LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Just Another Day in Monetezation

You know, monetizing a game, often announces a fundamental change to any game. Especially older games such as LotRO from its inceptual days of being a sub based game. It should be so, but often is not the case, when going into monetization mode, from a subscription based origin means, knowing your product. Using subtle changes/manipulations that go in stride with already established implementations and or mechanics. It really makes a huge fuckin difference if you know the developed game by playing it. (Cordovan as an example doesn't meet this standard. Not to slight the guy, but his presence is more PR than anything else. Ofc he would not deny this.) Generating revenue ultimately must happen, but...  And holy shit this is huge. Admitting it as such, makes the truth upfront and understood to anybody. This total omission by SSG does not go without notice and often comes across as devious manipulation instead of guided, transparent, integrity. This combination of lack of ingame progression knowledge and monetary hidden pitfalls, yields a plus sum of broken non-existence consistencies. That in itself is frustrating to players, who with patience attempt to endure these monetary type transitions. Frustrations often described by players, who know they are at or near a breaking point, by saying the developers don't care as they once did. I read this almost daily in some capacity of the OF's. I can on many occasion conclude these statements are 100% true. I can also say, in my 12 years I played LotRO (notice past tense 😀) deem that some at SSG truely only see LotRO and DDO as a job. Put in the time. Get a paycheck. Pay their bills. Which brings me to this.

I played this game before LotRO. I put many hours in it and had many sessions of fun. Met many nice, decent people, in that time.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-9-year-journey-to-explore-each-of-eve-onlines-7805-solar-systems/

Eve online has had to deal with declining population in its last half of its life. They too like LotRO have their resident dedicated fanbase. Eve has also had to change it revenue model and more than once. Eve has also had to deal with the intro of monetization tools. Seems same, same doesn't it? Yet it is so much different. Eve has never denied why they introduced skill injectors. Which if people don't know is a near equivalent to a Valar. Near I say, because of the obvious differences in game approach. Ya, Near is a good a fit as any. Eve players are as nuts about ship skins as LotRO players are about armour cosmetics.

Things that made Eve a great game to play is the developers also played the game. It is well known the original founders of Eve were themselves PKers in Ultima Online. If you've ever played both games you can't but help to understand the similarities to both games. Perhaps products of their time more than actually defining qualities inherent in gaming. This meant when Eve's developers made changes they fully understood how they changed their game. This can be debated at length but I'm really referring to its first half of existence.

As the old guard developing Eve slowly ended their employment (CCP Guard, CCP Falcon being the last) things did take unexpected turns. CCP Seagull had a vision but over time it became diluted by player politics and powerplays. You'd know the extent I mean (Eve is so much more than a spaceship game) if you knew who those are. Eventually CCP Seagull left and so Eve had no pilot. CCP being sold recently marks a full end to those old standards. I expect a full monetization effort in the coming years. With developers who are decried much the same as SSG developers are today.

The link above is a monumental moment in the twilight years of Eve Online where the company who developed Eve, not only played the game, but recognized players and their achievements. In the Eve universe the quest to visit every system is a huge monumental task. To do it and never have a ship destroyed is beyond imaginable. Thus yielding a Guinness world record. Nine years and having CCP at the end acknowledging the journey may be the last of its kind in the MMO world. Take a look at the one screenshot where it shows 2 dozen CCP developers logged on to celebrate this one players quest. Logged into the game to celebrate the completion of the 9 year quest. Developers taking a few moments to show they give a fuck.

Priceless

• Upvote 1

SSG does have some of the original staff there still. I have to wonder if they even bothered to actually play anything more of the game than their own inputs.

Wrapped up in their own thing and ignoring anything beyond their bubble.  MoL was lurking in DF's big Ultimate give-away stream, checking any stream that was going through his BBoM questline. That she took 3.5 hours to get 20 minutes of progress did have him leave though. He is totally into the SSG standard HYPE maybe it's better to just assume others are equally committed to their sphere of influence. 

I was never much into PvP but even when I contemplated EVE years ago the commitment over a long time it seemed to require wasn't something I thought I couldn't put into it. Is no game safe? Rather than find another game, I stick around because I can choose not to spend a dime on it. It maybe a shadow of what I bought into but in a macabre way seeing how SSG and the "community" interact is amusing sometimes. I can't help but think there are some very busy therapists in the Boston area or it will be a good time to set up a practice there for when some bubbles burst and denials stop working.

That our CM is promoting mental heath issues this month when they prey so obviously on the pathology of their players is quite ironic! 

Mac 

23 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

SSG does have some of the original staff there still. I have to wonder if they even bothered to actually play anything more of the game than their own inputs.

Among the semi-public faces I can count three:

1) Chris Pearson. World builder (and translator since Berephon was fired). Does his thing (building the world) and apparently doesn't give a shit about anything beyond. The last piece of LOTRO world I have (and will ever have) seen is the Grey Mountains region. Apart from his obsession with huge scale (professed in several streams/talks he appeared in) I believe he was doing a good job. (Have no idea about the most recent additions.) As for translations (invention of Neo-Sindarin, Neo-Khuzdul etc. names), if you have the eyes and ears of a philologist with some linguistic affinity (like yours truly), you can notice an overall drop in quality and artistry after Berephon's tenure but not too much a dramatical shift. So it can be said that he was doing all right on that regard as well.

2) MoL. Writer. I had always appreciated his work as a story creator, simultaneously maintaining that he was an awful quest designer. Again up to the point I played LOTRO I believe to be correct on my both assessments. As a lead content developer, who is likely supposed to audit and where necessary direct the work of his subordinates though, he dramatically failed the past few years (Re: Forlong and the kids chains in MT, the Radagst giving Beornings shape-shifting ability bullshit etc; none made by MoL himself -per his statements on the OF- but all happened during his watch).

3) Vastin. Systems. The state of the stat redesigns, class revamps and itemization speaks for itself. I remember the late Aylwen marking him out as one of the mediocre developers on the original team. Apparently that wasn't too unfair an evaluation.

I remember Vastin saying he started out elsewhere, content?, before switching to systems. He might fail but it least he's trying, few others are bothering.

The "melting the players' PCs" referring to MT from Chris Pearson with zero intent to go back and fix anything.

MoL in a bubble and some how completely subservient.

But no sign of competence at the helm the most destructive for the game.

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

I remember Vastin saying he started out elsewhere, content?, before switching to systems. He might fail but it least he's trying, few others are bothering.

Yes, from content to systems.

8 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

The "melting the players' PCs" referring to MT from Chris Pearson with zero intent to go back and fix anything.

Wait, they admitted this was happening?

29 minutes ago, Smitty said:

MT was a complete cluster on the x86 client as it would force many systems that should have ran MT to bug check.  That city alone was reason enough for me to drop LotRO as I like to spend time poking around and exploring cities (if they're interesting) but MT kinda prevented that to happen.  I only got to see it for the first time once the x64 client was released, but as FFXIV Shadowbringers and WoW:Classic occurred right around that time, I really didn't get to spend all that much time in MT - that said, the zone was a complete cluster as it was pretty... but the quest structure didn't not have much playtesting done on it so it felt like it was almost completely engineered to waste as much time as possible.

Ballie gotta be Ballie:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676856-Disappointed-With-the-120-Valar-Weapon-Selections&p=7974546#post7974546

"SSG started selling the expansion before it even reached beta.

The big selling points were the valar that had not been finalised and no details on it were offered and an after the event bag.

They can do this because people just pay up whatever. Both were released in a sorry state. But you've already paid for them in a sorry state.

I could sell you my gold bucket for $10,000 and when you receive my tin bucket I'll say it's for keeping my gold in.

buyer beware..."

18 hours ago, Smitty said:

They were on devs interview thing, maybe an anniversary one, and all laughed. But why fix anything when is keeps many out of the MT Dailies and the A1 route for in-game SoEs.

I'm beginning to feel that SSG must think that Ballie is their only reliable source for what's actually going on in game atm. Most of us were banned for less!

And doing Cord's job to counter misconceptions all over the forums.

Nice one was the inference that devs could be deceived by manipulative players... it might sink in one day... 

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672055-Why-is-there-still-no-improvement-about-the-scrolls-issue-grind-SSG&p=7975292#post7975292

Wait... What!

Reading the bold line above was like getting hit in the head with a club. 5% bonus club bonus for being a Hobbit. Cause this one left a mark.

And before morning coffee. Three minutes later and I'm still bring to absorb this. Ten minutes now, and still, this is real? I see the words and am at a near complete loss to comprehend these implications being applied on a micro and macro scale. I am concluding for this moment, I am speechless.

2nd cup of coffee and I'm still scratching my head, but I'm not giving up, to wrap this up in some condensed form for mental digestion.

Last I knew, Cordovan was somewhere before Rohan. If such was the situation, then that means Cordovan skipped all of Rohan. Skipped all of Gondor. Skipped all of Minas Tirith. Skipped all of Ithilien. Skipped all of Mordor. Skipped all of Northern Mirkwood.

Skipped Mounted Combat. Skipped Epic Battles. Skipped every deed throughout all those areas. Skipped every daily in those same areas. Skipped half of the game and the Middle Earth map. Oh, and here is a big one. Skipped half of the Epic story. The story the whole game is based upon.

Well, that is unfortunate. It would have been a benefit for all concerned to have SSG see the game first hand in some real time scenario, so they could assess the multiple shortfalls and search to provide a means for repairing them. This includes the length and tedium incorporated into character progression. This now will not happen.

Ever!

I can't give my headspace anymore time for this.

SSG, Enjoy your game.

Sometimes WTF! doesn't come close to what needs to be said. After a few moments, to grasp what I read, I had a lot to say, but didn't. It sure as fuck wasn't because of fear of being banned. The care factor dropped into minus numbers. I can't say, I ever had that take place before, in my life. Period. Usually for me its just a 0 sum, which I view as neutral. This however fell into a bottomless pit of hearing fuck you's during the free fall.
I don't think this was Cordovan's decision. At least not in whole. That places the onus on that freaky fuck Severlin. (Let his ghost troll an empty game for all I care.) Though I quit LotRO and do not plan to return. Ever! It would have been a nice thought that eventually, at some point, there would be a reckoning. An awakened moment where these people at SSG would have to openly and honestly accept they inherited a shitshow and would be willing to confront this truth and set things on a path to be considered right, correct, and proper.
Having Cordovan Valar his main character is proof positive SSG will not accept their due destiny to endure all the bullshit they put all their customers through. Though willing participants, the players begrudgingly endured all their manipulations, they too deserve the fate they signed up for by continuing. In short there is no justice in Cordovan's actions choosing to use a Valar. No justice at all. Had I been him, I would have not agreed to do this, but instead created a new character with a Valar use to appease his freaky overlords. Thereby retaining the somewhat viewed as "original goal" which was to showcase LotRO by playing and leveling a character and using live streams as a Promotion as well as a connection to the customer. Play his main for fun and play the Valared for current content promotion.
SSG in every way is challenged averse. These fuckers always choose the path of least resistance, only to choose easiest path, even if it creates other problems. Putting themselves in some circular stupidity I can't comprehend.

Edit: I went back to the forum page I quoted and reread the quote I responded to. Which is this.
"Alas though, the CM has decided to bypass it and bring in a brand new Valared level 120 character"
This seems to be as stated a "brand" new character. Imo as I said above would be an acceptable choice to me, but here is the kicker. Will Cordovan still use and level his original character? I doubt this, but time will tell. Even so, I can't be dissuaded. I'll still not open up the launcher either way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Splay said:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672055-Why-is-there-still-no-improvement-about-the-scrolls-issue-grind-SSG&p=7975292#post7975292

(snip)
Last I knew, Cordovan was somewhere before Rohan. If such was the situation, then that means Cordovan skipped all of Rohan. Skipped all of Gondor. Skipped all of Minas Tirith. Skipped all of Ithilien. Skipped all of Mordor. Skipped all of Northern Mirkwood.

Skipped Mounted Combat. Skipped Epic Battles. Skipped every deed throughout all those areas. Skipped every daily in those same areas. Skipped half of the game and the Middle Earth map. Oh, and here is a big one. Skipped half of the Epic story. The story the whole game is based upon.
(snip)
Cordovan modelled the desired behaviour: valar and skip
Skip the time, skip the grind, skip the game
He did it without even pulling his wallet, which tells the audience: yes, it's that easy
Those who followed suit are now willing to buy lootboxes as well
WAI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Please God DF wont send him a screenshot of her skills UI and "rotation" on her champ like she did with the minstrel.

Glossary:

Min/Max: What DF can Achieve/Everyone else's potential

Theory Craft: Reading what your skills do.

Rotation: Placing red skills on a bar to mash, placing green skills on the bar to use when overwhelmed.

He must have realised, with Ballie's mastery of topics on the forums, how little DF knows compared to how much she professes to know. The revamped valar puts him in the well geared/spec category and the ex co-host wouldn't stand up to any comparison with fuck all resources to use against his unlimited LP. Come on we'd all move state to distance ourselves from her.  He's buying into a different part of the game to avoid her :)

Mac

12 hours ago, Tarantula said:
Cordovan modelled the desired behaviour: valar and skip
Skip the time, skip the grind, skip the game
He did it without even pulling his wallet, which tells the audience: yes, it's that easy
Those who followed suit are now willing to buy lootboxes as well
WAI

Someone on the OF is claiming that this was done in response to end-game players requests, and that Cord should be praised for "listening to the players" or some-such BS. 

• Like 1

I kind a want to do a video of how to play a yellow champ on landscape to give him some pointers but he ain't paying me...

He has copied the standard of zero cure and morale pots on his bar. With no clue about crafting professions, no horns on a 3m CD and a 10s stun. Mashing keys the standard Heaton inspired playstyle continues. Will he put Battle frenzy in there at slot 1 or 4? A fail if not on 1 to 6.

My theory is that whatever class some people choose they just move a few skills around on the bar and play every class the exact same way. Morons. Your can guess which 3 players I have in mind.

Mac

3 hours ago, warspeech said:

Someone on the OF is claiming that this was done in response to end-game players requests, and that Cord should be praised for "listening to the players" or some-such BS. 

But... End game raiders are such an insignificant percentile of LotRO gamers. 🙄 

Cordovan doesn't want to experience the current raid endgame. If he did he would choose Ark raiders and not the poodles on Landy, who call themselves the Landy raid community. If Cordovan really wanted to learn a class he go to the Moors. This is a PR stunt that happens to allow him to skip how bad the leveling process is and the included systems that get a player to end game. SSG won't admit fault and certainly won't show the world the evidence supporting how bad the grind is.

One post I read, said Cordovan was actually a good gamer. I did honestly burst out a laugh at reading that. If I still played, I'd find him on Landy and send a spar invite. I know he wouldn't accept but if by chance it wasn't already turned off,and he did accept, I'd defeat him in seconds. Then lollol rez him. I'd be like, stream that fucker.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

One post I read, said Cordovan was actually a good gamer. I did honestly burst out a laugh at reading that. If I still played, I'd find him on Landy and send a spar invite. I know he wouldn't accept but if by chance it wasn't already turned off,and he did accept, I'd defeat him in seconds. Then lollol rez him. I'd be like, stream that fucker.

Cordovan claims that he is part of a raiding kin on a personal account, and that his main character is a hunter (of course).

It's hard for me to reconcile that statement with his general cluelessness about the game and its mechanics demonstrated on his stream - from simple things like using the map or quest tracker to not knowing where settlements are located, to more advanced things like skill rotations and or building stats. I can only imagine that his attempts to build out an LI are going to be laughable (although, I guess that won't happen since he got 2 FA imbued LIs when the Valared his character).

Well to be fair, that was acctually due to player feedback. Some raiders and so called "end-game players" (still can't forget that expression) have been voicing their discontent that Cordovan just fiddles around at lower old areas and basically is towed along by some other player. Like a curling rock having the ice sweaped infront of them.

They wanted Cordovan to play end-game at LvL cap (not fiddle at lvl 60 or with festivals) to understand it and understand the feedback they give. Cordovan responded to that in one stream and said he would create and play a new race stout-axe in the new areas and use a Valar to get there. I mean it would take years leveling up the way he does 1 hour every week or so then he would never get there.

Yes there have even been videos posted on YouTube from raiders being excited that he would do that. Them hoping he would group with them and they would show him the istances, so he and SSG could get the point about the instances and balance. Maybe how faceroll it is in their opinion etc (only guessing, as I have no idea what goes around in anyone elses mind and what they want to show him ???). They even mention him going to use the new Valar to get closer to end-game.

So this one is acctually simply a response to and following the will of some players. So it's kind of damned if You do, damned if You don't. By following the will of some players, he is now apparently upsetting some others, as I read it here now. Not an easy place to be, caught between a rock and hard place.

Here is one such video, so You don't think I make this up.

YouTube Link: Lotro Cord Going To Play End Game Player FeedBack Heard

If it will ever come to that point where the raiders will group up with Cordovan so they can show him their game and the way they want things changed remains to be seen. I think they have put way too much hype into this, expecting way too much, but we will see.

That above post is from here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672055-Why-is-there-still-no-improvement-about-the-scrolls-issue-grind-SSG/page22

He Valared (what a word) a stoutaxe dwarf, still has his other character.

The Black Friday sales are announced:

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lord-rings-online-black-friday-deals

Scroll down to see the "Limited Release" item catch-up boxes for your legendary item. 

And the reaction thread here:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677035-Pay-to-Win-fix-for-the-grind-has-arrived&p=7976335#post7976335

75% off the Ironfold tier. Literally they killed that tier by having everything tied to a the anvil raid drop that no one is running atm. Well damaged goods. The great crafting kill off, not revamp!

Mac

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677037-The-Curator-has-returned-from-Vacation

"This Dummy?-- WAY useful!!! Sending a fortune in puppy-huggles to whoever thought it up!"

vomit.PNG

Disturbing that players respond like this. I know, it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Just struck me. Just as it strikes me that players continue to expand on their excuses to give SSG money despite being disappointed.

I saw one person write 'as long as we can continue to play'.

Paiz was right.

• Like 1

Watching to see if the Curator philosophy gets expanded to other barter type exchanges in the future.

I read the post with the mention of Puppy-Huggles and noted the Post Script added at the bottom of their post.

I so want to make a post asking if their puppy fetish is attributed and enhanced by meds. Also to look for a meme of a person strangling a puppy to death with hugs.

On the subject of the Task wallet thinger. It kind of amazes me that all these players praising it haven't noticed that the higher priced LP sale includes a medium version. This implies a large version in the future. I also imagine all the addicted players still call the Double LP Bonus as a double point sale. Completely passing by them it isn't a double LP sale. It's possible in their minds these sales have been around long enough they no longer make the distinction between two very different amounts and how they are recognized. If this is the general case, someone at SSG gets a win there. LotRO players can't math. :F

I sure would like to see the data on who, why, what, and how much players spend. Also to see how the data changes an SSG broadens their manipulative shenanigans. Somebody in their marketing understands how to prey on addiction. That's too bad really. They could be marketing to bring in new players with a more honest approach. Instead they've chosen to prey on their existing player base. I guess it is easy to abuse your family than to find strangers who will endure the same abuse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That ILI revamp SSG has been promising?

Plot twist: The "catch-up" ILI boxes and pay-to-buy ILI packages *are* the revamp. Say no to grind.™ There is literally no way in Halls of Mandos any existing implementation will be altered after such thorough monetization, unless replaced with another method of monetization. Just waiting to see how they spin it, but I'm sure they keep Jeff Libby on their payroll for more than soapy quest storylines.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wrath of Winter said:

That ILI revamp SSG has been promising?

Plot twist: The "catch-up" ILI boxes and pay-to-buy ILI packages *are* the revamp. Say no to grind.™ There is literally no way in Halls of Mandos any existing implementation will be altered after such thorough monetization, unless replaced with another method of monetization. Just waiting to see how they spin it, but I'm sure they keep Jeff Libby on their payroll for more than soapy quest storylines.

Its listed as a "possible reward" in the Gold Hobbit present box now too. And of course this is the solution, especially after MoL asked for feedback on what people's dream scenario would be to fix ILIs, but started it off by saying that scrapping the system entirely was off the table.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule

More monetization gimmicks. The Hobbit presents and the slot machine rng Yule rewards in it.

There is always that one person. OH! Wait! This one has two.

The first being our own Funberry. Who just keeps saying in every complaint thread. "I like this" , "It is what it is" All the while licking SSG's nuts no matter the flavor. Dude I'm starting to think you huff glue.

The second being SharlaSedai. I dislike her about as much as DJ. I ask for it, but Sharla is why my old account accrued so many infractions in one month. Once the account was banned, I trolled this canker sore for months in game and she had no clue I was doing just that. I knew quite a lot about her and told her all the things she wanted to hear. When she finally swooned from all my courting advances, I dropped her like a rock off a cliff. Ya I'm a dick like that. What can I say? She needed to get off her fuckin horse.

Here she is going ape shit on the forums about peoples ingratitude.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980113#post7980113

I still don't understand how people can get so worked up over the stupid Hobbit presents. No one forces anyone to use Mithril to roll additional times; if you do, it's purely your choice. You don't even have to spend real money to do it since you can buy Mithril Coins from Lotro Points earned by doing deeds.

Why is it that no one holds the individual responsible for their own actions anymore? Everyone has to mamsy pamsy around and restrict other people's fun just because a few people can't control their own weaknesses. If you really get that wound up about a Hobbit gift present and just HAVE to keep rolling the dice, you have bigger problems than Lotro created. You have a full blown gambling addiction and that's NOT SSG's fault. Most Lotro players roll their once a day/week presents and go on with their game. Why do we have to restrict ourselves because of other people's inability to control themselves? mad.png Getting really tired of this whole idea. Tired of babies who have to be "protected" from anything bad happening to them, even if it comes from their own poor life choices. Now flame me, I don't care.

Another post later on where I've pulled a slice of the larger post by Sharla.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980269#post7980269

You all say: NO, we would be more than willing to go FEST for it if we could buy them with festival tokens!!! mad.png

So, you're mad that you can CHOOSE to spend ONE type of virtual currency (Mithril Coins) that you can earn IN GAME (via Lotro Points) to get these items, but would NOT be mad if you had to spend ANOTHER type of virtual currency (festival tokens) that's earned IN GAME (via festival quests) to get these items? Sorry, but the logic here escapes me.

More slices along the same insanity trail from Sharla.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980329#post7980329

Again, gambling addiction is a PERSONAL problem. If you suffer from it, then get help. Don't force others change something just because YOU personally can't control your addiction. As I have said before, you make the choice whether or not to roll that dice again on the hobbit gifts. If you're that addicted to it, then you need help. Seriously.

At this point Sharla has all her pistons spewing diesel fumes. I arrive, read the thread and when I see her posting. I could not resist. d;)b

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980353#post7980353

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
Why is it that no one holds the individual responsible for their own actions anymore?

Considering Corporate personhood rights are so heavily relied upon in today's business world when it benefits them. Although, when there is a negative result, the "person" falls back on business law. Threads like these are expecting the person to be responsible and accountable. In this case the person is SSG.

If you can't understand accountability in its totality and it various forms, then I see your post as 100% nonsense. In itself as a flame which only serve to be counterproductive.

Well, this post is growing long, I'll try to condense while exposing the moment I burst out laughing so hard I woke up the house. My dog started howling and that's a first. 🐶

Sharla below

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980364#post7980364

Well, TBH I find all of your posts to be nonsense, so I guess we're equal in that.

Now it gets interesting and being my sight is clear. I know why I'm posting.

Well, you did start off with this line.

I still don't understand how people can get so worked up over the stupid Hobbit presents.

Then follow by this later.

Again, gambling addiction is a PERSONAL problem.

Well, TBH I find all of your posts to be nonsense, so I guess we're equal in that.

So,if you are unwilling or unable to understand that addiction is founded on two parts, which is the enabler and the addict, then is nothing anyone can do to help you with your first statement. Thus my inclusion about how your view is incomplete and that all parties play a role and responsibility isn't solely placed on the consumer.

All these people generally want is consistency in a reliable way where they can make a choice. This being, earning rewards and or outright spending money on chance. Not the unpredictable intermingling combined in a million ways. Then you pop up and berate everyone like you have the moral high ground. What ever there is about this topic which opened up your fury might need some address.

Here it comes. Unrestrained, unrehearsed Sharla at her best.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980399#post7980399

What has really fried my meat over this issue is that all this is is EXTRA stuff being given in the hobbit presents. It's not the new festival steed or new cosmetic outfits or new Yule pets. Those are all still at the Yule fest where they are every year ready for anyone who wants to get it. This is just EXTRA. But instead of being grateful for something EXTRA, everyone has to get all mad. If they hadn't offered it, no one would have even known about it and would have happily went off to the Yule fest to get their Ice Flower steed/cosmetics/pets. But because SSG had the unmitigated GALL to dare to give something EXTRA out in the hobbit gifts, they deserve to be drawn and quartered. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they never give anything special out in the hobbit gifts again. I know I wouldn't. If I gave someone something special and they were as ungrateful as most of these people are, I would take it back and never give them anything again.

I don't like ingratitude. That's what makes me mad. SSG didn't have to give us anything more in the hobbit gifts this Yule. They didn't need to add anything to it, but they did, and some nice stuff too. But rather than say "Hey, thanks, SSG!! I got a new rug/pet/mount/whatever! That's really cool!" everyone's got to have an attitude about it. The whole attitude of this thread just reeks of entitlement. It's just sooo incredibly rude.

Wait and indulge me just a moment further. Sharla nearly tops the previous post with this.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980423#post7980423

You know what? I hope SSG stops doing anything extra for us. It's not appreciated anyways. Could it possibly be that they were simply trying to give us a little something special during the Yule season? No, of course not; it HAS to be a nefarious motive on SSG's part. I mean, they COULD have just continued to give us the usual pots/scrolls/silly stuff we USUALLY get from the Hobbit presents, but they just had to be rear ends and actually give us housing décor, mounts, and pets. What horrible people. I'm done. I can't actually imagine living with some of you. Nothing anyone does for you is good enough for you. Should have been more, better, greater somehow.

Here comes the hammer and spike. By a name we know here and on the OF.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980431#post7980431

I don't like ingratitude. That's what makes me mad. SSG didn't have to give us anything more in the hobbit gifts this Yule. They didn't need to add anything to it, but they did, and some nice stuff too. But rather than say "Hey, thanks, SSG!! I got a new rug/pet/mount/whatever! That's really cool!" everyone's got to have an attitude about it. The whole attitude of this thread just reeks of entitlement. It's just sooo incredibly rude.

You are being manipulated and gaslighted by a for-profit business venture, but the highest irony of all is... you are the addict. I'm very sorry.

Let's remember some wise words:

addiction is a PERSONAL problem. If you suffer from it, then get help. Don't force others change something just because YOU personally can't control your addiction.

So, why are you forcing others to change when you can't control your addiction? I was about to ask if you realize all this criticism is coming from players who *refuse* to be addicts, but that point would sail right by.

Now, I don't know you but I am genuinely concerned for your well-being. In the spirit of Yule, I sincerely encourage you to seek support of family and friends, instead of this emotional co-dependence on a for-profit business company as if they are your charity.

Game addiction is a serious issue. These anger outbreaks at anyone who criticizes your enabler, point to how serious it has become. Please, take your own advice.

Now the spike has been buried, Sharla screams the likes to rival Morgoth.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980443#post7980443

What are you even talking about?! I haven't bought a single Hobbit gift with MC and I never do more than the once a day hobbit gift; what in the world are you talking about "my addiction?" Addiction to what? Just because I'm thankful that SSG didn't keep the same old boring Hobbit gifts, I'm somehow addicted to the game? If a person isn't an SSG basher, they are somehow "enabled" by SSG? Are you crazy? OMG. Just....this is too much. I have criticized SSG several times, so no, I don't have "anger outbreaks at anyone who criticizes my Enabler." OMG. You all are ridiculous.

I don't think that could have been planned and worked to this outcome had I tried. Sharla the SSGfangirl  loses her shit and is doing one of two things. 1. Spending the remainder of her evening flagging post to Cordovan. 2. Taking her frustrations out on someone in her life. In either case I couldn't give a shit. Karma's a bitch.

The assist came at the perfect moment but in truth it might have been more a collaboration than anything else. 😀