LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

World War 3

well...

I fear this will become war;

What would the USA do if another country murders Pence (vice president), Mark Esper (secretary of defense) or Mark A. Milley (Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff). I think one of those roles (or a combination of those) matches Qasem Soleimani 

9 minutes ago, Thrabath said:

What would the USA do if another country murders Pence (vice president), Mark Esper (secretary of defense) or Mark A. Milley (Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff). I think one of those roles (or a combination of those) matches Qasem Soleimani 

Exactly. If a US general had been blown up at an international airport in somewhere like Afghanistan or Syria, the US would be invading the attacker as soon as they could.

How they can get away with such blatant, hypocritical shit like this, I have no idea.

Don't worry Mike Pompeo is committed to de-escalation.  Just imagine what they would have done if the wanted to escalated the issue

Trump doesn't give a shit and neither do his cronies.  It's not their sons and daughters who will have to fight this war for the next twenty years.  I guess he's hoping that getting in a war will boost his popularity and secure reelection.  It sure would have been nice to be done with the last one first.  Well, fighting "wars" is an entirely a for profit endeavor at this point.  Not to profit the country, but the companies and boards of the companies who build all the fancy crap they use to kill people.  We need to justify the nearly one trillion dollar military budget.

10 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Trump doesn't give a shit and neither do his cronies.  It's not their sons and daughters who will have to fight this war for the next twenty years.  I guess he's hoping that getting in a war will boost his popularity and secure reelection.  It sure would have been nice to be done with the last one first.  Well, fighting "wars" is an entirely a for profit endeavor at this point.  Not to profit the country, but the companies and boards of the companies who build all the fancy crap they use to kill people.  We need to justify the nearly one trillion dollar military budget.

Its also a great way to distract from his impeachment

There is a million ways to eliminate a person. If it has to be done, Trump picked the wrong one. Trump in three years has made so many enemies for the US. Not just in a military sense but also in the political realm. I'm starting to think Trump is a bot created for the sole purpose of world destabilization. Whats next? Will the dumbass start spewing religious holy war rhetoric?

I watched a video where Lindsey Graham said something about how the Iraqi Kurds were going to align with the US in Iraq to help remove Iran's influence in Iraq. I was like Huh! How easily he forgot the US just let Turkey kill thousands of Kurds and displace exponentially more.

I just know the Israelis are gonna stick their face in this conflict. They been itching for a fight for more than a decade. Wearing their bigboy pants paid for with US tax dollars.

Trump said many times he wanted the US to get out of the Middle East. Well, to do that means actually leaving. It's kind a hard to do that when Trump is setting the place on fire. Now every American throughout all of the Middle East is a target. I might even expand that to every Christian, every white person who has a nationality aligned with the US in some capacity.

I wouldn't call this WW3 just yet. Before I'd set such a title to this event, I'd expect public beheadings posted on social media sites and other such gaslighting propaganda to fan the flames. Living in the nuclear weapon age sets the stage for uncertainty and many hair triggers. All it takes is one detonation then its hell on earth. I sure as fuck hope this bot we have as President doesn't have the ability to call nuclear launches.

36 minutes ago, Splay said:

I just know the Israelis are gonna stick their face in this conflict. They been itching for a fight for more than a decade. Wearing their bigboy pants paid for with US tax dollars.

Definitely. They've already been blowing up Iranian installations, equipment, and troops in Syria, while having no retaliation or wider consequences over it. They still trade with multiple nations the US has sanctioned, but don't get hit with any themselves like other nations do for doing so. Considering how much the US and Israel have fucked with Iran over the years, I'm amazed it didn't kick off sooner. Trump overreached by murdering a general of a nation he's not at war with (yet), but Israel will be well up for pushing against Iran through Syria, while stealing more land again.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

Definitely. They've already been blowing up Iranian installations, equipment, and troops in Syria, while having no retaliation or wider consequences over it. They still trade with multiple nations the US has sanctioned, but don't get hit with any themselves like other nations do for doing so. Considering how much the US and Israel have fucked with Iran over the years, I'm amazed it didn't kick off sooner. Trump overreached by murdering a general of a nation he's not at war with (yet), but Israel will be well up for pushing against Iran through Syria, while stealing more land again.

It's what happens when you base foreign policy on a 2000 yr old book.  They can't criticize Israel because it will lead to the apocalypse, or worse be labeled antisemitic  Calling my black neighbor an asshole for dumping garbage on my lawn doesn't make me a racist.  It makes my neighbor an asshole.  

5 hours ago, cossieuk said:

Its also a great way to distract from his impeachment

If this does lead to war with Iran, it's going to backfire on Trump so hard his head will spin.  People will hold him directly responsible for causing war.

1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

If this does lead to war with Iran, it's going to backfire on Trump so hard his head will spin.  People will hold him directly responsible for causing war.

That's tomorrows issue, today he has change the narrative

Kinda funny that this is getting called WW3.... yet the only players on the field are (at the moment) US and Iran.  Normally a World War indicates more than 2 countries.

It's not the first time the US has curbstomped a Middle Eastern country, won't be the last time.

Oh, and it honestly doesn't matter what the UK thinks on this... as they're already an Islamic Caliphate.

12 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh, and it honestly doesn't matter what the UK thinks on this... as they're already an Islamic Caliphate.

That is utter shite, you have absolutely no knowledge of the UK if you think that is true.  You really need to stop drinking the Trump Kool-Aid it has rotted your brain

12 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Kinda funny that this is getting called WW3.... yet the only players on the field are (at the moment) US and Iran.  Normally a World War indicates more than 2 countries.

It's not the first time the US has curbstomped a Middle Eastern country, won't be the last time.

It's fairly obvious to work out who will be the other players in this conflict. The US doesn't curbstomp, they destabilise but never actually achieve a win and are still fighting to this day. The UK is about 85% white, compared to US at about 60% white. 0 for 3.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

If by curb stomp you mean occupy and drag out a protracted war for 20 years, then sure it's not the first time they've done that.

Well, you elect an Irresponsible Imbecile as head of the most powerful nation in the world, you get what you asked for. Many times, both Bush and Obama could have killed the fucker ages ago, they chose NOT to, for obvious reasons. Putin at least tries to murder covertly, but this  is so open, so blatant, even the Mericans realize it's no good... 

There was a film I think, about a US president in trouble before re-election, choosing  to invade Albania. I have news for Trump - Iran is NOT Albania, and nowadays America can't control even shit-holes like Afghanistan. 

WW3 it will not be but.... 

Where is my cabin in the woods.... 

We failed in Afghanistan.

We failed in Iraq.

We will fail in Iran.

We need to stay the fuck out of the Middle East and let the thugs (that we turned into kings) destroy one another.

4 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Well, you elect an Irresponsible Imbecile as head of the most powerful nation in the world, you get what you asked for. Many times, both Bush and Obama could have killed the fucker ages ago, they chose NOT to, for obvious reasons. Putin at least tries to murder covertly, but this  is so open, so blatant, even the Mericans realize it's no good... 

There was a film I think, about a US president in trouble before re-election, choosing  to invade Albania. I have news for Trump - Iran is NOT Albania, and nowadays America can't control even shit-holes like Afghanistan. 

WW3 it will not be but.... 

Where is my cabin in the woods.... 

That film is "Wag the Dog".  Lots of people are making that comparison :)

2 hours ago, warspeech said:

That film is "Wag the Dog".  Lots of people are making that comparison :)

The people in that film were much smarter.  This is like that movie Canadian Bacon when they sent morons to start a war with Canada.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The people in that film were much smarter.  This is like that movie Canadian Bacon when they sent morons to start a war with Canada.

Good point :)

3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

You mean Trump's steel tariffs against Canada due to National Security issues? 

Nowadays comedy writers seem two steps behind ruling morons.

13 hours ago, Papi said:

We failed in Afghanistan.

We failed in Iraq.

We will fail in Iran.

We need to stay the fuck out of the Middle East and let the thugs (that we turned into kings) destroy one another.

No one has ever conquered Afghanistan. Its known as the graveyard of empires. The only way Alexander The Great could claim a win there was through marriage and less than a decade after his death Afghanistan was not under any one ruler for near 1,000 years. Russia did worse in Afghanistan than Hitler did invading Russia. The US didn't go to Afghanistan for the one purpose of terrorism. The US went there to evaluate Afghanistan's resources. Namely oil and natural gas. Why The US is still there is a mystery to me.

Iraq, It was dumb to go there. Main reason the US went there was because Saddam was attempting to go back the gold standard. There never was any WMD. By having Iraq be on the gold standard their oil wasn't as available to the US as they wanted because gold standard would cause trouble. You can't back your currency with gold if you don't have any. The United States sold most of its gold reserves (other countries as well) stockpiled after WWII. There are 1,000s of factual articles about how the US coerced most of the world to stop backing currency with gold. The irony of fate with Saddam, is when he was killed he had US dollars with him.

Iran, Idk really what there is to win there. The only pure win is absolute destruction. I doubt Trump will go "there" as an aggressive move. It would just be way too stupid.

The US, my country, needs to stop wasting our tax paid dollars fucking around on the other side of the world. I haven't a dollar value, but the last 30 years must be in the 20 trillion dollar range. I can't help but to think spending this money at home would actually Make America great for Americans.

Meanwhile Trump is spewing more vile breath out of his mouth.

"We have ... targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran"

The guy is a fuckin moron. Those hostages were in a time when I was still in school. Over 70% of today's Iranian's weren't even born back then.

9 hours ago, Bohemond said:

This forum probably should be renamed something like CNNcommunity or OMBcommunity

Googling OMB... Failing to see what a Vanuatu language or Oregion Medical Board have to do with WW3, but hey... 

8 minutes ago, Jedy2 said:

Googling OMB... Failing to see what a Vanuatu language or Oregion Medical Board have to do with WW3, but hey... 

I get United States Office of Management and Budget, and an Italian valve production company. I guess it's some niche far-right-wing term that nobody else knows about.