LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Macdui101

Are we being hit 600+ online

Hmm, not sure what's going on. I can see the IPs, and they all have the same first 6 digits, but I have no idea if that means anything. Data scraping? Is that how it works?

It was a load of guest about a third of which were logged looking at threads throughout the site.

I then saw the max users online and figured it might be a weekly thing, Google maybe?

Some bot spam attack attempt? Or just the stat calculator messing up.

Just days ago, "most online" stats were showing Sept 29, 2015 as busiest forum day (makes sense, server mergers at the time). But a few months ago it showed Nov 2013 as most active (HD launch, when OF were offline). Does it toggle between multiple high-activity days to display?

Now it shows Sept 7, 2019 as most online. Nothing explosive happening thematically to warrant higher traffic. (Doubting the Twitch "stalkers" number in 600+, let alone 900+. But if that's what's bringing more traffic here, the subject's a hotter issue than aforethought.)

My isp has been messing with my wires all body day, I was getting paranoid. Least I had cricket to listen to, but missed the OF storm.