LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Moderate Peril

Minas Morgul Preview

The first map is a new area - it fits between the crossroads outside Osgiliath and Lhingris.

The Mordor Besieged map is just Dor Amarth reskinned. The rangers of Ithilien camped in the ruins of Dingarth, and Amon Fum is obviously Lughash.

800px-Dor_Amarth_map.jpg

Well, the idea to see Dor Amarth ~3.000 years before Mt. Doom erupted and be a part of the last year of the 2nd age is a nice one; And it looks better/friendlier than during Mordor based on a quick scan. But the total area feels small. I think, based on the map and seeing the size of Minas Morgul on the map, that the Morgul vale is larger than Old Anorien, but because it's probably a lot of mountains the accessible area is probably smaller. And now it's for 10 lvl's;

I only took a little look. There's a fair bit of altered landscape being reused and new areas rather small or mountainous. I'd imagine shard farming resources will be a pain, that was going to be my plan before available in the store.

I'd hoped the whole lower half of the Mordor map would be revealed, perhaps it'll be in following content patches.

Mac 

Oh dear Lord please do not let SSG fuck up the Sea of Nurn..... All of the art I have seen for it and how it is done in the Shadow of Series is amazing and knowing SSG it would turn into More crap

On 11/1/2019 at 10:24 PM, Smitty said:

Uggh....

After I wrote this I played a part of old Anorien (okay, not MT itself...) and that isn't much content/area, so I sure hope it's bigger

On 11/5/2019 at 3:22 AM, Thrabath said:

After I wrote this I played a part of old Anorien (okay, not MT itself...) and that isn't much content/area, so I sure hope it's bigger

I've been stuck in pre-battle MT and it's dreadfully slow and boring. The sky is awful (I get it from a lore perspective, but man, it doesn't make for enjoyable playing).