LOTROCommunity

US Elections 2020

Felt I should watch the 17 minutes he could manage with the latest WH campaign rally on Fox. Drivel.

Comments section has a lot about GOD blessing Trump but with the Plague, Fire Storms and Floods, America is looking like GOD has different ideas. Fox couldn't even show much of the largely Black crowd, too much for the viewers to see "Good" Black "People" - off message? 

Fans seem utterly beyond any redemption. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay that is just the most batshit answer you could give. First as previously mentioned, not all women can take the pill for a wide range of reasons. Second, where the actual flying fuck is the respon

Right.. Obviously you don't know, since you're railing against the "illegal inquiry of the democrats". Okay, what I read matters greatly. I'll take that argument. Media bias is a thing. That's

You know Interfax is a Russian state agency right?

Posted Images

On 10/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, Splay said:

Historically, Trump is starting to make Nero and Caligula look like good guys.

They did have redeeming features: One could hold a tune and the other really knew his horses.

With every court stacked with Republicans will Trump's escape plan save him? Typical self interest will likely have them drop Trump in a tidal wave and it would be much easier to distance themselves if they can lock him up and throw away the key. Otherwise I can see Trump loose and set aim on the 2024 election if only to continue the rallies and the adoration addiction. 

Not sure the Republicans have it in them to save themselves though.    

If Democrats retain the House, gain the Senate, and the White House, Trump can be impeached again. Hypothetically if Trump was convicted he could be denied access to any elected position in the future including the US Presidency. Its not like Democrats have to look far for impeach worthy actions from Trump. In fact it could be run through the House and Senate as quickly as say a Supreme court nominee.

12 minutes ago, Splay said:

If Democrats retain the House, gain the Senate, and the White House, Trump can be impeached again. Hypothetically if Trump was convicted he could be denied access to any elected position in the future including the US Presidency. Its not like Democrats have to look far for impeach worthy actions from Trump. In fact it could be run through the House and Senate as quickly as say a Supreme court nominee.

Given the number of sexual assault claims against Trump which will most likely lead to trials once he is not president it dont think the Democrats will bother 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-he-may-leave-country-biden-election-2020-10

"Could you imagine if I lose?" Trump said on Friday. "I'm not going to feel so good. Maybe I'll have to leave the country, I don't know."

Translation: If I lose I'll be running with my tail tucked all the way to daddy Putin.

Or will he?

I think the answer is no. I also don't think any US President has ever left the United States and formally lived as a citizen in another country after their term expired. Additionally, I don't believe a future administration (regardless of party) would allow a President to flee avoiding possible prosecution. I don't see the Secret Service letting this happen. I don't see agencies such as the DoJ, State dept., and IRS letting this happen too. That doesn't include the many future civil and criminal cases likely to occur or one's currently pending. No judge is going to let this happen while cases are on their docket. Nope, a US President knows too many things involving nation security to let them threaten to leave and cause risk or jeopardy to the US, its citizens or components of government.

Really, the words Trump spews on the subject are just a rhetoric salad, fear tactic to scare his sympathizers at a rally. However, merely saying such things will likely put motions in action Trump may not be aware of. I can see a future where a once sitting President will spend a lengthy stay under house arrest possibly for years just proposing the idea of fleeing consequence of action.

How embarrassing the whole thing would be for the United States.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, Splay said:

When would this impeachment occur? In the 2 1/2 weeks between Congress sitting and the President stepping down? Ain't gonna happen.

5 hours ago, FundinStrongarm said:

When would this impeachment occur? In the 2 1/2 weeks between Congress sitting and the President stepping down? Ain't gonna happen.

Agreed.  Trump will be in litigation for the next 10 years or so in civil/criminal cases but it won't have anything to do with Congress.

It actually could happen and should happen.

Here is why. Trump has been the most disruptive person to ever set at the Resolute desk. He is a belligerent, arrogant, too dumb to know he is stupid moron. I don't say that because I dislike him. It's just obvious to the casual viewer Trump is a child throwing tantrums when things don't go his way. A President needs to display something worthy of respect to the American people and to the world. Trump is a divider of people and has many times trampled on civil rights, human rights and lacks empathy for his fellow man.Though those offenses don't necessarily equate to Impeachable offenses. The totality of his actions constitute real damage to the US, its people and our standing in the world. Impeachment isn't only based on criminality. It is also and equally based on character. The oath sworn says as much. More than one US agency has deemed Trump a national security threat. This added to the nature of basically a bad person in general is enough to Impeach a President.

I didn't suggest that Trump be Impeached after November 3rd. A President or any included in the Impeachment mention's (judges, cabinet members, congress) can also be Impeached after leaving or losing their office position. House representative Matt Gaetz wanted to Impeach Obama. He had this process correct but waiting near 4 years is kinda out of reach of sensibility. Trump however if he loses is right now is current. I know lol Matt Gaetz. Even a broken clock can be right twice a day. Still, the guy knew there was precedent to Impeach a person after they left office.

Links with some quotes on the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/06/can-former-presidents-be-impeached/

Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution, says, “The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” Article I, Section 3, says, “Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.”

https://www.quora.com/USA-Can-a-President-be-impeached-after-leaving-office

The Constitution allows only two penalties as a result of impeachment: removal from office, and being banned from holding future federal office.

Technically, it is probably the case that Congress could impeach a President who had left office in order to prevent them from holding future office in the Federal government. This would not only prevent a one-term president from returning to seek another term at a later time, but would prevent a former president from running for Congress or serving in the cabinet of a future president or as a federal judge or Supreme Court justice. However, it’s hard not to see this as a huge waste of Congress’s time.

https://reason.com/2019/12/05/can-the-house-impeach-a-former-president/

This is not an easy case, and there is not a scholarly consensus on this point, but it is plausible that it is within the authority of the House to impeach former federal officers.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/legally_weird/2019/12/can-you-actually-impeach-a-former-president-maybe.html

Princeton University professor Keith Whittington argues that Gaetz is "likely right," because the Constitution does not specifically limit impeachment powers to current office holders.

"If impeachments are to protect the republic from dangerous officeholders, then the ability to disqualify a former officer who has been demonstrated to have committed grave abuses of office in the past might be valuable," Whittington writes.

Tulane Law School professor Ross Garber, who has represented governors in state-level impeachment proceedings, argues that the Constitution, "by its terms," limits impeachment and removal to current office holders.

"This interpretation would also honor the primary purpose of the impeachment provision, which is to protect the country from extraordinary abuses by executive branch officials in between elections and by judges who have lifetime tenure," Garber says.

"to protect the country from extraordinary abuses by executive branch officials in between elections and by judges who have lifetime tenure"

It is my strong opinion should Trump lose the 2020 election that he be Impeached again to prohibit him from trying in 2024. If the House and Senate has a majority of votes to do so they should without hesitation. The cost to do it within the current context and time is far cheaper than dealing with the remote prospect Trump could again run for office and cause more the havoc and turmoil like he has these last four years. Saying let the voters be heard and move on is a complacent stance. Yes there are dire situations which need a remedy with expediency in the country as a whole and mostly only Congress can offer those solutions. To forget or ignore a goodly portion of those problems arise because of a moron sitting in the White House atm is no excuse to take a chance Trump could again sit in the same chair in 2024 if he loses next month.

Pay for it now while its cheap or wait until it cost far more. Trump is the biggest single threat to American Democracy we face today. One month of time isn't that much to get it done and be dealt with forever.

I'd love to see that happen, but don't have any hopes that it will.

The only thing I could see as a very long shot is maybe selling it to the GOP as a way to redeem themselves from refusing to even look at the evidence the first time. For all the ones who will try to distance themselves after the fact to salvage their careers, it could be a life-preserver.  You know, the "I disagreed with him in private" types.

But again, it's extremely unlikely.

I can see the Republicans jumping ship to save their own necks but also the Democrats being all empathetic and forgiving... to their cost.

But as it gets worse and worse for Trump he strives for new lows at each turn. The real chaos may hit only in mid November when "some fine people" take up the cause from Trump being cheated by a landslide defeat.

Exit polls for only the 3rd will be overwhelming for Trump because anyone with any sense will have voted already or mailed-in. But Republicans have worked so hard to limit the vote, stations won't have the capacity to process all his voters on a single day. Getting turned away without your vote being taken will stir them up and "prove", at least for them, the Trump rhetoric.

The only certainty is Trump will make it worse than most can imagine.

It may be his next stage will be a courtroom setting and a hope his stacking of the Supreme Court will be his eventual saving. How you find a jury not already decided might take a while. Listening to Amy Coney Barrett's inability to express any opinion on law you'd wonder if she studied it at all.

Just as the virus doesn't just disappear neither will Trump until he's in a padded cell somewhere.

14 hours ago, warspeech said:

You know, the "I disagreed with him in private" types.

I find those people to be the worst.  Disagreeing with someone "privately" when their very job is public policy/law that impacts millions.  Putting party before country should never be the norm.  Both parties are guilty of it (to certain extremes), but Trump has ensured the Republican party as we know it is fucked.

Impeachment ain't gonna happen. Unlikely to even be constitutional after he's left office, or at least something that would wind it's way through the courts, dragging out the process.

Why spend political capital on a has been loser. Threshold is pretty high as well to get conviction.

Dems should hope he runs again, so they can beat him. Not sure who else they'd beat with Biden. Of course, Biden may not run in 4 years.