LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Black Friday Sale (and New Item)

SSG has a new item - the Task Item Carry-All. It comes in small (10 slots) and a medium (25 slots). Each slot can contain a stack of 2,000 task items. They are not available in the store (yet), but are a "bonus" for buying LOTRO Points.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/lord-rings-online-black-friday-deals

Lord of the Rings Online Black Friday Deals!
Check out these deals, available now through Monday December 2nd, 2019:

Introducing Double Bonus Points Plus!
Get a special bonus item for each bundle you purchase, details below*:

• 500+200 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
  • 1250+700 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
  • 2200+1900 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
  • 3750+5100 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all
  • 6250+9500 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all
  • 12500+21000 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all

The small task item carry-all will carry 10 unique task items that allow for them to stack up to 2000.

The medium task item carry-all will carry 25 task items that allow for them to stack up to 2000.

These carry-alls are bound to account.

If you purchased points from the character log in screen the bonus item will be delivered to your most recently logged in character.

LOTRO Market Sales!
50% off select items in the LOTRO Market!

• Special LOTRO Store Discounts!
  • 35% off ALL account wide mounts!
  • 50% off Skill and Slayer Deed Boosts x25!
  • 75% off Ironfold Crafting!

Limited Release Items! 

New Item: Catch-up Boxes for your Legendary Items!

In this box you will find the following:

• 100 Single-tier increase Catch-up Scrolls of Empowerment*
  • 10 Five-tier increase Catch-up Scrolls of Empowerment
  • 5 Ten-tier increase Catch-up Scrolls of Empowerment
  • 25 Catch-up Star-lit Crystals*
  • 10 Elegant Heritage Runes of Legend. These will grant item experience points.*

*These items can be applied to any Legendary Item.

For Non-Imbued Legendary Items

You can use the Catch-up Star-Lit Crystals or Single-tier Catch-up Scrolls of Empowerment the same way you use Star-lit Crystals and Scrolls of Empowerment. Five-tier and Ten-tier Catch-up Scrolls cannot be used on Non-Imbued Legendary Items.

For Imbued Legendary Items:

The Catch-up Scrolls of Empowerment will function on any Legacy, other than your DPS Legacy, and will increment your Legacies just as other Scrolls of Empowerment do with one exception: You cannot use a Catch-up scroll on an item if it would bring the Legacy unlocks to within 10 Tiers of the current cap. For example, if a legacy is only 14 tiers away from the cap, you will not be able to use the five-tier or ten-tier increase Catch-up scrolls on that legacy.

The Catch-up Star-lit Crystals will function on the main Legacy of your item, including DPS, Tactical Damage, and Tactical Healing Legacies. These Crystals increment your main Legacy just like Star-lit Crystals, with the exception that they cannot be applied to an item if it would bring the main Legacy unlocks to within 5 Tiers of the current cap.

Bombur’s Bounty is Back!

Get lots of Mithril Coins, Craft boosts, and more!

10 Key Bundle is Back!

Limited Event!
The Curator is back and available through December 2nd. The Curator also has a new housing item, the training dummy available for barter.

*For players in the UK, the following points bundles values apply:

450+300 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
1350+1000 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
2250+2200 points bundle: Small Task Item carry-all
3600+5400 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all
7200+11600 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all
13500+24000 points bundle: Medium Task Item carry-all

And look at that blatant new troll account working overtime to bait for replies. I wonder how many people will fall for it.

3 hours ago, Doro said:

And look at that blatant new troll account working overtime to bait for replies. I wonder how many people will fall for it.

Ballie has received a permanent ban for trolling. I didn't get it archived sadly. :(  Just Ballie being Ballie.

"Shambolic way to run (down) a game"

A question about LinkedIn crashing might have tipped the balance, post has been removed.  

On a happier note they might be moving to a new OF next years and we can all sign up with multiple registrations not linked to game accounts. :)

12 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

Ballie has received a permanent ban for trolling. I didn't get it archived sadly. :(  Just Ballie being Ballie.

"Shambolic way to run (down) a game"

A question about LinkedIn crashing might have tipped the balance, post has been removed.  

On a happier note they might be moving to a new OF next years and we can all sign up with multiple registrations not linked to game accounts. :)

It will be a funny parade of shenanigans if they ever transfer to a different web host. All those previous banned forum accounts become ready and able for trolling.

On another note. It occurred to me why the transfer option is disabled. It was shortly after their servers were worked on, changed, or switched (Who can tell what SSG  actuallt did at that time is anyone's guess) that the transfer window disappeared. What I realized today is, SSG may have lost or intentionally deleted all the data from the old existing closed servers. I still had a 65 Burg on Vilya and a few stragglers across other older closed servers. If they did something to essentially void all that character data that would be inappropriate in my opinion. Just a thought seeing how there has been no word and I'm still seeing players ask about it.

This Black Friday thing is laughable on a few levels. It seems some people are barking louder than usual but I bet they will still be logging on to LotRO regardless.

Lord of the Rings Online is becoming an expensive game to play these days.

1 hour ago, Macdui101 said:

I know you read this forum Ballie, come over and join the throng already 😸

30 minutes ago, Splay said:

This Black Friday thing is laughable on a few levels. It seems some people are barking louder than usual but I bet they will still be logging on to LotRO regardless.

I honestly feel for some of those who remain, clinging to self validation, unable or unwilling to face and defeat custom and obsession; not least because I see my not too distant past self in them.

It works in a curiously similar manner to addiction apparently: I brought in a close RL friend a couple years ago. Naturally he joined my kin and I helped him -briefly- with the ropes. Before long we were having fun together in the older areas and it took him not too many months to hit Central Gondor clearing every single quest, deed etc. in every region he passed.

Then they fucked with the main stat contributions.

His toon was a Cappy without an imbued shit, which, with already miserable base DPS, was rendered tedious down to the level of 18.2 Guard or maybe worse. Despite being enamored in the first day with the world building and quite a bit of the story (he never got to the fanboy level, being a writer himself and ever retaining a critical view) he unsubbed and uninstalled never to go back again. It took me nearly a year to follow suit after 7 years of custom and obsession.

I still get a flinch to go back "just as a non-sub, to play only the earlier areas, promise my preciouss" but no sir! I have more of Master Gamgee in me that that :)

ADDED:

Noticed I forgot to make the point and got lost in the story which was meant to be an example for the point... My friend played only about a year, maybe a little more. When he saw he, as a customer, was being fucked with, he could immediately bite the bullet and call it quits. The more time we spent the deeper the addiction so it took me months to finally give up and many have yet to manage it. Hence the similarity to addiction.

And yet for all their bitching over on the OF...they will still be logging in, playing the game and giving SSG money.

tenor.gif

If they released this combined with a reliable way to get those catch-up items ingame, it wouldn't be that bad; But they just never learn...

8 minutes ago, Thrabath said:

If they released this combined with a reliable way to get those catch-up items ingame, it wouldn't be that bad; But they just never learn...

They do learn, they learn that suckers will keep paying for this abuse. Quite brilliant actually

15 hours ago, Doro said:

I think we are seeing some forum RP going on here. RP as in forum persona's attempting to continually express their views but using different forums accounts hoping an association will not be discovered. Some people aren't as good as others because they leave tale tell signature habits that cross their multi-forum identities. Jokor, Mukor, Elmagor all have similar errors in spelling, sentence structure, and approaches based on their overall view of LotRO. I also notice when one posts the others are absent.

Since I know longer play LotRO, I can show how a forum user can use multiple forum persona and never be discovered.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?664980-Investigative-Research-Services-has-deemed-the-following-actions-appropriate-for-implementation

I am Mister_IRS_Agent. I am not all that great at using multiple forum persona and in review I do see some mistakes. Clues to the observant person would give my endeavor away. I did post in the last pages on Sapienze but purely for amusement. In retrospect, I should not have done so. Mainly because at the beginning my intent was for another kind of amusement based on an objective standing not associated in anyway with any player. Even myself. Essentially I wasn't going to engage Snowlock with Mister_IRS_Agent on any level outside of objectivity. In that, I found myself trailing away from my original premise. Which was to layout a plan for future PvMP and stay away from the usual back and forth forum shit talking. Oh ya. I forgot. If anyone reads the thread, see if you can find the bitch slap I gave SSG. :D

I don't feel outing myself needs proof, but it could easily be proven by adding the same avatar from these forums to Mister_IRS_Agent's forum account.

Small Task Item carry-all
Medium Task Item carry-all

vs

Small/Medium/Large crafting carry-all

Players are now confused because they don't read carefully. They expect crafting carry-alls when they buy points during this sale.

After buying MM, one player expected one crafting carry-all on each server she plays on.

Others expect that every character on one server gets a task item carry-all after they make a points purchase.

I think they don't understand that they will be able to buy more carry-alls, of either kind, in the store soon.

But what I find most peculiar: why does no one mention that it's free to make an f2p account and use those characters as mules?

1 hour ago, Tarantula said:

I think they don't understand that they will be able to buy more carry-alls, of either kind, in the store soon.

The task carry-alls are a bonus for every LP purchase.

So, if you want one on Landy, buy points and log into a toon there; if you want one on Ark, buy more points and log into a toon there.

1 hour ago, Talisman said:

The task carry-alls are a bonus for every LP purchase.

So, if you want one on Landy, buy points and log into a toon there; if you want one on Ark, buy more points and log into a toon there.

Do you see that as a positive thing? Because I don't.

It's exactly the response I expect from SSG.

WAI

I have to admit it's a very curious turn this item is now behind a pay wall of real money, I wonder if in time they will add more items/services for real money only.

Players in LotRO see the game as F2P or VIP. They still don't see it as it is. Pay to play. Every suggestion in this last year that SSG has seized upon becomes a pay item. Each time they choose a different path to offer the carrot. Each change they make to a system enables the pay to play scheme. Maybe at some point players will get wise and quit asking for things. Though there is always some dumbass who says to SSG, shut up and take my money.

After a quick history review from memory, it looks like a market goal for SSG is to get every player to spend $100 a month.  I insure 3 vehicles for a similar amount and one is a 2019. Put it in that perspective shows me I'll never say shut up and take my money. I have better things to use it on.

I have a f2p char in the craft hall I just login to and pass mats over to my newly guilded wood worker. Simples.

As a means to getting these new carry fuck-alls why would you spend the cash on anything but the minimum value one for the type you are after? The muppets weighing up the need for points to fix their hopeless characters or the extra slots to put their worthless crap in, might bring on a stroke. 

It's all fucked up, pure extortion.  Everywhere it's about creating an issue to sell you the fix. Poking you in the eye and selling you eye drops that do fuck-all anyway.

The official streamer struggle at the best of times to keep on message this step might be beyond all but a few really pathologically deluded "victims". Are they going to spend $100 a month for the pennies returned for streaming? They very well may be just that fucked up.

It wouldn't surprise me if RedPanda has gotten systems to rig up a Ka-Ching with every store purchase. The Pavlov's dog theory at work, forgetting the dead game in the Schrodinger's box he refuses to looked inside. If only he'd just buy a Black Steel Key to open it.

I'm not totally against selling this sort of thing in the market it's just that they have to fuck up the game every time to add some incentive. With the morons they have brought into the game they can't be subtle for them to understand, it all has in your face obvious for them to realise, the store can fix everything. 

Mac 

It looks like these task bags are equally useless. All the vendor trash that doesn't have a task associated with them get swallowed up in them too and you have to manually extract the items to hand in. Money for tattered old rope.

SSG laughing all the way to the bank. 

I've just noticed that the development cycle thread has been responded to by Cordovan.

Months ago I'd posted that is bore no resemblance to how to was now with everything about the store and lootboxes.

All Cordoban managed was:-

/necro

Yup, confirming that this is far from the current methodology. Failed to unsticky it though, the moron.

6 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

I've just noticed that the development cycle thread has been responded to by Cordovan.

Months ago I'd posted that is bore no resemblance to how to was now with everything about the store and lootboxes.

All Cordoban managed was:-

/necro

Yup, confirming that this is far from the current methodology. Failed to unsticky it though, the moron.

I saw DrOctothorpe's thread was locked. Due to who the OP is might have as much as anything to why it got a necro and lock. The previous necro was to a thread that showed old maps from MEO. I don't think the map links worked anymore but lollol  NECRO!

I noticed Cordovan is more likely to necro a thread that doesn't represent SSG in a good light vs just doing a necro on any old thread. In the past year I've seen threads come back from more than two years ago to become active with no notice and yet others can arise only to be locked in a day or so.

It might be worth a thread to list them as they get locked. "Cordovan's Necro Thread" then a ready viewed record to monitor consistency.

massively OP has an article on the catch-up item:

https://massivelyop.com/2019/11/29/lotro-players-denounce-50-legendary-item-catch-up-sale/

14 hours ago, berry said:

I have to admit it's a very curious turn this item is now behind a pay wall of real money, I wonder if in time they will add more items/services for real money only.

we all already know the answer to that, don't we?

Some people are ok with paying that amount of money, but what they don't understand it drives people away from the game which is not healthy for any game.