LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
MueR

Forum migration coming soon(tm)

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, I'll be moving the forum to a new server within the next few weeks. This will mean downtime for an hour or so as I move the site.

I'll update this thread when I have an exact date.

• Upvote 1

I'll be migrating the website between Christmas and New Year's. A more exact date will follow.

Soo.. time to kick this back up. Tomorrow evening will be the day. I expect to shut the forum down temporarily at 22.30 GMT. Expected downtime is anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes.

• Upvote 1

I'm not educated enough with tech to know what that all involves, so I'll assume it's as complicated as it sounds and say good luck!

If its anything like the server upgrades I participate in every few years - good luck and hope it all goes smooth ?

Okay, we're back. The migration/upgrade process went much faster than expected. Unfortunately, during the upgrade process 2 posts were lost. One in this topic, one in the US elections topic. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• Upvote 1

Nice.

14 minutes ago, MueR said:

Unfortunately, during the upgrade process 2 posts were lost... one in the US elections topic.

48 minutes ago, Altreg01 said:

Maybe you should do the Lotro stuff, they fuck that up continually

Well.. this migration was a little ad hoc, true, but of slightly smaller scale.. they can hire me though :P

Apparently there was a problem with email confirmations (thanks for reporting it Doro). Fixed now.

Quick note, it might take a bit of time before it works for you.. please give it an hour or two.

• Like 1