LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Issues with site

Not sure where else to post this, but I have a couple of issues with the site:

1) If I click on the Mark site read link, topics immediately get marked as read, but then the site refreshes and the topics are no longer marked as read (they reappear in bolded state).

2) Periodically, the site seems to refresh, and topics I marked as read return as unread. For example, today, the I had dream about LOTROSSG hates LotRO PvMP and its PvPersBlack Friday Sale (and New Item), and Such impudence... threads returned to their unread, bolded state, despite there being no new replies since the last time I visited the site last night.

I've shifted it to suggestions, which looks like the right place.

I'm not getting those problems myself. Have you tried the usual stuff, like cookie/cache clearing? And does it happen the same on a different browser or different machine (if possible)?

I use Chrome, and have cleared cookies and cache, but it usually doesn't help - everything ends up getting marked as unread, and starts the cycle all over again.

I have other browsers installed, but don't use them, and I don't think it's worthwhile to switch browsers just for one site.

3 hours ago, Talisman said:

I use Chrome, and have cleared cookies and cache, but it usually doesn't help - everything ends up getting marked as unread, and starts the cycle all over again.

I have other browsers installed, but don't use them, and I don't think it's worthwhile to switch browsers just for one site.

I mean just for testing purposes. If it's just the browser you're using, it might be a setting preventing it from remembering what you've seen, so it might be worth seeing if there is a difference between them.