LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

I'm not saying the hardware is failing...

But, the servers are supposed to be rebooted weekly. Lately the scheduled reboots have been preempted by near-weekly patches and updates. And even with the frequent reboots , there are still a number of unscheduled reboots.

Now, there is this (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7965207#post7965207) :

- Character copies to Bullroarer from Landroval will not be possible for the rest of the Minas Morgul preview cycle after tomorrow's maintenance. Please copy your character to Bullroarer now!

- The LOTRO Store will remain unavailable on LANDROVAL ONLY for a little while after tomorrow's maintenance. We expect to have the Store reopened within a day or so.

Do other MMOs have this issue? Or is LOTRO literally being held together with chewing gum and duct tape?

• Like 2

If they were smart, they would have moved to VMs... that said...

If no one ever replaced a server with a new one, we probably have an ancient Windows installation and those DO NOT work well because of so much accreted junk accrued over the years.

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If they were smart, they would have moved to VMs... that said...

If no one ever replaced a server with a new one, we probably have an ancient Windows installation and those DO NOT work well because of so much accreted junk accrued over the years.

I got the feeling they moved largely in that direction with the datacentre change and why they could setup a second LS server so quickly - and why we have the performance issues since the big merge. Just guessing though! 

They are talking about a number of datacentre changes being made over the coming weeks and Landroval is the first to be addressed.

Mac

16 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

I got the feeling they moved largely in that direction with the datacentre change and why they could setup a second LS server so quickly - and why we have the performance issues since the big merge. Just guessing though! 

They are talking about a number of datacentre changes being made over the coming weeks and Landroval is the first to be addressed.

Mac

I imagine it'll probably go over something like this:

tenor.gif