LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Splay

SSG hates LotRO PvMP and its PvPers.

Edit: Several minutes after I made this thread, the OP removed their last post, which I have copied here. I see they had enough sense to remove it and not give SSG the easy out they usual get from frustrated players committing infractions due to their overzealous attachment to this game's PvP.

For eight years near to nothing in regards to PvMP and pvp balance. Actual thousands ask about its development throughout those eight years. Other than Osgiliath, which none ask for or wanted, the most thats happened was stances and stat adjustments. A few tweeks which mostly amounted to nerfs due to Freep complaints.

This thread below is unprecedented in my 12 years I spent playing LotRO. A thread with 5 pages of unity requesting SSG fix PvMP. I suspect will now be locked by tomorrows end.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?677066-Official-Players-who-demands-a-serious-work-from-SSG-on-PvMP

Again another thread which could have been titled differently, but still the unity in the thread speaks volumes.

Hello everyone, as all of us can notice, there's never a staff response in order to PvMP ideas, suggestions or even asking a simple interest from the company in this part of the game.

The purposal from this thread is not to give ideas or suggestions, the purposal of ths thread is to show Standing Stone Games and their Staff the large amount of players who demands work on LotRO PvMP.

This way I want to invite everyone who wants PvMP being developed as it deserves to sign this thread, perhaps, if we are loud enough, SSG will finally listen to us, give us the replies we need, and interact with their players, it's not time to stay quiet giving ideas who are going to get ignored for years, it's time tofight for our PvMP.

And I also think it's worth a minute if by this way we can make anything change, this is not a fight because we all must be together, we all must claim a decent PvMP and a responsible reaction from the company we all are or were paying for this game.

LotRO PvMP is a concept who involves two factions, Free Peoples and Monster Players. We fight at the grounds but it's time to stand together and try to make those blue names notice it's not a matter of a minority. Let's make them see the number of players we are wanting, because i know the number is very high.

Said that, I am the first to sign this demand.

Thanks in advance.

Yuzuriha from Evernight.

Last page is the OP showing a warning from Cordovan. Though it doesn't list the infraction, it will now get locked.

NpDmtY1.png

All the time wasted scratching over my threads for this... Would be better dedicated in a reply to the 106 persons, until this moment who are asking the company to read us, tell us things, anything!!

What's next? Ban? That will just show with more force all mentioned things. The ball is on your roof now.

PS: Thanks

/re-signed .. of course
Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Yesterday at 11:31 PM.

That's too bad really. Rather depressing how SSG prods along ignoring PvMP while those who PvP beg them to fix it. In reflection at a later time, I'll probably see this thread as PvMP's last stand. :(

Knowledge is power. SSG seem devoid of any game knowledge so literally any cogent post could be seen as a troll post and the dumbest of people in some undeserved position of authority will fight with the only tool they have. CM has no passion for the game so doesn't understand the passions of it's players. He has no sense of community because he's not one of us.

He's just an ignorant bully, likely a victim in youth, getting off on the arse lickers that maintain the semblance of ego that remains after spinning SSG deceptions for years.

Mac 

No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.  The price of admission for pvp was too steep to really interest a ton of people, even at its peak.  They should have made pvp entirely separate, meaning another faction of freeps built like creeps.  The other option would have been to create pvp servers where people were allowed to beat on each other.  They didn't do either of those things, hence pvp withered on the vine.  It's too late now, and there aren't enough people playing their regular game, let alone pvp, to warrant spending any time or energy.  

It's pretty obvious from the direction they've been taking this game, if pvp had been a big cash cow, they would have supported it much more.

Wait, no one asked for Osgiliath?

I seem to remember a lot of requests for another PvP map. Osgiliath failed because it was so poorly designed and offered no real incentives.

19 hours ago, Amenhir said:

No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.  The price of admission for pvp was too steep to really interest a ton of people, even at its peak.  They should have made pvp entirely separate, meaning another faction of freeps built like creeps.  The other option would have been to create pvp servers where people were allowed to beat on each other.  They didn't do either of those things, hence pvp withered on the vine.  It's too late now, and there aren't enough people playing their regular game, let alone pvp, to warrant spending any time or energy.  

It's pretty obvious from the direction they've been taking this game, if pvp had been a big cash cow, they would have supported it much more.

There is this old site. https://surugi.com/lotrostats/index.php?server=All&week=&year=2012&rank=3

I don't know how the totals are accumulated but seeing a 2012 total for rank 3 and higher of 140k player characters who entered the Moors is a far bit more than a ton.

8 hours ago, Talisman said:

Wait, no one asked for Osgiliath?

I seem to remember a lot of requests for another PvP map. Osgiliath failed because it was so poorly designed and offered no real incentives.

I went back through the forums looking for Osgilaith pvp and found little support for the idea pre existing the zone. The earliest I found was dated for 2012 and that was only a "What if" scenario. There was a Producer letter listing Osgiliath zone including a pvp zone but the link didn't work located from past Dev Diary's. No threads which went beyond a page or two until it was released and those are suggestion changes or complaint thread for the shitty zone we have today.

I searched the Dev Diary section and found this while milling around. https://twitter.com/sera_brennan

Now my brain is damaged. :?

44 minutes ago, Splay said:

I went back through the forums looking for Osgilaith pvp and found little support for the idea pre existing the zone. The earliest I found was dated for 2012 and that was only a "What if" scenario. There was a Producer letter listing Osgiliath zone including a pvp zone but the link didn't work located from past Dev Diary's. No threads which went beyond a page or two until it was released and those are suggestion changes or complaint thread for the shitty zone we have today.

I searched the Dev Diary section and found this while milling around. https://twitter.com/sera_brennan

Now my brain is damaged. :?

No - I didn't mean that there was a specific request for Osgiliath, but there were multiple requests for some kind of new PvP zone. I know that creeps often requested that Forochel be opened to PvP, for example.