LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Just Another Day in Monetezation

But wait!  There's more...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677294-Time-limted-pets-during-Yule&p=7980521#post7980521

"After some reflection, I have come to the conclusion that I may have taken this too far. Now, this is NOT an apology; I still stand for everything I said yesterday. No, how I took it too far is that usually on these types of threads, I will state my position reasonably and logically and if it continues, I simply laugh at the ridiculousness of it all and go on my way. Yesterday, I allowed myself to be pulled into a debate that was unmerited of my attention. Honestly, I would say it was like reasoning with a stone wall, but I suspect a stone wall would be more willing to listen to an opposing point of view.

So. I've come to the conclusion that you all can sit over here in the corner, being grumpy and mopey, while my Hobbit lass jingles by merrily on her reindeer steed, with his festive red saddle blanket embroidered with green holly leaves. And when she gets off her festive reindeer mount, she has her cute piggie pet, with his adorable little wagon filled with presents and good cheer, following her around and making his happy little snuffles and grunt-y noises. She'll decorate her hobbit hole for Yule with her green holly wreath trimmed with a big, red bow, and when spring comes to the Shirelands, she'll put her birdhouse out in the yard, sit on the porch of her hobbit hole, listen to the birds and smoke her pipeweed. smile.png

To those of you who so vehemently oppose this, though I wouldn't know whether you did or not (or care, actually), I can only say one thing; just know that if you dare to take advantage of any of these extra hobbit gifts, you're one of the world's biggest hypocrites. Oh, you can still get your daily pots/scrolls/whatever, that's fine, but if one of these special things comes up for you and you don't destroy it, you're just hypocritical, pure and simple. No need to virtue signal back at me about how you don't/wouldn't anyways; I honestly don't care. rolleyes.png

(I actually brought this thread up in WC on my server (Don't worry; I was careful to present all of your main arguments; how you feel it will encourage gambling and that SSG is only doing this for the money), just to get a sample testing of how the majority of players feel about it, and out of the 10-12 people who engaged in the conversation, only ONE took the point of view of the majority of you on this thread. The rest laughed and agreed with me that the hobbit presents are awesome and that this thread's PoV is ridiculous.)

So, all this being said, I will take back ONE thing I said yesterday: SSG, I hope you DO continue to do this sort of thing. I LOVE the hobbit gifts and want you to know I appreciate them. I hope you realize that, even though they may scream the loudest, it's the same, small group of people on ALL of these SSG-bashing threads, and that they do NOT represent the majority of Lotro players. So, Happy Yule, SSG, and thanks for the presents. "

🤢

@ Splay - Yup the I'm ok with it so everyone should be too. That it's just another inducement to get players to make another pull if they haven't been so lucky, beyond her. Listing what she may have got out of the these extras just being the poster girl for the envious numpties who will dump MC on them.

As for ILIs, MoL distances himself from every failing part of the game but asks for opinions from whoever is left posting on the forums now, hardly the brain trust given the zealous moderation of Heaton and Co.

Deception is too ingrained at SSG. 

Mac

25 minutes ago, warspeech said:

But wait!  There's more...

I read the post you linked minutes after she posted it.

Translation: I can't admit error judgments even when they are pointed out. I'm a LotRO addict in denial and to prove I'm not, I went and talked to my other LotRO addicted friends. They confirmed I am not a LotRO addict. I'm really pissed all these sane people are angry and if they get their way this will limit access to my fixation.

I didn't want to name anyone here specifically because I know lurkers read this stuff. Also I know not all of them lurk with intent to maintain a separation between the two sites. Really to do the opposite. It's like all the LotRO fanatics in the games other media's have only their interest to keep LotRO and all of its extremities under their moderation modicum's. Knowing other views prevail in places not under their yoke is blasphemy and must be eliminated at all cost.

It is the grace of this sites owner and the moderation I can make such a post like this one about Sharla. My content and context may not be what and why this site exist and I'm not asking for confirmation or acceptance of my content. Here is why. This site has long been an island where free thoughts about LotRO can be made and read. Free thoughts about LotRO's direction and a place where those who have had their voice silenced by Turbine and now SSG to continue free expression. Sharla could come here and argue her points of view and have the same security to do so as others have for the many years this site has been around. Would she? Highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Macdui101 said:

@ Splay - Yup the I'm ok with it so everyone should be too. That it's just another inducement to get players to make another pull if they haven't been so lucky, beyond her. Listing what she may have got out of the these extras just being the poster girl for the envious numpties who will dump MC on them.

As for ILIs, MoL distances himself from every failing part of the game but asks for opinions from whoever is left posting on the forums now, hardly the brain trust given the zealous moderation of Heaton and Co.

Deception is too ingrained at SSG. 

Ya she uses Mithril and a bunch. I had Sharla in mind when I wrote this.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?674040-Summer-s-already-over-(Festival-extension-encore-)&p=7945905#post7945905

As the last rays of sun before twilight near, the festival rides off into the horizon. Just before the festival's last glimpse, the band sounds off with a rapid cadence and the chior shouts in time.

But we want more! Lots and lots of more!
We want horsies! Lots and lots of horsies!
We want shinies! Lots and lots of shinies!
We want ice cream and cake! Much as we can partake!

The pace quickens and the voices trumpet.

We want Hobbits! Lots and lots of Hobbits!
To spit on them cool droplets!
We want kites! More pets too! We likes!
We want somethin! To keep our heart a thumpin!

The festival on his summer's night steed rounds a small hillock, takes his hat off and says, Whew! You'd think those people could give a guy a break.

Too much is never enough and that is why Sharla got all pissy in the thread. And obviously too dumb to see the deception.