to return the country to some semblance of normal.

Did anyone bother to watch the "debate"? I couldn't bring myself to sit through Playground Dementia 101, but I've heard it was as pointless and embarrassing as I thought it would be.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Did anyone bother to watch the "debate"? I couldn't bring myself to sit through Playground Dementia 101, but I've heard it was as pointless and embarrassing as I thought it would be.

I woke up at night to take a piss, and thought - Oh well, I'll turn on the TV.

Then I thought they were taking the piss. 

Shambolic shit-show. 

Watched it. No hot takes to offer, only tepid room temperature takes.

Trump looked like he expected to wing it but was rattled his opponent came more prepared than anticipated.

Biden strategy was obviously to minimize Biden's verbal stumbles, resulting in him sticking implacably to pre-formulated talking points even when those didn't address the questions directly, making himself sound vague and slippery like the politician he is. Looking into camera addressing people at home was a cheap copout from actually engaging those present at debate itself. Overall, a calculated emphasis on reactive mirroring and punitive affection-withholding to mask a lack of substance. Nothing proactive, just vampiric feeding off others.

Biden's mental hiccups briefly slipped through in a couple of moments - was eerie to notice, like a machine suddenly sputtering but getting an instant power boost. Uncanny valley.

Trump strategy was obviously to derail Biden and get him to gaffe, but in so doing he ended up derailing himself the entire time, contradicting/abandoning his own talking points while reacting on the fly and sounding like his own twitter feeds. This blunt dynamic energy could've worked on lively agitated opponents, but with Biden's pre-formulated script it had nowhere to go but in circles. The very few moments Trump lowered his voice to talk conversationally he was on the threshold of coming across as approachable and sensible, but the sensible points he was making were soon lost in the fray of his own word salad. Expected him to play smarter or at least bully smarter, was disappointed at how easily he was strung along. That's what you get for underestimating your opponent's advisory board.

Overall, free popcorn entertainment of dystopian vaudeville. Surprised it wasn't on pay-per-view with this much sleaze tbh.

The highlight of the night was Chris Wallace's relishing in his role of moderating Trump and their sexual tension throughout

Still fixated on the non entity "Antifa" and failing to see the real threat of the "Boggy Men".  If you don't win Donald, the Boggy Men will come after you, the Father's voice in his head still?

Key moment in the "debate" was Trump's reaction to having his intelligence questioned. Ofc a bright person wouldn't call the NYT tax revelations both all lies and illegally obtained. You have to be a total moron to believe the shit on twitter and Fox though. The whole thing is paranoia in the extreme. Odd strategy to deflect from covid-19 by spreading a paranoia epidemic.  

The spectacular, best ever, greatest in history Health Care plan will be ready in a few weeks again though. 

He so dumb he can't see how obvious it is to see how dumb he is.  But he's just as much a victim as his dipshit base to what they are being fed.  You can bet that given the option of any two choices he will choose the worst for everyone, including himself in the log run. 

The shit keeps hitting the fan yet his base keeps digging deeper.  He can't even get that having his gun toting white boys hanging around the polling stations isn't a leap toward the anarchy he's professing to be against.   

Can we not inject... Can we not nuke the... It's a Miracle, try it...

I had to laugh at the end of the the first segment of this tragic debate when Biden said "Well that was productive..." What he failed to do was a short drum roll on the lectern and pointing to Trump a "Now that's sarcasm..." 

The thing is, you don't publicly denounce a far-right, neo fascist, male-only organization by telling them to "stand back and stand by".  Worse, that wasn't an off the cuff remark--it was actually thought out in his pre-prep for the debate.

Trump has corona; Even though I don't agree with him, I hope he recovers quickly.

And while he probably is in a higher-risk group (high age, overweight, probably not the most healthy person living) I would be suprised if he doesn't survive. It is diagnosed early, high chance he won't have severe symptoms and he will have perfect health care; 

But I can't stop speculating anyway if it will become serious; I'm not a citizen of the USA, so don't know how this exactly work. But if I understand correctly an appointed candidate can only be changed if he steps back or dies? And since it takes on average 3-4 weeks between getting corona and going to the IC, he will be on the IC during the elections and maybe even in artificial coma? That would be a unique situation and somehow very interesting to see what will happen.

All sort of scenario's come to mind; Trump dies just before the election; Trump dies between election day and electoral college voting, while winning the election; Trump dies between winning the electoral college vote and the congress counting?

And another question comes to mind, who else is infected? More members of Cabinet? Biden during the debate? The Vice-President?

57 minutes ago, Thrabath said:

Trump has corona; Even though I don't agree with him, I hope he recovers quickly.

And while he probably is in a higher-risk group (high age, overweight, probably not the most healthy person living) I would be suprised if he doesn't survive. It is diagnosed early, high chance he won't have severe symptoms and he will have perfect health care; 

But I can't stop speculating anyway if it will become serious; I'm not a citizen of the USA, so don't know how this exactly work. But if I understand correctly an appointed candidate can only be changed if he steps back or dies? And since it takes on average 3-4 weeks between getting corona and going to the IC, he will be on the IC during the elections and maybe even in artificial coma? That would be a unique situation and somehow very interesting to see what will happen.

All sort of scenario's come to mind; Trump dies just before the election; Trump dies between election day and electoral college voting, while winning the election; Trump dies between winning the electoral college vote and the congress counting?

And another question comes to mind, who else is infected? More members of Cabinet? Biden during the debate? The Vice-President?

allow me to place my tin foil hat on for a sec...

Trump has a shit show of a debate...Melania tape comes out (with the infamous quote "who gives a fuck")...and now, they both get covid.  Trump doesn't have to do the next debate, Melania gets sympathy...and for the next two weeks, the media and the Democrats have to play nice.  Right before the election, Trump has a huge rally as he comes out of the covid all strong and healthy and re-energizes his campaign.

It's 2020, at this point nothing would surprise me.

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

allow me to place my tin foil hat on for a sec...

Trump has a shit show of a debate...Melania tape comes out (with the infamous quote "who gives a fuck")...and now, they both get covid.  Trump doesn't have to do the next debate, Melania gets sympathy...and for the next two weeks, the media and the Democrats have to play nice.  Right before the election, Trump has a huge rally as he comes out of the covid all strong and healthy and re-energizes his campaign.

It's 2020, at this point nothing would surprise me.

That's not as far fetched as you think.  

1 hour ago, Thrabath said:

I hope he dies. There's very few people in the world that would make it better by not being here, but he's definitely one of them.

But we know he won't. He'll get top-of-the-line care that none of the people that died were given, he'll slog his already dying, unhealthy ass through it, and if he wins he'll get his poisonous little nepotistic family to run the country for him so he can spend his time attached to an oxygen tank and his Twitter feed, or if he loses he'll "retire" and be looking at all the ways he can avoid getting prison time (probably by claiming health reasons, similar to his excuse for not being drafted like those other suckers).

• Upvote 2

Words are just that. Without definitive proof of test results its a challenge to put belief in the words of a compulsive liar. Even more of a challenge to believe a liar who wields power with the ability to coerce others under their thumb to support their reality. So thats a skeptical opinion but I feel its well warranted considering the man in question.

The pragmatist in me says if this is real someone will become extremely ill based on the percentage of those who become infected and those who survive. Forty to 50 passengers in a plane where one person is actively infected will surely impact the health of others in the plane. The coming days will provide something evident without doubt.

Until something else arises that supports the news story of the US President being infected with Covid, this could be anything from total truth to a complete ruse for the personal purposes of Donald Trump.

Ok

He's got it and is still only thinking about himself the election and anyway he can keep in power. All those morons in the Rose Garden can go fuck themselves. All of them are just great, brilliant and wonderful until they can't be any use to him at which point they are trash to him.

He's asked his enabling doctor for anything that can help him get back to campaigning and the only thing that has promise requires him to be in hospital to get compassionate use exemption - monoclonal antibodies. Next on the list is remdesivir and dexamethasone. He'll be getting hooked up to an ECMO by tomorrow.

There is no way he could possibly go from walking around to this level of treatment in 24 hours from a clinical perspective, it's purely Trump lead germaphobia and all about Trump. No one else matters.

They (the media) still don't get he's a different species, no humanity.