LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

Minas Morgul pre-order

http://lotro.com/en/minasithil/

FAQ:

CAN I PURCHASE THE EXPANSION WITH LOTRO POINTS?
The Minas Morgul expansion will be available for Store Points in March 2020 and will be priced as follows:

• Base Edition (includes the Minas Morgul Region & Instances only): 2495 Points
  • Stout-axe Dwarf: 1000 Points

HOW DO I ADD THE EXPANSION TO MY EXISTING LOTRO ACCOUNT?
After purchasing the expansion, a Product Key code will be sent to the email address you provided when completing your purchase. Log into the game client and redeem your code in the LOTRO Store through the Redeem Code link. You can apply your Product Key at any time before, during, or after the launch of the Minas Morgul expansion.

WHEN AND HOW DO I GET MY EXPANSION BONUS ITEMS?
Starting on September 25th, 2019 if you apply a Product Key to your account in the LOTRO Store, you will get the following items upon Product Key redemption:

Ultimate Fan Bundle Collector’s Edition Standard Edition
  • Stout-axe Dwarf Race
  • Character Slot
  • Ultimate Expedition Supplies
  • Great Alliance Cosmetics, Mount, and Pet
  • Dead City Cosmetics, Mount, Pet, and Weapon Aura
  • All Three Exclusive Titles
  • Equippable XP Accelerator
  • Three Relics
  • Stout-axe Dwarf Race
  • Character Slot
  • Improved Expedition Supplies
  • Great Alliance Cosmetics, Mount, and Pet
  • Two Exclusive Titles
  • Stout-axe Dwarf Race
  • Character Slot
  • Expedition Supplies

All other content and items will be delivered on day of launch, October 29th, 2019. In the event of delay, you will receive the expansion content and items no later than November 31st, 2019.

IF I DON’T PRE-PURCHASE THE EXPANSION, CAN I STILL BUY THE EXPANSION BONUS ITEMS AT A LATER TIME?

At this time, the Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition, and Ultimate Fan Bundle will remain available after the launch of the Minas Morgul expansion.

While the expansions will still be available in the LOTRO Market, please note that you will be unable to purchase the additional exclusive items through the LOTRO Store for points.

HOW MANY CHARACTER LEVEL BOOSTS WILL I GET WITH MY EXPANSION PURCHASE?

On Minas Morgul launch day, you will receive one Character Level Boost to 120 for your account on the first character that you log into. The Character Level Boost is bound to account. Once opened, it binds to character.

I PRE-PURCHASED THE EXPANSION BUT I DIDN’T GET A PRODUCT KEY, WHERE IS IT?

Your Product Key will be sent to the email address you used when completing your purchase. Remember to check your Spam / Junk mail folders.

WHAT ARE THE “EXPEDITION SUPPLIES” LISTED IN EACH BUNDLE?

These Expedition Supplies include useful items to help your character through the expansion content. Your Expedition supplies are delivered as an inventory item one time on your account, to the character and server where you redeemed your Minas Morgul Product Key in the LOTRO Store. Opening the item will bestow your supplies to that character. All of your Expedition Supplies are bound to account.

Ultimate Expedition Supplies Improved Expedition Supplies Expedition Supplies
  • 5000 Virtue XP
  • 100% XP Boost Scrolls (1 hr) x5
  • 20 Scrolls of Empowerment
  • Reputation Supply Boost x5
  • 10 Scrolls of Empowerment

Ultimate Expedition Supplies are available with purchase of the Ultimate Fan Bundle Improved Expedition Supplies are available with purchase of the Collector’s Edition
Expedition Supplies are available with purchase of the Standard Edition

IS THERE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHARACTER LEVEL BOOST?
This item boosts a character to level 120. The item is delivered as a one-time package that is Bound to Account and is only tradable to your own characters through your Shared Storage. Once opened, the individual components of the Character Level Boost are Bound to Character.

IS THE CHARACTER LEVEL BOOST GOING TO BE IN THE LOTRO STORE?

Yes. The Character Level 120 Boost will be available in the LOTRO Store after the Minas Morgul expansion launches. The cost for the Boost will be 6695 LOTRO Points.

WHAT DO THE PETS IN THE EXPANSION BUNDLES LOOK LIKE?

Sheppard-Dog-pet.png
The Shepherd Dog Pet is in both the Collector’s and Ultimate-Fan Bundles.

Harnessed-dog.png

The Harnessed Shepherd Dog Pet is available in the Ultimate-Fan Bundle.

WHAT DO THE STEEDS IN THE EXPANSION BUNDLES LOOK LIKE?
The Exclusive Alliance Mount is in both the Collector’s Edition and Ultimate-Fan Bundles. The Exclusive Minas Morgul Mount is available in the Ultimate-Fan Bundle. These are both account-wide steed bundles that give you the travel mount and the war-steed cosmetics for each look.

Great-Alliance-Mount.png
Exclusive Alliance Mount: " Mount of the Great Alliance"

Dead-City-Mount.png

Exclusive Minas Morgul Mount: " Mount of the Dead City"

WHAT DO THE EXCLUSIVE ARMOUR AND CLOAK SETS IN THE EXPANSION BUNDLES LOOK LIKE?

Great-Alliance-Cosmetics.png
The Exclusive Alliance Themed Armour and Cloak set are in the Collector’s and Ultimate Fan Bundle.

Dead-City-Cosmetics.png   
Exclusive Minas Morgul Themed Armour and Cloak set are in the Ultimate Fan Bundle.

Even $40.00 for the standard edition is mental.  Especially for this game.

But we all know whom SSG is depending on...

7f7kvpaex9cl.gif

Thank you Daybreak games for ejaculating your supreme generosity and benevolence on the unwashed masses(read 100 people)with your most justified and affordable pre-order bundles.

If anyone gives them 130 bucks for this then I invite them to slam their own head in the car door several times.

I made 130 $ mistake for Mordor ... not again .

Ordinary edition for me this time tyvm .

And arse kissers are in full force on official forums defending SSG .

( those with faint heart,go there cautiously )

All of the addicted masses will drool and completely forget they already paid for Minas Morgul with the Mordor expansion. All of the ocd taint will buy it today because the new dwarf triggers their compulsion fix. Nice carrot to dangle in front of donkeys who can't see beyond ten feet.

Again staggered content release. No details of the instances beyond two words, Seven and Shelob. I will laugh loudly, if in the future, I find all 7 instances are copy pastes of the Epic Battles. I'll not pay for staggered release content in way of pre-order. When I pay for a product, I want the product the moment the transaction is complete. Not the essence of the transaction. I'll also not pay (Using LP) for the content 5 months later at a price based on the content being new, because by then it won't be new.

SSG has not impressed me. They have managed to find the sweet spots in what drives or compels some types of people to trigger spend, but I'm not one of these. Nope, I know a good portion of this expansion will be broken and incomplete.

Just for the record. You read it here first. I, 100% know when the instances release there will be things seemingly broken that all the die hard, raid types will gain benefits from, which will shortly after, be denied to the remainder of the playerbase. So-called oversight or mistakes. They aren't and never have been. They are product driven decisions that allowed those addicted end game grinders to find meaning in their pathetic expenditures.

I've already decided LotRo is in my past. I've spent the past month saying good byes and slowly been parceling out my assets. Going to players who actually can use stuff. Avoiding hoarders and collecto-maniacs. Turning my Gold coins back into to gold and giving away a caps worth of gold daily. Once done, I will socially divest and go silent save for one last endeavor which may take several weeks, but will only require minimal input from friends I made over those 12 years.

The last thing I plan to do is create a video with my Black Arrow and post it on LotRO forums via Ytube. I found some music I'd like to place in the video. At the last of the video, I will show my character page Freep and Creep going thru the motions of deleting all my characters.

Then it will be done. With closure taken place, LotRO will be a memory across a bridge I will never travel over again.

Twelve years is a long while to spend at doing anything consistently, but its time to move on.

• Upvote 1

They added big bumblebee pet named " Dumbledore " ... facepalm

I said this before - last expansion for me,i always sort of solo role-played in sense that i wanted to visit in game all places mentioned in book .And Minas Morgul/Ithil is last great place mentioned in lore .

After i complete this expansion i will slip in maintenance mode,log in once a month to pay a rent .

Not gonna give anything to anyone,over the years i grow quite disgusted with good chunk of playerbase .

With all those hard core raiders who barely finish feature instance,with all musicians spamming their crap,with all Role Players wanting to lick my boots ( yeah,you Vanya you sick f**k ),with all those " it's not about the game it's about muh journey ",with all hysterical single moms,with all pensioners ... and my personal favorite group - those who regularly self-congratulated in world chat how lotro players are best in the world ...

*takes a deep breath*

Rant over 😱

11 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

They added big bumblebee pet named " Dumbledore " ... facepalm

To be fair, I think Tolkien did use the words Dumbledors and Hummerhorns to refer to bees/wasps in a poem. I'm not sure though, it feels like one of those useless bits of trivia that get lodged in the back of your head.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

All of the addicted masses will drool and completely forget they already paid for Minas Morgul with the Mordor expansion. All of the ocd taint will buy it today because the new dwarf triggers their compulsion fix. Nice carrot to dangle in front of donkeys who can't see beyond ten feet.

Again staggered content release. No details of the instances beyond two words, Seven and Shelob. I will laugh loudly, if in the future, I find all 7 instances are copy pastes of the Epic Battles. I'll not pay for staggered release content in way of pre-order. When I pay for a product, I want the product the moment the transaction is complete. Not the essence of the transaction. I'll also not pay (Using LP) for the content 5 months later at a price based on the content being new, because by then it won't be new.

SSG has not impressed me. They have managed to find the sweet spots in what drives or compels some types of people to trigger spend, but I'm not one of these. Nope, I know a good portion of this expansion will be broken and incomplete.

Just for the record. You read it here first. I, 100% know when the instances release there will be things seemingly broken that all the die hard, raid types will gain benefits from, which will shortly after, be denied to the remainder of the playerbase. So-called oversight or mistakes. They aren't and never have been. They are product driven decisions that allowed those addicted end game grinders to find meaning in their pathetic expenditures.

I've already decided LotRo is in my past. I've spent the past month saying good byes and slowly been parceling out my assets. Going to players who actually can use stuff. Avoiding hoarders and collecto-maniacs. Turning my Gold coins back into to gold and giving away a caps worth of gold daily. Once done, I will socially divest and go silent save for one last endeavor which may take several weeks, but will only require minimal input from friends I made over those 12 years.

The last thing I plan to do is create a video with my Black Arrow and post it on LotRO forums via Ytube. I found some music I'd like to place in the video. At the last of the video, I will show my character page Freep and Creep going thru the motions of deleting all my characters.

Then it will be done. With closure taken place, LotRO will be a memory across a bridge I will never travel over again.

Twelve years is a long while to spend at doing anything consistently, but its time to move on.

I'll still keep up my house maintenance, I have enough gold to keep me going for several years' worth.  But I don't think I'll do my usual YuleFest grinding to get to the new level cap this time, and I'm definitely not getting the expansion, not now, and not with points later. 

Started playing in late 2011 and subbed within the week (RoI), bought all expansions available at that time (MoM, SoM, RoI) and afterwards (Rohan, HD, Mordor), kept sub till completing all landscape through Grey Mountains and ran many dailies/T1s. Then it snapped. I don't remember the exact moment. I unsubbed, parked Kibi at the Shire crafting hall and left. Never seen the region(s?) added thereafter. Never will see this one and I'm not going to buy it either with cash or TP.

As long as gambling/pay-to-win and grind designed to facilitate it stays (that is, at least as long as this remains a Daybreak game) I will never return.

Just now, warspeech said:

I'll still keep up my house maintenance

So will I. A visit every 3 months or so suffices for me.

Well, it is an 'interesting' price, especially for the Collector's and Ultimate edition; 40 dollar (or 36 euro's) for the expansion isn't that much if I see how much people spend on mobile games and how much other games cost; If it's a full expansion, which is difficult to determine yet (so also a f.e. full crafting tier included) I don't see much problems with the base price;

And I see how they justify the pricier bundles, because they value new Valar item (I'm shocked how little information we get what is included in it) as 6.695 point and you get it for paying only 40 dollars more - that's a good rate. Only 6.695 points is a little high for a Valar item...

And if they deliver 7 classic instances and a multi-boss raid I'm impressed seeing what how much content they delivered last years; And going back 3.000 years in time - at least I guess that's Mordor besieged - is clever reuse of region's which will make a large part of the current player base happy.

Only this makes me fear/think there won't be enough content:

Expedition Supplies†
100% XP Boost Scrolls (1hr) x5
Reputation Supply Boost x5

I think even 40 bucks it too much because we are getting basically evil equivalent of Minas Tirith and surroundings in size,which is for me kinda small area to be called expansion ... it's more like of quest pack size .

Not gonna comment on instances,but this Mordor besieged does sound interesting,if SSG doesn't f*** it up ,and by the experience so far if they can screw something - they will .

Seems to be kinda forced that they kept separate Morgul vale from rest of original mordor expansion,if they added this content together with original one i would say they justified 40/80/130 $ price tag .

This looks like a real hard milking of the game .

" Explore 'The Morgul Vale' as well as 'Mordor Besieged' "

" The words of the shade of Isildur will unearth secrets and visions of the Second Age that have remained untold until now, revealing playable landscape and new adventures from a crucial time in Middle-earth’s history. "

Are they seriously saying that the new "landscape" going with this supposed expansion is just a rehash of Mordor but during the Last Alliance? Time travel instead of a new zone?

Guys, it’s not even in beta. People are GIVING AWAY money at this point, we know nearly nothing about the “expansion” and I bet neither does SSG. Release in a month my ass. If they do so, it will be their biggest bugstorm to date.

Not to mention the level cap increase makes all the current gear useless. How long has the highest essence tier lasted? Two months? There is no way you can level up at this rhythm without hitting the Store. Which you already did for purchasing this. Because, this is an Expansion meaning not free for VIPs or Lifers. Everyone must pay, even epic questers as they seem to have gated the Black Book - like they did with the Epic at Helm’s Deep.

Also, landmass. Also, lowest number of quests for an Expansion bar Mirkwood. This does not even qualify as your regular quest pack, but has the same price as Mordor and way higher than every other expansion at launch.

5 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

Not to mention the level cap increase makes all the current gear useless. How long has the highest essence tier lasted? Two months? There is no way you can level up at this rhythm without hitting the Store. Which you already did for purchasing this. Because, this is an Expansion meaning not free for VIPs or Lifers. Everyone must pay, even epic questers as they seem to have gated the Black Book - like they did with the Epic at Helm’s Deep.

To add to this, LoE will again be required on your gear (as it was in Mordor), which means they are going to be basing the majority of gear progression as you level around loot-boxes (just as it was in Mordor where teal gear in loot-boxes had more LoE than anything dropping in quests, etc).  Only this time, the keys for the loot-boxes will be store only right from the start.

$40.00 for a standard edition "expansion" for this game is too much, no matter how people try and justify it otherwise.

• Like 1

I’m all for development requiring payment, but when you are forced to pay four times for the same content, something is clearly wrong.

EDIT: make that five times, I forgot that they have the Virtue grind now.

I remember BeardedMinstrel saying once on lotro reddit somewhere around Mordor launch after multiple bug fixing attempts  " ... it just shows how SSG is the most thoughtful and considerate gaming company " .

With customers like that why not make suckers pay 5 times ?

• Upvote 1

wow this is unbelievable 130$, even 40$ is too much for this game.

But for 130$ I would expect something more than just virtual bundle, and it's not even unlocking any of the old content.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is what you need to do to level from an already capped at 120 char:

Purchase the “expansion” at the Store.

Get new gear - as Papi says, LoE is back. Your embers will become motes so you need to grind embers once more, or, second visit to the Store.

Upgrade essences. Third visit to the Store, get those solvents.

Upgrade ILIs. Grind Crystals and SoEs, or fourth visit to the Store. If there are new raid-gated relics, more power to them.

Grind Virtues if they raise their cap. No way the new content will provide enough points for a full set, so, fifth visit to the Store.

Additionally, some would want accelerators etc.

What would be the price for a new player to get a single capped toon? It must be in the thousands range.

Even crackheads get more respect.

Is LoE really back? Though it makes sense, since the rest of Mordor has it, it would be a stupid decision; I'm too lazy to read everything about it ;)

And as far as I know they still don't sell virtues at the store since the update, which is weird, because it would be a very logical item to sell seeing what they sell in the store.

Same for essences, my main problem is I don't have enough dwarrowgleam shards and those also don't sell in the store; So they have some strange decision that probably hinder their sales numbers. 

But yeah, it's getting P2W more and more;

1 minute ago, Thrabath said:

And as far as I know they still don't sell virtues at the store since the update, which is weird, because it would be a very logical item to sell seeing what they sell in the store.

They used to sell them all the time, I have not looked for them since the revamp TBH.

4 minutes ago, Thrabath said:

Same for essences, my main problem is I don't have enough dwarrowgleam shards and those also don't sell in the store; So they have some strange decision that probably hinder their sales numbers.

I was under the impression that shards were easier to find now, as until last week I had never mined for them and got 4 on a single session. Anyway, solvents are what I find the most P2W component as you can only get them at the Store. And you can completely skip the lootboxes given you invest huge amounts of time, but you cannot skip essences. That’s the worse grind.