LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Iran trying to start WW3?

4 hours ago, Doro said:

Literally nothing to suggest Iran did it.

While I might be jumping to conclusions here, but two questions jump out at me:

• Who would profit the most from Saudi Arabia reducing their oil supply?
  • Who has been interfering with cargo ships in Persian Gulf?

IMO Iran makes the most sense as a culprit, as the US likely wouldn't try to knock Saudi Arabia out of the market this way... instead we'd try to beat them with economic warfare, not martial.

10 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

While I might be jumping to conclusions here, but two questions jump out at me:

• Who would profit the most from Saudi Arabia reducing their oil supply?
  • Who has been interfering with cargo ships in Persian Gulf?

IMO Iran makes the most sense as a culprit, as the US likely wouldn't try to knock Saudi Arabia out of the market this way... instead we'd try to beat them with economic warfare, not martial.

Yemeni Houthi rebels already admitted to it, but if you want a more conspiratorial stance on it I'd say you'd need to look to Israel. If the aim is to blame Iran, they'd definitely be on board with that (and potentially were behind a couple of the cargo ship incidents, too).

23 minutes ago, Doro said:

Yemeni Houthi rebels already admitted to it, but if you want a more conspiratorial stance on it I'd say you'd need to look to Israel. If the aim is to blame Iran, they'd definitely be on board with that (and potentially were behind a couple of the cargo ship incidents, too).

Taking a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houthi_movement (I know, I know, I know it's Wikipedia blah blah blah), I find it interesting that one of the state supporters of the Houthi movement is Iran.  Whether or not that was a directed strike or these guys are useful idiots for Iran (or Iran just <3's  the movement and that's all it is), I'm not sure.

I can definitely see the Israel angle, cause if Israel can get all of their neighbors to fight each other, it means they will (hopefully) get left alone because everyone around them is distracted.  That said, I'm not aware of the Israel angle, and that'd be something I'd be interested in following up on if you have the links for that.

Definitely not buying that Iran is behind .

Israel is pushing for war against Iran for a long time and Saudi Arabia would like to see USA involved .

I don't believe in conspiracy theories,but it wouldn't be first false flag attack in history .

Also Russia stands to profit handsomely if prices of oil and gas go up .

Or Houthies simply scored a big hit on their own

I bet that John Bolton is chewing his moustache right now because this didn't happen while he was in office .

Oh,and don't forget that Saudi Aramco is preparing for 2 trillion dollars IPO .

I wonder will this f-up their plans .

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Taking a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houthi_movement (I know, I know, I know it's Wikipedia blah blah blah), I find it interesting that one of the state supporters of the Houthi movement is Iran.  Whether or not that was a directed strike or these guys are useful idiots for Iran (or Iran just <3's  the movement and that's all it is), I'm not sure.

I can definitely see the Israel angle, cause if Israel can get all of their neighbors to fight each other, it means they will (hopefully) get left alone because everyone around them is distracted.  That said, I'm not aware of the Israel angle, and that'd be something I'd be interested in following up on if you have the links for that.

I have no problem with linking to Wikipedia, since they often provide their own sources, however it also says "alleged". Though I have no doubt Iran likely supports the movement financially or provides equipment (considering both groups are Shia), I wouldn't see that as Iran then being behind the attacks. It's more like the whole US/Al Qaeda thing, where a nation lends resources to (as you say) useful idiots to keep up their activities, but what happens afterwards is out of the donors hands.

I don't know if there's any direct accusations against Israel, but for me it's more a pattern of behaviour and reading between the lines. For example:

https://www.dw.com/en/israel-imminent-iranian-killer-drone-attack-foiled/a-50154790

A couple of weeks ago, Israel claims they took out Iranian kamikaze drones (odd how they keep being allowed to attack Iranian military in Syria but paint Iran as the aggressor), however they also apparently lost drones themselves that they sent into Lebanon, one of which just exploded in the air for seemingly no reason, while the other just fell out of the sky (possible failed detonation?). Both of these over Hezbollah Media Center. Now, to me, that stinks of Israelis using drones themselves to do exactly what they claim the enemy is doing. Then not long after, they suddenly turn up in Saudi Arabia hitting oil refineries and also being blamed on Iran?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/lebanon-hezbollah-downs-israeli-drone-report-190909032815415.html

Not long after, an Israeli drone was once again downed in Lebanon, which this time Israel admits to... following it up by sending 100 artillery shells into Lebanon.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-palestinians-say-they-downed-israeli-drone-flying-over-gaza-israeli-army-denies-1.7841654

This one very recently, where it seems another IDF drone was taken down over Gaza, but again it's being claimed as Iranian (just as they claimed the Iranian Revolutionary Guard was behind the oil tanker attacks, which read more like a false flag).

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/israeli-drone-attack-targeted-iranian-guided-missile-technology-5680836b9

A very brief bit says about an unexplained suicide drone attack, again suspected to be Israeli.

Obviously, this is just recent stuff and there's plenty more occasions where it seems Mossad are framing Iran. However, it looks like Israel loves a drone attack. They also love to blame it on Iran whenever they can. I can see how them providing drone equipment to the Houthis would aid in that agenda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49712417

Of course the US would be hot on blaming Iran. Listen to this great bit of logic.

One official said there were 19 points of impact on the targets and the attacks had come from the west and north-west - not Yemen, which lies to the south of Saudi Arabia.

It can't have been Yemeni rebels, because Yemen was in the south, so it must be Iran! Ignore that Iran is east and north-east of Saudi Arabia, so not the direction of the attacks either.

Funnily enough, there is a particular pseudo-nation that does sit up north-west of Saudi Arabia...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/16/trump-says-us-locked-and-loaded-after-saudi-arabia-oil-attack-as-crude-prices-soar-iran-aramco

The US officials said additional devices, which apparently didn’t reach their targets, were recovered northwest of the facilities and are being jointly analysed by Saudi and American intelligence.

Again, the north-west. Must be Iran, that direction that isn't towards them. Drone failures? Where have we heard that recently?

Sloppy fucking job, Mossad. At least you've got two allies analysing your drones so they can hide it was you.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:45 AM, Doro said:

You do realize both of those are left leaning sources, and the Democrats are the ones that want the US war machine to keep going, right?

5 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

You do realize both of those are left leaning sources, and the Democrats are the ones that want the US war machine to keep going, right?

Not sure how that changes anything. If anything, it reinforces the idea of a false flag.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Not sure how that changes anything. If anything, it reinforces the idea of a false flag.

Which is why I'm remaining skeptical.

What we know is that it's fighters from Yemen.  I haven't seen enough to credibly say that it's actually backed by Iran, but given what Iran has been doing in the Persian Gulf and capturing/screwing with ships... it does make it plausible that Iran may have had a hand in this which is where the initial read came from.

However, it's not like countries haven't used something like this (or an assassination of a duke) to start a war.  I hope the US is smart enough to stay out of this and let the Middle East handle it themselves.

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Which is why I'm remaining skeptical.

What we know is that it's fighters from Yemen.  I haven't seen enough to credibly say that it's actually backed by Iran, but given what Iran has been doing in the Persian Gulf and capturing/screwing with ships... it does make it plausible that Iran may have had a hand in this which is where the initial read came from.

However, it's not like countries haven't used something like this (or an assassination of a duke) to start a war.  I hope the US is smart enough to stay out of this and let the Middle East handle it themselves.

The capturing of vessels in the gulf was a response to its own captured vessel by the UK at Gibraltar. They weren't the ones behind the sea mine attacks, that sounded more and more like an Israeli false flag operation from all that I read about it. It's very important to note that Iran hasn't cast any first stones in this situation.

There's been a lot lately that suggests foreign nations setting up false flags to start wars (or, at least, pressure their enemy into retaliating). Unfortunately, the US is always looking for a war, and will always back what Israel wants, so they'll be the first to storm Iran when the inevitable propaganda-fest by the media has reached its zenith.

15 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The Democrats?  Wow you have your head really lodged up your ass don't you?  It's those pesky Democrats who continue to push for increased military spending, even though the US eclipses the next, what's it up to now, 9 countries combined? /s  To answer one of your questions, who profits from an oil shortage?  Well Saudi Arabia for one, followed closely by US oil companies.  The hilarious thing is that the US doesn't even get most of its oil from there.  So, claiming that a hit to Saudi production is going to affect US gas prices is just an excuse to gouge consumers.  

Here is a lovely pie chart for you.  http://www.randalolson.com/2014/08/28/where-the-u-s-gets-its-oil-from/

I think it's time for you to take off your orange tinted glasses. 

11 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The Democrats?  Wow you have your head really lodged up your ass don't you?  It's those pesky Democrats who continue to push for increased military spending, even though the US eclipses the next, what's it up to now, 9 countries combined? /s

And you should really look at which administrations have the most casualties and tend to drag us deeper into wars (and involved with NATO/UN security actions we probably shouldn't be handling in the first place).  Hint: They're all Democratic presidents.

To answer one of your questions, who profits from an oil shortage?  Well Saudi Arabia for one, followed closely by US oil companies.

So let me get this straight, Saudi Arabia profits because they can jack up their oil prices to cover their losses.... on an open market where it means their competitors are going to be cheaper than they are?

How much of an economic dumbass are you?

The hilarious thing is that the US doesn't even get most of its oil from there.

Doesn't matter, for those companies that refine oil and have Sauid oil in their production chain, they will be impacted.  While slower, that will eventually work it's way out to the pumps.

So, claiming that a hit to Saudi production is going to affect US gas prices is just an excuse to gouge consumers.  

Or maybe it's a statement of reality that you seem heavily disconnected from.

That's nice, but it still shows that the US gets some of it's oil from the Persian Gulf.  Yes there will be an impact, but it's not going to be as big as it was back in

dark ages... that is, the 70's when OPEC really screwed with the US.

18 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I think it's time for you to take off your orange tinted glasses. 

After you learn economics.

Looks like it's Trump that is more likely to start WW3:

"There is the ultimate option, and there are options a lot less than that. And we'll see. We are in a very powerful position."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-saudi-aramco/trump-says-there-are-many-options-short-of-war-with-iran-after-attack-on-saudis-idUKKBN1W30TU

That's about a "retaliatory attack" against Iran. Nani da fuck? Even if it was Iran behind these attacks (which it likely wasn't, all things considered), then why the fuck is the US getting involved again? The attacks were against Saudi Arabia. Nobody seems to want to mention that the US has no business acting like they've personally been attacked, and definitely not to talk about fucking "retaliatory" attacks. The ultimate option as well. The guy is off his rocker. At this rate and level of disconnect, he'll have a false flag happen in the US homeland before his term is up as an excuse to go to war with Iran.

I don't think Trump personally cares about Iran ( or that he even knows where Iran is ) .

We all know who has the most powerful lobby in the US and what country is pushing for war with Iran over the last 10 years .

Like Admiral Thomas Moorer said " I've never seen a President . . . stand up to them [Zionists]. If the American people understood what a grip those people have got on our government, they would rise up in arms " .

Also don't forget that Mike Pence is christian fundamentalist who believes in biblical prophesies about end of times and rebuilding of Third Temple in Jerusalem .

13 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

I don't think Trump personally cares about Iran ( or that he even knows where Iran is ) .

We all know who has the most powerful lobby in the US and what country is pushing for war with Iran over the last 10 years .

Like Admiral Thomas Moorer said " I've never seen a President . . . stand up to them [Zionists]. If the American people understood what a grip those people have got on our government, they would rise up in arms " .

Also don't forget that Mike Pence is christian fundamentalist who believes in biblical prophesies about end of times and rebuilding of Third Temple in Jerusalem .

That is absolutely terrible! I am completely against antisemitism in all its forms and openly denounce such malicious spreading of harmful stereotypes, as well as fully support the noble state of Israel's right to exist as the only democratic and secular nation in the Middle-east. Their innocence and benevolence in all things cannot be overstated, and I hope one day that we can eradicate all prejudice against a consistently persecuted people!

Have they gone yet?

Shhhh, just let them pass.

Good, it looks all clear. You are totally correct, by the way.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Doro said:

Good, it looks all clear. You are totally correct, by the way.

I don't doubt that would be the case, as it would definitely explain **A LOT** with Israel.  That said, we kinda made that bed and now we must sleep in it.