LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

The delays have started

Will there be time for another round of beta next week?

It must be like Mission Control; they are all saying "go for launch" but no one wants to be the first to say "abort" because they forgot a space suit or didn't load the parachute. Fuck 'em! 

The server maintenance they're doing on selected servers prevents people from copying to BR afterwards.  Ballie on the OF wonders if whatever changes they're doing, and when they are completed, could be driving the expansion release date.  So maybe we'll see another delay depending on how that work proceeds.  I don't have the technical smarts to figure out why they're connected, the only thing I thought of was maybe database formats are changing when they do the maintenance and end up incompatible with BR somehow.

The only time I've had a problem copying over to BR was when I tried to take an item on one char that I'd already copied over on another char. Suspected a unique ID problem so only thought would be that part of it maybe changing the way items' IDs are generated. Until all servers/databases are done they can't have a mix on the same BR server. Purely guess work on my part but it can only be for compatibility between servers. With every little micro update bringing micro upgrades they must have added a "shit ton" more items than was ever envisaged. 

When Evernight takes it's turn I plan to create chars on the German and French servers ready to farm hobbit presents and bank account bound VXP tokens, in case I ever start a new character again. 

I'm also wondering if SSG have implemented some payback for being duped by the shared storage exploit as they have most of the top craft recipes linked to items from decon, which is prevented if you are at cap on Embers and you don't yet have anywhere to spend it, rep/content wise. Not seen or heard anyone mention if this is even in the current build. 

Mac