LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Q&A (9/27/2019)

I just listened to the Q&A with Cordovan, Tyber, MadeOfLions, and Red_Panda, hosted on Cord's regular stream.

There was a lot of "we haven't figured that out yet" and "we're not sure yet."

It's a month out from release, and they are still figuring things out?

Have they been saying for months that the team couldn't do certain things (class work, festival mounts, etc) due to the work on the expansion.

SSG has always had a ridiculously short development process, with changes occurring right up until release (and obviously little QA), but I think this time the results are going to be an unmitigated disaster.

I think their work from now on is only gonna increase ( and quality gonna drop ) because source material is almost gone .

I know they plan to milk book addendum's for story ideas but that's not it and they know it .

Just can't forget how MadeofLions all proudly boasted on stream once how he have ideas for stories in Khand and Rhun for years ahead .

I mean great,but i'm here for Tolkien and his work,not MoL's ideas how middle earth could be .

And that will be interesting to watch will Tolkien die hard's still be so strongly with this game once it starts looking less and less like Tolkien work .

So no QA and " we don't know " and " we are not sure " fit right there .

51 minutes ago, ZaklanoSrce said:

And that will be interesting to watch will Tolkien die hard's still be so strongly with this game once it starts looking less and less like Tolkien work .

Have they left after Ragadast creating Beornings alongside Gauredain insanity? Or the beardless dwarfs (purposefully not Dwarves) just released? Or the announced SoM/W ripoff Isildur's shade trope?

No. Because to the majority of them Tolkienphilia amounts to crying "Pie!" and playing Metallica covers on a 3rd rate MIDI softsynth.

1 hour ago, Talisman said:

There was a lot of "we haven't figured that out yet" and "we're not sure yet."

Incredible how they're still selling it with a straight face. At this point, it's almost crowdfunding, but even crowdfunding has some idea of what the finished product will be.

I'm hoping this wasn't SSG's attempt at promotion. They already know if the diehards are on board by the first 48 hours of generated revenue. By Sunday their expected revenue will have plateaued. It is all downhill after Monday.

I see Druidsfired found a way to stick her nose in the MM release. Posting info on OF, of the stream today.

Crowdfunding idea occurred to me during Mordor with the intentional delays on content. It just happened to coincide with the strategy of delaying gratification. I read somewhere on the OF that parts of Mordor will be session play type environs. Well now I know what to expect if I were around for the Scouring. Boring, boring, and boring. More confusing portals and layers where newer players will always be asking the same questions of how do they find it or get there.

I'd be surprised if the launcher didn't come up with a graphic saying.

Minas Morgul!

Get it while you can!

On Sale This Week!

Then two weeks later the lights go out.

It seems like they have finished the landscape so they can now sell it. 

Tybur's good friend and colleague is doing these crafting changes. So the same systems engineer who has messed with the crafting so shoddily for the last few years and was unable to spot it's strengths has yet another chance? I don't expect an "interview" even.  

Allegiance Halls was Sevs? Another piece of dubious tech to lie fallow at a time it might be relevant? No side lined for some time later.

The harpies were on patrol for the live stream, so put my questions on Youtube, I think RedPanda knows as much about ILI as DF, zero. Wasn't DF supposed to be "training", leaching off her new employers already? I know I should take a look, but it depresses me. The only good thing is whatever she can ponce off her victims won't help the abject struggle she has across late game landscape. The Morgul Vale will be a feast for Bond Villainy commentary.