Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

Minas Morgul pre-order

Recommended Posts

The fact that this pre-order went out without any preview of the content on BR should be a red flag.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

The 105 valar item has a load of virtue tokens 5 X 70,000 15 x 20,000.

Will have to see what this 120 one has. 

5000 if you pay the Ultimate $130 😂

Just now, ZaklanoSrce said:

Technically you can buy solvents in AH from other players .

Correct. If you are a new player you don’t have a chance to have the required gold, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MusicMachine said:

5000 if you pay the Ultimate $130 😂

I dare say the 3000 vxp dailies in vales will go away and it will be motes rewarded.

Ember acquisition will dry up until 130, content and rep done, except for lootboxes.

Will it be 7 instances or are they counting one for a resource instance and again for group instance?

 

As for solvents in the AH or trade, 80% or more come via the store.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Papi said:

The fact that this pre-order went out without any preview of the content on BR should be a red flag.

The fact that they give themselves a month wiggle room on delivering it is too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thrabath said:

Well, I doubt next month will be doable, since it hasn't been on Bullroarer yet.

why not?

If you skip or short the QA process, it's possible to roll out a new expansion.

The longer it will be out it increase the numbers of people who will buy it just to play with their friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, if a sizeable portion of the expansion is a reskin of an already existing map (Mordor)...do they really need more than a month to allow the dedicated fans to test the content for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand corrected, the newest BBoMordor quests are not gated behind Minas M purchase, in fact it is an alternative to buying Mordor as both unlock them (or, you paid twice for the same stuff).  SSGs communication is dismal for a company that includes at least a storytelling lawyer within their ranks (granted, he is not a very good one).

BTW, win some lose some: their newest accelerator gear does not stack with others. Again, they fail to tell you so before purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675401-Minas-Ithil-Collector-and-Ultimate-packs-are-overpriced-for-what-they-offer&p=7960287#post7960287

This particular post is one of the reasons LotRO is the game it is today.   He essentially points out that the valar level boost item doesn't tick all the boxes that a proper level boost item should...but defends it anyway.  

"I have used the current Valar. Yes it takes some time to go back and maximize harvesting and crafting if so desired. Yes it takes some time to do the Gondor epics for trait points and good LI-related rewards. Yes it takes some time to get friend faction with Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth. But the time this takes pales into insignificance compared to the time *saved* by getting all the levels, trait points and virtue points from the Valar."

I think I've reached the point where trying to understand what motivates these people to be so devoted to a game and a company that is so clearly fucking them over is long past.  I don't want to waste any more energy on it or them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That person joined november 2007 ... 12 years invested ... 12 years .

They just invested too much time of their life to admit something is wrong with the game .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen people with 130 $ package cosmetics ... not very impressed how they look live.

I admit i was sucker and bought 130 $ mordor edition and how i was disappointed in sense they looked awesome on lotro website and kinda lame in game when you wear them .

Difference is almost like false advertising . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haven't been playing the game past few months.

still don't own Mordor & this Xpack will be the same.

this Title has offered everything it has to offer already.

don't know if a LOTRO 2.0 will ever manifest, but if it does, it needs to be on a modern game engine and client, with a completely different team.

Devs like Orion and Amlug are long gone...  & the current team kinda feel like extensions of the 2 Piaz carnival carnies.

i simply do not care about this title any longer & even the chances of my returning for stints of time-wasting free entertainment are very likely at an end.


those that remain, however, deserve to be ripped off by overpriced crap.  they could double the prices on every package...  i would not care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the mistake of pre-ordering mordor ultimate bundle or whatever it was called in the blind hope that it would turn out OK. Never doing the same mistake again. And I simply cannot believe that they haven't even beta tested it yet as far as I know. I'll be sure to grab a lot of popcorn to watch the meltdown on the OF when they release this pile of shite onto those few poor souls still playing this game. 

I mean jesus, just when you think that you've seen it all, they manage to surprise you again.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, Papi said:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675401-Minas-Ithil-Collector-and-Ultimate-packs-are-overpriced-for-what-they-offer&p=7960287#post7960287

This particular post is one of the reasons LotRO is the game it is today.   He essentially points out that the valar level boost item doesn't tick all the boxes that a proper level boost item should...but defends it anyway.  

"I have used the current Valar. Yes it takes some time to go back and maximize harvesting and crafting if so desired. Yes it takes some time to do the Gondor epics for trait points and good LI-related rewards. Yes it takes some time to get friend faction with Minas Tirith and Dol Amroth. But the time this takes pales into insignificance compared to the time *saved* by getting all the levels, trait points and virtue points from the Valar."

I think I've reached the point where trying to understand what motivates these people to be so devoted to a game and a company that is so clearly fucking them over is long past.  I don't want to waste any more energy on it or them.

It's pointless to even try and understand them. You'll be fighting a losing battle. At this point it's a complete money grab. They aren't even pretending anymore (SSG). Everything is; That'll do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gondorian96 said:

Made the mistake of pre-ordering mordor ultimate bundle or whatever it was called in the blind hope that it would turn out OK. Never doing the same mistake again. And I simply cannot believe that they haven't even beta tested it yet as far as I know. I'll be sure to grab a lot of popcorn to watch the meltdown on the OF when they release this pile of shite onto those few poor souls still playing this game. 

I mean jesus, just when you think that you've seen it all, they manage to surprise you again.

As long as there's enough people this time who do make the mistake you made last time, SSG are covered.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doro said:

As long as there's enough people this time who do make the mistake you made last time, SSG are covered.

Completely agree with you. I came back to the game after a long break when mordor was in beta and thought, maybe it is worth a shot. My thinking at the time was pretty much like; for old times sake, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and buy the most expensive one to support them.

At least I'm abit wiser this time round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let just remind people that with 260 dollars worth of both Mordor "ultimate" expansions you don't even get an actual physical napkin .

For that amount of money in any other game you would get ton of merchandise and collectibles and what-not .

But not here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't follow the forums does the expansions connected some how? (beside lore and geographical)? I'm asking cause I see many people mentioning mordor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Talisman said:

And, in the continuing disaster...certain cosmetic pets are getting re-skinned with the skins from the pre-order.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675488-What-Happened-to-my-Black-Mastif

But the xpac will be ready in a month!

Every new goat mount seems to be getting a little fatter than the one before. This dog got a save instead of save as... in the copy, paste edit process that is SSG's development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 11:29 PM, berry said:

I don't follow the forums does the expansions connected some how? (beside lore and geographical)? I'm asking cause I see many people mentioning mordor.

Part of the storyline is supposed to take place in the 2nd Age during the Last Alliance, when the armies of the free people laid siege to Barad-dur. That is, they are re-using the existing Mordor landscape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From that thread:

 
Quote

 

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
Quote

That would imply that the November release scenario is the most feasible one.

Which is fine btw, I'd rather wait and get a quality product. Just wish BR was up on weekends sometimes.

 

Or implies that people that buy it are beta testers.

 

(Cakellene)

*

Nah, that was LOTRO up to and including Mordor; for this one the unfortunate lot who bought will be the alpha testers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×