LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

Minas Morgul pre-order

On 10/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, warspeech said:

That's what they usually do.  Back when they closed down some of the servers, if you were on one of the closing ones, your character got a gift box on login after transferring to a new server.  One of the things in the box was 5 Lotro points.  FIVE.

I guess some people were abusing that somehow, so it didn't take long for them to act....they took the 5 LP away from the box so if you didn't open it in the first day or so, oh well.

I don't think it needs to be a significant percentage of the players, if they're losing anything at all from the setup, they shut it down.  When it does come back up, it'll most likely be with a change that screws over the garden-variety clueless players too.

and this is actually worse.  incapable of a measured and proportionate response.  typical.

that said on this transfer thing, i actually do think it was a fairly high (30 - 40%) of the remaining player-base who are active on all regional servers with multiple dozens of character slots shuffling the fruits of 10 - 20 hours daily addiction and other elicit exploits.