LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Moderate Peril

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC

I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC last week and preloaded it. It officially unlocked at 3:00 PM GMT on Tuesday 5th November. I haven't played the game since then because it simply won't launch. Rockstar Games put out a 2.98 GB patch last night. Made no difference whatsoever. The game fails to start when you click "play" on the new Rockstar Games launcher. The technical advice available on the official support page is arbitrary to say the least. There doesn't at this point, seem to be an easily identifiable common factor to the problem. Some PCs are running the game. Others aren't. The official Rockstar Games Support account on Twitter is keeping a low profile and saying very little. Reddit is in meltdown. To put it mildly, the PC launch of this premium title has been a dogs dinner.

So to recap. It's been two days since launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC and a ton of players cannot get the game to run. Myself included. I've had to slum it and play LOTRO...

Capture.JPG

Well a solution to the RDR2 PC problem has been found by players and not Rockstar Games. If you have an AMD Processor and your BIOS has been updated to include AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA support, then it won't run the game. You have to downgrade your BIOS so that it has the earlier AGESA 1.0.0.2 support, then the game will run.

I'll try to keep in mind not to buy any Rockstar stuff.