LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Splay

The way is shut

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675548-Stout-Axes-unable-to-enter-Moria

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675548-Stout-Axes-unable-to-enter-Moria&p=7961205#post7961205

Stout-Axes unable to enter Moria

After completing Vol II Book I Chap 9, and being given a legendary weapon by Hundi, he does not offer the follow up chapter 10 to have it identified. I conferred with other Stout-Axes and this is the case for them as well. Is there perhaps a specific racial flag that was not updated, like the undying deeds were for High Elves?

Edit: This was an unboosted character. Other stout axes I talked to were also around lvl 47-52

RACIAL TRAITS ALSO BUGGED: Enmity of the Orcs and Enmity of the Cultists both reward the Heart of Fire trait.

A classic example of Tragedy/comedy duality of LotRO and SSG/Turbine.
No Stout Axe Dwarves can enter the beginning part leading to Moria. No Stout Axe Dwarves can obtain Legendary items. Whats more concerning to me is posted later.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675548-Stout-Axes-unable-to-enter-Moria&p=7961386#post7961386
"Well, tbh, although he exaggerates, he is right. I cannot understand why you do not see that. They sold a race which is unfinished and cannot have access to crucial parts of the game. I mean, come on, this is unacceptable. And it is very ominous about the new expansion they are selling. They could not make it right so a new class have access into Moria, are you optimistic that the new expansion will be playable at first days with 1 or 2 rushed beta tests in one month?

Let's be reasonable here, shall we? It is a mistake, a serious one, and it is a clear sign of what they are selling and what is coming. My only hope is that this is a wake up call for them. I really do."

Its always something with SSG. Always
  • Like 2

Aw, but you can't expect anyone to work on a weekend, can  you?  /s

They already got your pre-sale money, you really think they care?  (Not you, Splay, I know you get it). 

With 4 knights (that I cared to count) in their defence, SSG have nothing to fear. My favourite so far is the one threatening the aggrieved customer with an account ban should they imply legal action.

1 minute ago, Urwendil said:

With 4 knights (that I cared to count) in their defence, SSG have nothing to fear. My favourite so far is the one threatening the aggrieved customer with an account ban should they imply legal action.

hahahaha, missed that one. thanks for sharing 😂

7 hours ago, warspeech said:

They already got your pre-sale money, you really think they care?  (Not you, Splay, I know you get it). 

Yep I was laughing before, I finished your post.

I see Cordovan and SSG are aware of it now.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675595-Stout-axe-Progression-Bug-Mines-of-Moria

"Stout-axe Dwarf characters are currently unable to enter the Mines of Moria due to a bug in the Epic Story quest Volume II Book I Chapter 10: Forgotten Lineage. This issue will be corrected in a game update expected to arrive soon."

I say this bug is worthy of a hotfix today.

Not some shit we'll fix when we have time.

20 minutes ago, Splay said:

Yep I was laughing before, I finished your post.

I see Cordovan and SSG are aware of it now.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675595-Stout-axe-Progression-Bug-Mines-of-Moria

"Stout-axe Dwarf characters are currently unable to enter the Mines of Moria due to a bug in the Epic Story quest Volume II Book I Chapter 10: Forgotten Lineage. This issue will be corrected in a game update expected to arrive soon."

I say this bug is worthy of a hotfix today.

Not some shit we'll fix when we have time.

There's no rush, they've already got people's money.

8 hours ago, warspeech said:

It took until nearly 1pm today for Cord to respond.

Truly unacceptable.

2 hours ago, Talisman said:

It took until nearly 1pm today for Cord to respond.

Truly unacceptable.

As for Cord, your are suppose to take two years to get your dwarf to 50 so everyone must have been lying. 

This is really funny, and it's only one new class can't imagine how it will be when the xpack hit the live servers.

SSG: New dwarf race will let you create female dwarfs officially!

players: OMG OMG thank you thank you thank you for listening to us it's all we ever wanted so excited!!!!!

SSG: You can start giving us your money now!

One observant player: Hey, what happened to my female dwarf?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675616-Stout-axe-gender-changed!&p=7961641#post7961641

6 hours ago, warspeech said:

SSG: New dwarf race will let you create female dwarfs officially!

players: OMG OMG thank you thank you thank you for listening to us it's all we ever wanted so excited!!!!!

SSG: You can start giving us your money now!

One observant player: Hey, what happened to my female dwarf?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?675616-Stout-axe-gender-changed!&p=7961641#post7961641

SSG is following the Microsoft model - the release is the beta, and you shouldn't engage until at least the third update. Though, in SSG's case, things are never really fixed. I'm sure the gender-swap thing will become an ongoing issue, since it's a direct violation of the core code.

And adding the stoutaxes to let players create female dwarves...

Should have just told them to sod off and stuck to their guns.

Since its kinda related, I went back to some past forum posts of mine. I read the same people saying the same things for many years. Standing on the box of absolute. I admit, I do love a challenge and to have it combined with trollfucking is the best kind to place arrogant shits, in the seat.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?667518-dwarf-females

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?667518-dwarf-females&p=7879097#post7879097

Quote Originally Posted by Aeragraus View Post
1. The game already has an example of a female dwarf NPC.
2. The game is about money and making female models for dwarves would cause many people (I for one) to create new characters and buy extra slots, extra vault and bag space, extra portals, mounts, maybe even premium housing for them.

As has been noted before, there is always new people asking for female dwarves, but the people who say 'no' to them tend to be the same people every time.

You are exactly correct. Thead after thread these few seem to think they speak for the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
It's called "selection bias." It's the result of thinking "I want to ...

watch football
drink myself stupid every Saturday night
learn Elvish
ride a motorcycle
PvP
play a character of my own RL gender ...

and so do all my friends! ...

and therefore everybody else wants that too."

We all do it. I get astonished every now and then when I read of somebody who wants to skip the Epic Books.
smile.png

Right here is an example of implied selective bias.

The real truth is most, by a large quantity, are indifferent to the idea of SSG allowing female Dwarves. Saying that in no way means their silence on the subject says they object.

Mark my words. Before this game is gone there will be female Dwarves or I'll eat a Dwarf shoe.

Ugh did I just say I eat a shoe? A Dorf shoe at that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew this was inevitable and I also knew SSG would intentionally contort it into a meaningless gesture. Did I care? Not one bit. I don't choose to play Dwarves. Any post concerning the subject was mainly to roust players like Radhruin, Pontin Funberry, Nymphonic, and that old crab DJ among many others as well. Also in that process encouraged the confidence of others to reveal things they wouldn't normally expose to an anonymous community. So in one fell swoop, I identified nearly all the abhorrent, abominations that pollute LotRO and its forums.

I'd just have loved to see Rad dropkick his monitor when SSG announced female Dwarves.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

I'd just have loved to see Rad dropkick his monitor when SSG announced female Dwarves.

You're giving that blinkered little cunt too much credit. I doubt he could even muster the strength to crack the screen, let alone dropkick it. He'll just carry on posting like he owns the IP, like he has for over a decade now.

He's one disgusting little cockroach. Like one of them cockroach mother bosses in Moria. Ugly and slimy.

I picture him more like a Grodbog drone (lvl 1, 50 hp, from Skumfil instance) mind-fused to one of those bratty bare-ass goblin mini-bosses (from the brainless RoR Goblin Town instance) who pretend they're king, which is super easy to do when you're surrounded by nothing but lickspittle. 

How do you troll a cancer like that who wouldn't go away and must always get the last word? I monetized him. I made a bet with a Lotro-playing friend, then posted some questionable "lore" content in a general-discussion forum thread, counting on Radhruin_EW to take notice and get hooked into a reply-barrage. Hoo boy, he didn't disappoint! - And I made $6, two bucks per each react. The icing on the cake was informing him he was being owned. To which he obviously replied with his typical thick imbecility, but then a couple other posters chimed in with amusement - and he disappeared entirely for days. Only to reappear later in another sub-forum making long, articulate "lore" posts in actual topical discussion - clearly belaboring himself to re-establish whatever 'community cred' or hurt ego his goblin insect brain is capable of containing. It was a fun time.

• Like 1

LOL, well done! Missed that one 😹