LOTROCommunity

US Elections 2020

53 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

And why should someone be informed how i spend my money on things i want .

I assume you have an issue with having to register your car with the DMV

54 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

Did real wonders in stopping truck attacks in Europe right ?

Nothing will stop all tragic events.  N o one with any common sense thinks that it will.  

55 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

From government and people who are so convinced in their own moral high ground they would use force to make me live according to their ideas .

You really think your gun will stop the Government if the wanted you dead.  In a fight between the the US military and the US civilian population my money would be on the military.  They could take you out with a drone any there is nothing you could do to stop them.

57 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

And don't make this sound as some unique USA thing,there are many people around the world that understand that gun rights = human rights .

And yet the US leads the way in mass shootings by quite some margin.   Gun right ≠ human rights, all over the world.  There any many countries that dont let people have guns and they live in open and free countries, where kids go to school without the free of being shot

Also gun control ≠ taking guns away.  In the US there is already some level of gun control in place, ie getting a fully automatic gun has restriction, dont think you are allow a rocket launcher

5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

The other thing is that by having the populace well armed, it protects us from external invasions

Name 1 time in the last 100 years where guns in the hands of civilians has stop an external invasion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay that is just the most batshit answer you could give. First as previously mentioned, not all women can take the pill for a wide range of reasons. Second, where the actual flying fuck is the respon

Back early in this thread Almagnus wanted us to take a test so he could adjust his responses. I am no fool. A person of conviction doesn't amend their opinions based on what others say. Its been more

pffft

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

You really think your gun will stop the Government if the wanted you dead.  In a fight between the the US military and the US civilian population my money would be on the military.  They could take you out with a drone any there is nothing you could do to stop them.

Maybe so for me as individual .

But if government tries to use military against several million armed citizens all across country it's completely different equation .

36 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

But if government tries to use military against several million armed citizens all across country it's completely different equation .

This is fear mongering bullshit and/or trolling to the extreme.  It's impossible to have a genuine conversation/debate with someone that has this mentality.

48 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

If you are saying the mass shootings are the problems, that is also an insanely racist position because you are ignoring the gang violence which primarily affects minorities.  The "mass shootings are the problem" stance is one that completely ignores the data.

Racist?  What an asinine thing to say.  If someone takes the position that helping prevent the killing of children at a public school is a priority for them over gang on gang violence that, in no way, makes them a racist.  It probably just makes them a parent.  Or, I don't know, human.  

34 minutes ago, Papi said:

Racist?  What an asinine thing to say.  If someone takes the position that helping prevent the killing of children at a public school is a priority for them over gang on gang violence that, in no way, makes them a racist.  It probably just makes them a parent.  Or, I don't know, human.  

Not a parent, but I am an uncle, and I dont know how I would cope if my nieces and nephews had to plan for school shootings.  I cant imagine how a parent must feel.

All gun violence is an issue but dickheads shooting other dickheads is less of a priority then stopping mass shooting in schools, shopping malls etc

2 hours ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

And don't make this sound as some unique USA thing,there are many people around the world that understand that gun rights = human rights .

Depends how you view what "rights" are. To me, rights are only what I can provide for myself, whether legally or illegally if necessary. If we say that a government is the one that grants us our rights, we're basically saying we belong to the government. To put gun rights as a governmental allowance, it's immediately handing the power over to them and defeats the purpose of the whole "defend from tyranny" aspect. Those sorts of "rights" are more like privileges, given by what groups of people with the biggest sticks have allowed. Nobody is naturally born with those. Two people on a desert island, one of them is going to determine the "rights" over the other, and when things get desperate those rights start to look mighty fragile.

1 hour ago, cossieuk said:

Name 1 time in the last 100 years where guns in the hands of civilians has stop an external invasion

Well after we kicked your sorry asses out in the early 1800's, most realized the futility of trying to invade the US sooo.......

That and monarchs dislike guns because it disproves that blue blood is blue.  Can't have your populace revolt on you, now can you?

2 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Do Vietnamese-American or Soviet-Afghan wars count? Pretty much a case of guerilla warfare by an armed populace holding out against an invading foreign force.

I had a post I was drafting to counter the mass shooting stupidity, but the editor ate it when I closed the wrong tab >.>

School shootings suck, I was a junior in high school when Columbine happened, and that hit all of us very hard.  Do not lecture me about school shootings.

That said, here's a video on this 'cause I don't want to rebuild the research and links for the post I was drafting that basically shows most of this mass shooting stuff is hysteria that is  designed to get you to ignore the root problems, shut off your brain, and engage in emotion on an aspect of gun violence that is a very, very small minority of the actual shooting.

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

... then why did you comment?

Because someone claimed gun ownership and human rights are the same and have equal status. This issue of gun ownership is not something I care about but saying the two are synonymous is incorrect.  Why not say a sword = human rights. A grenade = human rights. A nuclear bomb = human rights. A spoon = human rights. The ownership of all these can be obtained, yet its just absurd to generalize in such a way. Now, if a person were to say, I can preserve my human rights by bearing arms. This could be true but, all too often firearms are used for taking away human rights than preserving them.

The whole argument about guns is a circular one. To me, it amounts to personal choice. I don't need one. I am secure with this fact. Other's may not be.

Firearms in the US are a status symbol much like a car. The problem arises when some dumbass has no respect for the power they wield while carrying and using a firearm.

Our Constitution as well as its served the US, is outdated. Much of what it contains was directed at England to send a message. That being we are free, have rights whether they be endowed or acquired and our founding fathers would use arms to preserve those rights. I don't see England coming to attack us Yankees anytime soon.

FYI: Know that a good portion of our constitution and government was borrowed from a pacifist name William Penn.

6 hours ago, Bohemond said:

This is a myth based on a single flawed study.

Honestly, I don't give a shit if mass shootings by assault rifle consist of 0.05% of all shootings...we're talking about a minor inconvenience to law biding gun owners versus the possibility of some nut job shooting up a school, mall or church.  As usual, America has it's priorities backwards:

tumblr_py1bm62n5Z1r55d2io1_1280.jpg

11 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

... most of this mass shooting stuff is hysteria that is  designed to get you to ignore the root problems, shut off your brain, and engage in emotion on an aspect of gun violence that is a very, very small minority of the actual shooting.

Agreed. It's the same sort of thing with terrorism over here, where the media focuses so strongly on it that the general populace thinks it's a bigger situation than it actually is. Isn't it something like 50 people are killed in mass school shootings a year in the US? 0.000017% of the US population. That's roughly the same number of people that get killed by lightning strikes. That's 1/6th as many people killed by toasters. I'd wager more people are intentionally murdered with vehicles than "assault" rifles. The risks are much lower than the media will admit, and as harsh as it sound I don't believe that banning specific kinds of weapons will prevent children being murdered, not in the context of the US.

Surely a bigger issue is why these events happen in the first place. What exactly is causing some people to go over the edge like that. However, to go back to the original subject, it looks like there are democrats running completely under the premise that guns = bad, outright ignoring the sorts of people holding those guns.

7 hours ago, Papi said:

Honestly, I don't give a shit if mass shootings by assault rifle consist of 0.05% of all shootings...we're talking about a minor inconvenience to law biding gun owners versus the possibility of some nut job shooting up a school, mall or church.  As usual, America has it's priorities backwards:

Or we're talking about a non-issue that (in reality) makes zero difference.

If you are seriously talking about reducing mass shootings.... why aren't you talking about finding out why these people decide to do that?

Where is your discussion about the decision of people like the Columbine shooters and their decision to start executing the human race?

Where is your discussion that the US mental health system is completely broken, so some of these shooters aren't getting the help they needed?

Where is your discussion about delving into the motivations of the shooters?

As usual for libtards like you, you have your head so far up your ass that it's going for lap five, and all your sorry programmed ass can do is regurgitate the news programming without going after the root cause.

You need to shut off your fucking television and go do your fucking research because your stupid fucking programmed ass has no fucking clue about what's gonig on, and all you want to do is follow the fucking herd to fucking stomp on the Second fucking amendment.

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU CALLOUS NPC

19 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You need to shut off your fucking television and go do your fucking research because your stupid fucking programmed ass has no fucking clue about what's gonig on, and all you want to do is follow the fucking herd to fucking stomp on the Second fucking amendment.

Speaking of mental health...please, get some help.

57 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Or we're talking about a non-issue that (in reality) makes zero difference.

If you are seriously talking about reducing mass shootings.... why aren't you talking about finding out why these people decide to do that?

Where is your discussion about the decision of people like the Columbine shooters and their decision to start executing the human race?

Where is your discussion that the US mental health system is completely broken, so some of these shooters aren't getting the help they needed?

Where is your discussion about delving into the motivations of the shooters?

As usual for libtards like you, you have your head so far up your ass that it's going for lap five, and all your sorry programmed ass can do is regurgitate the news programming without going after the root cause.

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU CALLOUS NPC

Why can't we do both?  The all or nothing attitude is a huge problem on both sides.  I don't leave a huge bag of heroin near a drug addict while I wait to find out why they're a drug addict.   

On 9/29/2019 at 3:36 AM, Doro said:

Come on, guys. This thread was supposed to be about the potential candidates,

There is a year to go and I hope the general population doesn't have to endure raving lunatics insisting there way is the right way.

7 hours ago, Papi said:

Speaking of mental health...please, get some help.

This is rich coming from some sociopath that's using dead kids as a political football.

How about you go get a soul first?

6 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Why can't we do both?  The all or nothing attitude is a huge problem on both sides.  I don't leave a huge bag of heroin near a drug addict while I wait to find out why they're a drug addict.   

There's two really big issues with the democratic position that makes almost every Republican say "no" outright:

1. They are using dead people as a politcal football, which is evil.
  2. It's not data driven - assault rifle fatalities make up the extreme minority of the gun related fatalities, as most of the mass shootings involve hand guns - and no one is talking about that.

Then you also have hypocrites that are basically condoning gun violence, yet get all up in arms over the mass shootings like:

All gun violence is an issue but dickheads shooting other dickheads is less of a priority then stopping mass shooting in schools, shopping malls etc

This position is akin to saying "let's try to reattach a severed arm with band-aids instead of going and getting surgery.

-----

More stupidity by the Democrats...

7 hours ago, Amenhir said:

And circling back to this... the problem with the shootings is that no one is covering why the shooters are doing what they are doing (at least, not the recent ones in any case).  I know for a fact that our mental health system needs help, as much of the homeless problem in Seattle was actually calling a drug addiction problem by another name.  It was such a huge problem when I left last year that it was unsafe to be in certain parts of town after dark, as the homeless there were actually quite erratic, and some were unsafe to be around.  While Rhode Island did create a solution, it takes a lot of work to get it running on a scale needed to fix areas like Seattle and other Californian metropolises (metropoli?).  In any case, you may want to give this documentary by one of the local news stations a watch:

44 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

This is rich coming from some sociopath that's using dead kids as a political football.

How about you go get a soul first?

There's two really big issues with the democratic position that makes almost every Republican say "no" outright:

1. They are using dead people as a politcal football, which is evil.
  2. It's not data driven - assault rifle fatalities make up the extreme minority of the gun related fatalities, as most of the mass shootings involve hand guns - and no one is talking about that.

Then you also have hypocrites that are basically condoning gun violence, yet get all up in arms over the mass shootings like:

This position is akin to saying "let's try to reattach a severed arm with band-aids instead of going and getting surgery.

-----

More stupidity by the Democrats...

Stop posting videos by Tim Pool.  I don't give a shit that you say he's liberal.  His youtube video playlist is hardly objective.  Trump is going to hang himself.  When you comment section includes things like:

Thats too slow. I want to see the entire Democratic establishment hauled into the street and shot tomorrow

This is the crazy shit the right thinks.  It's frightening, and what's even more disturbing is the blind support for a president that is not only a terrible human being, but terrible at his job.  Tim Pool's videos are full of misinformation and right wing talking points.  If it talks like a duck and walks like a duck.  Someone should really delete this dumpster fire of a thread, or better yet, delete my account.  I don't even play lotro and some of the fucktards posting in this thread are making me weep for humanity.  Almagnus, don't even bother responding to this.  i'm never going to read your post.  I liked you better when you were just a plain old troll and FFXIV shill.